Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Brugmansias: Berfee

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 69, Views: 597
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

December 13, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #9357065

First time bloom super flower! And a varigated blooming too.

Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants
Click an image for an enlarged view.

gaseedgrower
Hollywood, FL
(Zone 11)

December 13, 2012
9:47 AM

Post #9357288

Dana, i bet Bergfee will get much darker when it gets mature.

So lovely; you do have so many prettiest there girl.
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

December 13, 2012
12:08 PM

Post #9357373

Thanks! I will show you in a couple days the temps have alot to do with color might not change
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

December 13, 2012
1:23 PM

Post #9357466

Lady Margaret showing off

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Click the image for an enlarged view.

gaseedgrower
Hollywood, FL
(Zone 11)

December 13, 2012
2:47 PM

Post #9357518

Holy cow...i am drolling on Lady Margaret.
gardenpaw
Brownstown, IN

December 13, 2012
8:49 PM

Post #9357760

Pretty-Pretty!!!
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

December 14, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #9358409

Thanks its great here right now the scent blows you away out side. The flash made it look lighter color but no color change. Rosallo bought this from Eddie quite a few years back.

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

December 15, 2012
5:47 AM

Post #9358768

Sweetheart looking good Rachel has been blooming last 2 months another Berfee just starting too.
These flowers are just so big. Had a surprise with this solandra blooming cool flower

Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

December 16, 2012
8:58 AM

Post #9359778

Rachel another berfee blooming and Sam

Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

December 19, 2012
7:53 AM

Post #9362156

A couple of Angels Sunbeam and Rachel still going strong Tootsie and Joe's Girl the plants are really enjoying the cooler weather

Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

December 20, 2012
7:56 AM

Post #9362944

Davesgarden's messed up all my pics were the right way its loading them wrong
Angels sunbeam too bad about the angle and Earth Angeland Sweetheart

Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

December 20, 2012
5:45 PM

Post #9363410

One more try at last Angels Sunbeam and Angels Golden Dreams Angels Sunbeam again and Wildwood Romance

gaseedgrower
Hollywood, FL
(Zone 11)

December 22, 2012
11:37 AM

Post #9364768

You must be so happy you have all those blooms Dana.
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 2, 2013
4:07 PM

Post #9373481

Tea's Libling not separated skirts but happy to see Rachel looking good as always! and Klein Lady

gaseedgrower
Hollywood, FL
(Zone 11)

January 3, 2013
5:11 AM

Post #9373870

Dana, same with me here with Tea's Leibling. Her first flower not separated at all, maybe when it gets mature she 'll do better. I don't have Klein Lady, i might buy from you later when get settle to the new house.

All your blooms are lovely, thank you.
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 3, 2013
7:23 AM

Post #9373997

Tea's first where seperated but not the best looking color was amazing Green chapel's selling it under another name on ebay. Thanks for the nice comments!!
gardenpaw
Brownstown, IN

January 3, 2013
7:48 AM

Post #9374032

Very pretty, the fragrance must be wonderful!

Karen
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 12, 2013
9:36 AM

Post #9382757

Thanks Karen! it is Befee blooming again just opening its got a pod crossed it with Angels Sunbeam should be neat babies. Rachel has been blooming all winter. First bloom on Joli And New Orleans Lady just starting to begin to get color

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 12, 2013
4:53 PM

Post #9383081

Sweetheart at night the scents amazing. Super Nova blooming too New Orleans Lady just opening. Xena and Rachel

This message was edited Jan 12, 2013 7:55 PM

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 13, 2013
5:00 AM

Post #9383392

Joe's Girl blooming again

Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants         

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 14, 2013
5:44 AM

Post #9384312

Super Rose its a small plant first flower Tootsie cute little flower Creamsickle thats one huge flower last but not least Painted lady

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 18, 2013
5:02 AM

Post #9388921

Tootsie this morning down to the 30's Xena Rachel still at it Pink Velvet does super here

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 18, 2013
2:06 PM

Post #9389459

Very beautiful pics dana!!! Got some advice for a newbie to brugs???? I obtained some brug cuttings and placed them in water and all but two rooted well for me and took them and put them in pots in dirt and now all the leaves that had come on them since putting them in water to root are now falling off :( Will they continue to grow if all the leaves fall off or am I "loosing" them???? Help please!!! Anyone?????

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

January 18, 2013
2:47 PM

Post #9389506

Beautiful Pictures !

