Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 2, 2012
5:12 PM

Post #9348034

There's always room for more folks to join us. If you're just stumbling upon our Birthday thread or have lurked in the past and would like to join the fun, here's how our group works. During your Birth Month, you will receive a Birthday Card from each of the other participants. And in turn, you are to mail a Birthday Card to each participant during their Birth Month. Who doesn't enjoy receiving a thoughtful Card instead of junk mail and bills? A Card and a 1st Class Stamp, it's as simple as that. Purchased and handcrafted Cards are both welcome. Come on and have some fun!!!!

December Birthday(s):
Dahtzu / Faye December 25
Hope43 / Twyla - December 28

Current Birthday Club Members:
Rouxcrew / Joy -- January 15
lanakila/Lanakila -- January 22
Irisluvr0252 / Debbie -- February 25
ClanCampbell / Chris -- February 28
hartzell81 / Heather -- March 3
Goldhillal / Crystal -- March 21
AmandaEsq / Amanda -- April 6
FruitoftheVine / Susan -- April 9
Crit / Patti -- May 10
Mud_Elf / Kris -- May 10
ahoogstra/Alicia -- May 17
taters55 / Linda Kay -- June 13
texaslady62 / Lori -- June 27
kohndr / Kobi -- July 2
Goober_Fairy/Kaitlyn -- August 5
GAgirl1066 / Paula -- September 1
GardenQuail / Michelle -- October 28
Sbish5/ Shirley --- November 1
Dahtzu / Faye -- December 25
Hope43 / Twyla -- December 28
HONORARY Member - Neener

This message was edited Dec 2, 2012 8:22 PM

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066
Click the image for an enlarged view.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 2, 2012
5:17 PM

Post #9348042

Remember everybody, our Christmas Day birthday gal is Faye, and Twyla's is right after!

2013 Monthly Starts -- Volunteers Needed -- Please Claim Your Month

January - FruitOfTheVine
February - Lanakila
March - taters55 (possibly another month too)
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Thanks for volunteering LK and Lanakila.

This message was edited Dec 3, 2012 12:11 AM
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 2, 2012
7:15 PM

Post #9348244

Hi, all.
Hey, since Paula is hosting again, do we get to have more "fun flower facts"? :)
Paula, that amaryllis sounds wonderful :) Need to look through mine and see what they're all doing. I think a bunch need water. Wonder if any will bloom this year.
I'll be volunteering for a month, too, but I need to think about which one I want. Will get back to you on this soon!
By the way, it's December, and I have tuberoses blooming!
Have a great week!
Michelle

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 2, 2012
7:44 PM

Post #9348271

Thanks for the new thread, and to Paula for doing the thread for December.

Fruity, you can add my name to one or two of those months.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 2, 2012
9:08 PM

Post #9348324

Michelle, since each of us host a month other than the one in which our Birthday falls, any would be fine for you except October, depending on your schedule and what you have going on. I've never grown Tuberose but you must enjoy them for their fragrance, and what a treat for you enjoying blooms this late in the year.

Thanks, LK. I'll put you down for March and will keep you in mind for another month other than June as we fill in the gaps.

It's sad losing past participants, but if your name is on the following list, please check in sometime this month if you'd like to be included in the New Year.

Irisluvr0252
ClanCampbell
hartzell81
Crit
texaslady62
kohndr / Kobi

Hope43 / Twyla is still with us in spirit and responded to a recent Dmail that she's still having health and computer issues. Please send her a card this month to wish her a Happy Birthday and let her know we're thinking of her. She'd been a part of our group for several years.

For those lurking or have just stumbled upon us, we're always open to add you!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 3, 2012
4:34 PM

Post #9349024

I will take September, But I need instructions on how to do it before Sept. Maybe I will figure out, but right now?????

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 3, 2012
4:44 PM

Post #9349044

Ok, I found how to start a thread in the FAG.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 3, 2012
6:18 PM

Post #9349122

I'll take the thread I was originally assigned, February, and if you need me to take another let me know.

