Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: Decorated ROCK Swap - Interest Thread

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 263, Views: 1,800
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2012
8:28 PM

Post #9354225

Side note --- > Gourdbeader will soon be conducting an online tutorial of how to create your own beaded gourd. Interest / sign-up thread is OPEN:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292003/

###############

For this Rock Swap...
Subscribers in the US, Canada, and Mexico are all Welcome to participate! There will be no price limit for this one since we'll basically be decorating a rock found on our property or nearby. You can decorate yours any way you like. Examples might include decoupage, paint, stickers, mosaics, or broken pottery, tiles, plates or ceramics...or a combination...use your imagination and get those creative juices flowing! Our rocks will be used Outside, so please be sure to use a weather-proof sealer.

Just to give you a couple of ideas, the first two pics show rocks I've received. The last pic shows slate rocks I decorated with mosaics and ceramic add-ons.

Sign-Up ends midnight, New Year's Eve, and you’ll receive your Buddy’s name shortly afterwards in a D-mail. Reveal your Buddy's name when you receive your package. All packages need to be mailed no later than the week of January 14th with either a USPS Delivery Confirmation Number or a UPS Tracking Number that you Dmail to me after mailing. If you decide to decorate a thin or a fragile rock, or you believe there's a chance yours will break in transit, please wrap well in bubble wrap and add Insurance. You may decorate more than one rock or add gardening-related items for your Buddy if you wish. To ensure privacy, please do not post tracking numbers directly on our threads.

#####

Fine print is simple...

If you have not participated in a swap I’ve moderated, prior to posting please D-mail your name, mailing address, a valid phone number and your email address for my log.
Your Subscription needs to be current through March 2013.

#####

So who's ready to Rock besides me?

This message was edited Dec 26, 2012 8:57 PM

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Click an image for an enlarged view.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2012
8:29 PM

Post #9354227

Saved for Participants

Bettypauze / Betty -- > Rec'd from Gourdbeader
deejay9 / Susie -- > Rec'd from happgarden
DEMinPA / Don -- > Rec'd from rvnsbrk
Domehomedee / Dee -- > Rec'd from FruitOfTheVine
FruitOfTheVine / Susan -- > Rec'd from goldhillal
goldhillal / Crystal -- > Rec'd from deejay9
Goober_Fairy / Goober -- > Rec'd from Domehomedee
Gourdbeader / Jan -- > Rec'd from DEMinPA
happgarden / Joyce -- > Rec'd from Mud_Elf
Lanakila -- > Rec'd from Bettypauze
Mud_Elf / Kris -- > Rec'd from Lanakila
rvnsbrk / Neener -- > Rec'd from Goober_Fairy

This message was edited Feb 18, 2013 10:41 PM
paula_p
Brazoria, TX
(Zone 9b)

December 10, 2012
5:25 AM

Post #9354394

well, I was ready to rock. But looks like I will have to pass on the rock swap.

This message was edited Dec 17, 2012 10:24 AM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 10, 2012
5:54 AM

Post #9354416

ME TOOO :)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 10, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #9354559

Mee.. I wanta paint a Rock!!!!!

Please sign up Miss Goober too as she will be here over Christmas Holidays and can pint hers then too.

lanakila

lanakila
Holly Springs, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 10, 2012
9:25 AM

Post #9354650

Awwwww, that first rock is labeled as being from Clarksville, TN. I lived there off and on for 30 years so that place has a very special space in my heart.

I dunno about painting, but I'm sure I can figure out some way to spiff up a rock. I'm in!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 10, 2012
11:43 AM

Post #9354763

Huh... I used to live there too!!!
LOL...

I have 2 rocks started already!!!!

DEMinPA
Selinsgrove, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 10, 2012
2:43 PM

Post #9354925

Add me to the list.

Don
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2012
3:04 PM

Post #9354947

Alrighty, we're off to a great start. and our list of our participants so far has been updated.

Small World you two lived in Clarksville. Cville_Gardener sent that rock to me in 2010 and it still looks the same today since it was sealed so well.

It's great having you join us again, Don.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2012
3:58 PM

Post #9355003

I have been the recipient of one of Fruity's gorgeous rocks. Fantastic work.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 10, 2012
4:05 PM

Post #9355015

(((((( NEENER. ))))))
so hay to see you posting.. are you joining us????? Goober stole my rock you painted me... Sigh.. bad Goober.!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2012
4:19 PM

Post #9355029

Neener, I was looking for a picture of it, must have filed it off the card. It's in my mind's eye though :)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 11, 2012
8:24 AM

Post #9355525

Please sign me up..as for mailing to Canada, I will make arrangements for it to be sent to a friend in USA and can get it next time I visit with her..
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2012
2:33 PM

Post #9355769

Sure thing, Betty. Just Dmail the information where you'd like your package to land.
We missed you for the Christmas swap.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 11, 2012
2:49 PM

Post #9355783

Ahhhh usually someone let's me know..now how did I miss out??bet all are getting the nicest of gifts...
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 14, 2012
7:06 AM

Post #9357954

Hi I want to join...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2012
8:00 AM

Post #9358866

I'll think about this. A lot going on here these days so I may lose the timeline. I might be able to come up with something that is OK.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 15, 2012
4:50 PM

Post #9359318

Just spent all day going though packed craft boxes, found paint, brushes, rocks, tools, and shipping boxes. Goober and I are now ready to paint!!!!

Well when she gets here that is...LOL
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9361034

Sure thing, happ.

Neener, you are far too modest! Come on and play, you know you want to.

See, Elfie already has her inspiration ready to go.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2012
4:44 AM

Post #9361226

I Have mine started now i just need my name as to who to send to :)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 18, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #9361285

Goober is so excited she calls everyday with news ideas,, who ever gets her might want to get a truck to move the box she sends...LOL

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 18, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9361851

May I join? I'll send you my info. I already have a great idea for my rock(s).
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 18, 2012
7:01 PM

Post #9361880

Absolutely, Dee.

For anyone lurking who'd like to join the fun, don't be bashful and get your name in the hat. Whether you're a novice like me or a seasoned artist, you're free to decorate a rock, or two, as you wish. Sign-ups don't end until New Year's Eve.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2012
6:53 AM

Post #9362117

Hey I Found DECO PODGE & Hot Glue dose great Adding things to rock, I Have been haven so much fun & I sure Hope my Partner
will like this one :) Its Drying then I Can add more when I Get home later .
have a great day all
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2012
11:09 AM

Post #9363878

Mine are just about ready for the finishing touches. Yeah! Early for once but then I have no excuse since they were started last Summer when it was blazing hot and the A/C felt so good. Free A/C today, just step outside and the howling wind will just about blow you away.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 21, 2012
8:59 PM

Post #9364349

I want in this swap.
I was waiting to try it before I said I would participate. It is so much fun. I am not any sort of expert artist, but it turned out well enough so I guess I'll not be ashamed. (I hope)
Invited a friend over this afternoon and we painted several small ones. I may use this for Relaxation Therapy!!!

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2012
9:05 PM

Post #9364350

I agree, rock decorating is fun. My daughter came over and saw my painted rocks and said "hey, I think I'd like to do that".
I may have to try a glue project on one, I have lots of cool garden theme stuff I could glue on a rock.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 22, 2012
7:22 AM

Post #9364569

wanted to share this one that I Just done for my SISTER for Xmas Mind you She Is a Cherry Buff & her house Looks like it :)))
& while at the craft store i found this material & WA LA I Have A Great Rock for on here DECK :))))

well i have more baking to do today so back later

Thumbnail by deejay9
Click the image for an enlarged view.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2012
10:12 AM

Post #9364692

Great job Sue!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2012
4:31 PM

Post #9364958

Sure thing, Crystal. We're in the same boat not being overly artsy but the enjoyment is sharing what we can do and in your case got to spend time with your neighbor.

