Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: December 2012- Where's the snow???

Communities > Forums > Central Midwest Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Central Midwest GardeningReplies: 134, Views: 841
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 1, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9347174

It's almost 70 degrees as I type this and coats are still hanging up. I'm supposed to be shivering, not walking around in shirt sleeves!! lol

Here is my non-spider picture. lol. Oak leaves changing colors this fall.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Click the image for an enlarged view.

KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 1, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #9347177

Not here!!!! 75 and sunny!!!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 1, 2012
5:55 PM

Post #9347212

Thanks pepper for the new thread and thanks for not using a spider pic! Yes, it is unbelievably nice out.

Oh, nice there eh Kay?! As I recall, your from this area! Nice to see you again. We aren't forgetting our roots, that's good!

Here's what happens when a cat gets too friendly with a SpiderPlant..lol It was losing a few too many babies!

Here is my Swamp White Oak (Q. bicolor) leaves. - But, I don't expect the mature tree to look like that, seedlings I hear can look different and better.

Where'd that happgarden go?!

Thumbnail by shortleaf   Thumbnail by shortleaf   Thumbnail by shortleaf      
Click an image for an enlarged view.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 1, 2012
6:00 PM

Post #9347214

Nice pics and some fun with a few threads there!! lol Weather keeps on like this and MO will be live oak country!!?lol
The only thing is them there long hot summers that come with with that !!!
60'S HERE !!!! MILD
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 1, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #9347221

I can usually handle the cold better than the heat. And I would love an excuse to drag my nephew over to go sledding. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen!!
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 1, 2012
6:11 PM

Post #9347222

I have extended an open invitation to my KC Friends to come and see for themselves - yep, it's nice here, and memories of 'where I came from' keep me living here! LOL

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 1, 2012
6:29 PM

Post #9347232

oooooooooohhhhhh!!!! there Kay ,, noooo fair!!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 1, 2012
6:45 PM

Post #9347244

Well, one good thing about LiveOaks here, they wouldn't be blown down by hurricanes or have their roots submerged in saltwater from flooding! My guess is they'd be okay with the heat!

I remember going sledding as a kid. We went to this really hilly area where the streets were like 45 and we'd get going about 60mph on our sled! It's by the Lake City shooting range (in Blue Springs, MO.) if you wanna try it.

Wow, thanks for the Florida offer. I'll visit Florida someday, it'll be on my list of things to do, it's a beautiful state I hear! Are you offering to put all these Kansas Citians up in your house?! I've seen a few Kansas Citians before, if you take them in, they might relieve you of your stuff, like your computer, your tv and your couch! lol Just remember not to let them stay past 29 days or they have squatter's rights!
Yes, no fair though, that's like shorts weather everyday!
Will
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 2, 2012
5:54 AM

Post #9347426

Will, they can stay on the beach - lots of people do! We have people camped out in the wooded areas - hotels abound - ya, we can accommodate lots of folks - we're a big state!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 2, 2012
11:24 AM

Post #9347730

I'd stay on the beach or camp in the woods, I read the Wikipedia article on Panama City Beach, it must be a beautiful place. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_City_Beach,_Florida
The Emerald Coast! Boy, it must be nice there! - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_Coast Hey, instead of the white snow you have white sand!
I was just joking about Kansas City people stealing stuff, Kansas City folks is fine people, I know I am one of them!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 2, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #9348029

I was out today tooling around. I went to that sledding spot that I went to as a kid and it's still there. Ok, it isn't quite as steep as I said but it's still steep!
It's not that much traveled by cars, I think one car went by when I was stopped on the side of the road. When it's snow covered, I'd think it would be impassable by most cars.
Anyway, here's photos from both ends of a hill. There is about 3 of those hills one right after the other, if one wanted to go one right after the other one on their sled.
It is Argo Rd. in Blue Springs, Mo., Lake City shooting range is on the same road, William Landahl park is all around the area.
In the first photo you can see where I was parked in the second photo, (on the hill, with the bicyclist, before the very top). That "blind drive" can be seen in the first photo, on the left.

Thumbnail by shortleaf   Thumbnail by shortleaf         

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 2, 2012
5:23 PM

Post #9348047

Weeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! A hill!!! I don't really know where the snow is ,but it can stay wherever it is ,..LOL A few more decades and I will begin to miss it though? Hmmm
It was in the 60's here today rain drizzle ,but I "snuck" (is that a word?) away and played! OH well...
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 4, 2012
5:59 PM

Post #9349977

Yes! Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Okay, where'd people go?! I thought snuck was a word, heck, I think prolly is a word and thot and ain't!!
I don't really like snow when I am shoveling it or trying to get my car out of the driveway or a ditch!! But, it can be fun to drive in if you have 4wd!
Boy, some of my plants out there are hanging on for the season! Like my Butterfly Bush and my Hall's Honeysuckle climber. - They are just as green as ever!
Here's a couple of Dwarf Alberta Spruces that didn't make it thru the Summer this year. -
I'll be hoping like crazy that this nice Dissected Weeping Japanese Maple comes back next Spring. - I have only myself to blame if it and they don't as I just wrongly assumed at the time that they didn't need supplemental water!
Will

This message was edited Dec 5, 2012 3:01 AM

Thumbnail by shortleaf   Thumbnail by shortleaf   Thumbnail by shortleaf   Thumbnail by shortleaf   Thumbnail by shortleaf

KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 4, 2012
6:12 PM

Post #9349993

Will, your Japanese Maple sure looks better than my two - the leaf tips on mine are scorched because I planted them in all-morning sun, not remembering that our sun is much more intense here than in Missouri. The ones I had in Missouri were gorgeous!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 4, 2012
6:25 PM

Post #9350008

At first I thought about asking if it was you on the bicycle , and if you liked that climb , If that bicycle climbed that hill ,wow that person can ride.!!
Spruces aren't looking to good there , your right. they might return though, it takes a long time when that happens to evergreens though.
I would think your about at zone limits for the spruce only that Japanese maple should of taken the weather with no problem.
My variegated butterfly bush ,that almost died this spring is still green and growing go,figure huh? Planted a few flowers and dug a few holes for post and trellis next spring during these 70 temps the past few days.There must be 1,000's of Cutleaf Coneflowers sprouting everywhere.about an inch tall, gonna have to weed out most of them babies.I must have a hundred plants besides all the roots and babies.
When I get the camera back in use I will try a few pics of the spider plant ,the seedlings , and things lol.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 4, 2012
6:45 PM

Post #9350038

My roses are still green. I'm suprised they aren't still blooming.
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 4, 2012
8:28 PM

Post #9350125

Thanks Kay, but up close the Japanese Maple doesn't look so good! I'll post a few photos that I took of it yesterday. - Oh, I know, those trees are just really pretty especially that bright red in the Fall. It's one money tree that I would recommend, though I didn't buy this one, it's still a beautiful grafted tree. If mine looks better than your two, Kay, yours aren't doing too good! If this one doesn't get buds or anything this Spring, I may be sleeping in the woods! I'm just attempting humor again! My friend is upset over it, especially if it's really dead but she wouldn't evict me or anything, that tree cost $150 in 2007 even! Those leaves in the photo should be long gone now but about August they died and dried up and are stuck to it now.
Here's a photo of better times. -
Will

This message was edited Dec 5, 2012 2:11 AM

Thumbnail by shortleaf   Thumbnail by shortleaf   Thumbnail by shortleaf   Thumbnail by shortleaf   Thumbnail by shortleaf

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 4, 2012
8:28 PM

Post #9350126

Hehe.. me on the bicycle?! Then who'd take the other photo?! That must be why you didn't ask! : ) Dear, the tool tools alone!! I don't think that bicyclist actually climbed that hill, I think he/she was up there just looking down, I believe he/she came from the other way, I'd be intimidated by that hill too! But, the other way has hills too, just not as steep. No, the Spruces aren't doing too good, I believe those Spruces are dead, I'll be surprised if they get any green in the Spring. I've seen a few dead Spruces before, when they lose ALL the foliage I believe that's it, we'll see, I'm not removing them yet just in case of something miraculous.

