Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Aussie brugmansias in December 2012

Communities > Forums > Australian and New Zealand Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Australian and New Zealand GardeningReplies: 91, Views: 1,230
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

December 6, 2012
2:41 PM

Post #9351571

OK, the new thread starts with the photo of the Angels Flight x Superspot seedling that Chrissy (inexplicably!) requested LOL Plus a few extras: Pink Sweetie, flowering up in the stratosphere. A white My Seuss x unknown seedling, showing the pretty tendrils that My Seuss seems to produce in its offspring. (The pod parent was misidentified as Dr Seuss, so now I'm calling it My Seuss to differentiate it from the real doctor, which Shaun has.) Another aurea seedling, almost certainly Golden Butter x one of my early brugs, nothing special here but GB does tend to produce yellow/seasonal orange offspring. (Unless paired with an equally strong brug, like OA, in which case you're just as likely to get a white.) Finally, the pink Aztec Gold (from memory, I'll have to recheck the tag; either AG or white suaveolens) seedling. This is as dark and lovely as it gets. Sadly, it goes floppy and bleached in the hot sun but at night, when the flower is fully matured, it flares open and takes on this pale pink colour.

This message was edited Dec 7, 2012 8:43 AM

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ   Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ   Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ   Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ   Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ
Click an image for an enlarged view.

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

December 6, 2012
2:42 PM

Post #9351574

BTW, we have come from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1288671/

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 6, 2012
4:45 PM

Post #9351666

Hi and thankyou cestrum ...awfully sorry, I meant pic 4, rushing nanna moment, but I like that one too :-)

Looks like it's all happening in your garden ...wonderful !
The weather here is darned lousy, yellow leaves everywhere on most plants (not just Brugs) looking just like Autumn, I think it is the sudden changes in temps, very hot then cold. Throw in the wind and there you have it.

Loving your Brugs ! and the Oleander too.

chrissy
cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

December 6, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9351796

Yeah, I was puzzled by your choice of photo, Chrissy :-) Anyway, here's a pic of that aurea (probably Golden Butter) seedling when it first opened, paler in colour but with longer tendrils before they curled back.
mavrice wrote:Hi All

Another plant has flowered for the first time this week. It is one of those smaller one from the the AuraXClementine. The others have been slightly nodding to almost hanging. This is distincly nodding. Have pollinated back to the pod mate with the double skirt - 2012G.

Maurice

As I posted in the old thread:
Fascinating, Maurice, that you not only have bred a double-yellow but that so many of your aurea seedlings seem to be dwarfs.
So many of our seedlings seems to be giants! You're onto a good trait there, a small plant that takes up less space and whose flowers can be readily reached. I wonder where that dwarf trait came from? Anyway, it's a valuable characteristic.

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ
Click the image for an enlarged view.

mavrice
Korumburra
Australia

December 6, 2012
8:01 PM

Post #9351868

I.ll load the pics again as some would have missed them

Thumbnail by mavrice   Thumbnail by mavrice   Thumbnail by mavrice   Thumbnail by mavrice   

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 8, 2012
12:58 AM

Post #9352762

Late ... great pics !
Exhausted, early night for me.
Potted and potted till I dropped :-) too hot.
Talk tomorrow !

chrissy

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 8, 2012
1:20 PM

Post #9353153

Morning everyone !

Heavy fog, so humid ...predicted storms so, I took these (not very good pics of a big load of buds on Melissa Amy, just in case they are smashed ) flush after flush on her and more buds with each flush.
Pictures are dark because of the fog. Hopefully the storm will spare her. 1)and 2).
Poor little D PnG ...the munchers got her, (grasshoppers everywhere). Look closely to see a friendly Ladybird not the dreaded 28 spotted one. 3) She lost some buds in the high wind but still has a few more, I can see she will be a heavy bearer in the future.Pretty little Fairy Brug she is .
4)

Have a great day (if you can) ! :-)

This message was edited Dec 9, 2012 8:57 AM

Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100   

77sunset
Merino
Australia

December 8, 2012
3:32 PM

Post #9353211

Not a lot going on here at the moment. The heat stopped all the brugs growing as they hid from the sun.
They are enjoying the cooler weather now for a day or two.

Mango Cornet is starting to open his flowers. He would look a lot nicer if the magpies didnt sit in the gum tree above him..
I have white splashed plants everywhere. Doesnt seem to bother the plants , they just dont look nice.
I love the birds around though, so just grin & bear.

Lots of kindy kids to pot up and babies still sprouting.
I have been trying to make some space where I can put more brugs in the ground, but the only place is out in the iris area which cops all the weather.
I do have brugs out there , but they are still small enough to not be damaged in the wind.
I am hoping the frost doesnt come in and burn them later.

Its never ending story of fitting them all around , but I love them so dont really mind .

Jean.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 9, 2012
12:25 AM

Post #9353425

We were almost blown away when the wind came in ...a huge drop in temperature.
Hope everyone's gardens are ok, we have trees down around the area. (Again).

It was so hot today and then BANG ...cold gale.
At least we will sleep better tonight, hopefully not too much damage out there.
Enjoy your evening everyone :-)

chrissy

*。*./ \ .˛* .˛.*.★* *★ 。*
˛. ( ̮)*˛*/.♫.♫\*˛.* ˛_Π_____. * ˛*
.( . . ) ˛./ '♫ ' \.˛*./______/~\*. ˛*.。˛* ˛. *。
*(...''.. ) *˛╬╬╬╬╬˛.|田田 |門|╬╬╬╬ .
"**"`"**"` "*"**"`"*

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 9, 2012
1:58 PM

Post #9353929

Good morning ...Melissa Amy survived ! a little pale due to the Camera flash. 1) 2) 3)
Cool grey and wet so far this morning (relief) :-)

A bit of damage due to the wind but it's mostly ok.

