Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Pottery, Clay and Ceramics: My three latest pots!

Communities > Forums > Pottery, Clay and Ceramics
bookmark
Forum: Pottery, Clay and CeramicsReplies: 8, Views: 110
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Anniesfollies
Carlsbad, CA
(Zone 10b)

December 5, 2012
7:19 PM

Post #9350921

I've been backed up getting glazing done and finally finished three pots last week. They were fired when I got to class today so I thought I'd share. These are the beginning of my new 'style' of making pieces that are simpler to glaze, as my tendency has been to make pieces with lots of details, flowers, butterflies, etc. Then I use lots of different colors and glazing takes me 5 - 10 hours for each piece.

I'm very happy with the two colored ones but the white one looks funny. I used a rounded fence post cap and pressed it in too far. But I figure when it gets planted they won't show as much. I've been dying to make one with extruded coils and finally got around to it and I'll be planting lithops in that one. The striped one is an Esther 'reproduction' as I call it, but with colors than I wanted to use together. I love her pots but could never afford one -http://www.estherstudios.com/pots.html

Thumbnail by Anniesfollies   Thumbnail by Anniesfollies   Thumbnail by Anniesfollies
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Luvmypond
Troy, OH

December 6, 2012
2:16 AM

Post #9351073

Ohhhhhh, I think they are all beautiful !!! Love the colors on the last one.
ItsMeChrissy
Union Grove, WI
(Zone 5b)

December 6, 2012
3:56 AM

Post #9351090

Great Job! I've been busy making ornaments out of blown egg and shotgun shells for xmas gifts since my family is bored with pottery (as if :-)) so haven't made much pottery at home lately. The studio where I take classes has basically shut down but me and one other girl still go there one night a weeks for studio time but because there are no other students our stuff is piling up waiting for enough to fire the kiln. I think she's doing a bisque fire this week so should have some glazing to do.
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

December 10, 2012
9:07 PM

Post #9355224

All really nice! On the coil one, are the coils solid or hollow extruded? Love the quilty design, and it's something I have on my list of things to try. The glaze & color combination on your last one are really lovely.
mommacat11
Stafford, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2012
9:58 AM

Post #9356399

Ilove ALL your pieces!!! They are so awesome!!!! I especially like the "golf" ball one!
Deb

ge1836

ge1836
Pittsford, NY
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2012
2:44 AM

Post #9365819

Beautiful,third one is my favorite.
bbrookrd
Nantucket, MA
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2012
9:37 AM

Post #9366055

Anniesfollies, Agreeing with ge1836 about the third one. Very special. So Handsome.

I am afraid I loaded everyone up with more pottery this year so I may get some frowns, though I did get a great wag from one of the dogs that I made a doggie treat jar for. I think she liked it a lot or at least what was in it. She was so excited that she opened it for Winter Solstice. Peace and Happy Holidays all. Patti
mommacat11
Stafford, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2012
11:17 AM

Post #9366127

Hi Patti!
Happy Winter Solstice! Isn't it great... the days will be getting longer now!

Happy Christmas, Merry New Year!!

Happy Potting!!!

Blessings,
Deb
bearsarecool
Kellogg, ID

January 9, 2013
2:02 PM

Post #9380279

great pots!,wonderful designing!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Pottery, Clay and Ceramics Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Kiln fired clay questions... WUVIE 144 Sep 1, 2009 3:13 PM
Claylovers' Topics: Bios / Work / Glazes / Firings, etc! #2 zenpotter 66 Jan 8, 2009 7:22 PM
Pottery,clay jcoats123 25 Jan 11, 2009 3:01 AM
Pottery,clay,ceramics,kilns, firing, sculpture, etc. jcoats123 192 Sep 10, 2009 7:52 PM
completed one pot jcoats123 6 Jun 23, 2013 9:02 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America