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

January 18, 2013
2:51 PM

Post #9389508

Cuttings will often seem to die down and then reshoot from below, don't overwater them as specially if it is cold weather.

I am unfamiliar with your conditions ...good luck with your cuttings.
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 18, 2013
3:41 PM

Post #9389543

Thanks Chrissy tells you good advise the only thing I can add is knats those crazy little flys that attack your cuttings and look for mites in door cuttings are prone to this and us over watering. Don't give up only water when there dry only when a plant has lots of big leaves does it need a good drink. Hope this helps!
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 19, 2013
1:58 PM

Post #9390370

WupperGold just opening Gold Flame just starting too. Angels Summertime with those long tendrills Klein Lady and Lemon Meringue

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 19, 2013
4:41 PM

Post #9390509

THANKS everyone for the advice!! Much appreciated!! I will just watch them closely and not water unless dry and hope for the best!! Is it easier to just try and get seeds and start them from seed in the spring than the cuttings??? Have never had them either way before and am kind of at a loss as what is best to do!! Thanks again

Beautiful flowers dana!! Just love them and seeing all these beautiful pics just makes me want mine to survive all the more!!! Only problem is, if I do get my few cuttings to make it , I am going to want more !!!!!
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 20, 2013
6:08 AM

Post #9390955

Seeds can take a year or more to flower with your short summers I would say no then if they don't flower where are you going to over winter them? They get big better off with cuttings above the y you will see flowers that summer. Heres Gold Flame today

Thumbnail by Danasplants

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 20, 2013
6:26 AM

Post #9390972

Only two of my cuttings have a "Y" shape to them , the rest are just "straight". Most of them developed the leaves after placing them in the water to root them(were just "straight sticks" )when I received them. But now since putting them in pots alot of the leaves seem to be falling off. Will they grow up from the soil or will they get new leaves to replace what is falling off???

And looked closer and do see a few small gnats on a couple of them--wiped them off with rag dipped in HOT water and will check daily for more!!

Upon receiving the cuttings and trying to root them-- should I have started them right in pots of dirt instead of water???

Pic of Gold Flame is beautiful!!!
gaseedgrower
Hollywood, FL
(Zone 11)

January 20, 2013
7:12 AM

Post #9391016

Always lovely blooms you have Dana. Thank you for sharing.
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 20, 2013
8:36 AM

Post #9391105

Thanks Cora! sbish leaves may fall off from too much water. Hot water on them is not going to do much good either some folks use fly stickers to get the gnats or put sand on top of soil to keep gnats out. your cuttings may be taken from the top of the y they don't have to have a y it will take you time to figure this out took me a couple years to get the hang of growing these beautiful flowers. Its all a learning experience one well worth doing!
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 20, 2013
3:25 PM

Post #9391604

Wuppergold look at that color Wow!!

Thumbnail by Danasplants

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 21, 2013
5:06 AM

Post #9392069

WOW!! BEAUTIFUL!!! How many different colors/varieties do you have???? They sure are awfully pretty!
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 21, 2013
3:06 PM

Post #9392748

orange yellow white and pink with different shades of all. Theres cold group there some awesome colors but you have to live in cold country not me lol And the colors change in shades with heat and cold. Heres Lady Margaret I really like the Passion vines the butterflys love them too hard to believe for some but there still here flying around

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 21, 2013
4:17 PM

Post #9392807

Those are absolutely beautiful!!! I can't decide which ones I like the most , the brugs or the passion vines!!! Guess it will have to be a tie!!!!
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 22, 2013
5:34 AM

Post #9393389

Xena going crazy!! Dream Angel first time blooming here Kong's blooming too And Shooting Star this one smells so good!

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 23, 2013
5:42 AM

Post #9394462

Tea's Libling for this time of year nice color Xena smelling Amazing! Gold Flame flowers really last and WupperGold what a difference a couple days makes in color

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 23, 2013
2:39 PM

Post #9395103

Borners Gold always nice to see this one bloom right in time to be crossed with Wupper gold should make awesome babies both ways!!

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 24, 2013
6:29 AM

Post #9395765

Super Rose just starting has not colored up yet I call this baby brug house there loving it !!

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 24, 2013
6:43 AM

Post #9395797

SOOOOO PRETTY Dana!!! I bet people stop by your yard and "ooohhh & aaahhh" at your beauties !! I know I would if I lived in your area!!!!
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 26, 2013
7:04 AM

Post #9398005

Thanks Frostys all over here blooming Frostys a cool brug never fertilize it it just keeps going hardly gets any water either. Perfect for beginners!