Yeah, the upper zone doesn't go too high on Spruces maybe zone 6 or 7, even at my 6a, they likely weren't made for the extraordinarily dry, hot Summer we had here this year, where I think we went without significant rain for 70 something days. Here's what Ehow says about them and their hardiness. It's funny, the one Dwarf Alberta Spruce that's left was a Living Christmas Tree but I also watered the snot out of it as well. - http://www.ehow.com/how_8748374_plant-dwarf-alberta-spruce.html
This Colorado Blue Spruce 'Globosa' lost some foliage as well, luckily, not a whole lot, I watered the snot out of it this Summer! -

I hope my hundreds of what looks like little Purple Coneflower seedlings are really Purple Coneflower seedlings. I just stuck the dried seedheads (dried flowers) in pots of soil and little seedlings popped up all around them, so I'm hoping they're Purple Coneflowers.

My Rose Tree is still in leaf too, it was just blooming up until about a week ago! My Rose bush from happ is still leafy too.
Will

This message was edited Dec 5, 2012 2:25 AM

Thumbnail by shortleaf

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 5, 2012
4:55 AM

Post #9350237

Will,
I've tried photographing lights and they don't turn out too good. I haven;'t tried with the Canon yet tho. Just the Kodack point and shoot.

Pepper,
Laughing! I was waiting to see what picture you would use. Very pretty! Thanks for the new thread. Maybe I'll be able to find time to use this one, LOL!

Kay,
Beautiful, perfect weather, altho I'm with Pepper. I am ready for snow!

Will,
We see a spider anyway, LOL! Yep, too tempting for the cat. (Poor cat, wonders what happened :o)
LOVE the oak!!

Ju,
You said it. It has been tooo warm here too, for it's own good.

Pepper,
I'll bet your energetic nephew would jump at the chance to come over and play!

Kay,
On the really cold days,
I really miss the warmth, but that's our reward for suffering thru winter.

Oh Will,
Sledding memories!! Totally understnd about the steepness :o)
AWESOME picture!!! That is some hill!!

Ju,
Snuck, sneaked, never sure which is right and don't care, LOL!

Will,
Watering was key here this summer and I think also next year if we dopn't get any rain or snow.
Around here, the Colorado Blue Spruce is having die back from the lower branches up. I guess there is no cure. One neighbor has been cutting her's back and another is going to take one full grown ttree out althogether. I hope my sport, Fat Albert is spared. We are going to trim the branches laying on the ground next year just in case it's a problem. It will also give the tree a better shape.

Well, our warm days are turning colder and I'm back to thinking Christmas and cookies. We did the last of the shopping yesterday in Cedar Rapids and drove the scenic route home. We went thru the Amanas, where Dger Larry Rettig lives, and past Homestead, Ashton Kutcher's town. Charlie worked with his Mom at Proctor and Gamble till he made it big on the 70's show :o)

Today, I think I better wrap, and we need to put up the command hooks for the stockings. I'm still going thru boxes and decorating :o)

Have a wonderful day!!

Me and a timber tree two miles east of town. Just a little farther up, is where my Grandparents lived, and altho this isn't her timber, it runs behind her old house. They used to run the cows up in the summer. Now there is just deer in there. And poison ivy and oak :o(

Thumbnail by billyporter

KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 5, 2012
4:58 AM

Post #9350238

Ohhhhhhh, I grew up in Illinois - I know about those COLD and wet winters - I'll keep my WARM weather! It's going to be 75 today - LOVE IT!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 5, 2012
4:01 PM

Post #9350770

Yes, those leaves up there kinda DO resemble spiders now that I look at them! Oh dear! Now I'll never rake again!

Nice photo of you standing by that tree, Sally, that is a pretty big tree, I'd say it's been there for awhile.

It got near 75 yesterday, they said on the news our high was 74, but that was probably for only 20 minutes and it only got to 63 today, but tolerable and unusual for December!
But, the weather all the time in Florida can't really be beat.

Oh, I learned my lesson about watering this Summer, water everything! lol

I just love the commercial for Command Hooks by 3M! They show them expressly supporting Christmas stockings! They ARE a good idea! You know, they stole that idea from me!
Just kidding there! lol

So "Charlie" must be Kutcher's real name. I think Charlie has done pretty well for himself!

Will

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 5, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9350927

That old tree a Hickory maybe ,Hi ya billy!!! I will to see about the tv show , although I remember the name and the company well. Evergreens around here are suffering from die back also. (boo) We do not have many trees around here that size!! That is a big old tree for sure! wish I had one...cute little girl in the picture too !!(giggle , chuckle)

Sunny,; pretty fall going on all together ,things are kind off interesting lately.

I was born in Illinois, sometime since I was there.(the fighting Illini(GRRRRR).Odd how that came to mind?

The only kind of hooks I know about are crochet and hangers in the garage (nifty hooks) Oh yeah, fishing hooks .LOL
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 5, 2012
7:56 PM

Post #9350965

My guess would be White Mulberry (Morus alba), there was a Mulberry at my Grandparents' that looked kinda like billyp's tree, yes she IS cute isn't she?! I went to Illinois once, to visit my friend Guy and his wife. It was a nice trip but my freaking starter went out in Illinois, I couldn't turn my car off the whole time or it wouldn't start back up! That tree is shaggy like a Shagbark Hickory or a Shellbark Hickory but I never knew a Hickory to get that thick in the trunk.

I dug up this old photo of a White Mulberry. -

Thumbnail by shortleaf

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
2:42 PM

Post #9351575

We have white mulberry trees ,"lots of em round these parts"

Cat saying okay it's Christmas time and your out of your tree

Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7      

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
3:15 PM

Post #9351598

More plants and presents!!lol I am testing a vivitar! uh'oh!

Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
3:19 PM

Post #9351603

Not any better am I ?

Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
3:25 PM

Post #9351607

Oh, lots of em eh?! The ones with mulberries on them are nice. I think most people think of them as a weed though, they'll grow anywhere. They aren't native, they came from China. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morus_alba

Christmas time for the kitty eh?! My friend gives her cats tuna on holidays and special occasions.
Hey look, I fancied up my copper firebowl ($100 mind you) today!! -

Cool juhur, what's in the bag?! I'm calling the cops! Just kidding, is that the SpiderPlant in the second photo?!
Will

This message was edited Dec 6, 2012 5:28 PM

Thumbnail by shortleaf

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
3:34 PM

Post #9351615

All right !! marshmallows and hot dogs after dinner??? That's the way everything except the house plants is looking around here, coppery through rust brown , Something you will have to keep that from turning green, that's different??lol

My photo op skills are horrible , I bet I was better in kindergarten with a brownie box cam!! It is good for a laugh though, all in good fun! At least the plants are green !!!!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
3:47 PM

Post #9351624

Least I forget flowers ,daylily seed sprouts and a few in the bags,no weed or reefer here ,sorry!heh heh...

"Grandma doesn't allow no weed smokin round here!!!" next verse ,same as the first..

The spider plant saying hi papa ,hi mama, I remember you ,,, tee hee

Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7         

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
4:01 PM

Post #9351637

Only pic that was any good of seed sprout of daylily. grandma's opinion of the pics

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
4:23 PM

Post #9351650

Glad to see the SpiderPlant is still green! Who is the person with the trash cans?
Ack!! Weeds like Crabgrass and Dandelions, I wouldn't smoke them either!! lol
Sure hotdogs and marshmallows (s'mores) in my firebowl, thanks, good idea! How do you clean copper anyway? I need to clean that thing bad, I want to make it shine like a new dime!
Did I say it cost a hundred dollars?!
You made a brownie box camera? I don't think I could make that! I'd try it though, just to eat the brownies!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
4:27 PM

Post #9351654

That's Grandma!!!! Nora Mae

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
4:38 PM

Post #9351661

I forgot,,, a wire wheel and a drill, a soft wire not steel. A steel wire will tear your copper most probably, you need a soft wire like the copper wire brushes I use to clean things with, I also sometimes use a Moto tool size copper wheel on the drill to clean things with(soft metals) .
If you use a polish ,and it is really best not to because of toxins and if you do not get the polish all back off or just right it re-rusts the metal and is harder to clean the first time.(messy too ).
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
4:48 PM

Post #9351669

Thanks, that's alot of work! On second thot, maybe I shouldn't shine it all up or copper thieves might steal it! Sweetie, copper don't rust, I wouldn't have asked a sister and BIL to get it for me for Christmas years ago if it was just old metal! : ) We got some Brasso maybe I'll shine it up some with that when I'm done with the manual labor part. I got a drill though, I got some wire wheels that might work. I'd like to make it shine but I don't want it to get stolen either!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
4:55 PM

Post #9351673

I know how you feel about that pit Will. I have a birdhouse that has a copper roof on it. Still in the house due to the fact we don't trust anyone to not come into the yard and steal it. I got it cheap and it's a gorgeous and well made house but can't display it due to copper. Kind of a shame but I still look at it when I can. lol

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
5:09 PM

Post #9351684

I realize copper doesn't rust but it does tarnish and it will pit was my meaning, I use Brasso on my tank fittings and if you don't get it the way it is suppose to be done rust grows on the polish when the mineral content changes and that can "pit" the metal.
I had a copper bird house years ago ,it disappeared during a move hmmm.

