Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!: Thanksgiving ,Turkey,and Cranberries

Communities > Forums > Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!Replies: 3, Views: 5
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

November 20, 2012
6:17 PM

Post #9338563

Thankyou Carrie for the article. I was wondering today about our cranberry tradition.
I have a lot of problems with UTI and kidney stones. cranberries and juice does help considerably. I am thankful to have it year round. I love it also. I grew up with cranberries for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Funny, I read yesterday about orange and cranberry sauce. Had decided to try it. The first ingredient in this receipe is rasberry jello.
Vickie

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 21, 2012
8:08 AM

Post #9338997

Interesting, Vickie, I'm researching pudding and gelatin right now! The problem with cranberry-orange relish is that it often has a lot of sugar, and the same is true for normal "cranberry juice cocktail" -- it's cranberry favored sugar-water. I can't tolerate diet drinks, so I drink unsweetened pure cranberry juice, which is about like straight lemon juice. I mix it with fizzy water and ice.
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

November 25, 2012
4:01 AM

Post #9341780

I sometimes put a squeeze of lemon in my water during summertime. It's a great thirst quincher.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 25, 2012
8:08 AM

Post #9341907

I drink lemon or lime seltzer water and tons of ice...as the ice melts, I slurp it down. I don't know why it works that way...but it does.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Adding Cranberries to my grocery list! rcn48 6 Dec 17, 2007 1:24 AM
No more round slices ... GreenAtHeart 23 Nov 25, 2009 11:58 PM
Hey phicks 26 Dec 16, 2007 11:28 PM
Cranberry relish - year around birder17 13 Nov 25, 2009 12:58 AM
We LOVE Cranberries all year 'round! Aunt_A 3 Mar 23, 2008 7:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America