Last year about this time when my SIL came to visit we were in the midst of the Decorated Rock Swap then. She enjoyed decorating a couple to take with her and noticed what I'm working on this time while she was just home for early Christmas. I'd already packed the supplies, so instead we had just enough time to squeeze in working a 504 piece puzzle. That is traditionally what we have always done while she's here. Always fun with lots of girl gabbing going on. The puzzle was the pits to work though, no interlocking pieces. I finally finished it while she was in the air and couldn't wait to put it back in the box!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 23, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #9365259

True, some puzzles are more aggravation than fun. I wish I had someone to work one with sometimes. Nobody in my family wants to fool with it. I don't know where we would set it up this time of year anyway. The whole house seems to be jumbled up. I wish it did not have to be that way, but I can't keep it straight under the best of circumstances. I guess neatness is not my forte' and I should just accept that and not let it bug me.
Nephew coming for chili lunch today. I better get up and gt going.
O, another thing. Are we limited to sending just one rock? Mine would probably take more than one to be the equivalent of one of some other people. heehee While a larger rock might be more eye-catching, maybe shipping would be a problem. However, guess u can send up to 70lbs in the $15 flat rate priority box. Or does that apply to all flat rate boxes?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 23, 2012
5:33 AM

Post #9365262

Flat rate is the way to go the bigger the Rock :) Gm all off to our xmas party today so you all have a great day back later
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2012

Post #9365278

We love doing puzzles. Just don't have any room here to leave one set up and then there is the feline issue. I can see the pieces now. Scattered all over the house. :)
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 23, 2012
7:32 AM

Post #9365315

Count me in. Deejay, I was just about ready to say you are an awesome artist then I saw where you say fabric. I still love it. I was thinking, WOW, those strawberries look so real. heheh

I also want to remind all of you to keep an eye out for the Valentine swap that will be more different then any other swap. I will be posting early January, so keep looking for it.

This should be fun. I have a friend that has been painting rocks for so long but her eyes got so bad she had to stop. She has painted an entire Hobbit village, the whole of Lonesome Dove, and several other scenes.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 23, 2012
2:33 PM

Post #9365554

Jan , They are cherries for my Big sister Loves cherries & When I saw the material I was going to make her a throw pillow , But then I Had to change my mind on the pillow when I happen to lay the cloth on the rock for a sec & it hit me like a rock what if :) hehe so that put my mind into gear for this took it over to her this morning befor i went to our xmas party & she just loved it so that was pleasing :)))

Well we had a Beauty full day with the kids I'm worn out from the games & Laughter :) got to get ressted up so off to relax with a movie
ya all have a great evening :)

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2012
4:48 PM

Post #9365629

Evening Everyone!

We're glad you're joining us, Jan. You and your friend are both very talented.

You worked for days getting ready for the party, Susie. Better you than me with all those kiddos excited about Christmas.

Sure Crystal and anybody else wondering. You may decorate more than one rock or add gardening-related items for your Buddy if you wish.

Started feeling cruddy this afternoon with a rolling tummy. We had fried oyster Po Boys for lunch, probably too rich for me since I rarely fry anything, especially deep fry because it seems a waste of oil as it won't be used again. Oyster shooters would have settled better, me thinks. Might hit the couch and watch the 49'ers in a bit. Was MIL's birthday, she seemed to be in a good mood today.

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 23, 2012
7:33 PM

Post #9365716

I almost lost my husband before I married him because I fixed him fried oysters. Didn't know he's not a big seafood eater and Oysters were the worst thing to fix him. He made me promise never to fix them for him again. That was 24 years ago and I have never made them again.
I love all seafood. raw or otherwise. Oyster shooters, Yum. My brother and I used to power through a few trays of those on happy hour at our favorite place in Newport Beach, California. Ym
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2012
8:19 PM

Post #9365729

Thought I'd check in since the 49'ers ~ Seahawks game is a romp in favor of Seattle. The 49er's are a sentimental team since I used to live in the San Fran burbs. Your husband was lucky you found out early he couldn't tolerate Oysters. There are a lot of people allergic to shellfish and the reaction can make them deathly sick. Hubs and I have no problem and know the Oysters today were fresh. Live and learn. I just finished a large platter of Sushi yesterday, all mine nibbled on for over several days, and think I could eat some kind of fish every day, raw or cooked. Your happy hour recollection is similar to mine in Pawley's Island, SC when I first fell in love with Oyster shooters. We and another couple went through several dozen on the half shell before dinner was served and kept the waitress hopping bringing us more Bud Lights. All because of the Tabasco Sauce, at least that was my excuse.

Anybody remember the movie Forrest Gump? I could eat my weight in Shrimp anyway they're prepared. Looking forward to Shrimp & Cheesy Grits for breakfast Christmas morning.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 24, 2012
5:52 AM

Post #9365905

He isn't allergic to them he just hates seafood. Can you imagine growing up in Southern California near the beach and not liking seafood. Sometimes he will eat some fish and chips but that is pushing it. I would give my left foot for a lobster tail. When I want seafood, I have to fix him a steak then I can have what ever I want but thats just more work for me.
Sorry we got off tract here, Back to rocks. Hummmmm rock lobsters. yum... mussels... clams, heheheh

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 24, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9365912

Gourdbeader-- I was wondering how you got your name. Care to share?
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 24, 2012
7:43 AM

Post #9365980

I bead gourds from bottom to top with 13/0 beads that cover every inch. This one took 2 1/2 years to complete

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader   Thumbnail by Gourdbeader   Thumbnail by Gourdbeader   Thumbnail by Gourdbeader   Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 24, 2012
7:49 AM

Post #9365981

This one is a WIP
One is a Christmas one that I did. It wasn't covered entirely like the other are

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader   Thumbnail by Gourdbeader   Thumbnail by Gourdbeader   Thumbnail by Gourdbeader   Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 24, 2012

Post #9366005

Gourdbeader, I am completely in awhhhh of your creations. They are amazing. I have never seen such a thing and beautiful works of art. WOW!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 24, 2012
12:20 PM

Post #9366156

Wow! That does explain your name! These are truly works of art. I am in awe! Thanks for sharing those1
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 24, 2012
1:32 PM

Post #9366189

Thank you so much for the compliments. I wish they didn't take so long to make then they would be profitable. I was once offered $20,000 for the African Rose gourd but since I made it for my Son-in-law I had to turn it down. Don't you know that I felt like I was falling on a sword. The Rhino says his name and it also shows a bird on its back in remembrance of a bird that flew in and landed on the gourd while I was working on it. I do believe that if I were offered that again I would have to take it. I am sure that my SIL would understand as money is tight.
This picture shows how big it really is and it was a celebration of me putting the last bead in place.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 24, 2012
1:38 PM

Post #9366190

Love the gourds. How do you do those. The texture is amazing!!!!
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 24, 2012
4:40 PM

Post #9366266

Mudelf, I should probably do this on another thread since this was for the sign up for painted rocks but if you are interested I will be glad to explain in a mini tutorial. Its really pretty easy but takes patience and time and 1000's of beads. eheheh. Let me know and I will do a mini tutorial.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2012
4:43 PM

Post #9366268

You're fine right here, Jan, unless you want to start another thread. We often get off topic, often more than we stay on topic, so it's OK. I am in total awe of your work.
If you do start a thread, please place the link here so we can follow.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 24, 2012
5:00 PM

Post #9366274

I would love a tutorial!!!

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 24, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9366331

Okay, well Let me plan this out a bit. I have taught three classes on gourd beading and in my opinion it is assumed that you will be able to finish one of these in a few weeks. Well depending on the size of gourd you choose determines how long it will take. I have also done these on Ostrich eggs. They are great and smaller and you will finish a project much sooner. Let me show you a couple of different sizes and then you can decide how big or small, how much time you want to put into it and just how much patience you have.
I am also showing you a picture of the little bird that landed on my gourd. It was a little fledgling that flew in the door. I took that as an omen that I was suppose to add a bird. So I put one on the back of the rhino since they have nit pickers on their backs all the time.
I also did one on a swordfish Bill. It doesn't really matter what you decide to put it on other then you want to make sure that is won't rot out after all your hard work.

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 24, 2012
6:32 PM

Post #9366386

This one was done on a long neck gourd and the entire surface wasn't covered.