Basic metal restore kit ,might be worth looking into . You know the can that turns rust or tarnish back into metal or maybe TARN-X.
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
5:29 PM

Post #9351702

Hehe.. I was just hassling you, ju! : ) Your a good sport!
It's just a shame, I agree, pepper, you can't put a birdhouse out for fear somebody will steal it buy a fingernail full of crack or something!
Your copper birdhouse mighta been involved in some funny business, ju!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
6:34 PM

Post #9351788

You too !!! SLF !! I really think that copper pit is a neat ,nifty ,item!!! My reference to old metal wasn't meant to imply anything about the copper pit,
We use to have a iron cauldron that disappeared about the same time as that birdhouse , You see those around from time to time at auctions (the iron pots) .
I have a leaded pressure cooker made fro early pot type metal hardened to take cooking, about the 40's to 50's when those were made. You could use it still to can but not cook because of the lead , (looks like thick heavy aluminium) you have seen them i'm sure. Antique item auctions or fairs are a real GAS!!!! LOTS OF FUN!!!!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
6:54 PM

Post #9351807

Hehe! I know, juhur, it's all good, your my best friend, all you guys are my best friends! There is people that recycle much metal too. There is a guy down the street who recycles metal for a living he says. I see him all the time going down the street with washers and stuff in his truck. I've given him a lot of metal. The last thing I gave him the other day was part of an old Kirby vacuum cleaner that had a bunch of metal on it. My friend said she's got about $30 to $50 per filling in her mouth, I tease her that I'm going to pull her teeth out with pliers in her sleep when her mouth is open! Remember my old Little Red Radio Flyer Wagon that I had full of flowers? It was shot so I put it out for the trash, the metal man down the street picked it up and threw it in the back of his truck!
I have wanted to share this really colorful photo for a while!
Will

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
6:59 PM

Post #9351815

It did it again, I've been duped but here it is. -

Thumbnail by shortleaf

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9351824

We also scrap metal. Good way to make some extra metal.
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 8, 2012
10:41 PM

Post #9353405

You see that in rural areas where people recycle metal for the neighbors and everybody around there as a sort of home business or maybe some extra money.
I imagine they don't give their customers the full amount that the metal recyclers pay so they can make it worth their time and effort to do it, (and gas). It's not a bad idea, I'd probably do it too if
I was in a rural area, and had a truck and probably a good sized trailer.

Has anyone ever tried to propagate a Weeping Fig? I got a variegated Weeping Fig (Ficus benjamina 'varigata') and when it gets a little bigger I thought I'd try that. It's a nice plant and I want to make more of them. Here is mine, it's still got the tin-foil and landscaping staples in it to discourage cats from getting in it is the idea. -

Where is that former Missourian Florida lady, KayJones?
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 13, 2012
3:53 AM

Post #9357023

33/48/26
Plentiful sunshine. High 48F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph.

Will,
I'm sure it's a very old tree :o)
Charlie is my husbands name, LOL!

Ju,
It could be a hickory. There used to be a lot around these parts, but many got flooded out years ago. Mom used to crack them and we would help pick them up when we were kids.
Smile, that cute girl sure is getting old :o)

Will, Similar bark. We're going to check it next spring, when it gets leaves.

Ju,
Love the cat and we found a Christmas tree yesterday. It's all set up. Now we need to put lights on it. I think I'll go ahead and put on the ornaments I don't want the boys to do. We get them tomorrow.
Vivitar camera? That was my first real camera when I was 18. It lasted many many many years and was a good one.
The pictures are blurry, but we cvan still appreciate them :o)

Will,
Love the firebowl!

Ju,
ROTFLLL over the next post and love the wastebaskets!!

Pepper,
I wonder if we have the same copper top wren house? Mine hangs high in the tree so only I know it's there. I love shiny copper!

Will,
That is a beautiful dew drop picture!!

My Dad scraps too, and takes those appliances apart to get the copper wiring. That ands aluminum pays pretty good. Scrap prices go up and down. Right now they're up.

Have a sunny day everyone! We finally get one!

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 13, 2012
4:57 PM

Post #9357609

Mine looks homemade and is shaped like a gazebo if I remember right. Painted white.

Steel is really good too. We get alot of that from vehicles we buy for parts.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 14, 2012
5:31 AM

Post #9357891

We need Christmas Trees, go here;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1290910/
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 14, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9357909

That tree looks old in your photo up there, billyp. Really, it could be a Hickory, I am only guessing it's a Mulberry, it could even be a Silver Maple too! I don't think I've ever been right about guessing what a tree or something is! lol
I had a friend growing up named Charlie, some people called him Chuck but I called him Charlie. Poor Charlies, they get all the "sorry, Charlie and Charlie Brown" jokes.
I took my friend to work this morning, she said her knee hurt today.
Thanks Sally, I always liked that raindrop photo, I hope it's not photoshopped but who knows, it probably is, a bunch of stuff is. I saw a photoshopped Gucci ad the other day where the model lady had a third leg coming out of her Gucci bag.
Been unusually warm and sunny here. Since Walmart people have been relieving me of my sunglasses, I've been wearing these leftover senior citizen sunglasses, you know the ones for "sensitive eyes" or whatever. Anyway, they are like welding glasses during the daytime, even if the sun is out full blast like lately I'm not even squinting with these on. I wait until I get a couple blocks from home before I put them on, I don't really want neighbors or anybody to see me wearing them! I can't see the speedometer or the gauges with them on, but I never speed or anything anyway. It's been a high of around 60 the last 2 days, I can even water my big SpiderPlant outside when it can drain water all over the porch then I bring it right back in.
Hey, I'm about to put a one hundred plus year old book on Ebay for sale, anybody want to place a bid? I'm only listing it for two thousand dollars or so! Maybe a wealthy doctor will buy it!
It's similar to this one. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Principles-and-Practice-of-Medicine-Osler-William-MD-/330843266848?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item4d07cb9f20
Nice tree and presents there Bernie! Is that snow out the window?!
Will

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 14, 2012
7:52 AM

Post #9357993

We also have a live blue spruce here;

Hey!! Dancing Snoopy dogs !!!lol Think of the Charlie Brown theme music.
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 14, 2012
9:34 PM

Post #9358674

I'd string up some of those outdoor lights on that thing if you haven't already, let's see a photo of it, juhur!
The terrible heat this Summer gave my Blue Spruce 'Globosa' the blues I'm pretty sure. It's too small and odd shaped to hang lights on anyway.
Kinda like me! I'm small and odd shaped but I'm still alive! lol

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 15, 2012
12:32 PM

Post #9359122

Cold, windy, rainy, here today.. This is from the property line I doubt the neighbors are thrilled with me picturing their property. the spruce is ours though
No lights not since three years ago. Couldn't do self pics yet, and as all have gotten older around here a nobody likes the camera pics anymore. Bigger than it looks, the only plant that really grew this year about five or six feet this grew this year. It gets thinner at the top and is half as tall as the roof once you are up there, only I am not going up on the roof to pic the top of it.