Shaun your baby has shucked off it's cork hat ...what a sturdy stem ! COOL ! :-) 4 ) 5)
If we are lucky jean may have her Mango Cornet blooms to look at later.

I hope everyone is going to have a happy and productive day !

chrissy

Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 9, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #9354078

Popped in to say thankyou for the seeds Jean (soaking)

The Senorita Rosada x GHA look fab.

The SR x FFA ...were a little deflated but hopefully will be good ...sometimes if they are very deflated they haven't enough energy to grow (fingers crossed they will be ok).

The BB x noid were empty and crumbled (may have been eaten or aborted) So sorry.
I am really looking forward to growing these out :-)

Thanks again
chrissy
SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 10, 2012
2:13 AM

Post #9354311

Hi there Guys i have been so bizzy and yesterday i went to Maurice's place @ Korumburra where he has many plants and also a friends garden where he grows them, i was flabigastered with how many plants he has there were about 80-100 at his own home in both front and back yards the plants he is pollinating he moves in to the shed where he believes they are protected. there is a skylight there i also think its a great idea for this purpose.
he also has in the works a shade house the whole width of his yard which is still in the process of being built.

I was there for about 5-6 hours talking and helping him out with a few things,
he mentioned that he has over 100 sanguinea all but probably 5-6 have CDV so i mentioned to him that he should keep those few if he wants the sanguinea's to work with he will only be keeping 1:::::::: which to my eye was Virus free and looked so fresh and lush compaired to all the other plants. I did not get a photo of this

he had many plants there were a few that were so distinct i did take pics of like
Brilliant Orange x.Red Hot Pink (2012z) which is a Yellow flower which was not in bloom at this time
all 3 pics are of this cross look at the shape of the leaves and how pubescent they are i really love the leaves of this one

i still have more to come but am heading to dinner BRB

Thumbnail by SolMan   Thumbnail by SolMan   Thumbnail by SolMan      

SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 10, 2012
3:05 AM

Post #9354324

This is a cross involving Clementine x.aurea it looks like a mutant
Maurice said that he has kept these as they have been growing this way since being germinated there are 3 seedlings all with very similar traits
1: left of the 3
2: centre
3: right of centre

another beautiful and interesting plants which also have not bloomed at this time

Thumbnail by SolMan   Thumbnail by SolMan   Thumbnail by SolMan      

SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 10, 2012
3:10 AM

Post #9354325

this is one that Jean wants it is Frosty Pink x.aurea a very well structured bloom i could not tell the fragrance as it was the middle of the day and the sun was shining
Pic :1

Brilliant Orange x.aurea pic 2,3,4

Thumbnail by SolMan   Thumbnail by SolMan   Thumbnail by SolMan   Thumbnail by SolMan   

SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 10, 2012
3:16 AM

Post #9354326

This is one that i really liked and saw from a distance the color is like that of Savoy Cabbage a blue/green color very fascinating indeed
Sacred Sunset x. S1 pic 1,2

and a lime /golden foliage cross
DPG x.S1 pic 3,4

i did take a number of plants and cuttings up to Maurice's place and he was very impressed with them.
at this time all of the above crosses are on my wish list i hope that im first in line for these varieties and the double yellow when he dose cuttings and thay have bloomed for him

Thank you for the day and the tour and talk about the Brugs
Shaun

This message was edited Dec 11, 2012 2:10 PM

Thumbnail by SolMan   Thumbnail by SolMan   Thumbnail by SolMan   Thumbnail by SolMan   

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

December 10, 2012
4:05 AM

Post #9354348

Very interesting, Shaun, it sounds as though you and Maurice had a mutually informative afternoon...
What was the S1 that DPG and Sacred Sunset were crossed with?

I've had the odd plant that puts out those skinny leaves, but they always grew normally after a while...I had assumed that it was insect damage because it was always the top growth, odd that the three Clementine x aurea seedlings would do the same thing and stay like it...
Thanks for the pics...
Dianne

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 10, 2012
4:53 AM

Post #9354371

A great Variety of leaves ...they can change as they mature, one of the fascinating things about these plants is the different leaves.

The blue green leaves remind me of Sugar Pink in colour, and they grow huge ! Very velvety.

It looks like you and Maurice have had a lot of fun ...surely whatever plant can influence us as much as these.
Indeed a productive day for you two.
Funny how we all end up suffering the Brug Nut Obsession Disorder :-) there must be magic fairy dust in their blooms.

brrrrrr it's cold !

G'night all ...how odd to be looking forward to a nice warm bed in Dec ???? what's up with that !

chrissy

This message was edited Dec 10, 2012 11:54 PM

Thumbnail by chrissy100

SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 10, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9354927

Dianne
S1 = frosty pink x.aurea
mavrice
Korumburra
Australia

December 10, 2012
3:35 PM

Post #9354977

Chrissie

Like the dwarfs from the same pod they have been in the ground since December 2010. They are only growing slowly. Your little beauties are doing fine. Do not take any notice of Shaun, you will get a cuting if you visit.

Cheers

Maurice

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 10, 2012
4:39 PM

Post #9355044

Good morning everyone, it is still cold and still damp.

I don't go visiting gardens Maurice :-) ...I am a homebody, unless there is some family thing or emergency. Besides too much to keep me busy here 24/7.
Love looking via pictures though.

Look at this sweet baby this morning, so very cute ! battered but beautiful ...Dwark Pink n Green glistening in the drizzle.
it's pink today :-)

My darling Melissa Amy surviving beautifully
Enjoy your day everyone !

chrissy

Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100

WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW
Australia

December 10, 2012
7:44 PM

Post #9355180

Chrissy, lovely to see your 'Melissa Amy', doing so well.

