Seed Purge 2012/2013...Hop Aboard!

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

*THIS IS ALSO POSTED ON THE IDIG FORUM...MY NAME IS LEGALLYHEIDI THERE AS WELL)

GUIDELINES FOR THE SWAP:
Swapper should:
Have the ability to send seeds in by the deadline (January 4, 2013)
Check on the thread at least a once per week

Let me know in this thread that you would like to participate & I will message my address to you. THE PURGE IS OPEN TO US AND CANADA.

1. You can send in up to 50 seed packs. If you are sending in extra seeds as a bonus please mark them clearly as a bonus. If you send in 50 packages, you will get 50 packages back. If you send in 5 packages you will get 5 back. Bonuses will be divided between everyone, so you should end up with more than you send in. There is a maximum of 2 packages of each variety per person. Variety meaning “Dixie Butterpea”, not legumes in general You can send veggies, flowers, and herbs.
As a rule, seed packets should *try* and contain the following:
Tiny Seeds (basil, hyssop, poppies): 1/4 tsp
Small Flower Seeds (calendula, bachelor button): 1/2 tsp
Small Vegetable Seeds (tomato, pepper, eggplant): 10 seeds
Large Flower Seeds (4 O'Clock, Nasturtium, Thunbergia): 10 seeds
Large Vegetable Seeds (Squash, Beans, Corn): 20 seeds

2. Please send NAMED VARIETIES of seed. Please mark the seed package with the type of seed (annual or perennial flower, herb, vegetable, etc.) & the cultivar name. PLEASE DO NOT SEND KNOWN HYBRIDS. If seeds are from a commercial source, please note that as well. Basically put as much info as you can on the packet. Or if possible, send seeds in the original packet. If there is anything that is unsure of, just ask! Do not include mixes or mystery seeds. It isn`t fair to send mystery seed to people who followed the instructions & sent in named varieties. Unknown varieties will be sent back to you.

When you grow out the seeds that you receive please try not to be upset if an occasional plant is not true. That being said, please don`t send in seed that you know is crossed & will not grow true.

Please do not include seeds that are older than 2010.

3. Please include a list of the seeds that you are sending in (or message me with the list). Also include a wish list or preferences and if there are any seeds you do not want to receive. I will try my best to accommodate your wish list, but there are no guarantees, of course. The returned seeds will be completely dependent on what is sent in. The easiest wishlists to fill include some specifics (Malachite Box Tomato), but also some general wishes (Green-when-ripe tomatoes). Don't be shy. It is easier, if your wishlist has 100 things on it. If you wish to message me your wishlist, please feel free, and if you’d like, post it (or some of it) on the thread. If you have something on your wishlist & get it from another source, change your mind, or find something that you wish to add to your list, just let me know. It is no trouble to change the lists until the day that I send them out…then you’re kinda stuck
Please include both your real name (for mailing) and your screen name – so I know who has sent in their seeds!

WHAT TO SEND:
Inside your bubble wrap envelope you should have:
1. Whatever seed you are contributing to the swap
2. 5 Stamps
3. An address label with your address on it.
4. A wish list or list of preferences or do not want list
5. Include your name & Screen name

If all seeds arrive by 01/04, I aim to have them back in the mail by 01/07 (a Monday).

Seed purger count so far: 5

This message was edited Nov 23, 2012 10:18 PM

Hamburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Can I donate seeds to this swap? No seeds wanted in return...

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Sure thing! I'll send you a message.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Note for Canadians: I have't figured out the postage yet, but I don't think it's much different...someone is mailing their seeds on Idig to me this week from Canada, so I'll know better when I receive them.

Elk Horn, KY

This sounds fun! Please sign me up:)

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Will do! Thanks for joining in :)

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

going over to idig to check it out

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Please do...welcome aboard, risingcreek!

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

I'm interested. I thought I had no extra seeds left after DJ's robin, but I've just gone over my stash, and voila! There are they are, the escapees.... Ready to be shared elsewhere!

Pam

Kasota, MN(Zone 4a)

This sounds great! Please add me to your list :o) Thank you!

