Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!: Cranberry relish

Communities > Forums > Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!Replies: 1, Views: 2
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
debisd04
Brandon, SD

November 24, 2012
10:12 AM

Post #9341281

Just had to add to the cranberry recipes. I have been making a wonderful cranberry relish for many years now and can't think of Thanksgiving or Christmas with out it. I first heard it in NPR ( national public radio). It used to a holiday special every year for many years. After hearing it so many time I decided to finally try it. It's called Mama Stamberg's Cranberry relish. Here's the recipe: 2 cups whole raw cranberries, washed, 1 small onion, 3/4 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 T creamed horseradish from a jar. Grind cranberries & onion in food processor. Do not purée. Add everything else & mix together by hand. Put into a container & freeze. Move from freezer to fridge to thaw the night before serving. It should be thick, creamy with little ice crystals. It will be "pepto bismol " pink. I usually divide mine into 2-3 smaller containers so I can have it over several weeks or even save a container for Christmas. I know this recipe sounds weird but have to try it. It is WONDERFUL! Hope to hear from some brave eaters. :)

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

November 24, 2012
10:30 AM

Post #9341295

I was with you until you got to the (ugh) horseradish. I just get my mouth around that flavor, at least I couldn't the last time I tried it. The rest sounds yummy, like coleslaw with cranberry instead of cabbage? Thanks for your comment.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Adding Cranberries to my grocery list! rcn48 6 Dec 17, 2007 1:24 AM
No more round slices ... GreenAtHeart 25 Nov 30, 2014 9:52 AM
Hey phicks 26 Dec 16, 2007 11:28 PM
Cranberry relish - year around birder17 20 Jan 5, 2015 11:38 AM
We LOVE Cranberries all year 'round! Aunt_A 3 Mar 23, 2008 7:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America