My three latest pots!

Carlsbad, CA(Zone 10b)

I've been backed up getting glazing done and finally finished three pots last week. They were fired when I got to class today so I thought I'd share. These are the beginning of my new 'style' of making pieces that are simpler to glaze, as my tendency has been to make pieces with lots of details, flowers, butterflies, etc. Then I use lots of different colors and glazing takes me 5 - 10 hours for each piece.

I'm very happy with the two colored ones but the white one looks funny. I used a rounded fence post cap and pressed it in too far. But I figure when it gets planted they won't show as much. I've been dying to make one with extruded coils and finally got around to it and I'll be planting lithops in that one. The striped one is an Esther 'reproduction' as I call it, but with colors than I wanted to use together. I love her pots but could never afford one -http://www.estherstudios.com/pots.html

Thumbnail by Anniesfollies Thumbnail by Anniesfollies Thumbnail by Anniesfollies
Troy, OH

Ohhhhhh, I think they are all beautiful !!! Love the colors on the last one.

Union Grove, WI(Zone 5b)

Great Job! I've been busy making ornaments out of blown egg and shotgun shells for xmas gifts since my family is bored with pottery (as if :-)) so haven't made much pottery at home lately. The studio where I take classes has basically shut down but me and one other girl still go there one night a weeks for studio time but because there are no other students our stuff is piling up waiting for enough to fire the kiln. I think she's doing a bisque fire this week so should have some glazing to do.

Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA(Zone 9a)

All really nice! On the coil one, are the coils solid or hollow extruded? Love the quilty design, and it's something I have on my list of things to try. The glaze & color combination on your last one are really lovely.

Stafford, VA(Zone 7a)

Ilove ALL your pieces!!! They are so awesome!!!! I especially like the "golf" ball one!
Deb

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Beautiful,third one is my favorite.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Anniesfollies, Agreeing with ge1836 about the third one. Very special. So Handsome.

I am afraid I loaded everyone up with more pottery this year so I may get some frowns, though I did get a great wag from one of the dogs that I made a doggie treat jar for. I think she liked it a lot or at least what was in it. She was so excited that she opened it for Winter Solstice. Peace and Happy Holidays all. Patti

Stafford, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Patti!
Happy Winter Solstice! Isn't it great... the days will be getting longer now!

Happy Christmas, Merry New Year!!

Happy Potting!!!

Blessings,
Deb

Kellogg, ID

great pots!,wonderful designing!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images