Photo by Melody

Article: The Turkeys Are Coming! Should we welcome wild turkeys to our gardens?: Turkey Dangers

Communities > Forums > Article: The Turkeys Are Coming! Should we welcome wild turkeys to our gardens?
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Turkeys Are Coming! Should we welcome wild turkeys to our gardens?Replies: 1, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JeffreyCaldwell
Waldon, CA

November 26, 2012
11:38 AM

Post #9342978

Bicyclists and motorcycle riders have been injured or even killed by collisions with these large, low-flying birds, which easily become bold to hang around roads, especially where fed or catered to ...

I fear that such concentrations of prey as provided by large flocks of wild turkeys in suburbs at the edge of wildlands will increasingly draw coyotes and mountain lions into the same neighborhoods to hunt them.

I love turkeys, but I think it is not a good thing when people deliberately feed them.
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

November 26, 2012
1:00 PM

Post #9343075

I agree!
Anytime that people attempt to feed or otherwise make pets of wildlife problems generally ensue.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Turkeys Are Coming! Should we welcome wild turkeys to our gardens? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
In the Garden irisMA 5 Nov 28, 2008 2:16 AM
Great phicks 9 Nov 28, 2008 7:43 PM
Wild Turkeys have their own website! gloria125 5 Nov 28, 2008 6:48 PM
Gardening software Petergt 1 Dec 1, 2008 2:54 PM
turkeys in my garden lhillsman 1 Jun 27, 2009 10:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America