Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beginner Fruit: Wintering potted blueberry

Communities > Forums > Beginner Fruit
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FruitReplies: 2, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Mszoo
Scituate, RI

December 11, 2012
7:02 AM

Post #9355440

I have potted blueberry plants that never made it into the ground this past summer. I brought them into the garage for the winter. Are they better off in the garage or should I leave them outside? Should they be watered & if so, how often? Thanks.
altagardener
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 12, 2012
5:54 PM

Post #9356799

You could just bury them in the ground, pot and all, up to the level of the rim, forget about them for the winter, and plant them out in spring. It may be a little problematic in the garage if temperatures are a bit warm and they come out of dormancy.
racenbug
Newton, NC
(Zone 8a)

March 11, 2013
5:58 PM

Post #9446342

To: altagardener---or anyone else reading my plea for help!!
I have been trying to grow blueberries for 4 yrs here now. I am a transplant from New England where I had rich dark soil & grew everything with luck, I am now here in NC the land seemingly of red clay. We have taken soil samples, tried to get the ph just right...but nothing but tiny little fruits that never grew fuller.
Later this week the EXT. co-op has my 3 new plants/bushes ready for pick-up & I could sure use the most foolproof advice possible as I would love to finally be able to simply go to my bkyd rather than store where i dont know who has sprayed, touched, or otherwise messed with the fruit .
Help please...??? Thank you very much ahead !!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Fruit Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blackberries, blueberries and strawberries... RyanandRachel 15 Mar 9, 2007 9:11 PM
Cuttings from Old Apple Tree wildgardengirl 4 Mar 16, 2007 4:08 PM
Strawberries HighCntryGrdnr 18 Sep 4, 2012 6:23 PM
wondering about the fig trees sslopoke 4 Apr 14, 2007 12:26 AM
Queen Ann Cherry Trees lafko06 1 Apr 16, 2007 2:25 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America