Looking for...

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I have been looking for a source for the mesh liners for a round dehydrator. Does anyone know of a good source?

I find foods that work on the tray will fall thru when they shrink with drying time.
I also dry a lot of herbals and think the mesh liners would be better for the leafy herbs.

Hoping for sources ~ thanks.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 9a)

Aren't those liners ridiculously expensive!! There was a dehydrator review on Amazon that suggested going to an arts & crafts and getting plastic embroidery mesh and use that instead. That's exactly what I did. And they only cost 50 cents each. I cut the mesh to the size of the tray and had to use 2 of them per tray.

The price for 2 screens for my dehydrator is $10. The price for embroidery mesh for 2 trays was $2. Big difference!
Jo-Ann

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

I second the use of plastic embroidery sheets!

There's a thought, thanks. The only thing I'd be apprehensive about is if the embroidery mesh was food grade plastic. I would worry more because it is heated for an extensive period of time.

I actually wondered if parchment paper would work but guess it isn't vented so that wouldn't be a good idea either.

Coos Bay, OR(Zone 9a)

Could you poke holes with a needle in the parchment paper?

You know, I bet I could either poke holes or cut slits. That might work o.k. Thanks much...

By the way, I got excellent germination on the chervil and it is growing well. Thanks again! Kristi

Coos Bay, OR(Zone 9a)

Great! Hope you like it. Have you tried it yet?
Sue

Yes... I have only nibbled at it but love the delicate flavor.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.