Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: What's That Bug? Snowberry Clearwing, the Hummingbird Moth: Clearwing moths

Communities > Forums > Article: What's That Bug? Snowberry Clearwing, the Hummingbird Moth
bookmark
Forum: Article: What's That Bug? Snowberry Clearwing, the Hummingbird MothReplies: 1, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kmm44
Dayton, OH

November 29, 2012
6:03 AM

Post #9345255

The first time I saw some, several years ago, there were about 4 of them on my Trumpet Vine. They looked like mutant bees! I looked in my insect book, but didn't find any that looked just like them. I knew my son would know, but couldn't get him on the phone. I went to my near-by Audubon center to ask the naturalist and he told me what they were and my son later confirmed. That's when I learned that moths have fuzzy antennae and butterflies don't. Somehow, I had never known that. I've seen the moths several times since then and took a good pic of one on my false sunflowers 5 yrs ago. They are so cool!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 29, 2012
6:33 AM

Post #9345280

I'm always thrilled when they decide to visit...they're such cool moths!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: What's That Bug? Snowberry Clearwing, the Hummingbird Moth Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great article sallyg 4 Nov 26, 2012 10:06 AM
Ah ha! jazzy1okc 1 Nov 26, 2012 9:29 AM
Great pictures. redunicorn 3 Sep 11, 2013 1:15 PM
caterpillar stage worms4compost 1 Nov 27, 2012 12:02 PM
hummingbird moth pspiersy 1 Sep 11, 2013 12:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America