Photo by Melody

Article: Popular Christmas Tree Varieties: Which One is Right for You?: Norfolk Pine

Communities > Forums > Article: Popular Christmas Tree Varieties: Which One is Right for You?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Popular Christmas Tree Varieties: Which One is Right for You?Replies: 2, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
CLScott
Calgary
Canada

December 11, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9355370

The Norfolk Pine will be my Xmas tree this year.
It is a tropical growing in a container.
The shape is not perfect, but it will be enjoyed long after the holidays.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 11, 2012
3:38 PM

Post #9355818

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/342/

Great article, Angie! I am often totally baffled when I go to buy a tree, as well as blown away by the prices.

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 11, 2012
5:59 PM

Post #9355909

My husband just told me that he's read about new services renting live Christmas trees in pots for the holiday season. Once the potted plants are too large for the average home, they are planted outdoors. What a neat idea! I love the idea of a live, potted tree, but have no room in my yard to plant them after the holidays are over. I also know it can be difficult to acclimate the plants to the winter temps outdoors after their timespan indoors, and mid-winter isn't the ideal time for establishing a tree outdoors in many zones. I'm sure it isn't cheap, but it addresses the conflicts many have with cutting a tree down for such a short period of time for decoration, while still allowing for the use of a real tree.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Popular Christmas Tree Varieties: Which One is Right for You? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Couple of corrections! Resin 3 Dec 11, 2012 5:45 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America