Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Fruit: Rampant Raspberry Help...

Communities > Forums > Beginner Fruit
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FruitReplies: 0, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ZenOne

December 11, 2012
1:47 PM

Post #9355746

Hi all...

I have two really overgrown raspberry bushes that have never been pruned properly and have been grown as a hedge...they are now out of control and all the new shoots are on the outside leaving old bare leafless wood internally...

I hope the photos can be of some assistance ...I'm sorry they aren't clearer...

What I have resembles a very dense hedge...maybe 8 ft high and 8 ft across...15 ft long

I want to prune it hard and am wondering if I were to cut back into the really old branches would I get new shoots next year or be left with a hedge that would take years to recover.?.

Not sure what type of raspberry it is ...it's never produced any berries because of numerous light trimmings throughout the year...

Any help would be very welcome...Thank you...

Thumbnail by ZenOne   Thumbnail by ZenOne
Click an image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Fruit Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blackberries, blueberries and strawberries... RyanandRachel 15 Mar 9, 2007 9:11 PM
Cuttings from Old Apple Tree wildgardengirl 4 Mar 16, 2007 4:08 PM
Strawberries HighCntryGrdnr 18 Sep 4, 2012 6:23 PM
wondering about the fig trees sslopoke 4 Apr 14, 2007 12:26 AM
Queen Ann Cherry Trees lafko06 1 Apr 16, 2007 2:25 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America