Clerodendrum

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

how exactly do you take successful Clerodendrum cuttings? some places say root suckers. other places say root cuttings in winter for good results. i'm thinking maybe someone on here has had success.

it's clerodendrum quadriloculare - although i would like the bleeding heart vine.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I just stick fresh cuttings in Miracle Gro and keep them wet, via the sprinkler system - they root for me.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

wow, that simple! so would this time of year be ok? because one website said winter cuttings are best.
thanks

This message was edited Dec 5, 2012 8:07 PM

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I stuck some about a month ago and they are rooted. I would think that in your zone, any time would work - keeping the medium moist, but not wet, will be a key factor. Place them in a shaded area. Come back and let us know of your success.

Sarasota, FL(Zone 9b)

I've also had success transplanting suckers of Clero. quadrioculare.

Mine will root its cuttings in plain water but not when the weather's cold. It's getting ready to bloom now, so it's a bad time to take cuttings.

Let's hope the weather stays warm enough for them to bloom! Last year was the first time mine has made it. Lost all its leaves for 4 months the 2 years before that.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

thanks for the help! because of the blooms, i might just wait until spring. but if i can get a sucker then i might be able to try it.
my neighbor's bush did drop everything, only being able to flower this last winter - like you said dyzzypyxxy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images