To begin with you will need several sheets of natural beeswax. The kind that you make beeswax candle from. You will want to use natural color to begin with. you will need enough to cover the entire gourd or what ever you are making it on. You will also need extra to do the relief sculpting for the animals or what ever you plan on putting on it. I have also made tools to use to pick up the beads from t-pins and fimo or sculpy clay..
I am going to have to do some photos to display what you will need as I can't find the ones I had. If you can all wait till after the holiday I will put it together and give a somewhat online class if you there are enough interested people. Pass the word. I will also offer to make you one of my special tools of the trade that you will need to pick up beads that you will push into the wax. You will need either one of these or a t-pin to use. Tpins get to be very uncomfortable after a while while on the other hand my tool will fit into the palm of your hand and make life much easier.
So Think about it and I will give you a supply list and we will have a gourd beading class.

Go here to sign up
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292003/

This message was edited Dec 25, 2012 10:57 AM

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader   Thumbnail by Gourdbeader         

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 25, 2012
8:43 AM

Post #9366696

Merry Christmas to all.

Will be looking for the tutorial, looks like fun.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2012

Post #9367027

Spellbinding works of art, Jan. You are so great sharing your talent with us. How on Earth did you get started?

Merry Christmas All!
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 25, 2012
6:18 PM

Post #9367066

It all started when I saw a Huichol Indian piece of work. Their work is beautiful but one dimensional. where mine is two dimensional. That is where the sculpting comes into play.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 26, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9367288

I am completely in awe of your work, Gourdbeader!
That wax you are using. , do you stick the beads in the little honey cells, but if so, how do you attach to the gourd? melt?
What amazes me most is the color grading and the actual drawing behind it. Thanks for sharing.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 26, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9367302

Not for sure, but it sounds like you use the was more like a clay? It will probably stick to the gourd, or other object by itself?
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 26, 2012
6:46 AM

Post #9367316

All I use is beeswax. I build up layers for sculpted pieces then shape it down into animals and such. As it warms it adheres to the surfaces.
I use old porcelain door knobs or the backs of spoons to push it onto the surface. You literally have to scrape it off it you don't want it there.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader   Thumbnail by Gourdbeader         

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 26, 2012
7:28 AM

Post #9367365

Oooh have beeswax for my stained glass, now I'm excited to see what can be made..have about 5 gourds I wanted to paint..will set them aside just incase you do a tutorial...if my gourds aren't what is needed we have a gourd shop about 45 minutes away that does classes and sells supplies

http://www.facebook.com/storygourd

http://www.northerndipper.com/instructors.php

This message was edited Dec 26, 2012 10:39 AM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2012
8:18 AM

Post #9367408

Jan's sign-up page is here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292003/

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 26, 2012

Post #9367423

Thank you FruitOfTheVine.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2012
9:48 AM

Post #9367509

OK Frootz I've decided to join up for the got rocks swap. :0). Wanted to finish the rock before I joined in case I didn't like it. :)))
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2012
5:54 PM

Post #9367931

Excellent, Neener!

You know, I think we are so often our worst criticizers. Although I once had an instructor who said every work no matter the medium has at least one mistake, whether intentional or by happenstance.

Jan, I'm going to put your link in the top block here so it doesn't get lost as this thread grows. You are so patient to work with us and share your tutorial.

So, rock hounds, if you haven't started or finished yours, do you at least have ideas for inspiration?

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 26, 2012
11:58 PM

Post #9368129

I'm painting mine. I have one done, and four more started!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2012
7:39 AM

Post #9368303

Mine's in the works . when is send out date ???

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 27, 2012
7:45 AM

Post #9368310

Goober and I have started..

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 27, 2012
12:58 PM

Post #9368530

I will have to get paints and rock out as soon as I get home from Florida..don't have a name yet..will be shortly I'm sure..guess I could go back and read top of post. Lol
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2013
6:58 AM

Post #9372125

Just letting the sealer get good and dry on mine. I'm ready for a name!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 1, 2013
7:22 AM

Post #9372155

Waiting for our name here too!! Goober goes home today and I want her to finish hers before she leaves.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2013
7:36 AM

Post #9372174

Waiting on an address.

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2013
8:42 AM

Post #9372240

I got my partner's address today. Yahoo! That means I better paint rocks tonight. I still have a couple to finish.
I went to the beach yesterday at low tide and picked up a good flat one to put a "saying" on.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2013
8:48 AM

Post #9372244

We are good to go and names have been assigned. They were completely at random, literally drawn out of a hat. I hope you all are pleased with your secret Buddy.
Please take a photo of your rock(s) and any other contents of your box prior to mailing in case your Buddy isn't able to take a pic.

Thanks everyone, and Happy New Year!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 1, 2013
11:06 AM

Post #9372376

We got our names. Goober mom got here very early so Goober did not get done,, I will be going there next weekend so she can finish. Gives me a reason to go see the kids..LOL
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2013
3:35 PM

Post #9372604

Thanks Miss Sooz for herding the cats and getting this done. Love you!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 1, 2013
3:53 PM

Post #9372611

got my name this will be fun :) DID I Mention I Like Turkey's , Hummers, & Flowers :))) used Romance Comedy DVD's Garden books
How to & Garden Design Books :) happy new year :)
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 1, 2013
4:13 PM

Post #9372623

Were we suppose to give specifics as to likes and dislikes. I didn't do that and I didn't see any where that my partner has posted any preferences. So I just hope she likes what I make.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2013
5:11 PM

Post #9372663

Some of us may have given suggestions which can be taken into account if it's convenient for the sender, but we're basically just using our imaginations.

My box is ready to mail tomorrow, only because I started last Summer.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 5, 2013
10:32 AM

Post #9376180

My Pal's box is away today!!!
Flying rocks. Please dodge.

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 5, 2013
2:21 PM

Post #9376372

I received my rocks from Susan (FruitOfTheVine) !!!
They are so cool. I have put them right outside my front door for guests to admire.
Thank-you so much.

Thumbnail by Domehomedee   Thumbnail by Domehomedee         

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 5, 2013
2:28 PM

Post #9376381

Oh So Jealous Way cool susan where did you learn to do them like that :) ??? Now almost ashame to send mind :(
Guess I better start over . Maybe WED Before I Send Now :) hehe

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 5, 2013
2:36 PM

Post #9376386

Was also going to say she should have sent hers out last as we are all awe stricken and doubting our skills..

Have to rethink mine as well..
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 5, 2013
3:23 PM

Post #9376432

How big are they?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2013
3:45 PM

Post #9376445

Dang Frootz those are awesome. I do recognize some of that glass. :0). Mine went out yesterday.
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 5, 2013
4:26 PM

Post #9376498

Didn't join in this swap because didn't know if i could come up with anything to do , but have been watching to see what everyone does---WAY COOL Susan!! LOVE them!!! Can't wait to see what everyone else does so that I can get in on the fun next time!! Is anyone joining in on the Valentines Exchange that Gourdbeader is doing???? Sounds like fun and something I can actually do!!! Will be checking back in to see the rest of the cool rocks to come!!

Shirley
Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 5, 2013
4:33 PM

Post #9376506

Hey people lost my stamps,lost my cards, lost my mind lol
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2013
4:53 PM

Post #9376518

Many of you are far more talented than I could ever be, and you have imaginations too, and the ability to paint free hand. Since I don't have glass cutting supplies, except for a pair of nippers, the Morning Glory, Hummingbird and Lizard were pre-cut kits on eBay found months ago, same for the Lizard's eyes that were under Doll supplies. Mosaic rocks are really easy to do, like working a puzzle without a picture. First pick a rock your design will fit on and still have leeway around the edges to fill-in. The ones I used were flagstones left from making garden paths. Nippers came in handy to help fit some of the pieces or make others smaller. You could also use scrap glass wrapped in a towel smashed with a hammer to end up with smaller pieces. After laying out the design and fill-in pieces, I secured all with Weldbond Glue, commonly used for glass mosaics and is the same product used as a sealer, three heavy coats on each rock with at least a day between for curing. They were grouted with a natural unsanded product prior to sealing. I wanted to add a tint to help the colors of the glass 'pop' but the manufacturer's recommendations said not to. Both rocks wrapped securely in bubble wrap fit in a Large Flat Rate box. I was fortunate enough to be gifted with a 5 gallon bucket of scrap glass months ago, you know who you are, so the only out-of-pocket costs were basically the kits.