Joy
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 4, 2012
5:59 AM

Post #9349390

January - FruitOfTheVine
February - Lanakila
April
May
June
July
August
September - Goldhillal
October
November
December

Thanks, Crystal.

Joy, would April work for you or would another month be better?

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 4, 2012
11:02 AM

Post #9349624

Hello Everyone! Its nice weather here! It's overcast, but very nice...I have on shorts and tshirt. I would love to be outside in the yard, but today is my mom's birthday and I am having them over to eat tonight, so I'm cooking already.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 4, 2012
12:08 PM

Post #9349678

April is fine, I will do another if needed. Never did hear why we are changing the order. Could someone enlighten me?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 4, 2012
1:12 PM

Post #9349721

Have a great time with your Mom, Paula.

2012 Monthly Hostesses:
Goldhillal (Crystal) -- January
Rouxcrew (Joy) -- February
Mud_Elf / Kris -- March
Irisluvr0252 (Debbie) -- April
AmandaEsq (Amanda) -- May
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) -- June
Crit (Patti) -- July
taters55 (LK) -- August
GardenQuail (Michelle) -- September
taters55 (LK) -- October
GAgirl1066 (Paula) -- November
ClanCampbell (Chris) -- December

#####

Joy, and anybody else wondering, I suppose we're starting fresh because at least three of the hostesses are AOL, sadly no word from them for months. We could have new participants join as well who would like to host a month.

#####

January - FruitOfTheVine
February - Lanakila
April -- rouxcrew (possibly another month too)
May
June
July
August
September - Goldhillal
October
November
December

Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

December 4, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9349994

I will take June.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 4, 2012
6:15 PM

Post #9349997

And I will take July as Goober will be here for both months. We can help each other. Ok????
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 4, 2012
6:39 PM

Post #9350027

That would be great, Goober and Elfie!

January - FruitOfTheVine
February - Lanakila
April - rouxcrew (possibly another month too)
May
June - Goober_Fairy
July - Mud_Elf
August
September - Goldhillal
October
November
December

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 5, 2012
1:17 AM

Post #9350183

Hi, all.
I'll take May.
It seems our weather's been warmer than usual lately. Been in the high 50s/low 60s. Very thankful, too, given that I have tuberose buds blooming or preparing to bloom :) Been enjoying their wonderful fragrance... A very special treat at this time of year!
And I just discovered more rose buds on my Intrigue rose bush! One rose bloomed this past week, and I found four more buds!
Michelle
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 5, 2012
3:59 AM

Post #9350215

Good Morning.
Hope everyone is feeling well. They were saying the flu season has started earilier this year. Seems they say that every year.

How about some Christmas facts:

America's official national Christmas tree is located in King's Canyon National Park in California. The tree, a giant sequoia called the "General Grant Tree," is over 300 feet (90 meters) high. It was made the official Christmas tree in 1925.

I did not know this...anyone else? Wonder if they decorate it? LOL

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 5, 2012
4:12 AM

Post #9350218

I did not know that, will have to Google it and read more.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2012
5:54 PM

Post #9350845

Me too! What an interesting tidbit.

Thanks, Michelle, for hosting May. Our 2013 calendar is filling in nicely.

2013 Monthly Starts -- Volunteers Are Still Needed -- Please Claim Your Month
January - FruitOfTheVine
February - Lanakila
May -- GardenQuail
June - Goober_Fairy
July - Mud_Elf
August
September - Goldhillal
October
November
December

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 5, 2012
10:17 PM

Post #9351039

Hi, all.
I didn't know about the national Christmas tree either. And it's even in California! Would be fun to visit that park some time. Not sure which part of California it is in, though. But if the visit were timed right, then we'd know if they decorate the tree :)
Michelle
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 6, 2012
4:38 AM

Post #9351107

Good Morning!

