Once again, Bill the caladium guy is back with his special discount for DG people - 15% off. His bulbs are the best. In the past I've tried them from other places but there is no comparison to Bill's offerings.
1. Red Flash (mammoth sized bulb) planted in a pot inside of a big piece of driftwood.
2. Look at the size of the leaf! It's 20" - amazing. This Red Flash was planted in an attached brick planter.
3. Lance Whorton in one of the garage window boxes - almost total shade. It only gets very early morning sun for a short time.
4. Florida Fantasy did quite well with the red impatiens.
5. Okay, so this one isn't in a container, but look at Gypsy Rose in partial shade! The following week the storm, Irene, came along and took down the tree that gave the shade but the caladium continued giving us pleasure until November.
I find this amusing. Photo #1 is from 2006 and shows several caladiums from Bill and one from Home Depot - on the step with the scissors. You can see how much bigger Bill's caladiums are.
#2 is from 2007 when I had learned to buy only from Bill. What a nice display compared to any other source.
You can always share an order with a friend if you feel you want many varieties but don't need that many plants. Or you could give some to a relative, friend or neighbor. One friend, who knows how much I love them, sent me three each of three varieties I hadn't ordered for 2012 and I'm so thankful she did. She also gets her caladiums from Bill.
#3 Shows just the three of one variety she sent me. Can you get more from three bulbs?
#4 Just three bulbs really brightened up this spot!