Dee, let me know how they hold up outside for you over time. They were so much fun to make and am glad you're pleased.

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 5, 2013
4:56 PM

Post #9376523

The lizard one is 11" at it's longest and the flower/hummingbird is about 15". They are glass on thin rock.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 5, 2013
7:21 PM

Post #9376707

They are really nice.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 6, 2013
4:49 AM

Post #9376902

Those are so beautiful, Sooz. When looking online, I saw Mosaic rocks. Now I wish I had tried that. Could not find a suitable rock, much less all the tiles,etc. That is very well done!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 6, 2013
6:11 AM

Post #9376953

GM I Hope to Finish mine up this afternoon & get shipped out Tomorrow or by Tuesday , off to play some more on them :)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 6, 2013
11:25 AM

Post #9377240

Goober lost her correct thread for her cards. She meant to post in the birthday thread.

She has finished her rocks.. now I just need to finish mine.

Fruity. What a wonderful set of rocks. I love them.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 6, 2013
12:00 PM

Post #9377274

back to work tomorrow, was busy cleaning up dust from 2 weeks away and putting christmas in totes for yet one more year..

wasn't expecting to be out shovelling but it sure looks pretty out there, not the white sand of the beaches I've been used to but white is white

Looking around the house to see what I've made that contains 'rock' and get it posted tomorrow..am sure there is something

Doesn't have to be painted as long as there is rock/stone right???
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 6, 2013
12:00 PM

Post #9377275

Is it okay if they are more along the smaller size like 12 " x 5"
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 6, 2013
12:16 PM

Post #9377293

You can decorate your rock(s) any way you like, any size you like from small to large.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 6, 2013
1:21 PM

Post #9377371

YEA! ! ! I have a good one then.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 6, 2013
2:39 PM

Post #9377427

Have something finished as well if that is the case..rock/stone hmmm
DEMinPA
Selinsgrove, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 7, 2013
12:13 PM

Post #9378266

I received my painted rock from rvnsbrk (neener) today. It is beautiful. Thanks so much.

Don (DEMinPA)

Thumbnail by DEMinPA

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 7, 2013
12:25 PM

Post #9378290

Love the bright colors...how creative!

Great job Neener

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 7, 2013
12:36 PM

Post #9378301

Wow.. very, very, pretty!!

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 7, 2013
12:42 PM

Post #9378305

I love the flower idea, a way to have flowers year 'round!
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 7, 2013
12:44 PM

Post #9378306

Very cool Neener! Love the colors & the design!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 7, 2013
1:30 PM

Post #9378361

Mine went out today Sure hope My Garden Buddy will like for Nothing as Fancy as what we have seen so far I'm not that creative. Mine are just Plain ole People's rocks.

well off to fix super ya all have a nice evening

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 7, 2013
2:26 PM

Post #9378393

Deejay, I always look forward to getting a box from you and I have seen the work you do and you should never worry if someone would not like to receive from you!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2013
3:41 PM

Post #9378469

Neener, you always do a fantastic job handpainting. Very nice, Don.

No competition here between players, just have fun all of you!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 7, 2013
3:56 PM

Post #9378483

Thank goodness for the no competition as I would lose...LOL

But Goober just might win...heehee...

lanakila

lanakila
Holly Springs, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 7, 2013
4:06 PM

Post #9378497

I'm starting the year of sick, sick, sick, so I'll be a bit tardy creating my rock. It'll be worth the wait though...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2013
4:15 PM

Post #9378513

Thanks everyone!! Don I'm glad it got there and that you like it. The design around the edge of the rock is a Zentangle which is usually much more intricate because it is done with a fine point pen. I thought I'd try some with a liner brush and it came out OK. All the folks over at my art trading site went nuts for that rock.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2013
8:47 PM

Post #9379697

I have my rock done but for the life of me cant remember what we sealed it with. I did it last year but cant find what i sealed it with...help!! Rofl

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 8, 2013
9:03 PM

Post #9379706

rvnsbrk - art trading site? I'm interested.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 8, 2013
10:46 PM

Post #9379736

Mine went out yesterday, off target yet not, a rock/stone still keeps me within guidelines I hope!

Returns accepted...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2013
4:19 AM

Post #9379785

Dome the site I referred to atcsforall.com. It is an artist trading card site primarily, but we do altered mail art and a lot of other things as well.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 9, 2013
9:09 AM

Post #9380014

HELP...what are you all sealing your rocks with? I can't remember what I used before. Thanks.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 9, 2013
10:06 AM

Post #9380081

I Use MOD-PODGE Clear Acrylic Sealer from wal-mart

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 9, 2013
2:26 PM

Post #9380299

Goober got rocks!!!! Let's see if I can post them.

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 9, 2013
2:28 PM

Post #9380303

I am not sure who sent them to her. I will call and tell her to get on and tell all the information.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 9, 2013
2:40 PM

Post #9380315

Omg that is just adorable..
Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 9, 2013
2:40 PM

Post #9380316

It was dee moore domehome

Thank you dee
Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 9, 2013
2:41 PM

Post #9380319

Gtg family night love yall night

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 9, 2013
3:35 PM

Post #9380375

Goober - Glad you like them, they were fun to paint. Hope you enjoy the little fairies too, they like to hide in potted plants!
rvnsbrk - Interesting trade art site. I could see participating in a trade, I also have a few people I'll send the link to.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2013
3:47 PM

Post #9380391

Come on over Dee. The more the merrier.
Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 9, 2013
3:59 PM

Post #9380407

I love them momma loves the one with the frog she wants it soo bad lol n i would not win neener would

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 9, 2013
5:35 PM

Post #9380505

Those baby bird mouths are soooo cute!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 10, 2013
6:11 AM

Post #9380784

Those rocks are adorable!!!

The fairies are awesome to!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 10, 2013
6:19 AM

Post #9380791

I went rock hunting on Tuesday and ended up at a Marble mining pit. I have never seen such a thing in my life. My cell phone was dying so I only got one picture. It was of their scrap pile. Which was over 100 feet long and over 20 feet tall. I was totally amazed. I have tried to upload the picture twice this morning and it would not work...sigh.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 10, 2013
6:36 AM

Post #9380811

Should have picked rocks while down south, there wasn't a rock to be found, not surprising seeing we have snow lol

So how downloaded was your vehicle Elf??

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2013
6:37 AM

Post #9380813

Hope My Rock Buddy has a Helmet on for the rocks should be dropping in today sometime :)))

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 10, 2013
6:56 AM

Post #9380828

I'm envious at everyone's artistic rocks, could I be the one they are dropping in on???

because of snow I had to improvise but hope my swap buddy will enjoy, should be arriving any day as well.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 10, 2013
7:44 AM

Post #9380882

This is suppose to be fun not a competition right? So lets all do what ever it is that we do and hope for the best. I was feeling a little threatened too but just decided that I would like what I am making so hopefully my exchange partner will too.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 10, 2013
8:17 AM

Post #9380899

Way to go, Miss Goober! Nice work, Dee. Those bluebirds are adorable.

Crystal, I always knew you were a ‘hoot’! This Owl rock is so cute and on the back is written ‘Who Who Whooo RU?’ lol Then there’s the multi-colored one giving me the evil eye. Along with rocks, I also received a beautiful coffee table book ‘Dancing Petals, Photographs and Reflections of Southern Wildflowers’, two pot holders with pockets and recipe cards, a magnetic shopping list, a bag of soft fruit, berry and citrus candies, and a decorative Fork and Spoon.

Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness, Crystal…..you rock and made me smile :)

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 10, 2013
8:22 AM

Post #9380903

Smilling as I read the saying on the rock...
Did you paint the owl, he's too adorable and to life!