Here's a good link for those interested about the tree. Seems there is a yearly trek by many to see the tree.

http://www.seecalifornia.com/christmas/trees/national-christmas-tree-general-grant.html

I am really feeling the crunch about Christmas...I haven't bought my children anything. Years ago, I had it all bought in Oct. and November, but now that they are 19 and 16, they're a little harder to buy for, especially my son.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 7, 2012
5:13 AM

Post #9352005

My children are both adults, and present buying is sooo hard. Mostly they buy their own presents and we foot the bill. This while not very fulfilling to me, prevents them being stuck with "stuff" which they do not and want and may leave here when they leave.
Experiential gifts would be good, but most of them I can think of are so expensive. Going out to eat would be one, I guess, but I was thinking of the time my daughter gave someone one of those para sail rides they have at the beach. Movie ticks are good , especially for kids.
Name some experiential gifts.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2012
9:17 PM

Post #9354255

There's nothing wrong giving money and is what my parents gave me for years after I was grown, along with a couple of packages to open that were mostly work clothes-related. My MIL's birthday is Christmas week and she looks forward to the combined birthday / Christmas check we give her in a card. She is in her 80's living on Social Security with a small monthly retirement check, so any extra money for her is a windfall. Like you said, Crystal, it's not as gratifying as giving a tangible gift, but we all do our best to please or help. I've been finished shopping for a while, but then again we only have a few family members left on my husband's side of the family and local friends and neighbors to buy for.

Young adults those ages, Paula, are hard to buy for, especially now in the high tech age with all sorts of tempting gadgets. I'd be tempted to open or add to their savings accounts, make a car payment or two, or pay their insurance premiums for a year. I'm sure whatever you do will be appreciated.

For anyone interested, our Decorated ROCK swap is Open. Sign-ups end New Year Eve. It's time to start gathering and deciding how you'd like to decorate yours:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1290422/

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 10, 2012
4:20 AM

Post #9354358

Yes, my son in definately into the high tech gadgets. Loves anything to do with computers and such. Well fruity, thank you for the suggestions, but I have had an automatic transfer to a savings account for both of my children since they were one year old. And I have to say my children are blessed, because they each have a vehicle and we provide their gas, insurance, and the whole shabang. And I have to say, they appreciate it also, and they do have to work for it. We are blessed that we are able to do it for them.

I have to say to you all...if you can ..Please look into the Angel tree with the Salvation Army. It's such a worthy cause and some children do not get anything for Christmas. We have adopted two this year...one is a little boy that his teacher said wore the same clothes to school everyday and when asked what he wanted for Christmas...the game Sorry and checkers, because his checker board broke. It broke my heart. The other is a little girl that my daughter was a counselor to at a local camp for underpriviledged kids. My daughter said she was the sweetest kid and just didn't have anything. We bought her clothes and her request was a bike. I know times are hard and everyone may not be able to help, but even if you could buy a football or something small, you would be surprised what joy some children get out of such a small gift.

If you don't have the Angel Tree locally...just check with your local school...most principals know if there is a need y child.

Christmas fun fact:

Each year more than 3 billion Christmas cards are sent in the U.S. alone.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 10, 2012
9:03 PM

Post #9355220

Hi, all.
That's one of the fun things about this time of year: there are so many different ways that we can help one another!
Wow, that's a lot of cards! Like the Christmas fun facts, too :)
Michelle

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 11, 2012
9:52 AM

Post #9355589

Lol,, Goober says she wants those Monster High Dolls?? Never heard of them. Gryphon wants subsription to X-Box Gold. They are pretty easy to get gifts for. This month so very tight so they will have to be happy with what ever we can get for them. They will not be having Christmas at home as thier mom is going though some tough times and wel,,,l it is just a long sad story. I will be glad to have them here. I wonder if I could sign them up with our local Salvation Army??

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 11, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #9355970

Never hurts to try Kris!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9356218

At the docs right now. Going to have a stress test. Then Ralph is off for his birthday and we are going to catch up on old tv shows. So hopefully a nice easy day today. We are going to splurge and share a 6 oz. steak for dinner with a baked potatoe and brussle sprouts. Yum...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 12, 2012
8:31 AM

Post #9356337

Happy Birthday Ralph!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2012
12:04 PM

Post #9356476

Thanks LK. I will tell him when he gets home,, he got called into work...sigh...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2012
1:33 PM

Post #9356536

Maybe not for too long and you'll be celebrating soon.

