Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Look Under Your Thuja: Thuga seedling

Communities > Forums > Article: Look Under Your Thuja
bookmark
Forum: Article: Look Under Your ThujaReplies: 3, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
joandud
White Lake, MI

December 3, 2012
7:38 PM

Post #9349197

I found 2 thuga seedlings in my row of the shrubs last spring. This spring I transplanted them to areas near the parent plants. One died. The other, with careful watering and protection from the big feet of a groundhog, deer and our dogs, has made it. I hadn't planned on potting it for the winter. Now I'm not sure of what to do. A fir tree seedling grew in a nearby area for 3 years. I potted it this summer and have it in the window of our insulated - not heated - garage. Growing evergreen seedlings is a new experience for me. It's much harder than growing other seeds/seedlings! Perhaps success will make it more satisfying!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 3, 2012
10:35 PM

Post #9349252

If your thuja seedling is big enough I'm sure it will survive this winter. Good idea with the garage!
joandud
White Lake, MI

January 1, 2013
10:17 PM

Post #9372891

The seedling is only about 2" tall. I'm hoping the snow on the ground will keep it insulated from sun and wind during the winter.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 2, 2013
12:57 AM

Post #9372908

Good luck with that! I hope they will survive and grow well for you.
Happy New Year!

Adina

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Look Under Your Thuja Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thuja! ves522 3 Nov 27, 2012 10:48 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America