Crystal sure did send you pretties.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 10, 2013
8:41 AM

Post #9380924

The owl is decopaged.
Glad you like, Fruity.
Growing up I knew some people that rocked each other, but that meant throwing rocks at each other. This was good dirt road entertainment, and much safer for all concerned than guns.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 10, 2013
9:05 AM

Post #9380946

Sure look hand painted..decades ago I learned a technique taking a photo and taking white backing off and applying it to rocks/wood etc. was hard to tell it was not hand painted.

The other day while looking for textile medium I found a container of it, didn't have time to hand paint my piece this time but so could have used such as you did..great job
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2013
9:46 AM

Post #9380991

Guys love the rocks everyone is receiving, they have all been so cool. Would love to have any of them on my porch, my one from last year lays in a flower pot on the porch so everyone can see it.

Betty I would love to know the technique for taking the paper off of a photograph, cause I have tried it a whole bunch of ways and not had any luck, or very little luck... ;(

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 10, 2013
9:56 AM

Post #9380995

Package got here today. It's raining/misting, so my sweet mail carrier brought it into my garage. I went out and there it was! Thanks so much Susie! I really enjoyed unwrapping the lot and was cheered by these smiling faces. The roses were so cute, too. And Swan Lake! you may not see the writing on it from my picture, but you can see which one it is!
Some of the rocks were wrapped in two dish cloths and all were in a basket. Some of those mouths got hungry on the trip south and gnawed on the basket, but I sure it will still be usable in summer for gathering from the garden. Thanks so much! I love my rocks. I have put them on the porch till spring, then I will nestle them in among the flowers.

Thumbnail by goldhillal

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 10, 2013
10:10 AM

Post #9381003

Bet your postal delivery man will be soaking in a hot tub tonight, that's quite a package he brought..I can here him say..."what is in this box, rocks?" lol

each and every one of them has their own personality..got me smilling!

I'll get it out the solution tonight to give you the name, likely still on the market..I remember giving it 3 or 4 coats on top of the photo or print...when completely dry I would put an inch or so of water in a pan that would hold the pring/photo, photo side down and lightly and I mean lightly after the it sat it water a bit would rub and rub..water would be filled with paper..I'd empty it, put water again and lightly rub until all the backing until only the surface print remains..then it could be added to a rock /wood that has the surface basecoated.

I remember I did a paddle for my BIL, took a photo of his cottage, painting background sky/earth then applied the photo of cottage to it..he had to look and look and ask how in the world could I paint such a miniature lol

piece is still hanging in the sports room

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 10, 2013
10:18 AM

Post #9381013

Betty,, I did not get tons of rocks. The marble pit is a working mine and they charge $1.60 a pound cash only. I only had my debit card on me so he gave me acouple of samples to play with and told me I could come back at any time.

I did find another place near by that had the most interesting rocks,, however they were not real suitable for painting. i will try to get pictures later of them. I did get a bunch of those just to put in the garden cause I liked them so much!

Love all the rocks and goodies coming in. I still have finishing touches to be done to mine. Would love to know how to do the applying of pictures. I have used stickers on a few rocks but they did not turn out as nice as I would have liked,, also looked for rub ons and could not find any. Used to be there were hundereds to be found, I looked at walmart and hobby lobby and found none. Whaaaa...

Wonder if my water slide decals would work???

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 10, 2013
10:20 AM

Post #9381017

Lol,, betty we cross posted...

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 10, 2013
11:35 AM

Post #9381074

The "box of rocks" got me thinking about a good story. My sister and I went to a family reunion one year outside of Denver. Well we found this great rock shop, all kinds of neat fossil rocks. So we get back to Los Angeles and we are attempting to get our suitcases on the bus to the parking lot when a man decides to help us with our luggage. As he's putting them up into the bus and remarks "what's in here, rocks?", we both blushed and said "you guessed it".
Love all the rocks. The owl gives me some ideas. I could find some really cool pics to decoupage, maybe some butterflies or bugs, or a lifelike frog.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2013
1:18 PM

Post #9381159

so glad they made the trip ok :) as for the ones with the rose on them My Older Sister Painted them for me she is much better painter then i but thought i better send something i done :) hehe & So I decided to do Rock People :) After Doing the little Green Bean ,I Did Mr Orange Tree , Then LEMON MAN , & CHERRY MAN.

well off to play in my seed stash ya all have a great evening

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 10, 2013
3:02 PM

Post #9381242

Name of solvent is called

Picture This by fashion sew

wasn't the original I used but worked just as well

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 10, 2013
3:26 PM

Post #9381273

Neat, Crystal. You have your own Citrus grove and flowers to boot.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 10, 2013
3:53 PM

Post #9381345

I will pick some up or order it online. Thanks Betty.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 10, 2013
5:37 PM

Post #9381464

We are about half way there for deliveries. My days have been messed up since way before Christmas, already thought tomorrow is Saturday. Those of you working know it certainly isn't!

Next Saturday, the 19th, is the last day any of us should mail who haven't done so already. If there's a problem, please D-mail me.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2013
7:31 PM

Post #9381583

Thank u Betty for letting me know the name of the 'stuff'. Sounds like a fun project to do.
Another great package. Rocks are falling from the sky everywhere... Nothing worse at work than to think it is thursday at work and it be wednesday...lol
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 11, 2013
4:54 AM

Post #9381747

Happ the other thing you can use for that technique is something called Gel Medium in the artist aisle. I've done some cards using magazine pictures. Several coats on the front. Then soak and peel off the paper. What you end up with is something like a decal.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 11, 2013
3:12 PM

Post #9382259

Wow, I got my painted rock today from DeminPa/ Don

I love it. It is just what I needed to complete my planter at my front door.
Thanks so much.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 11, 2013
3:20 PM

Post #9382268

Just a lurker here, but I have to say these rocks are beautiful! I love everyone of them!
Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 11, 2013
5:12 PM

Post #9382331

Hey girls how is every one i will try to be on for a wile tonight

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 12, 2013
4:58 AM

Post #9382545

I can't tell from the picture what those yellow things on the bottom are. Could you explain a bit, Gourdbeader or Don? A welcome rock is a great idea!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 12, 2013
6:29 AM

Post #9382599

Crystal, the yellow things on the bottom of her rock look like some kind of daisy, or maybe a cone flower! Very pretty! The rock is painted black, and it say's welcome, with the flowers on the bottom.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 12, 2013
8:12 AM

Post #9382689

Thank you Taters55, I appreciate your description for goldhillal. I should have done that myself. I know there are a few on here that really do have vision problems and I should be more descriptive. Thanks again, and Yes I think they are a cone flower. It is a wonderful rock.

This message was edited Jan 12, 2013 11:37 AM
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 12, 2013
10:38 AM

Post #9382810

Here is a closer photo

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 12, 2013
12:02 PM

Post #9382859

Good mornig im going to grandmas so be on dg all day with cusons
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2013
1:25 PM

Post #9382920

Hi everyone, well rock went flying today, hope it doesn't fall on a glass house..rofl. When I went to the postoffice the poor person working the window had one arm in a sling! omg...I explained it was really heavy, thank goodness for flat rate...rofl... She did get the box on the scale... felt bad... Should be there by Tuesday!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 14, 2013
4:18 PM

Post #9385072

Anyone want to join the valentine swap, only one day left...gonna be fun.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 14, 2013
4:25 PM

Post #9385084

Nice Welcome rock, Jan. I like those happy coneflowers and your planter.

Thanks for the update happ, you know what they say about stones and glass houses. Maybe that's why I don't have a greenhouse. One of these days has turned into years.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2013
7:48 AM

Post #9387004

Well my rock is out for delivery...and so far no reports of shattering glass, so sadly who is getting it must not have a greenhouse either :(
But the goods news is they will have a rock...rofl.
I am going to try winter sowing this year, exactly this weekend. Since I don't have a greenhouse...rofl.
Then I think in my concrete block raised beds I am going to try the plastic over them. since I don't have a greenhouse...we will see how this all works out...you know good intentions and all that...