12-12-12
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 13, 2012
11:47 AM

Post #9357356

Hello everyone,
It is freezing here...not so much temperature (46), but its wet...rained all day yesterday and now its that wet cold and I can't seem to get warm. I had plans to go outside and plant some things that I need to get in the ground, but its too cold...the winds blowing also.

Don't forget our two ladies that has birthdays coming up. Might not be bad to go ahead and mail them with all the holiday stuff going on.

-Christmas trees usually grow for about 15 years before they are sold
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2012
3:02 PM

Post #9357534

Thanks for the reminder, Paula. Mine's on the way to Faye or may already have arrived.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 13, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9357659

It is only 65 degrees in my bedroom.. don't know how cold the rest of the house is,, but it is at least 15 to20 degrees colder... Cannot wait to finish getting all the insulation in..
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 14, 2012
2:50 AM

Post #9357830

Hi, all.
I hope Ralph got to do something fun for his birthday even though he was called into work. Wish him a happy belated birthday for me, too, Elfie.
Paula, your weather sounds like the weather we've been having lately... But we had the rain Wednesday, maybe again Friday. Thankfully, it wasn't raining Thursday as I was running errands and such. It was still pretty cold, though!
Well, better post this while I still have an internet connection. Our internet has been coming and going lately. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Michelle
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 14, 2012
4:03 AM

Post #9357846

Aww Kris, stay warm. I was just telling my son last night as we dragged the trash can down the road...I hate cold weather. I do not know how you people that have snow and below 30 degree temps take it. I guess I am the biggest wimp when it comes to cold. I can safely say, I will never move farther north than I am. Michelle, sorry about your internet connection..that's aggrevating.

I am hearing the tick tock to Christmas and I still have a fewthings to buy...and no idea what to get.

The poinsettia is native to Mexico and was cultivated by the Aztecs, who called the plant Cuetlaxochitl (“flower which wilts”). For the Aztecs, the plant’s brilliant red color symbolized purity, and they often used it medicinally to reduce fever. Contrary to popular belief, the poinsettia is not poisonous, but holly berries are.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 14, 2012
10:10 AM

Post #9358104

62 here,, I am working on the house today,, have3 rolls of insulation to put in. Maybe it will help. We are thinking about pitting in a small furnace. We only have about 600 square feet to heat. So a furnace seems to be a bit over doing it,, that is til it gets to 26 degrees...LOL. well back to work. I have lots on my list today!!
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 14, 2012
10:23 AM

Post #9358110

Kris,
Could you send me your mail address??
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 14, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9358378

Hi, all.
Paula, I hate cold, too. I can deal with heat much better than cold. Of course, my husband is the opposite :) But I do admit that I have gained an appreciation for the cold since it makes some of my flowers happy to bloom. Otherwise, I'd rather it be warm all the time :)
Have cards for our birthday ladies, just need to get them ready to mail... :)
Michelle
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 19, 2012
4:14 AM

Post #9362038

Good Morning everyone,
Sure is quite on here...everyone still there. I know you are probably super busy like me...haven't been a great host this time. Sorry!

Well the countdown is on...6 more days til Christmas. Wow, hard to believe. We are supposed to have two nights of 31 this weekend. Brr! coldest yet. Even though I hate cold weather...I do like for it to be cold at Christmas.

Thought this was interesting:
http://www.history.com/interactives/christmas-facts

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 19, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9362369

I am at Goobers house. We will leave on Friday to go to my house. Gryphon will be with us too. Looking forward to having a week with my best buds!!!

