Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Organic Gardening: Is a Papaya GMO plant?

Communities > Forums > Organic Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Organic GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cissy48
North Westport, MA

November 30, 2012
3:37 AM

Post #9346009

My daughter recently informed me that it is. Does anyone have a complete list of all GMO food products? Thank you.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 30, 2012
7:09 AM

Post #9346126

Here are a few pages you may find helpful:
http://www.nongmoproject.org/learn-more/what-is-gmo/
http://www.healthy-eating-politics.com/genetically-modified-crops.html

One thing to clarify--even if a type of food can be GMO, it doesn't mean everything that's that type of food is GMO. There's GMO corn and non-GMO corn, etc. Smaller companies that make organic foods are likely to use the non-GMO sources. In the case of papayas, it's papayas from Hawaii that are at high risk of being GMO, so if you can find papayas that came from somewhere else they are likely to be OK.
back40bean
Decatur, GA
(Zone 7b)

November 30, 2012
8:17 AM

Post #9346172

Thanks for those links, ecrane3. I wish we had an ongoing thread concerning GMO's, although it might be just as well to insert information as questions arise in various forums so that the information will be seen by more of us. I will also try to learn more on my own, more as a consumer than a grower.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Organic Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Miracle Gro darius 70 May 14, 2013 6:35 AM
Not Gardening, but Organic information darius 14 Feb 20, 2008 9:10 PM
pumpkins & borers roseofkaren 25 Feb 24, 2008 8:39 PM
Brewer's grain vs. Alfalfa meal/pellets for amendments? tabasco 9 Nov 3, 2008 6:36 PM
Raised beds & soil-borne disease sfk 9 Apr 6, 2008 4:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America