Rocks in the planter by the front door sound like a wonderful idea, since currently I have a dead frozen plant. You know I should of pulled that out since I walk by it everyday...how sad is that.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2013
8:39 AM

Post #9387083

Happ is it me is it me :) ??? I Still have the "FREE WEED " Rock & Love it but have had no takers on the weeds They want the rock. I Will be here all day What a Wonderful COLD Day to have something DROP In HOPE ITS ME :)))) But if not then maybe another day :))) .

I Love all the creative rocks so far :) our mail won't be here till about 2pm :)
back late :)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 16, 2013
8:51 AM

Post #9387103

Hmmm, mine should have been there..was a bit stretching of guidelines but did include. Rock/stone

Perhaps she was disappointed!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2013
10:09 AM

Post #9387173

YIPPY Don't have to wait any longer Mail was Early & Oh What a Box I Love it all Joyce ya Know I Sure Needed them to help arrange plants As soon as I Get these pictures loaded I "M Off to thumb the books :) This rock is great also , Zoey was here & could hardly wait to see what was so heavy she wanted to bring it in & she said this is heavy told her it was maybe rocks & she thought i was kidding & when she saw the rock she ask why someone would send me a rock & I said I love rocks & she said but we already have rocks . anyway I Love all of this
The rock Has a Beauty full Butterfly on front & Back says DEEJAY ROCKS 2013 & TY for the kind words .
& besides these great MAG"S is A Joey Green's Gardening Magic Book all very good reading .
& now i also have a garden towel love these type to carry to the garden with me .
& of course zoey trying to ride my bike :)

thank you Joyce & your my Gardening rock :) tytyty
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 16, 2013
10:24 AM

Post #9387195

Beautiful butterfly rock I love it. You will think its real if you didn't know better.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2013
10:45 AM

Post #9387212

Oh what a cutie you have helping you...lots of energy I bet to. She is a doll and I am sure thinks we are crazy...LOL

rofl...glad you liked it DeeJay...and glad the rock didn't break...rofl, it is really heavy. Poor mail person. Hard to pack much with a rock, I had all kinds of ideas but had to make sure nothing could break. The magazines have been thru the wringer but really different and must be from England since that is what the currency looks like but fun to flip thru and see different stuff. Enjoy me lady you deserve everything and more.

Ahhh Betty I am sure they love what ever you sent I can't imagine being disappointed but anytime someone doesn't post that is what I think also...lol, send it to me I will love it promise... ;)

This message was edited Jan 16, 2013 12:47 PM

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 16, 2013
10:59 AM

Post #9387229

Still working on the very last touches. It has been so damp here that the sealer will not dry. Darn it. I want to get these boxes in the mail before the deadline. I am determined to not be late this year.

Betty if they don't love your box tell them to send it on to me. I will even pay the postage. I am in awe of your talents!!!!!!!.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 16, 2013
11:10 AM

Post #9387239

Thoughts went there because it was delivered/accepted on Jan 12

Know I did not paint rock but did design using stones

Oh well..what to heck right

Off for lunch
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2013
2:08 PM

Post #9387440

Boy Betty hope my husband didn't get it from the post person and put it in the garage, I better ask him...he always worries me altho he has been really good about it...just never know when it will end up in his car or garage and be lost forever...rofl.

Send your moisture problems here in the form of rain...picky aren't I...rofl. We need moisture awful, but sure don't want ice or snow...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 16, 2013
2:50 PM

Post #9387479

happ, you're holding out on us. Love your Butterfly rock, Susie! Zoey's such a cutie and good company on a cold day or any day, I bet.

Betty, you shared a photo with me of your creation and it is quite lovely made, thinking outside the box or should that be inside? Surely your Buddy will chime in soon. Waiting for her on another thread as well.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 16, 2013
3:30 PM

Post #9387522

It's not me... nothing here yet. Snow on the way maybe tomorrow, but we are hoping for a miss. Sure has been damp and cold here though.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 16, 2013
3:38 PM

Post #9387530

It has rained every day for the last 7 days. I am sick of the rain.
But at least we finally got most of the place insulated and are WARM!!!!!!!!

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 16, 2013
3:41 PM

Post #9387535

Yours is due to be mailed soon, Neener.

4" snow is predicted for here tomorrow starting around 2 PM, most we've had in a couple of years. Need to get it in gear and leave before then for my long week-end getaway.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 16, 2013
3:44 PM

Post #9387538

Have fun Fruity...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 16, 2013
4:01 PM

Post #9387559

Will do!

Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 16, 2013

Post #9387619

Hey girls im sad me and my bf got in a fight now i dont now what to do,,, do best friends fight
Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 16, 2013
5:42 PM

Post #9387620

Hey and imma probley start a thanks giving thread what do yall think let me now on d mail ok night girls ttyl got to go to bed school night bye

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 16, 2013
5:49 PM

Post #9387624

Best friends might see things differently from time to time but the affection is always there!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 17, 2013
5:57 AM

Post #9387933

Best friends always have disagreements, that is just part of life. Give it a few days, and you will be back to being BF!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 17, 2013
6:25 AM

Post #9387976

AReally TRUE TRUE Friend Waits a couple of days thinks about the disagreement & Call her Friend & Say everyone has their own opinion But it is not a reason to give up our friendship . This is How my 6 BEST
friends & I are & we love each other no matter who is dem or rep .:)

ya all have a great day & Again happ ty for the Rock & My BOOKS Oh & The Garden Flag.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 17, 2013
1:00 PM

Post #9388350

Boy Goober_Fairy you sure made me think..bf or not...
best friends and fights...for sure...
best friends will take some cooling off time and agree to disagree (meaning we don't have to agree on everything)...
if your feelings were hurt you or they will forgive because a BF would never mean to do that and if they do, they are not a bf...
a true BF would never pressure you to do something you don't think is right...if they do, they are not a BF...
if they think you are doing something not right they should let you know, you probably won't like it but if you are a BF you will listen and think and not get mad at them
I have had a great bf for about 40 years! I have had some bf's that turned out not to be a bf at all...

You guys we are zooming up to 55 by Saturday and down to 19 by Tuesday...no rain, no sleet, no moisture...can we spell DROUGHT in farm country.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 17, 2013
1:42 PM

Post #9388380

Happ,, you can have my rain... I am sick of it. My drive way has washed out and our cars slide up and down the hill. It is just sad. We have someone coming Monday to put down 17 tons of gravel!!!.

Betty here are some pictures of the rocks I scavenged from the place I went. If they will load that is...

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf         

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 17, 2013
2:42 PM

Post #9388430

We have had years like that where our driveway just sunk into the mud... I would like rain because I am worried about my trees and plants, can do without snow and ice.
Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 18, 2013
6:52 PM

Post #9389743

Thanks guys yall r awsome love yall night

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 18, 2013
8:23 PM

Post #9389789

Our rocks are flying in the wind to their new homes all I can say is they are not landing in Alabama...heehee.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 18, 2013
8:34 PM

Post #9389793

Some of them landed here! We don't want meteorites tho, like the famous one that went thru the roof of a house in Sylacauga and hit a woman on the hip who was lying on her couch. Here is the story:

http://www.encyclopediaofalabama.org/face/Article.jsp?id=h-1280

If you google Sylacauga meteorite you can see a picture of the woman and her bruised him, if you so desire.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 19, 2013

Post #9389968

Pretty strange the story starts out that she was napping on her couch Well the Rock would have landed on her foot or her head if there was a couch in that cornor ????? I'am I missing something ?? Like where is the couch .??? lot of storys sure are strange My brother moved in here last fall & was going through the rock pile out back & Found a rock thinking it was a meteorite I told him he had rocks in his head but he sent it in 3 mos still nothing back from them :(

well i have much i want to get done today so got to get off here ya all have a great weekend .
susie

lanakila

lanakila
Holly Springs, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2013
6:36 PM

Post #9392937

So sorry for my absence here on the thread. We had an illness in the family that resulted in a long and slow death. I came home today after just over two weeks away and was delighted to receive my gift from Betty. Her stones were under snow, and she is a skilled glass crafter, so this is the beauty that she created. I'm a big fan of boxes, so this is an even bigger surprise!