Your generosity in posting off generous sized plant material and information on your cvs is greatly appreciated.
Always P&D free material.
Always more than one lousy cutting!
Plants woman extraordinaire, Mrs. T! :)

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 11, 2012
1:00 AM

Post #9355275

I just had to share this ...so much fun !

Wayne I love to share the joy ...been doing it a long time now !
I can't write any book but hopefully people have benefited from the sharing :-)

Here it is ...what great fun !
Santa Gangnam style Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-iIeoLwfU2o

Enjoy the evening everyone ! pssst edited for spelling lol :-)

chrissy

This message was edited Dec 11, 2012 8:16 PM

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 11, 2012
2:03 PM

Post #9355752

How does that song go ???
I'm still standing yeh yeh yeh,
yes she is still standing ...and I love her ❤♫❤♫❤.*`*..♥☼♥.*`*.♫❤♫

Have a lovely day everyone !

mavrice
Korumburra
Australia

December 11, 2012
2:10 PM

Post #9355755

High Chrissy

What a beauty, is that TT?

The cutings are looking good. The ones with a few leaves still has them and more seen to be forming. Had a lively day with Shaun.

Maurice

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 11, 2012
3:06 PM

Post #9355790

This is T T

chrissy

mavrice
Korumburra
Australia

December 11, 2012
3:43 PM

Post #9355822

thanks Chrissy

maurice

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 11, 2012
8:29 PM

Post #9356015

Loving the Calender !
Your picture came up beautifully Dianne, Congratulations.

Best Calender ever ! Merry Christmas and Cheers to all involved !

Beautiful Job !

chrissy

Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100         

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

December 11, 2012
11:30 PM

Post #9356148

Thanks Chrissy...looking forward to it...
It certainly was an amazing journey.
Shaun, how is your fasciation going?
Mine grew at an incredible rate.
SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 12, 2012
2:50 AM

Post #9356171

The Callander I
Look great and I was thinking of getting one but I don't use them, while I have an iPod, iPhone & now iPad all with Callander and appointment area there

But I should get one to support BGI, I will always be a member here not like some others sites where you leave a comment and it takes a newbie to answer it befor any one else sees it 9 months later an I find them more self indulgent then BGI and the family I have found here also

Dianne the Fasciation is growing very slow and when it moves quicker ill post a pic but for now almost frozen in time
77sunset
Merino
Australia

December 12, 2012
1:02 PM

Post #9356515

Morning all. A bad day on the brug front here yesterday.
The sun and hot wind has burnt many of the brugs. The leaves are crispy toast.
Its surprising to see some right next to the burnt ones, with no damage at all.
Even most of the small seedling brugs are looking really great . I am going to definitely remove those Bergfeuer x aurea plants. They just completely shrivel in the sun.
Its no good me babying plants that are never going to be any good.
I am surprised at how weak they are considering they have aurea in them.
They do well in the cool weather but thats no good here. Every year they are ruined before they even Y .

Clementine has favored me with a few flowers. Still looking very scrunched. I am going to move her to the far corner of the yard . She is in disgrace.
Bucks Fizz is another that does absolutely nothing here. It is a favorite for the mites and has only ever put out one flower in all the time I have had it.
Another to go in the "bad"corner.

Better get out and water a few pots.
Dianne, your pic is so pretty on the calendar.
Jean.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 12, 2012
1:13 PM

Post #9356522

Sorry to hear about the damage Jean, Brugs don't like high heat (as specially if it is low humidity).
This crazy weather is stressing many plants out .

I have to go but I wanted to show you this video showing a ten Petal Points Brug (a double seedling).
Amazing stuff !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Hj2u0U7373c#!
I wonder what that cross was ?

Enjoy your day !

chrissy

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 12, 2012
1:17 PM

Post #9356526

OOPS ...I forgot to say,
Shaun I don't need a Calender either, I purchased this Calender because of the beautiful Brug pics, which are are of such quality that they will make stunning framed pictures.

chrissy

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

December 12, 2012
9:11 PM

Post #9356958

Poor Clementine, so beautiful and yet so fickle...into Jean's naughty corner for you.

This is something that I keep forgetting to ask, Buck's Fizz' perfume...unusual, not the Brug talc powder, but something bitey...I can almost taste it...initially it's lightly sweet then the bitey overwhelms you...a sort of citrus, but to me not pleasant...
I wouldn't like a lot of them in one place...
Any comments/opinions?

My calendar is here, so quick too.

Interesting clip, Chrissy.. I don't think that her's is the first though.
Here's her other clip...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKQQsat2MjY

Dianne.

WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW
Australia

December 13, 2012
12:58 AM

Post #9356994

The calender looks fab!

A new brug opened yesterday, 121212.
'Musketeer x 'Fernando' - seed from Allan Little.
Grown by me here at "Flora".
Curious in that it has up to ten tips on each bloom.
Second day today, some hint of blush in first bloom.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter   Thumbnail by WayneCarter   Thumbnail by WayneCarter   Thumbnail by WayneCarter   Thumbnail by WayneCarter

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 13, 2012
1:02 AM

Post #9356997

OMG ! love it Wayne ...can't wait until mine grow up !
Congratulations you two !
2012 the year of the Multi Tips ...loving it !

chrissy
boolarong204
Brisbane
Australia

December 13, 2012
1:31 AM

Post #9357000

Great seedling bloom Wayne. Have you feed it anything special to produce the multi petal tips? Fernando appears to produce good progeny so far! Hope it continues.

Allan..

