December - final call for holiday projects

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

We came from here......................http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1287759/

Time to get moving to finish up any holioday projects.

Kayla is ready!!!!

This message was edited Dec 1, 2012 9:18 AM

Thumbnail by Qwilter
Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

CUUUUUUUUUTE!!

Im behind already thinking I had one more day in November. My project for December is to just make it thru. Im already loving peoples lights at night they have put up tho, thats for sure.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

OMG Jean - she is just the most adorable.....And that stocking and picture is a keeper that's for sure. What a sweetheart. Thanks for the DEC thread.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

OH Jean, that is so precious, and Kayla is beautiful!

I've told her parents I'll make a stocking big enuf for her to fit in the next couple years. They then asked who was going to fill it. Well, Santa of course!!!!

I bet she will still fit in the stocking next year.

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

beautiful baby beautiful bunting.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh, I want another little one like that...grandchild type! She is beautiful. Jean does her hair have a red tinge in color?

Love the personalization!!

Brown hair but a slight hint of red in the right lighting.

Everything is covered in snow!!!!! What is up with that??? I'm ready to go back to FL weather.

Ah, suppose to get to 79 today. Kim and I are planning on attending a horse show this afternoon. One of her students (and close friend) is jumping her new horse from Argentina and she has already called to make sure we are coming. Will enjoy the sunshine for you Jean. :-)

Of course, it would be nice to see a nice clean fresh blanket of snow...but not to stay in it for very long.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Going to the horse show sounds like FUN!! I can only imagine how it would be to have a new horse from ARGENTINA! SEND pictures!!!

This is just a dusting Jean - it will be gone tomorrow!!!! I want to go to the horse show too!!!!

It was a great afternoon and Taylor did herself proud for first time showing: 1st place and a 3rd place ribbon. Will have to look for some pictures as I didn't take my camera.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

AWWWWWW ^_^

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

Had a friend over today to play with me in the craft room. I taught her how to do a spicy spiral table runner while I finished a lap quilt for the local nursing home. Very productive and wonderful afternoon catching up with an old friend. :)

Thumbnail by lanakila
(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

Kayla............. how adorable is that?!?!?!?! She's so sweet as a Christmas stocking filler for her parents!!
Lanakila - that is so very, very, very nice - love it!

Victoria Harbour, ON

What a pretty and bright piece..

Was in Buffalo today, coming out of a side street that I always travel, my SIL asked how like the quilt store across the street, quilt store??? How to heck did I ever miss it? Great prices, unique quilting toys..was exhausted, bought a few things.but saw more " I'd love that, I'd love this"

When I got to Barrie and dropped Linda off, told her she forgot a bag..she said the bag was for me..yikes it was a floor pad to stop the speed regulator from roaming all over the floor, the " twister" template I had looked for at 2 Joann's and a lovely pattern for Christmas tree hanging (project for next year, how exciting is that..now is that why I'm wide awake after a trying 2 days?? Anxious to try the 'twister' Christmas wreath??

Go to sleep Betty!!

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

how very nice of Linda!!
Glad you enjoyed yourself, Betty

What a nice holiday surprise!!!!

Cher and I are meeting up with Jean tomorrow while she is here in New England!! I'm hoping she has pictures of Kayla for us to oooh and aaah over!!! And I'm hoping the weather warms up a bit for her!!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Am sure you will have a fantastic time Barb..yep, sure you will visit a fabric shop or 2..regardless of the weather it will be a sunshine day!!

Ohh and Ahh for us as well

Need another sewing project? Will share..lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Now I feel like "pond scum". All the pics are on line or on Brian's phone. I have an "antique" flip phone so no pics.

I'm waiting to see some sunshine today. So far just dreary.

Some great gift surprises there!!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Jean, you will never be "pond scum", now stop that. My heart is melted from the stocking photo and I don't even share the holiday. lol

Lanikila, I second the vote on the colors in your photo. Very WOW!

Betty, I need a vacation just reading your posts. That said, I'm usually reading them at ridiculous thirty in the morning.

