Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Hectic holiday plans and chilly weather - gardeners retreat indoors for quick December to-dos: Yep, brought them in!

Communities > Forums > Article: Hectic holiday plans and chilly weather - gardeners retreat indoors for quick December to-dos
bookmark
Forum: Article: Hectic holiday plans and chilly weather - gardeners retreat indoors for quick December to-dosReplies: 1, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
quiltygirl
No Central, AZ
(Zone 7b)

December 10, 2012
7:11 PM

Post #9355168

Moving from inland SoCal to north AZ has brought weather way too cold for us and the plants. I brought a bunch of plants from CA, all in pots, and they are still in pots. Even though this house is 10 years old, there has, apparently, never been ANY plant put into the ground! Our first freeze (16 degrees) and snow were the second weekend in Nov. Luckily our days are warmer than others that have our night temps. I used a Rubbermaid shelf unit that used to be in our garage and brought a bunch of plants in to the kitchen nook area that was not used for anything but dog dishes. Geraniums, oesteoporums (sp), succulents, purple queen, etc. Purple queen left outdoors 'melted' as did even the society garlic, but several that are inside are even blooming! I did have to deal with spider mite, but a dawn/water spray outside did the trick.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

December 11, 2012
7:24 AM

Post #9355477

Sounds like good plant fun there, quiltygirl! Isn't it a nice break from whatever else has to be done? Thanks for reading and responding.
I used Joy soap and water to wash mites off my lemon and it seems to have worked well.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hectic holiday plans and chilly weather - gardeners retreat indoors for quick December to-dos Threads you might be interested in:

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America