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 13, 2012
1:37 AM

Post #9357002

Dianne I was so excited by Wayne's Pics that I forgot to say that I love Clementine's piercing, tingling nose twitching fragrance.
Like an expensive aftershave to my nose.
Scent is perceived differently by individuals. I do think Clementine's Winter fragrance is more delicious than the Summer scent.
Perhaps because our noses are looking for a stronger scent in Winter, you know, like some perfumes are better worn in Winter than Summer.

chrissy

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 13, 2012
1:38 AM

Post #9357003

Yes Allan it seems to be a great cross ! :-)
You must be thrilled !

chrissy
SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 13, 2012
2:29 AM

Post #9357009

Wayne this is a super stunning bloom and hope that it carries the trait to the next flush and if so that will be a great trait o carry on in new generations of seedlings
A congratulations is in order for both Wayne & Allen

This message was edited Dec 13, 2012 10:49 PM
77sunset
Merino
Australia

December 13, 2012
3:01 AM

Post #9357010

Very beautiful Wayne, I love it.
Certainly a lucky day for the two of you.
Jean.
WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW
Australia

December 13, 2012
10:40 AM

Post #9357310

Thanks all, and congratulations to you Allan. Yes Jean, a lucky day, 121212! :)
I am hoping that the slight pink blush in the first bloom colours up - shall soon find out... Just past 5;30

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 13, 2012
1:57 PM

Post #9357479

It may not darken in the heat Wayne, you may have to wait until Autumn for the real colour, I like it just the way it is !

I must rush off to work so hi and bye to all our lovely Brug Nuts !
Big heat coming so stay cool !

chrissy
WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW
Australia

December 13, 2012
8:40 PM

Post #9357753

We will wait and see.
SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 14, 2012
2:29 AM

Post #9357827

On Thursday the weather was up in the mid 30's by 3pm the temp dropped and the rains came the rain has been here ever since
It's been nice in the garden with the rain trinkeling down on all of the plants and flowers, I have many plants with buds on but am vey excited about Pink Knight it has Y and has a few buds on it
I would love to thank Alistair again for the beautiful soft double pink

Jean I still have the Bergfeuer x.aurea and have placed it in the back outside yard for it todo as it pleases I will not cut it back and let it do what it needs to to beta bloom on it

Shaun

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 14, 2012
3:02 AM

Post #9357832

Looking forward to seeing your Pink Knight bloom Shaun, how exciting.
Haven't had time to do anything in the garden today ...it was quite warm and muggy.
I watered very early ...Melissa Amy was still doing her thing, Heart of Gold is in bloom, Buck's Fizz, and the plain Shoot that I grew from Maya has a bloom on it, looks just the same as Maya and Axelrose of course, but it is over 6ft tall now. Fifi is starting up, Love Potion no Nine is full of buds just opening ...many buds coming on lots of plants, hopefully the heat won't get them.
A very very exciting but busy time of the year for all of us.

chrissy

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 14, 2012
11:55 AM

Post #9358176

Too sad to chat today ...awful tragedy over the pond,
we can't discuss current news, I am sure you all know about it.
Our thoughts and prayers to those poor people over there.

chrissy

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

December 14, 2012
3:38 PM

Post #9358363

Wayne and Allan...congratulations...that is something very special if it keeps all of those petal tips...
It would be pretty if it turned pink, but it's quite lovely as it is...

Wayne are there many other buds on the bush? from the pics it seems to have quite a flush going for a first time flowering...

The hot days were too much for my A.swingtime x A.exotic buds they fell off,,,at least I know that they were doubles, so that's something to look forward too.
Dianne.
WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW
Australia

December 14, 2012
7:02 PM

Post #9358478

Sorry to hear of your bud drop Dianne - we look forward to these new ones so much.

Thanks for your kind comment. Quite a large first flush for a pot grown plant. There is a follow on flush there.
No sign of "blushing" up - my wishful imagination! :)

W.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 16, 2012
2:43 PM

Post #9360058

Good morning all,
yes sorry to hear about the bud drop Dianne, same here we hit 42C here yesterday ...lots of crispy bits out there, leaf burn etc, it is quite cool here this morning but muggy of course.

I love your double just as it is Wayne, it may change in another season of course.

Well here is Bengal Tiger who somehow laps up the heat, the wind has knocked him around a bit but you can see the subtle orange sherbet colour creeping into the bloom. A very interesting and different kind of bloom,quite large. 1) 2)

Love Potion no 9 had a huge flush, sadly mostly cooked, it is usually very long lasting but the day was a killer. 3) what a shame. I love it.

This is a no name seedling, way up in the sky blowing around. 4) a bit cooked but still sporting some blooms in tact.

I think today will be kinder so lots to do.
Enjoy your day everyone !

chrissy

Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100   

SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 16, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #9360115

good morning Every one.
chrissy tho there has been a lot of heat and high temps your babies still seem to put on a great show i like the pastel colors on BT.

Dianne now the weather is a bit cooler the buds left on the plants will move quickly to give you a show, sorry about the bud fall in the last few days the weather here in east of Melbourne was the same as Geelong.

I have plants with budds & 'Y' all over the place now waiting game for the blooms hope we dont get that dreaded 40oC days again they almost killed me ""hahahah"" i have snowcone, Iced Lemon, Pink Knight, Red Hot Pink,aurea's DRC, Angel Flight, a few Colchester road plants all ready to show off in the next week or 2 i really hope by Christmas that will be an amazing look in my Back yard and may get me in the mood for that dan day which i don't really like.

just a little story, gil went to help his Nephew (Tony) to move a fridge to his niece place and while there noticed a Brugmansia in the back yard and asked a few questions as Gil thought it was probably a plant that was there before he moved in,
NO he is also very interested in the Angel Trumpets and has a small collection of them, the one that gil noticed was 'Knightii' which he calls double white thats ok for those not in the Know. so gil told his Tony to go talk to Shaun as he is a collector and breeder, As he is a molecular biologist which can make me look like a right twit if he applies his knowledge to this field, so ill be interested in knkowing what he has and what he is planing to do also

just an interesting gaff

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

December 16, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9360250

Thanks for the encouragement re my A.swingtime x A. exotic buds...there are a few coming so we might see one before Autumn...

