Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Poultry and Livestock: Shawnee, OK Poultry Show this weekend

Communities > Forums > Poultry and Livestock
bookmark
Forum: Poultry and LivestockReplies: 2, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

December 2, 2012
7:37 AM

Post #9347548

http://okspf.com/Show_Information_.html

Here is the website and directions for anyone interested. I may post some pictures and videos if I make it there. They'll be showing some beautiful birds, and many will be for sale.

God willing, I'm going, but I'm not taking any birds. Wish I'd make myself take some of the roosters I don't want, but not sure how grandson and I would handle trying to sell them, or give them away. We'd probably both cry. I'm not going to put us through that right now. Maybe another year.
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

December 10, 2012
4:51 PM

Post #9355053

Made it home with a splash showgirl and a blue silkie pullet. They are sweet and in the living room for the moment. They seem healthy.

Broke my camera before the show, so no pictures. This is par for my course.

They had some lovely Black Marans for sale. Gorgeous dark colored eggs. Maybe my loss, I don't know, but my Silkies have trouble getting along, so wasn't sure how they'd act together.

Also some English Buff Orpingtons sold right as I arrived. HUGE birds. Not that I needed them, just wanted them.

We finally have some cold weather here, but it is supposed to be back in the 60s by mid week. Extra warm weather for Nov and Dec. Last night it was down into the single digits.

CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 11, 2012
10:21 PM

Post #9356134

I want Marans so bad but they are expensive. I'll have to settle for Welsummers.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America