joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 27, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9344265

I sure do love to look at blooms.. :) September 2011
I called this the patio mix when I sent these out last winter

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife
Click an image for an enlarged view.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 27, 2012
9:31 PM

Post #9344387

Those were all beautiful blooms Debra. Your
last pic with the purp and the small orange Noah is just stunning. :-)

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2012
5:02 AM

Post #9344454

PB is pretty Jackie!
Debra, I like the second bloom in your pics!
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

November 28, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9344505

Jackie, love all your gorgeous blooms from the last thread too.

Debra all your blooms are gorgeous too, love looking at them too.

Pretty cool here after the rain. Sorry the rain missed you Jackie. No blooms here but my latest seedlings are starting to climb and I like the leaves on this one.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Click the image for an enlarged view.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 28, 2012
11:19 AM

Post #9344718

Guess I missed the link for a new thread, lovely flowers everyone!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 28, 2012
1:21 PM

Post #9344771

Thanks Ronnie I liked that #2 also and #4 with the bold bars.. All are very pretty though.

Thanks Helena. I love the variegated lvs on your new seedlings. An unusual color.

Thanks Linda. The link for the new thread is in the last post of the previous thread.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 28, 2012
8:18 PM

Post #9345102

I think varigated leaves are the coolest ever.. always a plus when you get a bloom too!
Thanks about the second one, no one could ever tell me what it was, and I grew them this past summer too, I put all the seeds from the patio in a mix called mg mix. When you get these seeds ya all, what I have shown is what I put in there.. no names, sorry.
we have not had any rain in a month now, just filled up jugs with laundry water, to water out side and inside with. * sigh* we use soap that has no phosphates, I use it to spray with too.
August 1st 2012 patio mix

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 28, 2012
9:53 PM

Post #9345136

Debra, more beautiful blooms. If I get some sds for these beauties in a mix, I will be so happy. :-)
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

November 29, 2012
6:05 AM

Post #9345259

Beautiful blooms Debra, I'll 2nd that about the seeds. Looks like I have to start putting some together for you too.

Here's two seedlings from my BMN from beije seeds. Looking forward to see what blooms from them. The seedling on the left has variegated leaves, the one on the right doesn't yet and the stem is darker than the other.

This message was edited Nov 29, 2012 2:03 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 29, 2012
11:38 AM

Post #9345494

Helena, excited to see what blooms you get on the BMN vines.
One of my new vines has had a meltdown, maybe a virus out of my potting mix? It was last yr
that I had all those gorgeous varieg lvs which had to be caused by a virus in the potting mix
It's a shame I didn't take cuttings from those varieg vines, the only way to keep those lovely lvs going. :-
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

November 29, 2012
12:04 PM

Post #9345514

Thanks Jackie, need to go and water them just a little maybe also with just a touch of bloom booster.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 30, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9346081

They are looking very healthy!
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

November 30, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9346108

Thanks Debra. This salvia bloomed for the first time this year, the blooms are a lot darker than in the picture. I can't remember it's name, the leaves feel very soft and fuzzy.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 30, 2012
11:27 AM

Post #9346293

Pretty red blooms Helena. I love the Salvias/Sage Family.
I never met one of those I didn't like. :-)

One of my last Mauve Splash blooms 2 weeks ago.
This Pretty Pink Asago was a beauty, same day as the Mauve Splash bloom

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie         

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

November 30, 2012
8:08 PM

Post #9346610

Jackie, I love your beautiful blooms. Those are really special vines.

Thanks too, I love my salvias. I have quite a few to start soon from seed.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 30, 2012
9:47 PM

Post #9346658

Thanks Helena. We'll enjoy your Salvia blooms with you. Do the Salvias take a long time to germinate
like the Impatiens do.?
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 1, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9346828

Jackie, salvia seeds can take anywhere from 3 to 7 days to germinate. Some stuborn seeds may take longer, some refuse, like native seeds from CA, China. I've given up on trying on some. I like the ones from Central and South America cuz they do better for me here. I have grown 1 or 2 from South Africa.

One Star of India bloom today. I've got a few large foam cups to grow mgs in, I think they'll keep the roots warmer. Now I feel like starting some more seeds to grow.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 1, 2012
12:18 PM

Post #9346988

A pretty MG. Helena, one of my favorites. Are you going to start mgs in the large foam cups or use them
for potting up to the next size?