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 15, 2012
3:13 PM

Post #9359263

Nice Colorado Blue Spruce there, juhur. Your not going up on the roof for a pic?! All you need is a ladder! I don't like going on the roof either. It's not really a fear of heights, it's more a fear of falling! I can trip over cracks!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 15, 2012
4:22 PM

Post #9359304

Yes and those little rough shingle crystals from fiberglass ,pipes, bumps. and of course the sudden excitement of falling , then all those crazy bounces to the quick stops.
This is a happy remembrance time of year ,so i will do without that as a memory!!lol
That poor little spruce when I came here was one of those little seedling or gift starts given to grandma (all of what?6 or 8 inches tall) Then at about three feet it was broken by the kids swinging around it. Then it double crowned and had to be trimmed.(run over by an automobile lawn job)
Thank you for enjoying it , it has had the times!!
Agreeing that it looks good is a great pleasure after all that ,three or four years ago I decorated it and prayed over it for holiday season, will again when times are better...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 15, 2012
4:44 PM

Post #9359314

I need to take a pic of our tree but either keep forgetting or am too busy running around. lol. I will try tomorrow.
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 15, 2012

Post #9359353

Glad to hear your Colorado Blue Spruce is still around after all that, juhur!

How about a little Living Christmas Tree from years ago!? I got a pic of an embattled SpiderPlant too! I'm afraid I can't keep it away from a certain cat that has fancied it a cat toy! It's okay tho, I don't scold the cat or even try to stop it from swinging at it or anything, it's having a good time I guess! The SpiderPlant will regrow what it lost and then some I'm sure! I had to get a photo of the most recent carnage! Here is the same photo in a link to my Comcast web-space, it is actual sized there, it shows how much they are resized at DG. I'm not complaining, if the originals were uploaded here it would take up a ton more space and likely would mean more money, not to mention they'd take forever to load for some with slower connections.
Here's the Comcast link. - http://home.comcast.net/~metalglove/pwpimages/centralmidwestdavesgarden/100_8057.JPG

Here is that Living Christmas Tree, it was getting potted up, it was small and quite potbound! -
Will

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 15, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #9359425

I see the spider has learned how to walk... That little electrocution processor sitting on the table would't have anything to do with that would it? zap -crackle goes the static in the air!!!lol

Couple of seedling pics ONE is a hybrid with a good family tree roots!!LOL

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 15, 2012

Post #9359464

Nice seedlings there. Are those jars turned upside down for seedlings?

Actually, I take that device to shopping malls at Christmas times and when I'm in a crowded spot with people I start shocking people, they never know who zapped them but it makes their hair stand up, it's funny, and they don't want to buy what I'm after too!
Really, I think that's the base to that black thing that holds remotes and pens and stuff.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 15, 2012
7:22 PM

Post #9359490

Zap,Ziz, scream!!!ROFL!!!!!

Water bottles and bags ?
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2012
7:47 PM

Post #9360287

Yep, that'll learn them to go after the same dollie that I'm buying my nephew for Christmas!! That was just a lame joke! My nephew is on the football team for Texas Tech, I'm sure he could stomp me if he wanted!!

Ok, where'd everybody go again? I bet there is some orchid blooms out there! Anybody have one they can share? This time last year we had an awesome pink one that lasted for months!
That was it by the lamp last year. -

Does anybody else hear a faint squeaking-door-opening sound when maybe they are logged onto Davesgarden? This is the first time I've only had DG logged onto and Yahoo (not logged in it right now for my email). I didn't really know which site it was because I usually have so much stuff open but now I think it might be DG.
Will

This message was edited Dec 16, 2012 9:54 PM

Thumbnail by shortleaf

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2012
8:07 PM

Post #9360302

Cute picture makes ya feel "homie" like .. I saw some orchids last night someplace ,... I have the sound turned down on my system only I bet it is your computer doing that as part of the web browsing sound effects,, There all doing things similar these days...
It might be here though because a barn door with a moo use to happen on my Dell with the up to date drivers...

Spiders and Jews for Christmas with coronation Roses or Carnations between ,, "Light" matter of facts

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2012
8:25 PM

Post #9360310

I tell you, that sound is driving me nuts! I hafta find out what it is!
Boy, the SpiderPlant in that photo right above has really grown alot since, that's it now that the cat eats on, you can see it a few posts up in the brown basket!
You want me to mail you a couple of striped Wandering Jew cuttings, juhur? It'll be my Christmas present to you!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2012
8:37 PM

Post #9360311

I am always up for a new plant ,when you asked that before I was hesitant ,only I will find room for it. What would you like in return?There is not a lot around here right at the moment..Maybe a couple of little hybrid daylilies sometime in the spring , I have you in my notes for several plants when they get growing well enough

The sound doing that ;;about all you can do is turn your volume down when you open back up when close.

I was reading where High Country Gardens went out of business , xeriscaping and mountain or alpine plant company it was ,, that is a shame...
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2012
8:59 PM

Post #9360317

Ok, it's a deal, I'll send you some of those striped Wandering Jew cuttings! I don't think it's quite too cold yet, we'll see. In the case it's too cold, I can wait until it's forecast to stay warm enuff for a few days, they are cold hardy to 20 or so. - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/596/ Sure, in the Spring I'd love to have those, only if you can spare them, my big Wandering Jew that I'll get these cuttings from grows like a house a fire! I've got a pretty recent photo of it from when I sent cuttings from it to a friend in North Carolina. -
The sound is coming from inside inside the computer, it isn't coming from my actual computer speakers. I can't turn them down or off because I listen to Christmas music and regular music from the internet. I'll just live with the sounds if I must, there is worse things I'm sure! lol

Thumbnail by shortleaf

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2012
9:14 PM

Post #9360322

It might be better to wait ,the thing is when it gets cold here again in a few days it might be a couple months before it warms back up again. .All things in good time ;;; So far it looks like lots of those flowers (Daylily) and I won't know for sure what they will look like when they bloom though.
I imagine your friend in Carolina was delighted with that plant, I remember seeing them in every color, green ,red, even a yellow stripe variety They were really popular back a time ago.. Still a nice plant.
I found what seems to be a really useful plant formula when I am sure of it, I will probably be talking more about it ,nothing on earth like a good recipe..Especially those you have invented or found out for yourself!!! F...U...N... See ya later..snooze time lol
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 17, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #9360558

Hi all, I am not even going to try to catch up with all I have missed. Hope everyone is having a great holiday or getting ready.

There warm days in my solar room are causing me to need to water several times a week. Sadly I have not been doing that so things are looking a little poorly...

No orchid blooms here, have a few orchids but not blooms, have some Christmas cactus blooming.

I was sick for 2 weeks with the flu, it was all I could do to go to work come home and go to bed (couldn't stay home because I was subbing for someone else who was on vacation)...still not quite over it, a million times better but not quite normal for me. DH was so sweet he went out a bought a real Christmas tree this year, one of the soft pine needled one. Finally go lights on it last night, had to go buy some because my other lights are all wrapped around the phony tree...rofl.

Way behind in Christmas stuff since I was sick.

I had a beautiful blue spruce but last year was so tough on it, I am not sure it will pull thru, lost some needles and just doesn't look well. I started watering it during the summer, but still doesn't look well.

Juhur what a pretty kitty cat, I have 3 now, mine all black, my sisters cat, and now my Moms cat that is a 1000 years old I think...rofl. The garden room has turned into the cat house...rofl.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 17, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9361027

I'm still here, just getting busy again. lol. Christmas shopping, working, catching up with friends and still Christmas shopping. lol. Gotta get gift card for my dad and some food for my oreo desert that I am making as a gift for a friend and for our Christmas party at work on Christmas eve. Trying to avoid walls too. lol
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 18, 2012
11:03 AM

Post #9361511

Well, look who it is! Welcome back happ, glad to hear your feeling better. The flu stinks, I hope I can avoid it. You got your lights all situated now eh? A 1,000 year old cat?! Now that's an OLD cat! There's those little chinese food looking containers all over the house full of past cat cremains. My friend just loves her cats! I don't dare hassle one of her cats or she'll throw me right out! There's not 70 or 80 cats here or some number all nuts like that, there is only a few here, well, 1 more right now, she took one in for the Winter, it's in the basement, it's a nice cat, we call him Bob, they were all strays from outside. But, then one of them does his business on the floor, we agree to let him out in the Spring when it's warm, he wants back out anyway, he's always trying to get out. I have nothing against male cats, I'm a male..lol but male cats have this nasty habit where they spray their urine all over anything! It's gets tough to watch a cat spray urine all over the drapes, the furniture, anything that's about a foot or less from the ground, they just have to mark their territory or something.

