Photo by Melody

Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!: What about the other varieties ?

Communities > Forums > Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!Replies: 1, Views: 5
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
prickersnall
Madison, WI

November 24, 2012
2:06 PM

Post #9341402

We here in Wisconsin have also the "High Bush Cranberry", and I think a few other varieties. But I don't know if they work the same for cooking; does anyone else ?

One thing I like to do is to add cranberries to baked beans...or even cranberry sauce, just a couple of dollops, and then a bit of sliced colby cheese on top. You'll be amazed at the richness of flavor the beans get from that added tartness !

carrielamont

carrielamont
Euless, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 24, 2012
5:47 PM

Post #9341587

I love leftover cranberry sauce with cheddar cheese. Yum yum yum. I think a lot of the cranberries we get down here are from Wisconsin.

Funny, they have the IDENTICAL Ocean Spray ad with the guys in the cranberry bog here in Texas that they had back in Massachusetts!

Thank you for your comment!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Adding Cranberries to my grocery list! rcn48 6 Dec 17, 2007 1:24 AM
No more round slices ... GreenAtHeart 23 Nov 25, 2009 11:58 PM
Hey phicks 26 Dec 16, 2007 11:28 PM
Cranberry relish - year around birder17 13 Nov 25, 2009 12:58 AM
We LOVE Cranberries all year 'round! Aunt_A 3 Mar 23, 2008 7:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America