Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Garden Visitor: The Northern Cardinal: An enjoyable read!

Communities > Forums > Article: Garden Visitor: The Northern Cardinal
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garden Visitor: The Northern CardinalReplies: 3, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 5, 2012
5:40 AM

Post #9350252

Thank you Gwen for such informative article. Love those birds and their antics in the garden. If one provides feeder for birds, one can watch the male cardinals bringing their youngs to the feeder, feed them, and 'train' the fledglings to gather the seeds themselves. Mother birds occassionally help out on feeding their youngs as well. I have seen these parents brought brownhead cowbird adoptee to the feeder in the past. They've proven parental love is unconditional, lol. Sweet birds!

gwen21

gwen21
Gurnee, IL
(Zone 5b)

December 5, 2012
6:48 PM

Post #9350884

Thanks, Lily Love. Cardinals are among my favorites too. They are not only beautiful to look at but delightful to hear as well.
stellamarina
Laie, HI

December 6, 2012
6:28 PM

Post #9351778

Cardinals were introduced many years ago to Hawaii too...at least on our island of Oahu. I always enjoy seeing them in the garden and get a thrill to see the new babies showing up in the guava tree outside our window or at the feeder.

gwen21

gwen21
Gurnee, IL
(Zone 5b)

December 7, 2012
5:54 AM

Post #9352056

The cardinals must look beautiful among the tropical colors in Hawaii!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garden Visitor: The Northern Cardinal Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
They Love Peanuts hamptons 1 Dec 11, 2012 6:11 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America