I am feeling so good these past few days. My tests came back with all good news. I am thinking that the good news has really helped my mood. Anyway, to date I have lost 37 pounds. And need to loose 50 more pounds before I am at my desired weight. But the next 50 pounds I plan to loose it much slower. Being healthy is all I really want. So tired of being sick.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9362486

Glad to hear your feeling better Kris! Enjoy those kids for Christmas visit!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2012
2:27 PM

Post #9363271

I've decided not to participate after this month, so someone else will need to start January in my stead. Nothing personal and still may pop in from time to time.

2013 Monthly Starts

January -
February - Lanakila
May -- GardenQuail
June - Goober_Fairy
July - Mud_Elf
August
September - Goldhillal
October
November
December

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2012
2:34 PM

Post #9363276

Sorry to hear that Fruity, we will miss you. make sure you pop in and keep us company!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 21, 2012
10:58 PM

Post #9364376

Hi, all.
Waving hello... Still having problems with our internet.
Fruity, so sorry to hear you won't be participating after this month. But glad you'll stop by now and then :) Remember, we'd love to have you join us again when you can.
Twyla and Faye, my apologies, but your cards will be going out late. Had hoped to get them out this week, but one of those colds caught up with me. Will get them mailed as soon as I can.
Michelle
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 22, 2012
4:25 PM

Post #9364953

Hello to all the 2012 Birthday Girls. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with the best birthday ever.
Thank you (in order received) Nita, Susan and Linda Kay for the super cards, you know I loved them.

Thumbnail by dahtzu   Thumbnail by dahtzu   Thumbnail by dahtzu      
Click an image for an enlarged view.

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 23, 2012
4:29 AM

Post #9365240

Good morning Faye,
I'm going to wish you a VERY Happy Birthday now. The next two days are going to be very busy! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and a Merry Christmas! For the new year, I pray that you and Ray will have the year free of pain and setbacks. I mailed your card yesterday, so it will definately be a day or two late.

We have a heavy frost here this morning...booo! I did finally get around to taking cuttings of several things a couple of days ago...now I have to get out there and pot them up. I cut back my one brug tree and got a huge 5 gallon bucket of cuttings, so if anyone wants some let me know. It was about 8-9 foot tall. Its noid...but is in the pic below.

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 23, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9365642

Thank you so much Paula for the sweet birthday wishes.
So glad you got cuttings from your Angel. I have several pinks and most of them look very much alike. If you want more in the Spring, I have white & yellow.
Merry Christmas
Faye
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2012
8:51 PM

Post #9365742

Faye, I'm chiming in with Paula to wish you the best birthday ever. You and Ray have been through so much and deserve to live the rest of your lives free from pain and illness. May you both be surrounded by family and loved ones for your birthday on Christmas Day. Did you decorate your Sun Room this year with your collection of Angels?

I hope all of you have finished your shopping and found just the right gifts. I can't imagine being out tomorrow in the mad dash.

MIL's birthday was today. She gets really sentimental this time of year, wondering where all the years have flown. Her Anniversary to my hubby's Father, who has been gone since hub's was a young teenager, would have been Christmas Eve. One of my favorite Aunt's birthday on my Dad's side of the family was the day after Christmas. And I nearly married a guy whose birthday is December 28, same as our Twyla's, which reminds me I need to get her card in the mail tomorrow.

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 25, 2012
4:47 AM

Post #9366562

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS! Love you girls!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 25, 2012
5:56 AM

Post #9366592

Peace and Good Cheer to all!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 25, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9366596

Happy Birthday Faye! Hope you have a great day!

Thumbnail by taters55

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 25, 2012
8:13 AM

Post #9366671

Merry Christmas everyone. Thank you all for the birthday wishes. It is a great day for Ray & me. Later today we are going to Chesterfield Va. to see my older Sister.
Thank you Crystal/goldhilil, & Martha& Twyla for the Birthday Cards they are keepers along with the others I received.
Yesterday I got a thank you card from Twyla and she asked me to thank the two who sent her cards and let you know that her computer has been out for most of the year, lots of sickness in the family and she is sorry she hasn't been able to participate in the Birthday Club like she wanted to. Twyla also wishes you all a Merry Christmas.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 25, 2012
8:36 AM

Post #9366685

Happy Birthday Date, and hugs for Ray too!!!

