-
AuthorContent
Sparks42
Lexington, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2012
9:41 AM

Post #9351301

I am having trouble trying to get single spacing between lines when I hit enter. Its like I am, starting a new paragraph but I don't want the extra space. I have gone to line spacing and tried changing it there but I must be doing something wrong because I still get the extra space between lines. I shore would appreciate some advice ad help.
JoParrott
Richland, WA
(Zone 7b)

December 6, 2012
10:48 AM

Post #9351357

I have found that same problem- I would be interested in a solution-
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 6, 2012
11:32 AM

Post #9351384

My work has moved onto 2010 so I can't tell you the exact menu options to get there since they've changed, but hopefully if I explain this you can find where it is in the menus. Line spacing only affects spacing within a paragraph. When you hit enter, you're starting a new paragraph so what you need to do is to change the settings for space before and/or after paragraphs--if you don't want a space then you need to set space before & space after to 0. I think in 2007 that the space before/after paragraphs could be changed in the same place in the menu as the line spacing but I'm not positive. When you find the place for paragraph spacing, chances are you'll find that either in the "before paragraph" or "after paragraph" section it'll say 6 points (or maybe 12 or some other number). Change that to zero (make sure you check both before & after paragraph) and then when you hit enter it should just go down one line instead of leaving extra space.
Sparks42
Lexington, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2012
5:39 AM

Post #9352034

Thank you ecrane2, I did it by removing spacing after paragraph and beofre paragraph. It works fine, I wanted to make it default but didn't get that done.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America