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Will do!

I have a question: Some of my leftover seeds are hybrids. They were bought from well-known seed companies, not harvested from my garden, so they will come true. Is that OK? Or you'd prefer not?

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

I think that's fine...when I just finished a swap on idig last month, and there were quite a few hybrids in the box. They were from well-known companies, though. I personally have no problem with it...as long as it wasn't harvested from the vegetable.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Still time to sign up! So far between the three garden forums, there are 22 participants :)

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Christine, your seeds arrived! Thanks for participating :) Many of your included are one others wishlists :)

This message was edited Dec 14, 2012 10:06 PM

Winston Salem, NC

Hi--I'd love to join if it's not too late.

Beth

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Not too late at all :)

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

I need everyone's seeds within the next two weeks...not to rush anyone...just a reminder ;)
*If* there's a delay, please let me know! We're all understanding folks :)

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Here's my tracking list...you can still join in as long as I get the seeds before/on Jan. 4th.

Participants:
midwestfarmwife ~Rec. Seeds
Gardenmermaid~Rec. Seeds
Sherilou~Rec. Seeds
Penny
DebbieG
Kim from DG Forums
czimmerman00 from DG Forums~Rec. Seeds
vanlearwoods from GardenWeb Forums~Rec. Seeds
risingcreek~Rec. Seeds
jessicaleighhughes~Rec. Seeds
JJJessee~Rec. Seeds
riverman~Rec. Seeds
Pfg from DG Forum
MNWildflower from DG Forum ~Rec. Seeds
saradavidson from GardenWeb Forum ~Rec. Seeds
BerryMomma~Rec. Seeds
Babcia from GardenWeb Forum~Rec. Seeds
chefconnie from GardenWeb ~Rec. Seeds
grdngramma from GardenWeb ~Rec. Seeds
Kelli9699 from GardenWeb~Rec. Seeds
christina00~Rec. Seeds
Tammy from GardenWeb ~Rec. Seeds
imabirdnut from GardenWeb
herbal from GardenWeb
beautifulreddaliah from GardenWeb ~Rec. Seeds
bethw336 from Dave's Garden ~Rec. Seeds
LInFL ~Rec. Seeds
time2bee ~Rec. Seeds
Gee_Oh_NY from Garden Web~Rec. Seeds
farmergirl2009 from Garden Web~Rec. Seeds
dougnjess from GardenWeb

This message was edited Jan 1, 2013 5:30 PM

I'm away visiting family until Thursday. I'll get my list together and send off my seeds by the weekend. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Edited for typos

This message was edited Dec 25, 2012 1:12 PM

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Merry Christmas!

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

Merry Christmas to you. I left my baggie of bonus seeds out of my envelope, so am mailing them to you tomorrow.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Merry Christmas to you, as well. I'll let you know when they arrive :)

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Risingcreek, I received your seeds :)

Everyone else: I need the seeds in one week and one day...if there's a delay, please contact me!

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

hopefully the extras(that i forgot to enclose) will be there soon

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Notta problem...I'll let you know when they arrive :)

Hi... I just sent you a dmail... Need your addy!

Thanks!

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Messaged you :)

Got it, thanks!

Winston Salem, NC

Hi Heidi--

What a great list of participants! Thanks so much for doing this. Glad my seeds arrived safely.

Bethw336

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

I updated my list of received seeds...if you have not mailed your seeds yet, please let me know.

I was surprised to see you didn't get my seeds yet, the receipt says Monday... I checked the tracking, and you should have it today.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!

Pam

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

I think the holiday has throw the po system off...as well as UPS...I did a rush order that was supposed to get to me on Monday, and it's due for delivery tomorrow! Grr!

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

@Pfg: Got them right after I posted the above message :)

Great! Sorry so late...

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Not a problem.

Hamburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Heidi...sent you a new message :-)

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Got it!

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

All the seeds have arrived...I'm going to finish sorting through and packing. I should have them all mailed out by Saturday...I'll post when I mail.

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

yippee!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.