Those Daylilies sound nice, juhur, a plant formula eh?!
Yeah, that friend in North Carolina says he just loves anything that's purple! I've sent him six cuttings of striped Wondering Jew, 2 of regular Wondering Jew, 2 cuttings of Philodendron 'Micans', (which is reddish), maybe purple is his favorite color, he's a nice guy. The great thing also about Jews is they propagate so easily from even the leaves, you can do leaf cuttings also of Wondering Jew, I just tear off leaves and stick them in other pots where I want them.

Yeah, going shopping can be hazardous this time of year, especially at Walmart. The other day the police had this guy in handcuffs outside a Walmart, then when I left, the convoy of police cars was next to me at the stoplight and I could hear the criminal guy just letting them have some innocence! lol I might not have any money either but I don't think I'm going to steal gifts! I've already told people, "sorry, not getting anything". Trying to push a cart thru Walmart is an experience now!
Will

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 18, 2012
2:59 PM

Post #9361690

Hi ya Hap Camo the cat showed up about early 2003 ,been here ever since.. He likes to sneak up behind me and do the happy feet dance on the back of my shoulders,, I would rather he dig in the plants..lol
I am sure all and every are behind about Christmas, zoom here, zoom there,, I don't think so myself...

Fun with the plants ,what is your favorite color ,, Maybe about the plant formula , only it does seem to be working so far.. I am thrilled with that, something useful..

All I ca further say to all is ;; Yeah! Holiday Shopping!!!? *#**#**&*#**@!+=+**
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 18, 2012
4:53 PM

Post #9361789

Ya'll ready for winter again? Rain, snow and wind all coming in starting tomorrow night. Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! LOLOL!!!!

Happ, hope you are ready because you will probably get a few more inches than those of us down here.
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 18, 2012
7:40 PM

Post #9361906

Haha! Your kidding, right, pepper?! What forecast are you watching?! I think your joking! Maybe things will change, I like white Christmases myself! Here's one Kansas City channel's forecast -
http://www.kshb.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day_forecast

My favorite color? I think black is a good color! It even suits me pretty good! I am a rather dark sort! Haha! Holiday shopping?! Holiday window shopping is fun too!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2012
4:45 PM

Post #9362575

Eeeeek!! Ok, nevermind, sorry pepper, they have changed the forecast for tomorrow, it now says a high of only 29 and a one hundred percent chance of something, I'm guessing snow! lol
- http://www.kshb.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day_forecast
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2012
5:03 PM

Post #9362586

LOL. :~p. All the forcasts were the same on this one. Rain then snow with plenty of wind. Today we reached lower 40s but when out in the wind it felt like mid 20s. Very bitter. Now it really will be bitter tomorrow!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 20, 2012
4:33 AM

Post #9362818

We got lots of rain and lightening last night, that then turned to little ice pellets, when I left for work at about 4am it wasn't bad, in less than 30 minutes we were in a middle of a white out. Having lived in Colorado I remember those days all to well. Took 2 hours to get to work. At one point up by Smithville, some guy was driving on the wrong side of a 2 line hilly road! If he would of looked to the edge of the road he would of seen the grass was on the WRONG side. When I went past him he figured it out and got over before he killed himself and/or someone else. Up north was surely blizzard conditions, if I would of waited until 4:30 I would of not come in, but I am here now.

I love Christmas shopping and just have a couple of things to pick up and I will be done. Most decorations are up and most things are wrapped. I found a great iphone app to keep track and I can take pictures of what the items are. I have been doing that with my digital camera for years but this is better cause it shows everything I have gotten them or thought about gotten them and where and how much (I don't fill that part out...rofl) rather it is an idea, purchased, wrapped, shipped. Pretty nice. Only thing I don't like is I have to delete everyone when I get ready to do next year which I don't like cause I like to know year to year what I got so I don't buy the same type of thing or whatever.

Can;t remember who wanted snow but they can have my share...rofl.
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2012
5:19 AM

Post #9362837

It rained and thundered here last nite too. I shoveled and swept my friend's car before she went to work about an hour ago. I like snow fine except doing that part! Since I'm unemployed, I don't dare lay up in bed whilst my friend walk thru the snow to her snow covered car!
Wow, driving on the wrong side of the street, how dangerous for everybody.
I put down ice melt last nite about 10:30 then it had to rain like crazy later, that just washes it all away!
I create folders for all my different photos, like yesterday I posted 3 items for sell on Craigslist and one on Ebay the other day. Ebay fees stink, I haven't even sold it and I noticed they took a dollar out of my bank account. I took a bunch of photos for the stuff and have it all separated, it's just easier when posting and uploading the photos to the sites where they hopefully sell.
Anybody want any of this stuff? Let me know if I sound like a jerkoff in the ads or anything, I'd like to sell the stuff!
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/hab/3489925448.html
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pho/3487722273.html
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pho/3487603963.html
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Principles-and-Practice-of-Medicine-Osler-William-MD-/300835639012?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item460b338ee4
Will

This message was edited Dec 20, 2012 7:38 AM

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2012
12:29 PM

Post #9363181

My a 330 pd health meter?!! You didn't look that big in your pic!!!!!? hope it sells... Christmas green!!

By the way ,what time does the planet end tomorrow ?
My spirit just can't find anything to wear.
(looking through the prayer books , see if there is anything in there)

Well a little humor...LOL
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2012
4:12 PM

Post #9363323

Hahe! Yeah, I weigh quite a lot less than that! When I bought it I thought I was just buying a high priced 300 lb. one, then I saw it was a 330 lb. one! At the time I didn't know there was a difference in weight capacities.

I would guess tonite at midnite for the Mayan calendar. I'd like to at least have breakfast! I don't wanna go in my sleep! I don't want to make light of it, the Mayans really believe that, so I'll just let it come and go like all the other doomsayers!

Hope you find something to wear!

Here is some snowy photos for today, outside the window! - The snow plow got right on that 2 inches or so!
Pepper, seriously, you oughta consider meteorology, you were right on, North Mo. got about double or more snow like you said. Wisconsin got ten inches of snow somewhere they said.
Will

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2012
5:32 PM

Post #9363405

LOL. I just watch the news and pay attention to how satalite looks on there. They tend to hype it up too much.

For anyone who doesn't know this already here is a little tip for preparing for snow and ice. Save your walmart bags and before it rains or snows put a bag on each outside mirror. That will keep the rain and snow from freezing on there so you can see when you go to work. Next get a tarp, put it on windshiled and go over the wipers. Tuck the tarp inside the doors to hold it down. Or you can use those stretchy hooks like you put around trash cans. It will save you alot of time in the mornings gettin ready to leave. We have been doing that for several years now and it has saved our butts many everytime.

My sister in Des Moines is currently without power. They lost power early this afternoon and it still hasn't come back on. They are headed over to her brother in law's place since he apparently has power so they can stay warm.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2012
8:51 AM

Post #9363794

About the same? Happy Winter solstice ...lol

Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7      

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2012
10:10 AM

Post #9363847

Thanks pepper, I wish I had thought to do that before the snow, ice and freezing rain the other day, the car was an absolute mess. I do keep one of those cheap dollar store brooms out there just for cleaning a car off but I should do that prevention, but I LIKE taking credit for cleaning the car, then I'm like a hero! I also detail it and clean the wheels! Eeek, no power, that does indeed stink, I hate flipping light switches out of habit and nothing!

