Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: How to get rid of a mole, nice and easy: What's worse? Moles or Dogs?

Communities > Forums > Article: How to get rid of a mole, nice and easy
bookmark
Forum: Article: How to get rid of a mole, nice and easyReplies: 1, Views: 5
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
SavvyDaze
Lady's Island, SC
(Zone 8b)

December 4, 2012
4:07 AM

Post #9349323

I don't know what's worse...Moles or the Dogs digging for the moles!

Don't get me started on moles in my gardens LOL I am constantly having to watch the dogs if they are outside cause they are always seeking out moles where ever they have tunneled. I've had to cover up so many holes in the gardens from where they have dug in search of moles.

About moles in my gardens...I wouldn't mind them much, but when they tunnel and push up the soil and mulch around small plants, eventually these plants appear as if I planted them too deep, when I originally planted them level with the soil. Therefore, the mulch and soil begin covering the leaves and flowers and I am constantly having to get it off. My only other option is to remove the plant and replant it with the newly mole-leveled soil! Another frustrating thing is when I water around the base of a plant or shrub and the water ends up going straight down into a mole tunnel instead of to the plants roots!

The only parts of my garden that haven't been infiltrated by the moles are the areas where I have planted things that don't like/need a lot of water.

Like everyone else, I have tried many methods of getting rid of moles - even pouring coffee grinds into mole holes, which keeps them away for a few days. However, I have not tried planting marigolds, but will definitely do so next spring! Hope it works...even a little :-)

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 4, 2012
10:46 AM

Post #9349614

I hope marigolds will keep the moles away from your garden. Thanks for sharing about your issues with the dogs and moles!LOL

Adina

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: How to get rid of a mole, nice and easy Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I've given up 1_Lucky_Texan 7 Sep 17, 2012 1:44 PM
CO2 bombs Gitagal 1 Sep 14, 2012 8:43 AM
Great article kwanjin 6 Sep 18, 2012 7:45 AM
another reason to not have a lawn... QueenThumb 1 Sep 18, 2012 7:47 AM
Mr. Mole jazzy1okc 5 Sep 19, 2012 12:05 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America