I think Impatiens can take up to 3 weeks to sprout so Salvias much faster.

My DD has been spraying hair spray over my mg's in the bathroom. I've lost 3 so far.
She wasn't spraying them directly but it still got em. :-(
I think the spray was the culprit, My 1st thought was a virus.

Lav Beauty in July.

Thumbnail by patootie

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 1, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #9347055

Jackie, it started warming up today and it turned out to be a real nice day to be outside. Kids enjoyed going to the Christmas parade. I got to play in dirt too in gh, I'm using the foam cups to repot from the tiny cups into what I think some of those are either 24 oz or 32 oz. My kids bring them home when they get drinks. I'm also got a foam cooler that I'm going to use to place as many of the small pots that fit in there to keep them warm. Dec.1st already.

Sorry to hear you DD hair spray near the mgs. I didn't know that could affect them. Hope you can start a few more though.

Gorgeous bloom from your Lav. Beauty Jackie.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 1, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9347199

Thanks Helena. I missed this pic somehow.
I don;t know for sure if the spray did it Helena, just a guess.
I'll try to plant a few more mg sds. I'd love to have some blooms by
Feb. :-)
The 24 and 32 oz cups should give your MG"s plenty of growing room.
It was over 70 here today, a new record and we had our Christmas Parade too. DD got caught in the traffic cause we forgot about it.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

December 1, 2012
6:52 PM

Post #9347253

Pretty LB Jackie!

Helena I had a bloom similar to yours this year too...it was from Arlan a few years ago, just labeled with a number. Quite a few variations of it throughout the summer.

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 1, 2012
8:33 PM

Post #9347295

I don't know if it would for sure Jackie.

Beautiful bloom Ronnie, one of mine did the same thing with the blizzard variation. I really like it better when they do that, makes it more interesting.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 1, 2012
9:14 PM

Post #9347311

Thanks Ronnie, Star of India makes some beautiful variations. Yours is lovely.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 2, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #9347445

Love all the blooms, and I agree, variations make it worth the trip to the garden every morning to see what is new.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 2, 2012
9:16 AM

Post #9347618

Good Morning.. really pretty blooms you all have posted. I love salvias.. have never seen one quite like that one, Helena.
I love the star of india.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 3, 2012
5:47 AM

Post #9348466

Thanks Linda and Debra. Salvias were my first passion so I'm trying to grow more of them again.

The only little red mgs blooming today along with a few tropical hummingbird plants outside. The abutilon inside gh.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 3, 2012
1:29 PM

Post #9348895

Love your tropicals Helena. Is that a Clerodendrum pictured after the Abutilon?
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 3, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9349068

Thanks Jackie, yes that is a clerodendrum vine. It dies back after the frost hits it but will come back in spring. It's a late bloomer for me.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 3, 2012
9:40 PM

Post #9349239

I think its a late bloomer in the greenhouse too. I love the red blooms.
I had a Clerodendrum bungii that I lost cause I insisted on growing it in a pot. It spreads but
with 6 acres, It could have spread all it wanted. Hope I find another one day. :-)

No Mai today.

Thumbnail by patootie

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 4, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9349387

I love that red flower too, Helena. I try abutilon twice now, but can't get one past one or two blooms. I love morning glorys cuz they always show other flowers what to do.. :)
Like Jackies No Mai.. see? LOL
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 4, 2012
11:04 AM

Post #9349628

Jackie, I'll have to look up that name, to see if it's like mine or different. It does spread.

Beautiful bloom Jackie, love your no Mai.

Debra, they say you have to keep trying growing them even after loosing them at least 3 times. Can't tell you how many times I've had them and lost them.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 4, 2012
4:02 PM

Post #9349889

Thanks Helena and Debra.
When I grow Abutilons from sds, I have to be very careful with the watering. When they're tiny, I can't help but notice they don;t seem to like much water. I still manage to kill mine in 2 or 3 yrs. They get so big, some of them, that they are constantly begging for larger pots when they get up a couple of feet tall. I think thats
because with my good Fetilome potting mix, the roots can just go/grow crazy. Going thru a pot of the mix in no time flat.;-)
Helena,s Abutilons are so pretty in pink, that I'm going to try my sds or order a couple.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 5, 2012
6:37 AM

Post #9350305

Jackie, I have 3 or 4 right now. I'm on a list for the orange hed veined one that's good for hummers. At one time I had one that was about 8 ft tall growing in the ground, my mistake was not starting more from cuttings when they get that big. Where do you get your Fetilome potting mix? I love mixing Black Magic from Big Lots with old soil cuz it's very rich.

