Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Figgy pudding, English Christmas pudding, and boiled plum pudding for the holiday season: Christmas pud

Communities > Forums > Article: Figgy pudding, English Christmas pudding, and boiled plum pudding for the holiday season
bookmark
Forum: Article: Figgy pudding, English Christmas pudding, and boiled plum pudding for the holiday seasonReplies: 1, Views: 5
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
quiltjean
North Chelmsford, MA
(Zone 6b)

December 11, 2012
8:12 AM

Post #9355515

Oh, thank you! I've had Christmas pudding when I lived in the UK. What a rich, gorgeous taste. That and the Yule log (fruitcake rolled and covered with marzipan) are joys of the Christmas season. Maybe I shall try to make a pudding sometime during the twelve days. Trouble is, both of these confections consist entirely of calories!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

December 11, 2012
2:44 PM

Post #9355779

Yes, everything I've read about it sounded fattening! I tried to convince myself that it really didn't sound appetizing, but I was only partially successful, especially when I found out they are traditionally served with hard sauce (YUM) or caramel sauce (YUM). Thank you for your comment.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Figgy pudding, English Christmas pudding, and boiled plum pudding for the holiday season Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Skimmia pud gabrielfortune 2 Dec 10, 2012 7:16 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America