Shaun, the Christmas forecast is horrible, hot, hot, hot...
So anything new with buds on, I have tucked under the verandah...unfortunately some are just too tall...so we'll have to wait...
Everyone seems to be in the same boat with the upside down weather this year...Roll on Autumn.

Gil's nephew Tony may become one of us, Shaun...

I have to show you my 2 verge bargains..there they were, just sitting on the nature strip waiting for me to pick them up...
I love old wooden chairs around the garden for the pots, normally I would paint them, but these I will leave as is, because they are under cover.

Dianne

Thumbnail by Seachanger   Thumbnail by Seachanger         

mavrice
Korumburra
Australia

December 17, 2012
7:17 AM

Post #9360523

In 2009 I tried some pollination of Aurea & Frosty Pink, and there has been some discussion on the thread in relation to that. In that year I bought a few others and one of them was Clementine. One successful pollination was Aurea (pollen) & Clementine (Pod). Though there was only one pod, there was a range of outcomes in terms of plants. Some of those have already been on the thread, but I am here, attempting a comprehensive description of the outcomes. Both parents were yellow and all blossoms were yellow. I would be interested in any comments.

1. The first plant to flower is pic 1. When it opened it was a nodding dropped skirt yellow with no lips and very little whiskers. The plant was about 1.8 metres high. (see fig 1),There were three of this formation pics attached

Thumbnail by mavrice   Thumbnail by mavrice   Thumbnail by mavrice      

WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW
Australia

December 17, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9360690

Good to see your 'Clementine' crosses Maurice. Do any of them have a scent? 'Clementine' has a great fragrance.

Cestrum, here is an early Christmas present for you!
This is the second seedling to bloom here of your 'Knightii' x 'Old Apricot' cross.
This bloom is much larger than the first and has a slightly sweet fragrance. The foliage is very healthy and small in size with the felty texture of 'Knightii'.

Plant number 1 is also out, second flush, so easy to compare. Number 2 is by far a better bloom. These pics are all of no.2

Thumbnail by WayneCarter   Thumbnail by WayneCarter   Thumbnail by WayneCarter   Thumbnail by WayneCarter   Thumbnail by WayneCarter

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 17, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9360793

How lovely to see doubles arriving out of Knightii,
Congratulations cestrum and Wayne ...the pics remind me of Hawaiian Double to look at.
Thankyou Wayne for letting us view these seedling results, maybe breed back to OA to grab some more colour.
Though I must say I really enjoy the double whites (personal taste).

Maurice the results for the Clementine crosses are interesting too they look like Clementine quite a bit, perhaps more petal tip length, I hope they retain the perfume too.

Gosh Shaun how do you manage to stumble into so many more Brug gardens :-) I am sure there will be many more interesting adventures for you to report back on. All your seeds Aurea (form ) x Culebra are up ! how cool is that ?

Dianne nice score !, unfortunately the big heat is on it's way for Christmas, but remember Autumn is just over 2 months away, that isn't long the way time is rushing past, so never mind. Fingers crossed for more blooms before then but sometimes in this heat the blooms are stressed and do not give a true picture. Frustrating though, I know.

Must rush ...have a lovely day everyone !

chrissy
SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 17, 2012
12:59 PM

Post #9360809

Maurice the 'Clementine' x.aurea is cute i can not mention anything about it as i don't have 'Clementine' in bloom or seen it in True but if it's constant with the doubles and don't have the deformity that 'Clementine' often has it could be an improvement.

Wayne & Cestrum these 'Knighhtii' x.'Old Apricot' are real stunner and a big improvement to that of 'Knightii' Congrats to both and as chrissy said looks a bit like that of HD

Chrissy its great to see the seedlings up i have 9/15 up and already in 3" pots so they will be heading out side next week to see there cousins in the seedling trays.
there are alot of Brug nuts out there i have found one in Geelong also a newbie but not sure of his agenda, i have sold this week 12 plants via EBay so a bizy week here sending them out.

I have had nothing but scattered blooms all till now and as Dianne mentioned there is a long hot week coming so i could loose all those buds im waiting on but i hope mother nature holds of a little longer

Have a great day all and be safe
77sunset
Merino
Australia

December 17, 2012
1:03 PM

Post #9360812

Nothing much going on here .
Mango Cornet is blooming and BB is putting out more buds, but half the leaves have fallen off all the big brugs.
All down to stress from the weird weather and the mit attacks.

The smaller seedlings are growing well after the rain . I moved all the coldies to the shade under the ash tree so they are looking much better. Plenty of Ys on the sangs but not a bud in sight. Maybe later in the autumn. .

I am going to put a few more brugs out in the vegie garden. The ones already there are coping well with the weather. winter cold will get them but they are going to lose leaves anyway where ever they are in winter.

I am hoping for buds on my lovely Senorita again. Clementine is... well, just being Clementine... mutant flowers but gorgeous perfume.

I have lots of new seeds up, but many not sprouting at all.
Oh well , less to look after..
Going out to enjoy the sun.
Jean.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 17, 2012
1:57 PM

Post #9360846

I took a few quick pics because the awful heat is coming back, nothing special but at least some are out and defying the weather.

Here they are battered, a little frizzled but I love my beautiful Brugs ! (sorry quality is not the best-weird light). High flash levels.

Good luck with your buds Jean - I have seeds popping up now that I planted months ago and gave up on.So don't give up.

Congratulations on your Ebay sales Shaun.