Thumbnail by lanakila   Thumbnail by lanakila         

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2013
6:46 PM

Post #9392950

OMG!!!!!! I love, love, love it!!!

You cM just send that right to my house,, I will pay for the postage..lol.

Seriously,, I am so sorry to hear about the death in your family.

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 21, 2013
7:53 PM

Post #9393028

Wow, that is beautiful, I love boxes too. Mater of fact if I were to count all my boxes I would probably have close to 50 some boxes.
Betty, you did an incredible job on this.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 21, 2013
8:10 PM

Post #9393055

Betty, that is so pretty! I bet you made that???
Sorry to hear about the death in the family lanakila.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2013
8:10 PM

Post #9393056

I really, really,,want one...Whaaaaaaaaa...

This message was edited Jan 21, 2013 11:11 PM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 22, 2013
3:35 AM

Post #9393322

Morning,

It's a cold one out there, nice to access the thread and see that you liked your rocks..little off the mark but rocks are rocks. Yes, I've made many of these, must get my act into gear and use up materials I have for 5 more lol

Sorry to hear about the death of your loved one, we can't but hope when they are hanging on in pain trying to stay by our side that they finally take the walk to the Lord..my condolences to you and your family!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 22, 2013
5:46 AM

Post #9393412

So very sorry to hear about the death in the family, so very sad.

The box is beautiful and could hold wonderful keepsakes.

Betty you are so talented and what a great idea for a 'rock' swap.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 22, 2013
6:19 AM

Post #9393460

Wow! That is a box to end all bixes!! So so beautiful! And imaginative,too.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 22, 2013
6:21 AM

Post #9393463

Boxes. Just as I clicked send, I saw my odd spelling

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 22, 2013
8:23 AM

Post #9393575

According to Usps. Boxes of rocks will be landing today. Cover your heads gals. I know one is really heavy. That one was from Goober..
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2013
12:27 PM

Post #9393808

My condolences to your family, Lanakila. Beautiful work as usual, Betty. The box is simply stunning.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2013
4:44 PM

Post #9394057

Exciting knowing yours and Goober's rocks were delivered today, Elfie!
Waiting on the status of yours to see if it's been mailed.
Betty, I believe yours was mailed today or soon will be.

Thanks everyone for being so prompt!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 22, 2013
4:52 PM

Post #9394069

I am excited to see ours land too!!!! Hope they are liked.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2013
12:53 PM

Post #9395004

OK Folks I got the coolest box of rocks and other goodies from our own little Goober. I got not only painted rocks that are so cute, but I got books and maps and all kinds of things that I can use for my collages on Artist Trading Cards. One of the books was about animals and I painted a leopard cub today using the book for reference. Super box of goodies. Thank you Goober! You done good girl!

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk   Thumbnail by rvnsbrk   Thumbnail by rvnsbrk      

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 23, 2013
1:08 PM

Post #9395008

well I'd say that Goober is quite creative, look at those pretties. I especially love the little turquois smilling face...ahhhh adorable!

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2013
1:52 PM

Post #9395061

Great rocks Goober!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 23, 2013
2:02 PM

Post #9395074

Wow.. love the picture you drew. Glad our hunt for stuff for you to use on your art cards was useable.

Need to tell Goober to get online.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2013
2:20 PM

Post #9395087

Love the leopard, Neener.

You did a wonderful job, Miss Goober.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 23, 2013
2:42 PM

Post #9395106

Those are great rocks...that purple one cracks me up...one of those items that you just have to smile everytime you look at it...great package.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2013
2:52 PM

Post #9395134

Yup..I'm lovin' my rocks.
Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 23, 2013
3:19 PM

Post #9395174

Noooo problem i love every one of yall and n beawer monser rocks multiply when non super vised

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 23, 2013
3:22 PM

Post #9395180

Wow! great painting! great rocks. Wonderful box!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 23, 2013
4:12 PM

Post #9395230

Hey Goober!!

Did very good baby girl.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 23, 2013
4:14 PM

Post #9395237

Hey Goober!!

Did very good baby girl.

Wonder if my box got lost after all. It says it was delivered.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 24, 2013
6:24 AM

Post #9395750

Working L O N G hours, up at 4:30 and usually not home until 7pm. Gotta love the end and beginning of New Years, auditors, w2's, on and on...BUT bright note got home late last night didn't even go into the kitchen but this morning found a box sitting on the cabinet from our very own Mud_Elf and inside are the greatest rocks!

The slate is hand painted and the Garden Party looks as if it is painted and deco (you know that word). They are both just beautiful. I love the daisies they are amazing. The garden party just makes you smile. Elfie thank you so very much. Hope the pics turned out had to do them on my phone.

Love my rocks. What a great great swap...

Edited to say sorry about the background, didn't think about my valentine table runner messing up my image of my rocks!!! dang

This message was edited Jan 24, 2013 8:27 AM

Thumbnail by happgarden   Thumbnail by happgarden         

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 24, 2013
6:27 AM

Post #9395760

Ahhh, I simply love them...lucky you!
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 24, 2013
6:36 AM

Post #9395784

Hello everyone, Been checking in every once in a while to see what you all did with your rocks and I must say -- AWESOME JOB everyone!!! Very unique and interesting ideas!! Love them all!! Now I wish I would have joined in on this swap instead of just looking!!! Have a great day everyone!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 24, 2013
7:59 AM

Post #9395865

Shirley, I agree, I am just a lurker too! Love all the talent we have here! Great job Kris and Goober!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2013
8:33 AM

Post #9395920

Joyce,, glad you found your rocks!!! I had a lot of fun making them. Goober did help too!! The garden party one was my favorite one.

I so much enjoy this swap. I am ready for another one!!!!!

It is beautiful today, so I am headed outside to take advantage of the warmth and the sun!

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 24, 2013
10:01 AM

Post #9396075

Well glad to hear someone found their rocks!! I think I lost mine years ago and have given up looking for them !!!!!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2013
1:01 PM

Post #9396279

LOL...
Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 24, 2013
2:59 PM

Post #9396412

I now nana im just thhat awsome love u all
Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 24, 2013
3:01 PM

Post #9396413

And soon i promise soon i will find out how to post pics

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 24, 2013
3:29 PM

Post #9396453

Kris!!! Those rocks are gorgeous! Happ, you are so lucky!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 24, 2013
5:16 PM

Post #9396558

Yes I love my rocks both so different and yet both are beautiful. Oh I should of known you had help from goober jr! Thank you both you couldnt have made them any better for me. They will be well taken care of.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2013
5:51 PM

Post #9396597

Thanks everyone.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 25, 2013
5:38 AM

Post #9396962

I also love my rock & also other books of much info , ty HAPP You are also a rocking friend :)
& Thanks to FRUITY For another great ROCK SWAP .
susie

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 25, 2013

Post #9397070

Goober, , I will show you how to post pictures on Sunday. I will be at your house then.

New rocks for our garden in the spring!!!!

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2013
6:49 AM

Post #9397072

Kris, what materials did you use to make the Garden Party Rock?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 25, 2013
6:56 AM

Post #9397076

We used sticker, paint, and decopouge. Is that spelled right???

I have a ton of water slide deals for ceramics, I wonder If I could use those????
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2013
6:59 AM

Post #9397081

I have some of those too, really old.

Gotta scoot and run errands before we get snow this afternoon.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 25, 2013
7:02 AM

Post #9397087

Those fairy rock houses are adorable!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 25, 2013
7:18 AM

Post #9397097

Kris What did you use to get the raised roof on the 1st house ?
have to leave soon to go put flowers on daddys Grave he would have been 100 yr old today
so back later today .

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 25, 2013
11:21 AM

Post #9397271

Love those houses Kris!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 25, 2013
11:42 AM

Post #9397289

I used wood putty to do all add ons, did not get it as smooth as I would have liked.

Thanks LK.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 25, 2013
1:36 PM

Post #9397456

Too adorable!! They will look adorable in the garden..
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2013
4:11 PM

Post #9397569

You're too hard on yourself, Elfie. They're really nice! I like the rustic look anyway.

