Anyone Recognize these Plants in Texas?

Houston, TX

Came across a few plants that I'm having a little hard time identifying. Anyone can help me out. Thanks.

Thumbnail by plantexplorer88
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

HI, I am also trying to find out what the name of the plant(shrubs) are in the lower left hand corner of your pictures, I have plenty of them on my property and would love to know the name of them also! Since you have a much better photo than I do, I hope someone answers your request. I am still looking at your other photos, will make another comment if I do know what they are. Thanks.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Bottom Right pic is a cycad, Cycas revoluta possibly. Commonly called Sago palms, they are not actually palms.

http://www.junglemusic.net/cycadadvice/cycads-sago-palm.htm

R1/2 look like they may be Tamarisk

http://forestry.about.com/od/forestinvasives/p/tamarisk.htm

This message was edited Nov 19, 2012 11:19 AM

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

plantexplorer88:

Instead of making a composite (compressed) single image of these five pictures, why not post each of them full sized? You can put 5 full images in a single post, or you can put one image in 5 separate replies in one thread.

That will make it much easier for those with less stellar vision to see details in the photos - and easier to ask questions about what you want ID'd, since there are several plants in some of the pics.

That said: I think R1/R2 could be Tamarix ramosissima, and S is Miscanthus sinensis - if you are asking about the grass/seedheads in the foreground.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

No fair cutting in line, moon...

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Hey VV...I just catch'em as I think I know them....sorry...trying to hone my Black Friday skills...grin

Delhi, India

Q Viburnum tinus
R1, R2 Tamarix
S Cycas

Delhi, India

Q is rather Rhaphiolepis indica

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Q is Rhaphiolepis. Indian Hawthorne, Mabe "Clara"

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from perennialyyours :
Q is Rhaphiolepis. Indian Hawthorne, Mabe "Clara"

Hawthorn (no -e ;-)

Resin

Houston, TX

Thanks everyone for your input, I really appreciate everything, and almost all the plants were identified and correct!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.