Yeah juhur, pretty much the same as yesterday, the 21st seems to be going pretty normally for me so far. Winter Solstice.. yay! The days start becoming longer again! It won't be long and it will be Spring!
Windows and Siding by White Oak, it's named after a cool tree! This is a cool Bur Oak in IN., the Kile Oak. Hey, it's in the White Oak family, but I don't know of a famous White Oak in IN. like this Bur Oak. - http://www.irvingtonhistorical.org/a_articles/a_kile_oak/a_kile_oak.html

This message was edited Dec 21, 2012 12:59 PM

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2012
11:23 AM

Post #9363886

I like that tree ,nice one!! There were lots of those I remember when I was young . No so many anymore ..

Grandma had windows installed ,work good and look nice , still have a few to go. always more as green allows...

Yes always looking forward to spring!!! always!!! Lot of cold from now until then , Like 12 to 14 degrees tonight!

A few days ago ,, looks a little different now..

Thumbnail by juhur7

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2012
11:58 AM

Post #9363910

Spruce looks good! Are you still taking photos outside with your laptop?!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2012
12:24 PM

Post #9363931

Ten Dollar Vivatar camera ,,, lol The Dell camera and computer are long gone,, history,, This Acer has no cam installed .
Some of the photo pics are almost in focus lol,, new for me with a cam...

Yep the dollar store special ..

I had this on another thread only ; the Jello chocolate pudding sacrifice must have worked ,, we are all still here !!!! lol

Thumbnail by juhur7

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2012
12:42 PM

Post #9363938

Oh, I see. Nice photo there, is that a Morning Glory or a Petunia, maybe a Viola?
Jello chocolate pudding! If I had that I would gobble it right up on any day!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2012
1:02 PM

Post #9363952

Grandpa Ott morning glory.., Remember when the sun from summer?

Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2012
1:59 PM

Post #9363995

Oh yes, it was VERY hot then! Pretty flowers for Dec.!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2012
12:46 PM

Post #9365486

Well, this pic isn't as colorful as juhur's warm 2012 pic but it has 7 squirrels in it, see if you can spot them all, everything in the photo is basically the same color.
I'll link to the big photo in my Comcast webspace so you can look at it if you want. - http://home.comcast.net/~metalglove/pwpimages/photos/100_8116.JPG When your there you might want to click it again to make it great big, and also scroll all the way over to the left to see like 4 more squirrels.
At least it looks like it'll get up to about 40, enuff to melt some ice and snow for wildlife.for a while.
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2012
12:49 PM

Post #9365492

Oh, I forgot to upload the DG smaller one!

Thumbnail by shortleaf

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2012
1:45 PM

Post #9365522

Nice pic ,, difficult to do wildlife , we have black Bavarian squirrels here ,

I was sitting and playing with my electronics waiting to see family ..

We wish you a Merry Christmas
And a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone ;
This includes all of you who post here HAP, BILLY P, PEPPER23, AND OF COURSE SHORTLEAF,,
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2012
4:26 PM

Post #9365617

Aww.. and a Merry Christmas to you, juhur, and everybody here!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2012
3:56 PM

Post #9366245

I usually take bunches of photos of squirrels or birds out the window like that because a lot of the time the photos come out blurry, like it was focusing on the blinds and not whatever was outside. One year there was one maybe 2 albino squirrels coming around, I don't see them anymore, but there are LOTS of Gray Squirrels! I have a few more photos, these squirrels are now quite fat! I even made a Youtube video clip of them if anyone wants to see it. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg3JcjeQiaA&feature=youtu.be Sorry it ends abruptly, my finger musta came off the button too soon, pretend I say "bye and Merry Christmas"! In that last photo it has what's left of a saltine cracker and it has picked up a brown leaf it appears! The squirrels here are quite portly!
Will

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2012
5:42 PM

Post #9366297

Here are those same 3 photos, yes 3, there was 3 but one was removed automatically and unintentionally
when I accidently clicked the old one with the red x on it but actually you can click anywhere on the photo and it removes it from the earlier post. Anyway, here the 3 are. -
http://home.comcast.net/~metalglove/pwpimages/photos/100_8142.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~metalglove/pwpimages/photos/100_8143.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~metalglove/pwpimages/photos/100_8144.JPG

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2012
1:56 PM

Post #9367722

Love the squirrels darn cute!! except when they are raiding my fruit trees , then I am always thinking worms have to eat too!!lol
Well you have seen these from this morning ,but here's some snow :

These go with over 4,000 closings, dozens of slide off accidents, general accidents ,and being bogged down in drifts no body is use to this as it has been a while , usually, past years ,this would not be anything.

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2012

Post #9367902

I keep meaning to take pics but I also keep forgetting. lol. We still have alot of ice in our parking lot at work. Makes it hard for people to get their vehicles off of it and some of them slip on it. I need to talk to mall manager and see if he can lay melt down or if we have to do it.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9367917

Yes slipping and falling on your duff,can, behind, well you know, the breaking of various body parts is one of the worst things about snow and ice! Besides it just plain hurts!!!
Stay well ,stay warm ,and deck sole shoes or boots to you (to keep from sliding around ,unless you just particularly like too)lol
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9367997

I have a pair of boots that have soles that remind me of tires. lol. But the holders for the laces aren't metal, they are thin rubber and one broke so it's hard to lace them up right. I haven't been wearing those this season yet. I have another pair of winter boots (all total I have 3 just in winter boots lol) that I have been wearing instead. Traction not so good but easy on my feet and warm.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
3:58 PM

Post #9368622

Vo ist mein Herr ; shortleaf ? Long cold day , about all there is ,... shoveled snow ,put the trash out, caught the winter blues, dreamed of spring , talked to the house plants, welcomed family home from vacation, consoled others who had to work Christmas day and will be New Years, wondering onward!!?lol
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9368657

I'm right here! I don't know German, I translated it! Might we be of German descent? I fancy myself mostly mutt as I come from varied seed. Actually, my biggest denomination would be Alaskan indian, I am one eighth of that. You talk to plants, juhur?! What do they tell you?!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
4:54 PM

Post #9368670

Everything from: humans , those bags of water" are messing up my environment,!! to Hey Human , Get that water over here ya Bogart!!

Wunderbar liebchen!!! Okay!! you have returned... I was wondering,.

Not since my great great grand relatives, as a matter of fact my revolutionary ancestors had been Prussian (The Bad Guys)lol OF course on my Mothers side The first Naval U.S. Marine Corpse 1804 one those had became ,Died in Tripoli (go figure) Evidence some them were professional soldiers ,just like we were taught, (history) something was true?(scary) Yes mutt,, mutt,, me too ain't it wonderful or should I say WUNDERBAR!!! My sister I use to argue with use to reply more like nutt, nutt mutt , mutt , than mutt ,, The good old days !? Difficult to imagine I still remember that 50 or 60 years later , Man is that a long time some days!!!

Glad you are still with us! , did ya get your snow also? are you ""diggin"" it!!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
5:05 PM

Post #9368677

Thanks, I'm glad to be here! Oh, I dig snow! But, it hasn't snowed much here. It snowed about a week ago, a couple inches, but it's almost all gone now. It's plenty cold though, it's usually around 20 or 25 degrees.
I saw your photos, they look pretty snowy, juhur!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
5:14 PM

Post #9368684

It is like that here also , 20's , The storm was, or is, named Euclid , Sounds familiar ?
Thank you! for stopping in and cheering me up ,I needed it!!! Snow gives me the blues,, lol or maybe the :Blahs."..would be more like it?
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
6:31 PM

Post #9368711

I'm part German and Blackfoot mostly. Got some Cherokee I'm told too but the first two are my main heritage.

We still have alot of snow on the ground here. Plenty of ice on gravel roads too.
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
6:52 PM

Post #9368727

Stopping by to cheer you up?! Glad that I could help!! : )
I think they said there was more snow further East of here. I thought they said Sedalia got snowed on pretty good.

I remember my Mom would get payments for being a fourth American Indian, and above, she is a fourth. I believe that's like the cutoff for getting benefits, so I am out..lol One time, I remember when I was a kid she got me a bb gun with a big payment.