No mgs today but my Iris has a bud and new growth, is it confused when it's supposed to bloom? My agastache outside is doing good too with a few blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh         

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 5, 2012
11:16 AM

Post #9350538

Helena, I bet the cool temps confused your Iris. Wish I had planted my Agastache, it looks kinda bad in the g house. I know it wants to be in the ground, probably hardy to zone 4.

I get my Fertilome potting mix locally in No Little Rock. Just a 15 minute drive for me. Its 2 cubic foot bag for
about 11.99. I go thru at least 5 of these each yr trying to repot a lot of my plants. If you ever used it Helena, you would love it. When you get time, google for Fertilome Potting Mix. The manufacturers name is different not Fertilome.
Helena, I'll have to try some of the Black Magic from Big Lots, maybe mix some of it.
A few times. I grew out Parks or Burpees Sherbert Abutilons. Can't remember the exact name right now.
One was a white, that faded to yellow and then darkened to gold. So it could have 3 diff colors on it at the same time. I loved it. I need to see if my sds are still good.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 5, 2012
12:32 PM

Post #9350593

I know this is for morning glories, but I have a question about poinsettias. I just bought 4 plants from wal mart, and when I got home, one of them broke off at the base of the plant, made me so mad? Can they be rooted?
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 5, 2012
3:43 PM

Post #9350752

Linda, I don;t think I've ever tried to root a Poinsettia. Try 2 cuttings from the broken stem/s.. Try one in
a cup of fresh water and one in potting mix or even seed starter which is light. To me, roots form better when the cut end is in slightly dry conditions and the dryer medium encourages
rooting. If it broke off at the base, it's like pruning and it should grow back out very full and pretty. Maybe not red though, that takes special treatment to get the red leaves.
I;ve had some of the most unusual plants root in a cup of water, Brugs for one and I can get gingers and Angel Wing Begonias to root very easily in a cup of water. The tree MG's do that too and Philodendrons. I've rooted Bromeliads in water too and our annual MG's. Be interesting to see if the Poinsettia can root in water.
Maybe someone else will weigh in here. :-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 5, 2012
4:49 PM

Post #9350804

Thanks for the info. I put them in water right away, I will place a few in soil too, and see what happens.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 5, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9350931

Poinsettia is a member of the spurge family. Go to google and type in " rooting poinsettia cuttings" that will get you all kinds of answers.
I had a beautiful couple blooms besides the ones I have posted, but too tired t download them. I sure am glad these are producing seed pods.. when I send them out, they will be basement window mg mix LOL

Well, sister got the news today.. the past 6 chemo rounds she just endured did nothing and the cancer has spread to her liver, her other lung all covered now, and her hip bone is almost eaten away. She is so upset, but did agree to do another chemo that is new for 6 more rounds. She is going to get her u know what together and let me go get her after this round of chemo so she can be around her family here while she can at least walk and do a few things. I am so sad, but have to remain positive for her. Sorry to dump. Love you guys..
this is the one that was blooming this am.. from my Patio mix I am sending out to you all.. which I am working on everynight, getting your packets ready and all.

Thumbnail by joeswife

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 5, 2012
7:44 PM

Post #9350950

Debra, that is a beautiful mg. I'm so sorry to hear the news about your sister. I'm sad for you too. Hopefully the new round of chemo will help. Will be keeping your sister and you in prayers.

Your mg is beautiful.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 5, 2012
9:25 PM

Post #9351015

Linda, I see the articles Deb mentioned does suggest the use of the rooting hormone powder. I like to use that too. You might try some to see if it speeds rooting. Might add a little sand to your potting mix to keep it light so the cutting doesn't rot. Thats one of the reasons I like to use a light potting mix.

Debra, so sorry to hear this bad news. I hope and pray that the new chemo will help your sis. Shes fought so hard and I'm glad she has you and Joe to lean on for support. Keeping her in my prayers
Lovely Morning Glory

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 6, 2012
5:04 AM

Post #9351117

Sorry for the sad news Debra. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers for her! (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) for you!