Better hurry up before the Big heat, I have watered early but need to do some potting on so bye for now, and like Shaun said be safe.

chrissy

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

December 17, 2012
8:59 PM

Post #9361145

Here is my Dorthea x Sam seedling, I think it's one that you gave me Allan...I will double check later...
It was burnt on the hot day last week and it lost it's petal tips on one side but the other side is growing well...
The 4th pic is of one of it's buds, it must have seen the fasciated one going around, so it's decided to do the same...

Look at the lovely fat, fingers on Buck's Fizz, it will be a massive flush, it's like this all over.
they will probably be fried too.

Dianne

Thumbnail by Seachanger   Thumbnail by Seachanger   Thumbnail by Seachanger   Thumbnail by Seachanger   Thumbnail by Seachanger

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 18, 2012
11:45 AM

Post #9361547

Good luck with that one Dianne, it reminds me of how Melissa Amy starts, nose up in the air just like that.
Looking forward to seeing how it looks when it is happy.

Yes The Bucks Fizz is so a great Brug isn't it ?
Gotta rush ...back later.

Have a great day everyone (ugh the heat whew !)

chrissy
SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 18, 2012
2:47 PM

Post #9361674

Chrissy, Bengal Tiger looks really great dose it have loads of blooms?

Dainne, that is an interesting trait that Dorthea x.sam carries but just like all brugs its going to relax, Buck's Fizz looks fully loaded and ready to show off in the next few days
Good luck with that

with that said im off to get another trailer load of potting mix

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 18, 2012
7:38 PM

Post #9361904

Bengal Tiger had a lot of buds, some dropped in the 42C winds ...the previous flush was very good.
It is a plant I only shared with Mya because it has strange leaves, almost like rubber.
I have had it quite a few years now, sent to me by Alistair back in 2007. It came from up North I suppose, since I see it on that site.
Nothing much happening out there ...the air is very heavy right now, I think a storm is coming.
Found this starting up, a pale smokey lavender color.
I need to hack it back like Jean says as it is about 9ft tall.

chrissy

Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100   Thumbnail by chrissy100      

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

December 18, 2012
9:39 PM

Post #9361967

That Iochroma is lovely Chrissy, such a delicate shade...

I expected some pink to show up on my D x S seedling, but it's still yellow and too tall to sniff...
Dianne.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 19, 2012
1:03 PM

Post #9362427

Yes I love it ...it came from Jean as a tiny seedling , so nice to see them coming into favour.

Well it will be (already is) a stinker today weather wise.
Had a quick wonder around early this morning, hard to find happy Angels right now, most don't like this heat.
These said hello :-)

Have a lovely day !
How many sleeps ?

chrissy

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 19, 2012
1:07 PM

Post #9362431

Oops two I forgot !
these two really compliment each other (thanks cestrum ) pic one.
T T does not seem to worry too much about heat, though she lost some buds in the 42C wind the other day.

stay cool !

chrissy

boolarong204
Brisbane
Australia

December 19, 2012
3:41 PM

Post #9362523

Dianne.. I am looking forward to more photos of your D X S. Sam is reputed to carry good genes so hope this proves correct for you.
Jean, I hope you are able to get rid of the dreaded broadmites. I have been using a new spray for mites with very good success. It is an Amgrow product called "Insect and Mite systemic insecticide" The active ingredient is 100g/L Dimethoate.
How many sleeps Chrissy?? (1) to the start of the end of the world as we know it(Maya calendar) OR (5) sleeps to Christmas!!

Allan..

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 19, 2012
3:57 PM

Post #9362535

Ha ha ha I forgot about that ...I wonder if Australia goes first !
(',')

_// _

Oh Well, no I want to see how our babies turn out.
I meant Christmas :-)

Thumbnail by chrissy100

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 20, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9363491

Hi to all our lovely Brug nuts out there, too busy to even look for a flower today.
I hope everyone is starting to get a little winding down and ready for the Christmas Break.

Happy Brugging !
and Happy Christmas !

★*˚。*。*。★*˚。*。˚★*˚。*。*★*˚。*。*★
_██_*˚。/ ♥ \*˚。*。*★*˚。*。*★*˚。*。*★
. ( ̮)*.。*/♫.♫\*˛.*˛_Π_____*˚。*。*❤*˚。*。*★
.( . . ) ˛./ '♫ ' \.˛*./______/~\*˚。*。**❤ ˚*★
*(...''.. ) *˛╬╬╬╬╬˛.|田田❤|門|╬╬╬╬╬*˚。*。*

chrissy
Gena1234
Cairns
Australia

December 20, 2012
8:22 PM

Post #9363537

Happy Christmas to all.

Gena
be happy, have safe fun, Happy growing, to hot here for anything, the sun is burny.
SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 23, 2012
2:56 AM

Post #9365216

Its Sunday night after a very hot day about 37oC all the plants seem to have come throw ok from the last 2 days
I'm finding that Iced Lemon is coming throw very well and not loosing buds even tho its in a pot in front of a glass window, should have a pic soon of this one,

Currant pics
1,2 Frosty Pink
3 Datura 'La Fleur Lilac'
4,5 Aztec Gold

I hope that every one survived the heat and the Brugs also

Thumbnail by SolMan   Thumbnail by SolMan   Thumbnail by SolMan   Thumbnail by SolMan   Thumbnail by SolMan

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 23, 2012
2:22 PM

Post #9365544

Christmas Eve ...Have a good one everybody, had to share this because it looks so cool and peaceful,

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4390137546312&set=vb.102299973146519&type=3&theater

chrissy
mavrice
Korumburra
Australia

December 23, 2012
4:21 PM

Post #9365613

Hi All Merry Christmas, its been great to meet you all. Have 7 pods set, out of about 30 attempts. Chrissy, I have Bengal Tiger, which flowered last year with two rounds, will send pics later from the old computer. It seemed to need plenty of heat, so I crossed with aurea and planted out ten plants, that seem to b e forking. Will keep all posted. Am asking for suggestions for naming S1. Is there a procedure to follow? It is frosty Pink pod and aurea pollen. I have about 50 seedlings where it has been crossed to pink and yellow.