Yes, Euclid, isn't that a street somewhere or some such!?
Will

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #9368733

My Grandfather David on my fathers side ; was from Shawnee town Illinois , Had a half brother who's name I do not know (never did). My father only had one uncle who had passed away early in his young life and one cousin who I was familiar with.. Every thing from that time is hazy,, no photos , no mention of Grandpa's family (Grandpa passed in 1952 a little before I was born.)
A mystery puzzle there, brings to mind a many a question..
My elder said he was in part, and looked like a Jacarillan( A big blonde Navajo looking people) As you might know , that happened often as native people were not as popular with many , at that time...
Well there you have some confusion, me too...
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
12:12 PM

Post #9369153

More confusion?! Oh dear.. I am always confused! A Jacarillan eh? Well, I learned something new! I mostly look out the front window, where the sun must be hitting or something, there isn't that much snow in the front. I spoke too soon up there, there is still quite a bit of snow on the ground in a lot of places, the backyard is still pretty well covered with snow and ice.
I raked and sacked up a lawnsack of leaves from around the main feeder in the front so the wildlife don't have to dig so much to get the stuff I put out there. I put some more stuff out there for them. When I feed the birds, I mean I feed the freaking birds! - I wasn't really a fan of the CrackerJack toys going out on the ground. By the way, that's all expired stuff, we save it to put outside, they eat like kings for a few days. I had put a bunch of sunflower seed out there first, I'll get a photo of them later all eating the food.

This message was edited Dec 28, 2012 2:15 PM

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
12:26 PM

Post #9369172

Birds with big fuzzy tails!!!! like that too... I remember cracker jack toys ! I don't know if I spelled that correctly or not ,, we all learn some things from time to time.. If I find anything interesting/ i will be back later

Oh yeah couldn't even imagine raking leaves , while shoveling snow ,,

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
1:23 PM

Post #9369227

I was helping rearrange the garage earlier ,we have more snow tonight and tomorrow then rain and snow in a day or so. Super ,!!! nasty mucky ucky weather..
I still like that feeder in the pic!! Too cold to do much , it gets better though.. only good thing about it, if it is bad ,,it changes.
As said earlier ,,this time the car is in the garage!lol Kind of funny ,,but that is where it belongs, Something is where belongs!! that does not happen that often around here...
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
1:37 PM

Post #9369243

Stuff where it belongs hehe! I really try to have stuff where it belongs so I remember where it's at. I remember a Grandfather used to say, "put stuff back so it's there the next time you need it".
It wasn't overly profound or anything, but man is it nice to know where stuff's at!

I see, rearranging a garage so you could get a car in it eh? We need to do that too, but it's way more than just rearranging the garage for us! Garages should indeed house a car. I watch House Hunters on HGTV quite a bit and I don't know what some people are thinking when they've converted a garage into a room, it just kills the resale value and chance of selling the house.

Yeah, plenty cold. Historically, they say, the coldest part of the year is coming up, the first to middle of January, so this is NOT the time to p off the landlord and get kicked out! lol
Will
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
6:18 PM

Post #9369446

Thanks juhur, that's a cool birdfeeder. I think it's a birdfeeder, maybe it's something else, loading on it isn't very ideal at all, you can't drop birdseed in it or anything, you have to throw it in from the side, which isn't ideal. Anybody know what that thing is? It's got a matching birdbath, complete with frozen water.

Where'd that pepper go?!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
6:57 PM

Post #9369471

I don't know what that is all about either, it is snowing harder here right now than what they said was suppose to be a blizzard Earlier the weather people said one inch and we are accumulating that by the hour!!!! Now they are saying three to five inches by three a.m. , but it is suppose to snow through nine or so a.m. tomorrow morning.
That works out to be ten or twelve inches by my math !!! that's a lot of snow for an inch!!!?
I wish I knew what I was doing , wouldn't it be nice!!?
Okay pepper we can trade places? ,since you are a snow lover!!lol
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
7:02 PM

Post #9369478

Looks like an old light without the lens. lol.

Here, just been busy.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
7:03 PM

Post #9369480

Snow coming here on Monday!! Not sure of accumulation yet since it's early but hoping at least a few inches. Need traction on some of the ice that is left.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
7:08 PM

Post #9369485

At moment I think we are hogging it all !! lol It has not snowed here, like it is right now in years !!! Man it is coming down , should make for pics in the morning...

And besides that .. I am really glad I got that car in the garage!! WOW!!!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
7:58 PM

Post #9369511

Hmmm.. maybe it's a lighthouse, that never occurred to me, but it's got a metal bird in it and one on top of it, the silhouette kinda looks like real birds but they're fake. I didn't see that until now, but one of the 2 matching birdbaths is in the photos up there!

You don't know what your doing either, juhur?! Join the club, me neither!! lol

I was watching a movie or something the other day, "somebody said, you don't walk, you slide like a lizard on ice". I thought that was so funny, I thought I was going to die! I'm gonna slide like a lizard on ice out there!

Ewww.. snow Monday?! Gotta say, not a big fan of shoveling walks and car at 5:30 am!

Yes, we need snow pics, this IS wintertime!
RoseRustler
Forsyth, MO

December 29, 2012
7:12 AM

Post #9369710

I found it! I looked out the window last night and "Lo and Behold! It was snowing!" I wasn't sure I'd recognize it, but somehow it came back to me when I saw it, SNOW in Forsyth, MO, just a skip and a jump from Branson. Guess that means half the town will head South now that the season is over.

RoseRustler
RoseRustler
Forsyth, MO

December 29, 2012
8:04 AM

Post #9369750

The Snow is here in the Ozarks for anyone looking for it. It sneaked up on us last night! Married to military retiree we've lived all over, and moved here in 2001 just in time to see "everything change" on 9-11-01. Didn't know I could appreciate the homeland even more than before, but I did after that. We left behind a San Antonio home with a botanical garden that made us one of the highest water consumers in that county, and 12 years later find ourselves cliff dwellers in the form of a third floor balcony with the best view of the lake in the county. We're getting creative with a small space, and the best thing we did was pot up a Crepe Myrtle tree last Spring. Too late in the season to find a healthy colorful one we accepted White and it quickly became the Bistro Spot for birds, the Hummers hid among the blooms and branches between sips, with regular sortees to patrol the windows where they gazed on shelves of African Violets hoping to have a sample. The tree provided shade for the Western exposure. As Winter came on and the leaves went home to their fathers and were replaced by tiny white fairy lights wrapping the main trunk and draped over bare limbs, bringing reports of Cheer from neighbors and workmen. This year I'm on it early, I need tips on which CMs give the most bang for the buck, and how to prevent the sticky stuff that attracts wasps, which by the way did a great job of cleaning up the stuff. Suggestions and questions very welcome. RoseRustler in the Ozarks
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2012
8:06 AM

Post #9369754

Welcome to the forum and to DG! Forsyth, Mo. eh? In the Branson Micropolitan statistical area, a vacationer's paradise! Anyway, that's what Wikipedia says, you see, I look everything up! Forsyth is an interesting town, it has an interesting history too. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forsyth,_Missouri
Will

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2012
10:02 AM

Post #9369844

I have been through here.
Here it is here today; snowed all night..

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 29, 2012
10:27 AM

Post #9369869

14 sunny.
Typical MN winter day.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2012
12:49 PM

Post #9369987

These were cleaned off yesterday ,yes I know a couple of you saw them already.. lol
But still a better example, and after shoveling 50 or 60 yds. to free us to the street. I need to say or show something.

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2012

Post #9370131

I always remember to take pics on my phone but not the camera. lol

My brother says 5-7 inches on Monday and a local news station says 3-4 inches. The further south of I-70 you are the more you will get. The further north, the less you will get. Will, I will get more than you since I am a couple miles south of I-70 (not far enough for me, since I can hear it on quiet days). Snow starts early Monday morning and lasts into early Tuesday morning.

I say bring it on!! LOL!!

Welcome Rose!! Always love new faces!! The Ozarks are beautiful year round. I need to visit down there more often.