Susie, I remembered since your Dad's birthday was the same as an ex co-worker. Both were very special people.
Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 25, 2013
6:05 PM

Post #9397677

Thax i will be there nana just me n you n i will save you a cookie lol love yall n im looking forwerd to spring cant wait got.a suprise for yall love yall night gtg read i love reading
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2013
6:10 PM

Post #9397681

Goober, you know I love you to death but I don't always understand your shorthand without having to read between the lines. You enjoy reading so much and I know you know how to spell. Help an old lady out next time and have a good time at Nana's.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 26, 2013
10:13 AM

Post #9398153

Waving to all,

Snowing outside, on the cold side..sitting sewing, wish the kitties wouldn't get in the way lol

Thought I'd take a break on the Best/Worse/What did I learn today thread and what did I find, post from Debbie saying a box has arrived..sure nothing is broken. Lol

Asked her when she gets the chance to take a photo..I'm just sooo excited..
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2013
1:39 PM

Post #9398342

Can't wait to see what you got, Betty! Actually I got a sneak peek of part of what Jan sent. She was so excited to send to you, weren't you girl?

Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 26, 2013
3:32 PM

Post #9398453

Fruity i love you too i am very sorry im am just so. Used to texting love you fruity bye bye

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 26, 2013
3:36 PM

Post #9398456

Reboog su dlo sydal tsuj ot dlo ot nrael wen text syaw Just gotta spell it out to US :)) HEHE

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 26, 2013
4:21 PM

Post #9398483

Am doing happy dance..

Sorry, company just left, bit of clean up to do then off to bed. Will be back early morning with photo's..omg you will all be so envious, know you will...

Jan love everyone of them..can't give these gals too much info..they have to wait till morning..going to have to pry them out of Debbie's hand. Lol. Know a few girls on the thread are already eying them

Thank you, thank you..im at a loss for words..how generous. Your craftsmanship
Is that of a pro.

Always tell when I'm beyond excited, ramble more than usual..

Jan, sending hugs

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 27, 2013
5:23 AM

Post #9398860

Morning all,

Didn't sleep a good part of the night and here I am fighting a headache...

Do you think it could be caused from fretting that someone may want to keep my rocks from Jan???? got me worried indeed!

In my garden this little house shall welcome all those who visit..not sure of the size
of the stones but perhaps they could be included in a stained glass piece

This is just too beautiful to be set in a garden, must display it as a feature piece on one of the decks

Now this shelf,it's beauty, got to take time and decide where it shall be displayed

My bedroom is done in red/white/black so on the fireplace ledge it shall sit

Would indeed be difficult to pick a favorite but I can see this piece (if size permits) sitting on my coffee table as a conversation piece.

Jan, you outdid yourself..I am truly appreciative of your efforts! I shall cherish each
piece..

now you can all see why I didn't sleep

Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 27, 2013
5:32 AM

Post #9398873

Betty, those are beautiful rocks! I agree, Jan is so talented, and I love her generosity!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 27, 2013
6:43 AM

Post #9398921

Is the last broken piece petrified wood?
And the second to last piece , the white that looks like be crystal's. What is that?
These are a wonderful beautiful assortment.
The second piece, is that a copper ore?

lanakila

lanakila
Holly Springs, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 27, 2013
7:32 AM

Post #9398962

Finally catching up after having been away unexpectedly. I know I'm the last to send, but I'll get it out by Wednesday!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 27, 2013
8:21 AM

Post #9399002

I'm not quite sure what all are as they were shipped to USA side and I won't get to pick them up for a few weeks..beautiful aren't they!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 27, 2013
9:07 AM

Post #9399039

Those are really cool looking rocks Maybe jan can jump in & Tell us about them .
off to have my Lunch :))
Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

January 27, 2013
11:25 AM

Post #9399164

Wow love them Betty you are very creative. We all love you and your artistic skills very much.

This message was edited Jan 29, 2013 8:11 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 31, 2013
6:54 AM

Post #9403582

A NEW VALENTINE CARD SWAP :) HURRY CHECK US OUT
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1296313/
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 31, 2013
7:17 AM

Post #9403603

Well this rock swap just goes to show that gardeners are a pretty talented bunch at LOTS of things besides gardening and know how to have fun!!!

Anyone checking out the new swap Susie listed above?????? I did and signed up -- of course! Come join us everyone!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2013
1:18 PM

Post #9406143

Elfie, did your rock come today? Thinking it should be there soon if Lanakila was able to mail last Wednesday.
Lanakila, would you please let me know either way?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 2, 2013
3:48 PM

Post #9406301

Only rocks landing here are the ones I was throwing across the yard to mAke rings around the bulbs I planted today. I planted for hours and hours. But I got most of it done.

If she mailed on Wensday, I should get them Monday or Tuesday.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2013
4:44 AM

Post #9406657

if they had been mailed prioity or flate rate you should have had them by saturday Fruity you didn't get a conf# from her yet ? well lets hope they land by Monday :) just keep your head safe :)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 3, 2013

Post #9406703

Well that's what I thought but don't even have a shipping notice yet.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2013
6:37 AM

Post #9406729

well hope you hear from her this week .
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

February 4, 2013
12:53 PM

Post #9408302

Hi Betty,

I hope I can answer your questions.
Okay, The one with the candle sits flat and where the sticky tape is where you put the candle. It is suppose to shine through the agate.
The one is petrified wood from up around the Oregon High desert and the green is something I found in AZ and had a friend slice it for me , The little crystal is also from AZ , It is a real combination of some neat rocks and decorated rock house. I do hope you enjoy it all. I am glad you got it. I was worried about not being able to send it directly to you but I am glad everything arrived save and sound. Hugs.

This message was edited Feb 4, 2013 1:57 PM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 4, 2013
1:00 PM

Post #9408312

Can't wait to meet up with Debbie and pick up my treasures...
I am grateful for your thoughtfulness...tks again..
will post photo's of their new home once the snow and decks are cleared!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2013

Post #9417509

Still waiting for one more rock to be thrown your way, Kris. I am truly sorry you have had to wait so long.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 13, 2013
7:24 AM

Post #9417582

It is ok Fruity. You can just close this thread. At this point I doubt it is coming. I had a blast painting and sending my rocks. And it was a great deal of fun watching Goober agonized over the perfect rocks to send to Miss NEENER. So all and all I am good.

Thanks again for hosting this and please do not be upset on my account. Life happens and things get away from all of us.

(((((((( FRUITY )))))))))))))

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 13, 2013
9:04 AM

Post #9417699

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1298190/

There is an Easter swap open, come and check it out please?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 16, 2013
12:48 PM

Post #9421048

GOT MY ROCK!!!!

And last is not least!!

I received a lovely rock that says:

I cannot count
My day complete
To soil, water, and
Flowers meet.

Absolutely love it.

My box was a little battered by the post office. So I lost some of the water crystals she sent. But I still have a god bit to work with, there was also a pair of herb snips, I really need these!!. And last but not least a box of sugar free cheese straws! I will enjoy these too.

Lanakila,,, Thank you so much for my box of goodies. I love my rock!!!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 16, 2013
12:49 PM

Post #9421051

Will have to run to Gwens house to upload the pictures..sigh...

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 18, 2013
4:55 PM

Post #9423584

Trying again

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

February 18, 2013
7:12 PM

Post #9423753

Nice!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2013
7:41 PM

Post #9423781

Love that saying. We can all relate to it about now, itching to get out there.

Great job, Lanakila. I so envy folks who are able to paint free hand.

Time to close this out for for another year. Thanks all for participating.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 18, 2013
7:49 PM

Post #9423787

Thanks for hosting this swap. I love my new rock and will be putting it into my garden for the summer soon!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

February 18, 2013
7:58 PM

Post #9423794

Great Fun, Fruity! I never thought of painting rocks before this swap. Well, since I was a child and used crayolas on them

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 19, 2013
6:21 AM

Post #9424066

Love that rock Kris!

Thanks for another great swap Fruity!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 19, 2013
6:58 AM

Post #9424109

We have a few swaps open, come and check them out.

6th Annual 3 B-House Swap
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1298478/

6th Annual 3 B-House Swap
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1298190/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America