Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Sparkling Bottle Trees: an American craft: Wow!

Communities > Forums > Article: Sparkling Bottle Trees: an American craft
bookmark
Forum: Article: Sparkling Bottle Trees: an American craftReplies: 3, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tx_flower_child
Dallas, TX

December 4, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #9349952

I have been boring my friends for the past year or so by incessantly talking about bottle trees. Thanks for the history and for the wonderful pictures. I can probably scrounge up all the bottles I would need for a decent tree. I just don't know how to make the tree itself. (I'm not at all mechanically inclined, let alone handy.) I'll have to check out some of those links. I'm totally inspired now.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

December 4, 2012
5:27 PM

Post #9349960

Glad to be of service! Yes, there is GOBS of info out there, because everybody who has a tree -- or wants a tree -- has blogged about it. So those links are a good start, especially Felder Rushing's because he has actually thought really seriously about this.

I also don't think I included all the people who want to sell you a pre-fabricated tree, with or without bottles. But if you just search "buy bottle tree" you should have plenty of hits. Have fun!
tx_flower_child
Dallas, TX

December 4, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9349965

Dunno if you've ever been to Jackson's Garden Center in Dallas. It's near Love Field. They have 2 very small bottle trees (maybe 3 ft. tall) that they would like someone to buy for $65 each. That's just the price of the trees. Bottles are extra. If memory serves, and it doesn't always, I think the bottles were $5 each. I do like Jackson's for plants, but they also sell some very extravagant things.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

December 5, 2012
12:20 PM

Post #9350578

I haven't --we fly out of D/FW almost always, so don't really go that way often. But yeah, sounds about right. Read the comments; some people are talking about welding or using a dead tree. And maybe someone will buy their trees for $65!?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Sparkling Bottle Trees: an American craft Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Now that hard part... sallyg 5 Dec 5, 2012 12:21 PM
Learned something new nutsfordaylily 5 Nov 30, 2012 6:38 PM
my tree LouC 2 Nov 30, 2012 4:41 PM
Fascinating! growin 3 Nov 30, 2012 7:22 PM
Bottle tree singing missingrosie 5 Dec 5, 2012 9:45 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America