Juhur, I heard that you will end up with around 8 inches on top of what you got from the last storm. Who's right? You or them? lol
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2012

Post #9370132

Hey Bernie!! Typical is good. lol

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2012
6:17 PM

Post #9370181

They weather stats are saying 8&1 /2 the first 6 &1/2 the second , I think my table and stump would argue that ,My table looks close to that 6 but the stump says nearer 12
I guess it is all in how you look at it :-)

Fishing and Bluegrass in the Ozarks ? All,right!!!!!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2012

Post #9370200

That's some snow there, juhur! It hasn't snowed very much here yet.
I once counted the miles to I-70, if I remember right, it was 5 to 6 miles South, I am closer to the Missouri River, it's only about 1 mile North of here, (altho, there's no access to it that close, unless you work for a barge company!). I'm all for less snow, that is fine with me, it means less shoveling and stuff! Maybe less snow to cover up the food I put out for the birds and squirrels yesterday! I can't hear I-70 from here and I am glad! lol Unfortunately, I hear that underground "bombing" or mining for aggregate or limestone or whatever they do, but that's not far from here. -
http://www.aggregateresearch.com/articles/2060/Lafarge-plans-new-mining-in-Sugar-Creek.aspx That document is old but that's the kind of "mining" they do around here. I think that's what I hear, they do it all nite sometimes, it's somewhat far away but when it's so quiet it booms pretty good.
I saw Django Unchained today, it's a good movie, a little dramatic with the shooting and all but overall a good portrayal of life back in the day I'm guessing.
Every other word is the n word, which was unsettling.
Also, I don't think they did much research on which trees grow where, they had BIG Live Oak trees with much spanish moss on them, in Tennessee, which I'm quite sure isn't naturally a tree in TN. Somebody has probably nursed one Live Oak or a few along there but I doubt they're big, old and plentiful like in the movie.

Ok pepper, we'll see about your forecast! I-70 IS a good border for weather oddly enuff, it and the Missouri River. One time they said North of the Missouri River was like blizzard conditions, I think in 2007, at the time I lived about 15 miles North of the river and I worked 15 miles South of the river and when I got off work and went over a Missouri River bridge I couldn't hardly see, I went over the bridge like 5 mph!

A Crepe Myrtle, Rose? Every time I tried one it came up only as a shrub, it could be different down there though.

Wow, juhur, that is some shoveling snow there!

Here is the backyard here today. - There's my big trailer and my little trailer, (the pushmower hauler).

Hehe.. MN. is very typical with the snow, it seems like it would be quite a nuisance! If I lived there, I'd definitely have an excuse to have a big tire 4wd!

Thumbnail by shortleaf

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2012
1:37 PM

Post #9370717

Well icicles ,popcicles , ya feel lie one after a while "out there'
whats up any shoveling any throwing of icicles;
Movie sounds interesting ,beware vulgarity ,violence ,, and gore!!! Love it all!!!! LOL

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2012

Post #9370840

Now we are expecting 5 inches of snow but the first bit will melt at first to create icy roads. Not gonna be fun driving tomorrow!!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9370966

The weather does sound a bit sketchy for driving tomorrow. Ya know, people have been killed by falling icicles! Yeah Django Unchained is gory, I think Quentin Tarantino has a thing with eyeballs, Kill Bill now this one!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
8:45 AM

Post #9371291

Hi all! This is what it looks like In Independence, Missour, (Kansas City, MO. metro.)! I was out a while ago to rob a liquor store for the rent money, this is what it looked like about 10 this morning. -
The roads are still okay but it's accumulating gradually everywhere else. I dropped my ski-mask in the street after the holdup and it was all wet!

Thumbnail by shortleaf

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
9:00 AM

Post #9371302

Well that looks like fun, sounds like fun too!!!! Money and ice later ,, allright!!!
Except for your confession , the water and ice should erase all traces of dna ... Unless you are all ready on record, you know from infant tracking devices!!lol

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
9:21 AM

Post #9371315

They'll never find me! Here I am! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU47JfOz7hE

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #9371317

Wow that was fast !!!; all the way to the Czech Republic and back in one morning? That is one way to do a liquor store stick up..!!!
Only as to how you did that I am stumped?

Thumbnail by juhur7

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
9:50 AM

Post #9371331

Don't you know you can do anything you put your mind to, it's all in the mind! That was on Tosh.0 the other day. They zoomed in on his hand several seconds BEFORE he smashed it over the clerk's head, like it was a pretty good signal that it was about to be used like a weapon! It was funny on the show, Daniel Tosh says, "who holds a beer bottle like that"?!
At least it's better than the dream I had last nite. I dreamed I plunked down $1,800 for the plans to build a custom house. I woke up right after the dream, I couldn't believe it, I told my friend, she was getting ready for work, I said, "In a dream, I just paid $1,800 for the plans to build a house in a storm sewer, I like to grow plants, how am I going to grow any plants?". She said, "I could grow mosses and lichens"! They had like all these folding chairs down there under the street in the dream and there was like 25 customers there, all getting ripped off by these scammers dressed like used car salesmen. I remember in the dream, I was just happy to pay it too!
Man, I hope that's not insight into things to come! I don't want to live in the steenking sewer!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
10:30 AM

Post #9371366

ME TOO!!! too much caffeine !!!:-):-):-)
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
1:11 PM

Post #9371516

Haha! Too much caffeine! I don't drink coffee! Now pop, I drink a lot of pop but not in my sleep! lol
The snow is coming down now, but it isn't accumulating in the street yet. Boy, I hope it doesn't get too much colder!
Today, I took off some wallpaper in the kitchen. It was starting to look a little regularly hideous, the wallpaper had been painted over MANY years ago, before my friend bought this house. At least I won't have to clean the walls in there before I paint, everything came off with the wallpaper! Painted over wallpaper is NOT a good look, take my word for it. The walls are incredibly smooth, the wallpaper came off pretty good.
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf   Thumbnail by shortleaf   Thumbnail by shortleaf      

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
1:47 PM

Post #9371566

No way to ventilate here , couldn't do any painting here this time of year.. luck with yours...How's the copper fire pit ,got that baby up and "roastin:"" Chestnuts yet..
HOW about this from the other day and today.,,The end of times translated into snow here !!!LOL This every day for about six days it has snowed here

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
4:41 PM

Post #9371738

Snow and bird pics!! I was taking some pics thru a dirty window so they aren't as clear as they would normally be. lol

Snow missed us for the longest time before it finally hit us. We were in this little bubble of no snow this morning. People all around us were getting 2 inches already and nada here. It finally started snowing but the ground was too warm for it to stick much until it started getting dark. They are still saying around 4 inches for majority of people. I'll believe it when I see it in the morning.

Thumbnail by pepper23   Thumbnail by pepper23   Thumbnail by pepper23      

shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
8:17 PM

Post #9371909

No, not cooking anything in that firepit yet! I was looking at firepits for sell at Lowes and the metal ones are now painted to look like copper. I asked the guy there and he said that it's painted metal and as soon as the paint burns off it will rust. It was $129.00, my copper one was only $99 at Target 6 years ago.

I'll run the attic fan for 5 or 10 minutes if I paint before Spring, altho my friend says I can't paint until it warms up but I don't want to wait that long. The paint fumes don't really bother me, I'll paint for a few minutes then go to the basement or something. One time many years ago, I painted with a couple of spray cans the inside of my Grandma's shower, that was all rusted, I had a sore throat for 9 days I remember now, I didn't ventilate at all that time!

I like suet feeders because they last a pretty long time and it's fun watching the birds take turns trying to get food out of them. And some of the suet food always falls on the ground and there is more birds down there.

The snow's been coming down all day but it never amounted to anything much in the street which is good for work people, I hope it doesn't turn all slick and nasty overnite.

This message was edited Dec 31, 2012 10:24 PM
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2013
4:51 PM

Post #9372650

THIS THREAD CLOSED!!!

NEW THREAD HERE: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292534/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Central Midwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
You have to guess what this is - it's in my garden. LOL crystalnurse 181 Sep 22, 2010 10:54 AM
dahlias-How to store allysgram 18 Apr 18, 2007 4:39 PM
Stargazer Lily Bulbs Question cedarnest 19 Jul 3, 2007 8:42 PM
Let's go gardening! Terry 12 Jun 21, 2014 10:28 PM
Speaking of winter MaryinLa 5 Mar 3, 2007 2:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America