Thanks for the info on the rooting info. I will let you all know how it goes!
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 6, 2012
8:35 AM

Post #9351256

Repeat bloom this morning.

This message was edited Dec 6, 2012 10:36 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 6, 2012
12:48 PM

Post #9351445

Helena, we don;'t mind that its a repeat. Beautiful dark bloom.
I have mis-placed my battery charger for my Sony cybershot.Trying to order another one. Good thing that
I'm not taking many pics right now.
No wonder I couldn't find these pics of my favorite hige, they're just on my pics page not within any dated file.
Don't have a clue now how that happens.

A Purple Tie Dye, coming out of Parks Pkg labeled as Blue TD

Pretty fading Lav LYK with blue showing

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie      

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 6, 2012
2:33 PM

Post #9351568

Those are very pretty!

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

December 6, 2012
3:54 PM

Post #9351627

Nice bloom Helena!
Jackie your hige is real nice, very chilly here so it's nice to see some blooms!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
5:52 PM

Post #9351741

Love the hige, but that one in themiddle is beautiful, Jackie. Gee Helena, I am so happy you are still getting blooms!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 6, 2012
9:54 PM

Post #9351914

Thanks everyone. Ronnie, The hige is from last summer, 2011. I didn't even get a vine like that one this yr. :-(
Debra, the one in the middle is the Lav LYK fading to such a pretty color. A shame it didn't want to make any sds even with me trying to help things along.

Oops, edited to say fading Lav LYK not Lav Saz

This message was edited Dec 7, 2012 3:14 PM
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 7, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #9352040

Thanks ladies.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love your hige and Lav. Saz and tie dye.

I can't say that it's been very cold here. I finaly got a nice size Star of India but the color is off.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 7, 2012
1:30 PM

Post #9352395

Well, its still a pretty color Helena.

Lav Saz coming out of Blue Saz sds.

Plum Purple Velvet

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie         

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 7, 2012
9:24 PM

Post #9352726

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I hope to grow a few of my saz seeds this coming spring.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 7, 2012
9:28 PM

Post #9352730

I love the soi, helena,I know you say the color might not be right, the water color effect is pretty perfect to me..
Jackie Plum Purple delight is a delight to see!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 7, 2012
9:47 PM

Post #9352736

Thanks Helena and Debra. Helena, I've got to get back on your sds tomorrow. I just need to add a couple and still waiting on the Pink Silk sds to ripen. They've looked the same for 5 to 6 weeks, still green while all the others are fast maturing. I have some nice Saz sds in your envelope Helena.
Debra, I know I sent you some PPV to grow this spring. Hope they make the same lovely blooms I've enjoyed all summer and fall. Its a beautiful MG and one of my favorites.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 8, 2012
7:50 AM

Post #9352924

Thanks Debra, I'm just glad that it was a nice size bloom. Here's another bloom from the same vine and a small blue star on another vine. A red Abutilon blooming and growing outside.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh      

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 8, 2012
10:49 AM

Post #9353049

A few more blooms though not mgs. Salvias still blooming outside and iris closer to opening bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh      

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 8, 2012
12:28 PM

Post #9353120

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Eager to see your Iris blooms.
Love the Abutilon and the pretty Salvias.
Still looking for my Abutilon sds, they're here somewhere. :-)

Pink Silk open this morning.

Thumbnail by patootie

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 8, 2012
1:52 PM

Post #9353162

Beautiful dark purple salvia!

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

December 8, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9353343

Pink silk sure is pretty!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 8, 2012
9:42 PM

Post #9353396

Thanks Ronnie, a shame its so stingy with the sds. The 2 lone pods it set are the result of hand pollination.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 9, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9353572

This is one of my new seedling with a bud on the very end of the vine. Why did it do that? I don't expect it to grow much or make a lot of seeds. I had a few other vines that did that in the past too. This is a ? mystery vine, no name until it blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 9, 2012
12:13 PM

Post #9353816

Can't wait to see what it is!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 9, 2012
6:46 PM

Post #9354161

me too... some times that happens downstairs..
sister in in the hospital, hope they get all that pnuemonia ad fluid gone from her. surgery is going to be done to open the pockets of fluid on her lungs and scrape them out so the antibiotic will penetrate those areas . *sigh*
here are the latest blooms downstairs. freezing and windy outside here..