Barb, I hope you have as much fun with your visit as my recent visit with Jean. Looking forward to you sharing the day and activities. Jean and I went out to lunch and orchid shopping with DG friends. Some of you have asked me to share photos of my orchids when I post on that forum. I posted several today starting here. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=9347867

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Lovin the orchids. Very healthy and happy looking.

You will have to join us next time around.

I saw the prettiest dark blue orchid at Home Depot yesterday, I almost bought it till I saw the $40.00 price tag!

GASP!! Of course I am just not a sucker for Orchids so it would be fairly easy for me to pass it up.

Just beautiful!!!!

Linda Kay - those Orchids are dyed. Even if they would ever rebloom, they would not be blooming that Exotic color. Same with the green ones out there now. SO good thing you did not waste your $$$$.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Off to aerobics to get charged up then back to sewing bean bags. 7 more outer bags to go.

Thought you might give a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln01p1M2cH0

Leaving in a little while to meet up with Cher and Jean (Qwilter). Glad it is a good driving day!!!

Have a great time Barb( as if you wouldn't). Jealous here.

Thanks for the info on the orchids Jean, I did not know they were dyed!

You ladies have a great visit today, give hugs from us please?

Lucky you Barb. I am sure it will be great fun meeting up with Cher and Jean.

Pat, that makes 2 of us.......I loved seeing the orchids in Costa Rica but am not one for having one at home. I think I am just a plain ole basic girl who loves impatiens. Yeap, they do wonders for me......little work for mass rewards with all this shade. ;-)

need to get on with my days chores....will check in later.

We MUST plan a FL get together for early 2013.

I used to collect African Violets. Had great success with them. Was foever starting new ones & giving babies away. Then, for no known reason they stopped doing well. I'm now down to just a few. In the mean time I brought an Orchid home. Now I have a few and am always thrilled when they bloom. And I'm learning which I'm "good at" and which ones I need to leave at the store/greenhouse.

I grew African Violets also Jean but like you they just stopped doing really well. Haven't gotten any since I moved so might have to think about those again.

INDEED, we need and early 2013 get together!!!!!!! Need to chart everyone's location then maybe we can find a central point to me....preferable with quilt shops!!!

I'm with you Marion, I love impatiens, especially red ones. I planted them every spring along the shady side of my house downstate. They always grew so well there, in great profusion. People were always asking me how I got them that way. We had a free source for very nice leaf mulch, We dug out the area between the sidewalk and house (about 12 ") and filled with the mulch. They were most happy there as long as they were watered every day.

Yes, those unnatural colors are concentrated dyes that are injected into the bloom stem. I have been growing orchids, on and off, since childhood when I grew up in S. FL. and have well over two hundred currently. That's after I pared down this Fall. They take up a fair amount of time but give great pleasure, especially the ones coming from habitats that are being destroyed.

I posted a variety of orchids that come after the link attached if anyone is interested, thinking you'd be able to follow the other photos after that link, but no. There is a Vanda shown that comes as close to blue as orchids get. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1289528/#new If you go to Dec. 2 you will see a few of my bloomers.

Beautiful blooms on this orchids! I would not even begin to know how to care for them.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I used to grow orchids in Tampa, tried them here, and without a greenhouse its just nothing but frustration. Thats when I moved to daylilies and hybridizing them. Gives me something to look forward to every spring. Altho blue is not to be found in the flower world, it has gotten very close in daylilies. Just in the eyes tho, not the petals yet. Plumbago is still about as close as I think most things get.
Love the impatients too. Gainesville is so shaded with all the trees, its one of the only ways to get color.

I sent my wonky blocks out a week ago, I sure hope my team leader got them. Jean did 40, embarrassed to say 10 was all I could manage and in less than two weeks, that was major for me. Thats alot of darned squaring up and picking different fabric, and Thanksgiving was in the middle of everything.

The nine blocks I sent out first and the one I found that I had left out ;-O.
At least I started cleaning right away and found it the same day. Gave me a chance to make a label tho, as I found three markers.

Thumbnail by gardenglory Thumbnail by gardenglory

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.