-
AuthorContent
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 22, 2012
2:44 AM

Post #9339637

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. If you are traveling, please stay safe.

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Click the image for an enlarged view.

MerryMary
Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL
(Zone 9b)

November 22, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9339749

Carolyn and all...Have a wonderful blessed Thanksgiving!
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

November 22, 2012
7:30 AM

Post #9339838

From me also -- we have much to be thankful for especially our dear friends here at DG. Have a happy and peaceful day.
Spitzkopf
Nooksack, WA

November 22, 2012
11:20 AM

Post #9339964

May all of you have a bountiful and warm Thanksgiving.
Tom
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

November 22, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9340262

Well, the bird has been laid to rest, along with all the trimmings, liquid as well as solid. Rousing games of Bananagrams. Ready for a movie on the tele and trying to stay awake to see the end. Got a picture of my son from Afghanistan. Said the food was awful so they went to get a hamburgher. lol. Now he says they are sending him to Korea for nine months. Well, crumb.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 23, 2012
3:53 AM

Post #9340354

Mary - when can he come home?
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

November 23, 2012
12:42 PM

Post #9340629

Oh, he will be home the first week of January and I am flying over to see him the following week. He said they were 'on the board' to go to Korea but that was some ways out. He has been there before and liked it. Especially the food. And Jeri and Bren can go visit him there.
BonnieGardens
Clermont, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 23, 2012
6:01 PM

Post #9340818

Mary, for 26 years I prayed for my oldest son who was in Air Force and all over the world. After 23 years he volunteered to go to Iraq for 6 mos which ended up being 9 mos. We wern't allowed to know where he was exactly but he made it home OK and then got out at 26 years. I was releaved as he has a family who needs him plus a mom that loves him. Would rather see your son in Korea than Afghanistan. Will add his name to my prayer list.
In 56 years I always cooked a feast on Thanksgiving. Well I decided not this year. I watched Macys parade and then national dog show in Phila. Then read a while. In other words I did NOTHING. All my kids cooked in their own homes. Of course they already told me Christmas had to be the usual but offered to bring some dishes cooked this time. I told them that was great and asigned something to ea. My son Jeff makes a wonderful ham. I have a 23 pd. turkey so that should be enough for meat. Others will bring sides.
Today I started working on getting outside lights ready to go up. Lots of bulbs need replaceing.
Wisemen on camels are 8 ft. tall and their legs move with a transformer. Usually takes up about 50 feet of yard to set it all up but I enjoy it and so do my neighbors. Really need a new real manger. Maybe I can talk Charlie into bldg. something substantial as usually all I have is an arched PVC pipe covered with lights over Mary, Joseph, Jesus & animals. I had better start asking for that in the morning.

Glad you all had blessed Thanksgiving. We certainly have a lot to be thankful for.

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

November 24, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9341359

We fly to Fairbanks for Christmas with my MIL. It is a nice trip and we always take my daughter Laura along. We just laze around, play games, read and knit. Well, us ladies do. Damien usually reads or works on his computer. The man does not know how to relax. Oh, and Woody our dog goes with us, in my lap if necessary on the plane. The plane is a little 26 seater with two seats on each side of the plane which is maybe 14-15' wide. Not quite a puddle jumper but close. Takes 1.5 hours instead of 45 minutes on the big planes.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 24, 2012
12:56 PM

Post #9341370

Oh, I want to go. Sounds like so much fun. I love lazing around, talking, trying new recipes and just enjoying the people I am with. I'll cook if you let me come!
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

November 24, 2012
2:21 PM

Post #9341415

Would have you along in a heart beat. Would have to fight my MIL to cook though. Only thing is she never cooks anything that she doesn't think a cube of butter will make better. She gets grumpy when we ask for no fried food and lay off the butter, but we can all stand less of that. Course with 2# of see's chocolates ---- and hot coffee -- and books. All is well.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 24, 2012
2:45 PM

Post #9341430

Sounds like it would be so much fun!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 364 Jul 24, 2014 8:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America