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

December 9, 2012
6:54 PM

Post #9354169

Very nice Debra, so glad you have your indoor garden to help keep up your spirit...keeping you and your sister in my prayers daily. (((♥)))
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 9, 2012
9:10 PM

Post #9354249

Beautiful blooms Debra. Nice to see your pretty stictocardia in bloom
Love that last pic.
Praying that your sis's surgery will be successful Debra. She's been thru so much already.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 10, 2012
5:44 AM

Post #9354410

Love your blooms Debra. Keeping your sister in prayers too.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

December 11, 2012
9:40 AM

Post #9355577

Deborah, Hang in there and sending good thoughts and prayers for your sister and you.

Helena, I love your abutilons, I've got the one with the yellow veined skirt,.. I've never seen seeds on that though. They are hardy (mine makes it through each winter and doesn't die down) it just goes dormant but the stems stay green, sometimes there are still leaves on it. I love these. I'd like to root some from mine and get other colors.

Jackie, these variegated Turks Caps seed finally germinated and some of them have the variegated cotyledons... hopefully I can keep them alive over the winter, I lost a couple due to the studio getting too cold at night. Haven't packed up the seeds I promised everyone yet. But will get them out in the next two weeks.

Hi Ronnie, good to see you. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and great New Year.

Waving hello to everyone.

I don't think I'm getting a computer for Christmas, because my DH got me an Apple Ipad during Black Friday, but the good news is that it has a camera built in and I can take photos with it, and then send them via email and most likely upload here. I'm not sure how that works, but I'll be trying on the practice forum if they still have one here. They used to. Now to start over with photos.

I wonder sometimes if I can keep up with technology anymore. And what happens to all the cameras we all have..lol, if computers and laptops now have cameras, and webcams already built in. Boggles the mind.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all and I love all your photos of the wonderful Morning Glories.

Antoinette
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 11, 2012
11:22 AM

Post #9355652

No hurry on mine A. So busy this time of yr with Christmas just 2 weeks from today. How did it get here so fast?? I'm headed to town now to mail the last of my outgoing sds and try to get a little Christmas shopping done.
The technology a little too much for this old lady too :-)

Merry Christmas to you A. Wishing you a healthy, happy holiday season.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 11, 2012
11:27 AM

Post #9355657

Thanks Antoinette, you will just have to take a picture of your abutilon. I'd love to see it. I use to have quite a selection of them but Iost most one by one except for the red one. The other ones are new replacements I bought. My orange red veined was hardy too and go dormant in the winter. It's a good practice to root extras just in case.

It's cold here today, haven't even gone to see if anything bloomed in the gh. But I took these pictures yesterday.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh         

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 11, 2012
11:31 AM

Post #9355658

Pretty mg Helena and the Hibiscus is a beauty.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 11, 2012
11:40 AM

Post #9355663

Here's a few more.

Yellow hibiscus, orange bloom (can't remember name)
Salvia seedlings
Salivia coccinea with variagated leaves
Salvia blue chiquita
Last is supposed to be salvia Van Ramsey?

Wishing everyone Merry Christmas!! and a Happy New Year!

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 11, 2012
11:42 AM

Post #9355665

Thanks Jackie!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 11, 2012
8:49 PM

Post #9356031

I love all the yellow flowers, you can see them a mile down the road.

Love the yellow Hibiscus and the Red blooms too Helena.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 11, 2012
9:56 PM

Post #9356117

good to see you, A.
Lovely colors on yur blooms, helena and your cape honeysuckle is pretty too. (the orange blom) mine is still blooming downstairs, too.
Sister was feeling weak but rested this am.
I do not have a "smart phone" or any of the other stuff. I will never have a phone that takes pictures, and love my camera.
It has been very cold here, but still in a draught. I am still catching laundry water for the trees and shrubs and flower beds. I havn't thought about christmas much. So many huge seed pods on the vines downstairs, been waiting on them to ripen before I send out any seeds.
love you all, stay warm.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 11, 2012
10:02 PM

Post #9356122

here are a few of the things I have growing right now..
Jackie, I may have a shrimp plant to send you and helenea I may have a clerodendrum for you.. I am sort of waiting until after christmas to send out the plants I want people to have..

