Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Plant Trading: Wanted: Yellow Christmas Cactus

Communities > Forums > Plant Trading
bookmark
Forum: Plant TradingReplies: 10, Views: 220
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Larkie

Larkie
Camilla, GA
(Zone 8a)

December 7, 2012
12:55 PM

Post #9352361

Would anyone have any yellow to trade for two colors of pink> I have a bright fuchsia, and another brighter pink.. Colors below on pics.. Thanks..

Larkie

Thumbnail by Larkie   Thumbnail by Larkie
Click an image for an enlarged view.

KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 7, 2012
1:06 PM

Post #9352368

Larkie, check your Lowe's - ours has lots of yellow ones for $3.98/qt. pot.

Larkie

Larkie
Camilla, GA
(Zone 8a)

December 7, 2012
1:28 PM

Post #9352392

Thanks, I will. As soon as I can get to one.. Nearest is 35 miles from me..

Larkie
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 7, 2012
2:04 PM

Post #9352433

You might want to call them first - they may not have gotten that color. Our Home Depot got all the colors but yellow.

Larkie

Larkie
Camilla, GA
(Zone 8a)

December 7, 2012
2:05 PM

Post #9352435

Thanks.. Will get my daughter to check there for me.. She's a lot closer.
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 9, 2012
5:13 AM

Post #9353479

Larkie,
when you say yellow...do you mean this one? I don't think there is a 'yellow'. I ordered one once that said it was 'yellow" and it turned out to be the same color as the one below. Mine are blooming now...once they are done, if you wanted the one below...I could send you a cutting.

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Larkie

Larkie
Camilla, GA
(Zone 8a)

December 9, 2012
8:02 AM

Post #9353592

The one I used to have had a lot more yellow to it than that one.. It did fade to very light as the bloom aged, but it was yellow with a slight coral around the edges.. When your's is finished blooming please let me know and I will send postage.. I would still love a cutting to any that are different than mine. I once had all colors and let them get killed one year when my back just did no cooperate for winter plants coming in, lol.. Trying to get some back.. I also had a bright tangerine orange that I have never seen again. Just let me know when ready.. Thanks..

Larkie

DavidofDeLand

DavidofDeLand
DeLand, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 12, 2013
4:37 AM

Post #9382539

Hey Larkie,

I know excactly the one you are talking about. My Grandmother used to have the most incredible yellow (really truly bright yellow ) Christmas cactus! I have been looking for years, and everytime someone is selling what they call yellow on the net, it is the one that GAgirl has offered a cutting of. ( that was really nice GAgirl ) They were selling yellow at Lowes last year and when it opened it was kind of tan with yellowish highlights and pinkish too? When I tell my gardening friends about the yellow some of them think I'm dreaming...Ha! If you EVER find one let me know!

David
hostages
Wyoming, MN

January 12, 2013
7:15 AM

Post #9382640

David

Around here there is a floral place called Bachmanns, About three years ago they had some beautiful yellow and coral orange Christmas cactus. I have looked for them since that time but have not been able to find them anywhere.The orange one which I did purchase is called Beach Dancer. I believe the yellow was also a "dancer" of some sort.

Gary

Larkie

Larkie
Camilla, GA
(Zone 8a)

January 12, 2013
9:14 AM

Post #9382740

Sure thing David, I am always on the look out for one..Still no luck.This was a bright yellow. I have the one you are talking about and it is pretty, just not real yellow, lol..

Larkie

JBerger

JBerger
Wrightstown, NJ
(Zone 7a)

January 18, 2013
1:32 PM

Post #9389375

Thought I would drop in here and see if I could be of help to you. I have 2 yellow Christmas Cactus stock plants. One the pale yellow I purchased from Hertz years ago. I have been selling the starters in 3" pots for the past couple of years. The flowers are really a pale yellow, but they are yellow. I will try and show you some of the shots I have of them.

I have two plants that are marked Yellow. You can see the difference. The first and the third are the same plant and those flowers have an orangish look to them. The second and the fourth are the same plant and they are more on the yellow side. It is really difficult to find a pure yellow. Most of the hybrids have some white or pink in them and it begins to show as the plants mature. Really is disturbing. You would think yellow would be an easy color to reproduce.

I am not shipping now because it is too cold, but, if anyone wants to trade when it warms up please feel free to get in touch with me. Have a nice Winter.

Thumbnail by JBerger   Thumbnail by JBerger   Thumbnail by JBerger   Thumbnail by JBerger   
Click an image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Plant Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
have colts foot and a goldenseal bloomingidiot 5 May 29, 2009 7:56 PM
Crocosmia Zanymuse 17 Oct 25, 2007 1:37 AM
CLOSED: Yucca? Melissa_Ohio 8 Apr 6, 2008 3:43 PM
hardy glad bulbs and small yucca plants catbirdsue 8 Apr 5, 2008 11:40 PM
Wanted : Tri color Strawberry Begonia,Blue Sky Flower MsCritterkeeper 18 Feb 23, 2009 11:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America