Cheers again

Maurice

Thumbnail by mavrice   Thumbnail by mavrice         

77sunset
Merino
Australia

December 23, 2012
9:28 PM

Post #9365759

A very Happy Christmas and a New Year full of brugs for everyone.. ...

Maurice , your blooms are so lovely.
With names...
I would only name something that seems worthy of keeping with lots of good traits.
Pick your best and have a good look at them.
I find that names will sometimes come to you while you are looking at the special ones.
Maybe a color or shape may suggest a name.
Your S1 flower looks like an iced lemon ...
Check on BGI etc before you name anything in case the name is already out there.
I only name my best plants and its usually so I know which plant I am talking about .
Jean.
mavrice
Korumburra
Australia

December 23, 2012
10:54 PM

Post #9365774

Hi Chrissy

I included the bengal tiger in the previous post. It is the one on the left. They eventually went yellow, but did not seem to have much structure. A bit like a wet hankie.

I assumed that it preferred a warmer climate so that was what prompted me to toughen it up with aurea.

I cant see too well on the computer for the time being,

Cheers

Maurice
SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 23, 2012
11:18 PM

Post #9365777

Maurice, thanks for the pics there great and full of blooms
I would also suggest that if naming a plant it should carry traits that are superior to that of ant other plant you have or seen
The best of the best are what should be registered because if every pant was registered there would be no names left.
Your doing very well with the plants which you have and sure will have many plants to name in the future.
I also would look at both BGI & IBrug to see if a name has been issued of what you may want to call it but it can be a very personal name ie: Fire Fighter Angel via Chrissy in reference to the bush fires that occurred around the day the plant bloomed and in Horner

Shaun

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 24, 2012
4:48 AM

Post #9365869

15 minutes to Christmas ...more Brug chat after Christmas,
have a wonderful break everyone and Merry Christmas :-)
Have a Beaut time.

chrissy

Thumbnail by chrissy100

77sunset
Merino
Australia

December 25, 2012
1:34 PM

Post #9366881

Hello all. I hope you are all enjoying a lovely Christmas holiday.

We had our Christmas lunch in Portland Gardens yesterday. We had the gardens to ourselves and I enjoyed looking around at all the plants.
I took pics of the few brugs there.
Sadly the old sanguinea is no more.

The original old double white ( planted back in the late 1800s ) is looking much healthier than last time I saw it.
I had a good look at it and it is definitely a knightii.
The other three are all similar but no flowers were out so I couldnt see if they were knightiis too.
I was told last time I was there that one is a different color. One of these days , I will be there at the right time to see the flowers open.
By the look and feel of the leaves, I would say they are all knightii.

I did catch a small piece of each as they "fell off ", so will see how they do here.

pic 1 is the base of the old tree. It is about 3 foot wide and 2 foot across. Very , very thick and has been cut back many times.

pic 2 is the rest of the tree, looking very healthy.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset   Thumbnail by 77sunset         

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

December 25, 2012
3:38 PM

Post #9366962

Jean, you can almost feel the velvet on the leaves in your pic, isn't it wonderful how Knightii is so unique..
Please post that stump pic on BGI, I'm sure that the members there would find it fascinating. I do.
Not many people would have seen such an old timer...
Dianne.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 25, 2012
4:54 PM

Post #9367004

Wow just look at the trunk of that Knightii ...what a sight, I agree with Dianne.

Glad you had a lovely day Jean ...I hope everyone did.
It's wet outside, we have had such nice cool wet days yesterday and today ...what a great Christmas present. :-)

I hope you are all resting up and getting ready to welcome 2013, to be honest I am a bit nervous because it has a 13 in it.
It adds up to 5 altogether so it should be ok.
Fingers crossed anyway for a great New Year ahead.

Meanwhile Happy Boxing Day.

chrissy

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 26, 2012
3:17 PM

Post #9367796

Coolish and dampish this morning ...Sun trying to peek out of the greyness, heat coming (they reckon anyway) so off back outside before either the heat or the rain pushes me back inside.

Enjoy your day everyone :-)

chrissy

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 28, 2012
3:32 PM

Post #9369329

So muggy but not too hot ...been re potting more babies this morning, Shaun your Aurea form x Culebra are big strong kids, will repot pot them over the next couple of days. All the babies are doing very well. Once I repot I will post pics.

I don't expect any real flushes for at least another month, after the big heat the other day most of the blooms were cooked, it may even be Autumn but as I said before, that is only two months away.

Dianne has posted some lovely flushes on BGI, the weather must be good there now, thank goodness it's good somewhere.
This was the first Christmas ever to have closed doors because it was cold. WOW. Not that I mind but the poor plants suffer such extremes.

Enjoy your weekend everyone, it's the last weekend of 2012 ! so kiss it goodbye ! with a bang :-)

chrissy

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

December 28, 2012
5:37 PM

Post #9369422

Sorry to say Chrissy, the weather is so inconsistant here...lots of buds on new seedlings, but 39c forecast for Friday, so disappointing...
The white double that I've been waiting on, is so battered that it has lost all of it's petal tips...still it should open before Friday...lots more buds of course, but it's the waiting...
I've repotted a few babies this morning and had the task of culling a lot of them, not the OS ones but all of my crosses.
All the GHA, Ivoire, Angioletto and RFP crosses have been so vigorous and uniform in their growth that I had no choice, I just can't keep so many...I just had to take out every second one, I still have a lot so possibly another cull later one will be necessary..unfortunately...