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 11, 2012
10:58 PM

Post #9356145

Oh I see thats an orange bloom now Helena. Thanks to Debra for pointing that out. A pretty Cape Honeysuckle.
Debra, glad your sis came thru surgery just fine and resting comfortably.
We are still needing rain too Debra. We've had too little, too late
I won;'t ever have all that new stuff either. I wouldn't know how to work it or what I'm supposed to do
with it, lol
Lots of nice plants in your basement Debra.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 12, 2012
3:10 AM

Post #9356176

Beautiful basement full of plants and blooms. Looks like our Catch all bedroom. I made room for a bunch of plants, so far they are doing food. I even have an angel trumpet with buds, hope it blooms for me.
Debra, glad to hear your sister is doing OK! Sending prayers her way for a speedy recovery.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 12, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9356312

Thank you ladies. Glad your sis surgery went well and she is resting Debra. Thanks for the ID too.

Love all your plants, they look very good. I'd love the clerodendrum but I'm afraid you probably have to much on your hands already.

I brought in my milkweed plants in pots into the green house and noticed what looks like tiny eggs underneath the leaves. They'll be warmer inside gh and maybe hatch.

Only mg that bloomed this am.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

December 12, 2012
9:53 AM

Post #9356395

Hi Antoinette, and a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you also!

Loving all the blooms, keep them coming. You guys can have our rain, today is the first day of sun after about a week of rain and clouds, not a winter person but would rather have the snow and a freeze, so sick of the mud with the dogs!

Trying to get Christmas stuff done too, been under the weather for a while and need to get my act in gear, have tons of cookies yet to bake and a bit more shopping...uggg how does the time get away from us!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2012
11:28 AM

Post #9356453

Beautiful color on that bloom Helena. I love it.

Ronnie, I don't know how the Holiday season got here so fast. I wish I could get a headstart on my
baking too but just hope to make the pies the day before Christmas.
I hope you get to feeling better soon so you can enjoy Christmas
I still haven't found all the right gifts for the g kids, proving very hard this yr since they're older.

an ochracea bud visible in this pic, something to look forward to
Oxalis tubers escaped into the g house gravel.

A new Begonia found this summer. I like the color

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie      

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 12, 2012
12:58 PM

Post #9356512

Nice plants Jackie. I forgot my ochracea vine outside but it's still alive. I just wish mine would bigger bloom but when it blooms for me it's the size of a purpurea bloom.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2012
3:59 PM

Post #9356712

Thanks Helena.
My ochracea just makes 2 and 1/2 to 3 inch blooms but the yellow is so pretty and bright, I don't mind. Its big enough
to make me happy. :-) It might be that if the vine itself got huge, the blooms might be even bigger

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 12, 2012
9:17 PM

Post #9356961

I can't wait to see it too, Jackie. Like you all, i have to get baking done too, but i just can't seem to either do it, or do it. LOL

i have some joyce cobbs downstairs blooming from darrin. I have run out of batteries, can't seem to get my self to the store, it is so cold here all i want to do is come home and get into my jammies and robe and blankets. found one of the blue stripe i nils downstairs had a very ripe seed pod, so i now have 4 seeds to put in the basement mix for you all. YAY! I promise these will be at least tagged as basement window mix . *sigh*
anyway.. here is the plant the seedpod is from..

Thumbnail by joeswife

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2012
10:08 PM

Post #9356971

Your Blue Stripe is a very pretty MG Debra.

Been very cold here too, in the 40's but made it to 52 today, how nice it was..

My little yellow Philodendron is going crazy in the g house. I've taken a tip cutting and trying to root it.

Thumbnail by patootie

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 13, 2012
10:26 AM

Post #9357305

Pretty bloom Debra.