Merry Christmas to all.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2012
6:12 PM

Post #9367058

Happy Birthday dear Faye...love you Lady!

Hope you all had a festive day and are in good spirits.
Twas quiet for me and nostalgic thinking of my family and my extended family here on DG.

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 26, 2012
12:17 AM

Post #9367217

Hi, all.
Faye, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you've had a wonderful birthday and Christmas Day :)
Merry Christmas to all!
We got together with my husband's side of the family yesterday (Dec 24). Beautiful weather! We all had a lovely time. We then had a quiet Christmas at home, just the two of us. Also had a nice visit by phone with my mom in Pennsylvania. We're back to the rainy weather, complete with a few more downpours, so it was nice we did the travelling Christmas Eve day.
For years, I've always heard of sugar plums, but never had the opportunity to try them. Found a place out here that makes them and got some for us to try as a special Christmas treat. Pretty tasty :)
Michelle

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 26, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #9367295

Ladies, January is just about here, and we need a few of you to host a month or two. As there are just a few of us that post regularly, please step up, and help host a few months. it does not take much, just start a new thread for your month, wish everyone a Happy Birthday when the time comes!

This is what we have so far.

January -
February - Lanakila
May -- GardenQuail
June - Goober_Fairy
July - Mud_Elf
August
September - Goldhillal
October - Taters55
November
December
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 26, 2012
9:50 AM

Post #9367513

I will not take part in the Birthday Club in 2013. Hope you all will have good days.
Faye

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 26, 2012
2:19 PM

Post #9367751

Sorry to see you leave Faye! You will be missed.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 27, 2012
11:44 AM

Post #9368459

Thank you Linda, I will miss you too.
Hugs
Faye
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 28, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9368893

Happy Birthday, Twyla! Have a great day and year.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 28, 2012
7:08 AM

Post #9368952

Does anyone remember someone from Ft. Myers, FL? I can't remember which forum I saw her on nor her name??? thought you all might have better memories than me.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 28, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #9369027

I know several from Florida, but not fort Meyers. Maid Marion, quilter, Thunder.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 29, 2012
2:56 PM

Post #9370054

Hi, all.
Twyla, hope you had a wonderful birthday!
If anyone is in contact with Twyla other than by computer, perhaps you could pass on our birthday wishes? Last we heard, she was still having computer problems.
Faye and Twyla, I should be getting your cards out this coming week.
Faye, we'll definitely miss you. Do stop by when you can, and remember, we'd love to have you join us again when you can.
We think we finally got our internet connection problems resolved. Yay!
Fruity, put me down to host January, too. Hmmm, need a good cake picture... We'll have to see what yummy cakes we can find around to take a picture of :)
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Michelle
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 31, 2012
4:37 AM

Post #9371088

Good Morning everyone.
I have been out of town since Christmas, so only checked DG once. Happy Birthday Twyla!!! Hope everyone's holiday was wondeful! Its still cold here and I am not liking it!

Yay Michelle...thank you for hosting January...glad you got your internet fixed, mine is being awfully slow this morning.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 31, 2012
4:36 PM

Post #9371730

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2012
5:03 PM

Post #9371761

Happy New Year to all of you!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2012
5:11 PM

Post #9371770

Ladies, don't forget, we have birthdays coming up in a few weeks, Rouxcrew/Joy, January 15th, and lanakila January 22.
Get those cards ready to go!
Michelle, post a link for January when it get it ready please? Thanks.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 31, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9371850

Hi, all.
I'll have my husband help me get the link ready this evening :)
Happy New Year's, everyone!
Michelle

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 31, 2012
9:07 PM

Post #9371937

Happy Birthday Twyla.

Happy new years every one.!!!!!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 1, 2013
12:54 AM

Post #9371991

Hi, all.
Follow us on over to the new thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292445/
Michelle

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America