Photo by Melody

Perennials: Which company sells the best quality zinnia seeds???

Communities > Forums > Perennials
bookmark
Forum: PerennialsReplies: 7, Views: 179
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sburt
John Day, OR

November 27, 2012
4:07 PM

Post #9344083

Not that pleased with the seeds I purchased from Burpee this year. Anyone have suggestions for great zinnia seeds? Thank you!
BeaHive
Dallas, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 4, 2012
2:03 PM

Post #9349760

I was happy and succesful with seed from Eden Brothers. They have seed on sale now.
http://www.edenbrothers.com/store/zinnia_seeds.html
cindyeo
Duxbury, MA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2012
5:15 PM

Post #9355072

I saw your topic and was going to answer that I just buy Burpee seeds at a discount store near me. I buy about 6 packages, usually several different tall varieties, and sow them all mixed together in a cutting garden, so I'm not really sure what kind of yield I get. Is that your complaint with Burpees, they don't germinate well? Or you didn't like the actual flowers?
cindyeo
Duxbury, MA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #9355074

actually, just realized this is in the perennial forum, you probably want to ask this in the annual forum.
sburt
John Day, OR

December 22, 2012
5:50 PM

Post #9365039

oops, you are right!
sburt
John Day, OR

January 2, 2013
1:51 PM

Post #9373340

cindyeo wrote:I saw your topic and was going to answer that I just buy Burpee seeds at a discount store near me. I buy about 6 packages, usually several different tall varieties, and sow them all mixed together in a cutting garden, so I'm not really sure what kind of yield I get. Is that your complaint with Burpees, they don't germinate well? Or you didn't like the actual flowers?

Cindy~ I just didn't find them as full as I have previously grown them and some varieties I did not like at all. They looked like soldiers standing in the flower bed...Since I am new at gardening I thought I might ask what the zinnia "pros" use. Of the Burpee seeds I used last year, County Fair was the best. Some of the others were actually a bit unattractive. I am sure you will do great with the ones you have.(The color of the Tequila Lime seeds were a dull in my opinion; I won't buy those again) Good luck!

blomma

blomma
Wyoming, WY
(Zone 4a)

January 6, 2013
12:25 AM

Post #9376851

When I used to grow annuals, I bought Zinnia seeds from Walmart. etc without any problems. Walmart sells Burpee seeds. I now buy perennial seeds from stores and save shipping charges.

Most often if seeds don't come up, it is not the seeds but how they were sown.
tabasco
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH
(Zone 6a)

April 22, 2013
3:53 PM

Post #9493588

I like the Zinnias from Renee's Seeds.

I think she uses top suppliers and culls out the lesser quality seeds--I've had very good luck with the quality of the blooms compared to those of some of the other well know companies and she does designer color combinations, too.

If you have questions about her Zinnia seeds you can call them up and they are happy to answer in detail.

http://www.reneesgarden.com/seeds/seeds-hm/flowersT.htm#zin

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Perennials Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Campanula Wonder Bells Blue Gloriaglolms 37 Apr 11, 2009 4:28 PM
Oriental Poppy Pops! Weezingreens 34 Jun 27, 2010 6:36 AM
BLUE FLOWERS Lori_Illinois 62 May 4, 2010 4:09 PM
Triple Roadside/Ditch lily OhioBreezy 21 Jul 9, 2011 6:56 PM
what are you sorry you planted.. thehumblebumble 279 Aug 12, 2012 4:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America