Nice plant Jackie, pretty color on the leaves. Got very cold here too, our 2nd light frost.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 13, 2012
11:08 AM

Post #9357334

Thanks Helena. Our cold nightime temps are going to moderate somewhat. We've had
2 nights at 25 and last night was 28. Hopefully no
freezing temps tonight nor for the next few nights to come.
Wish Darren would check in every once in a while, we miss his posts.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 14, 2012
6:55 AM

Post #9357949

I'm really not keeping up with the temps, all I know is that's cold. I added another lamps to a conner of my gh for some warmth. My hibiscus plants are still outside in big pots, I need to bring in my fancy one. The other ones spent winter outside last year, I'll probably just move them closer to the house. Nice and sunny here now, it'll be nice and warm by noon. No mg blooming today and all my seedlings look great. I did start a few more seeds and they are doing good so far.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 14, 2012
12:09 PM

Post #9358199

Helena, I do like to watch the temps cause of my g house but not necessary since my heater kicks off and on automatically. I didn't always have a heater that kicked on by itself so watching the temps and forecast lows was necessary. Old habits die hard. Having that great feature keeps me from running down there all the time. It 's at least 100 feet from my back porch. Still wishing for an attached green house, maybe one day.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 14, 2012
8:40 PM

Post #9358646

Jackie, that would be very nice to have an attached gh greenhouse! Me too, we've thought about doing that on our back porch from time to time.
Glad you have your automatic heater, wish I had one too. But I have to check on my plants everyday to see which needs to be watered.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 15, 2012
8:51 AM

Post #9358912

love the yellow on the philo, mine are all hanging in the pink bedroom, had some blooms but camera is still in need of the dreaded battery thing.
miss darren, too.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 15, 2012
11:23 AM

Post #9359065

Helena, I keep hoping like everyone else that I'll win the lottery. lol then my attached g house would be no
problem.
Debra. thanks, I love that little Philo and can't believe how fast its growing. Hope you get new batteries soon
so you can send pics.

Yesterday was Darren's birthday. I did a Birthday thread for him.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2012
8:54 AM

Post #9359776

I happy birthday sang to him on facebook..I sure do miss his posts.
his joycecobbs are bloomin gaway downstairs
the large
purplestar are blooming again
seedpod are ripening
that is the news here today
sister is home from the hospital now she is very happy to be home
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 16, 2012
11:33 AM

Post #9359894

Debra, your Purple Star is a real beauty. Glad to hear you're getting seed pods.
Been so long since I've seen a Joyce Cobb, I can't even remember what it looks like.

Truly no place like home. Sending your sis another card tomorrow. :-)
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 17, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9360503

Debra, I think your Purple Star is gorgeous too. I'm glad your sis is happy to be home.

We are getting good rain here today. The plants really needed it. Yesterday I planted my Louis Phillip rose by my gh entrance just so I could get the scent as I go by. It's one of the antiques roses. I'll be getting at least a few more roses after Christmas to replace one dark peach I lost. This crazy weather, it has warmed up here some.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 17, 2012
12:03 PM

Post #9360764

We could use a good soaking too Helena. Been a while since we had enough rain to matter.
Good idea to plant your roses where you can enjoy the great fragrance. :-)

I sure miss my Blue Marble Not, this pic from Sept

Thumbnail by patootie

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2012
12:40 PM

Post #9360794

Love that Jackie!!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 17, 2012
12:58 PM

Post #9360807

Thanks Ronnie. I did not get a chance to mark individual blooms like the one above. Wish I could have
because some of the blooms were really special. Any sd could probably make that incredible bloom though.
Lets hope!! :-)
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 17, 2012
3:20 PM

Post #9360920

Gorgeous bloom Jackie!!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 17, 2012
11:29 PM

Post #9361166

Thanks Helena.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 18, 2012
12:36 AM

Post #9361173

That is a beautiful bloom, worthy of a frame, Jackie. I worked on special christmas seed packets today, mailing two out tommorrow. Hope no one has moved and not updated me of their address LOL
time for bed.. cya in the late evening tommorrow.
this is from august 2011

prolly some seeds in the mixes I am sending out.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 18, 2012
10:34 AM

Post #9361486

All lovely blooms Debra. Great clear pics too.

To our new thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1291505

This message was edited Dec 18, 2012 11:39 PM
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

December 18, 2012
2:50 PM

Post #9361679

Beautiful pictures Debra.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Morning Glories Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wild Morning Glory. poppysue 12 Feb 9, 2012 10:32 PM
Help! Teens making MG tea. ? getting high! help mingsmimi 5 Jul 18, 2009 4:33 PM
Now ain't that purdy?! (Morning Glory pic) Seedsower 48 Mar 9, 2007 10:29 AM
Ipomoea Seeds 101 QueenB 27 Nov 19, 2008 1:03 PM
Wild Potato Vine - Need help with pollenation KevinTernes 22 Aug 22, 2007 10:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America