Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Fall Into Winter Container Gardening

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

As the temp. is getting cooler perennials in the garden are getting ready to enter dormancy, tender perennials are being put to bed. I am set out to revise the outdoor containers.

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1241986/

#1 Before
#2 After
#3 Tender perennials that were moved indoor;

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

We've dropped down to 42 the past couple nights, the only thing I took inside was my hanging Hoya. Everything seems to still be doing okay here....I'm enjoying the jungle right now, even though I know it is just a matter of time before I have to start protecting and dragging plants inside.

Some shots of my garden and fall containers the past couple weeks....

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Sunkissed ~ you are making me want to move to Florida. Beautiful setting. I fully know it will be hard to give it up for winter.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Let's go sit in those pink chairs and take in the scenery.

Lovely all around, sunkissed.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Let's... I too would like to visit. I bring tea, who will make cookies? lol

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The Muhle grass catches on the sun lit in the late afternoon. A turtle sunbathing in 50 degree F. ambien temp. Whoa, the water must have been much cooler down here now. Last pix is the same grass-- as if it was caught on fire under the sun lit.

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Would baked apples do? None of you would not want to eat anything I baked.

Perfect reflection of the turtle (hitching a ride on a log?) with a Monet-esque background. You have your own watercolor painting right there in reality :)
Breathtaking shot of the blazing grasses. Before enlarging the photo, they resembled fireworks or exploding tiki torches.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

You all are quite welcome to come take a sit in the garden, will be quite pleasant this week. I'll bake the cookies. ☺

Kim, you know I like turtles...nice shot. I love the back-lit fountain grass, they plant that all over here in the landscape and they are so pretty when the sun is setting or rising and lights them up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.