GHA hasn't flowered yet and OA has only had a couple...but PP, Buck's Fizz, Bruce's Pink, Clementine, Maya, RFP, Tantra and Knightii are flowering well.
Ivoire is just starting to flush again...but the flowers are still smaller than last year...

Shaun how are you coping with all the seedlings that you grew?
Dianne
77sunset
Merino
Australia

December 28, 2012
8:11 PM

Post #9369517

Dianne, what are you doing to GHA ? He should have flowered by now. Did you insult him in any way. He does like being talked to as you garden around him.

I just moved all the primary kids to the shadehouse to make more room for the kindy kids .

My GHA has stopped sulking and is a mass of buds.
He just didnt like all the creepy spider mites on him.
Its funny how they never touched any of the aureas for a few years then suddenly jumped on them. Even the red Iochroma . It was so bad I cut it right back. The purple Iochroma is so lush and not a mite in site on it.

No sign of any buds on anything else. I am sure it is the mites. The plants just dont like spidery things on them. I dont blame them, nor do I.

Jean.

SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 28, 2012
10:43 PM

Post #9369569

Dianne all the seedlings are almost planted in to 10-12" pots now and there is only a few trays left the place I have placed the recent ones have about 5 hours of sunlight per day but are not in shade other then the sun moving over the house on the west side
All the EU & US seedlings are done now its mine that need to be potted up.

I have many plants with buds and many others with mites I have been hitting them all with different mixes soapy water, neem oil, chemical sprays, and just molasses so its working in my mind any ways so if it keeps up ill have to cut many plants back and go with out blooms this year.
I was told that we in Melbourne will have a week of over 30oC and that's not so good for the plants or the babies,
I have plenty of seed to sow but I just don't have room for them at this point of time

WHAT TO DO.?????

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 29, 2012
2:13 PM

Post #9370039

Morning everyone ...the drizzle has driven me in from the garden, isn't it always the way ?, when you have a bit of time the weather may not want what you want.

I don't seem to get those mite things here, so I don't know what to tell you except that some growers from over the pond strip the leaves off so the mites give up and go away. BUT I would be a bit scared of doing that because the I think on the hottest day the trunks or at least the thinner growth may cook in our intense heat. Best ask the experts.Or look it up in the Brug Bible.
I think most of us are in a similar situation re seeds and seedlings Shaun ...who would have dreamed such a thing 4/5 years ago huh ? :-)

Our big heat is coming too, expecting over 42 C next week OUCH ! from cool drizzle to that, no wonder the plants are not happy.
That last 42C did quite a bit of leaf burn and cooked buds and blooms. Most of mine are without shelter. The Hot wind is the most awful thing of course followed by the cold one that follows it.
What can you do but ride it out.

Well I hope we can all find some kinder weather pretty quickly because time is racing away.
Better go be domestic ...more friends popping in for afternoon tea.

Enjoy your Sunday

chrissy

77sunset
Merino
Australia

December 29, 2012
7:58 PM

Post #9370227

Chrissy, I am finding that the mite affected leaves go yellow and fall off by themselves.
It does leave some brugs looking a bit bald, but if its what they do , one cant stop them .
I notice that lots of new growth quickly follows anyway.
GHA is now covered in buds all along the branches at every possible node with leaves starting.
Isnt it wonderful how a plant just knows what to do and when. No way he was going to set any buds while the mites were so active. My spraying is keeping them down or totally gone on most.
Now all I need is something else to flower so I can get pollen for pollinating some of his flowers.

Jean.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 30, 2012
12:33 PM

Post #9370672

We are about to say goodbye to 2012,
all the best Brug Nuts, may 2013 bring hundreds of delicious new Brug babies and lots of Happiness and Good Health to everyone, everywhere.

Cheers !

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

chrissy

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

December 30, 2012
12:43 PM

Post #9370680

Ditto to all that Chrissy said...
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone...

Dianne.
77sunset
Merino
Australia

December 30, 2012
12:59 PM

Post #9370690

❃ ❂ ❁ ❀ HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE ❃ ❂ ❁ ❀

I hope you all enjoy your celebrations for the new Year. Stay safe and drive carefully if going out.

Jean.
SolMan
Croydon
Australia
(Zone 9a)

December 30, 2012
1:07 PM

Post #9370695

Happy New Year
Hope to see all over the other side of 2012 in 2013
keep well get drunk and Party
dont drink and drive but have fun

Shaun
Gena1234
Cairns
Australia

December 30, 2012
5:49 PM

Post #9370874

Happy New Year to all have fun.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

December 31, 2012
2:15 PM

Post #9371593

At an expected 40C today ...I am staying inside under a fan in the bedroom. I love tropical things but not the Tropical Heat.
I hope everyone had a great night ...

I will pop in when the weather is more civil (me too-unhappy in high temps).

Wearily watching bumps appearing in the cups I planted coldies in ...I can't see how they may really be germinating in this heat (I do have them in shade) ... must be nuts- LOL even to try ...guess we don't call ourselves brug nuts for nothing.

Have a great one everyone !
Welcome to 2013- fasten your seat belts !

chrissy

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

January 1, 2013
4:52 PM

Post #9372651

So we waved goodbye to 2012 ...here comes 2013 !

Walk this way (or crawl if you are tuckered out from all the partying and heat :-) )

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292531/

chrissy

Thumbnail by chrissy100

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Australian and New Zealand Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the new Australian Gardening forum Terry 28 Oct 21, 2009 10:20 AM
Where are you in AU . holty 219 Aug 22, 2014 8:21 PM
soap tree aka 'Sapindus Mukorossis' is it available in aus'? gardenlen 15 Jul 18, 2013 2:22 AM
bromeliad-blanchetiana ? boofhead 7 Dec 30, 2011 7:42 PM
What you don`t want to see in your garden. ginger749 93 Sep 5, 2007 9:05 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America