Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Top five winter-flowering shrubs: Winter flowering shrubs

Communities > Forums > Article: Top five winter-flowering shrubs
bookmark
Forum: Article: Top five winter-flowering shrubsReplies: 1, Views: 8
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tx_flower_child
Dallas, TX

December 4, 2012
3:39 PM

Post #9349856

I know, I know. I can use the database or google to find out more about these shrubs. Are any of them in the pictures within your article? I noted that you mentioned one was semi-evergreen. What about the others? Also, what zone are you growing these in? Thanks.
lortay
Navan
Ireland

December 5, 2012
3:28 PM

Post #9350745

Hi, good idea for a thread.
I agree that Yucca gives brilliant colour in Winter. I have one that is reaching it's 30th birthday. In damp and drizzly Ireland, I would include Lonicera nudiflorum (flowering outside my window), Viburnum x bodnatense 'Dawn' or 'Deben', Chaenomeles, which often flowers from December here; and of course, the incomparable Mahonia 'Charity'.
I am sure everyone has their own top 5.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Top five winter-flowering shrubs Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Winter shrubs/trees Nana51 0 Dec 10, 2012 8:43 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America