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 28, 2013
8:42 AM

Post #9400090

Being my first time trying to get brugs started--these are my cuttings--started them in water to root then put in pots--some are doing well(I think) and some not so well! Do some take longer to show progress than others??

For the ones that have new growth(leaves) on them--the leaves grew while they were in the water rooting--now that they are in soil some of the leaves are falling off!!

Of the two that don't seem to be showing much of anything , of course one of them is one I really wanted to grow(called Naughty Nick) just because one of my son's is named Nick!!

Any suggestions , comments??? THANKS

Thanks for the tip on an easy one for beginners(ME!) Dana!! I will have to check around and see if I can find that one!!
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 28, 2013
8:45 AM

Post #9400096

OOPS! Forgot to upload the photos for the above post--so here they are!!

(once you post something , can you go back & edit to add photos??)

Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5         

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 28, 2013
9:07 AM

Post #9400119

They will die back but will come back from roots. the others look good! Main thing is not to over water putting sand on top of dirt helps keep knats out of the soil there not good.
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 28, 2013
9:09 AM

Post #9400122

Thanks--have a bag of "play" sand --will that work or does it have to be a special kind of sand??
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 28, 2013
11:48 AM

Post #9400302

Play sand's good when you do water give them diluted miracle grow about 1/2 strength 1/2 tablespoon to a gallon of water . and you should be good for spring!
Rhapsody616
Long Beach, CA

January 28, 2013
11:44 PM

Post #9400896

Very nice!!
gaseedgrower
Hollywood, FL
(Zone 11)

January 29, 2013
5:19 AM

Post #9400996

Dana, i am amaze of many variety of plants you have girlfriend; specially brugmansia and plumeria.

With all the caring you spend with your plants, thank you for taking time of sharing it here.
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 29, 2013
6:10 AM

Post #9401064

Your quite welcome heres some of your babies Dalens Pink has buds Berfee has a pod Volkie just y'ed I really enjoy growing these. How are yours doing?? with this mild winter they should be big already. Endless Summer on its way out turned orange. Subline this is a neat looking brug. Seed pod on Sam looks like zucchini. Monster on Schlossburg its got about 5 pods on it should be good babies. Potted up a bunch of cuttings at the end of the month going to Zolfo Springs for a big sale it goes on for 5 days they have awesome archids there and pitcher plants the really big ones its a good time

gaseedgrower
Hollywood, FL
(Zone 11)

January 29, 2013
6:23 AM

Post #9401083

I don't know how my babies doing back home in Ga. I am very scared what awaits me when i go home in few weeks.
We decide not to buy a house here in Fl for now. I don't have brugs bloom here in apartment that is why i am glad you are sharing.
Sublime, looks neat and Sam's pod you are right, looks like zuccini lol.
My son brought all my plants inside greenhouse, he said nothing growing new leaves, that's scary. I may end up buying a lot from you.
Have fun at the sales.
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 30, 2013
9:16 AM

Post #9402507

Is he feeding them this is the time of year i pour the food to them. And check daily for mites. Tomorrow we cool down to 60 for a high been 80's here today is that good day for this. I have a couple long poles I tie fishing string too 5 ft put a kite on it with the breeze it flys all day. Super Rose is just that keeps flowering not growing but the flowers are nice. Solandra blooming in the green house.

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 30, 2013
9:35 AM

Post #9402527

Very pretty!! Really like that last one!!!

Love the kites!!! Very cool!!!

This message was edited Jan 31, 2013 9:37 AM
gaseedgrower
Hollywood, FL
(Zone 11)

January 31, 2013
5:29 AM

Post #9403505

Him feeding my plants???????lol. I would just be happy if really water them inside the greenhouse regularly.
Super Rose and Solandra is beautiful.
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 31, 2013
5:39 AM

Post #9403514

So true gaseedgrower!! Nobody "loves & cares" for our babies the way we do!!! LOL
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 31, 2013
8:39 AM

Post #9403721

Mites all kind of pests could be a contributing factor to no growth but food is a #1 to bad your not buying a house here flowers year round! This ones just coming out of dormancy

Thumbnail by Danasplants

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 31, 2013
8:46 AM

Post #9403724

That is GORGEOUS!!! Really like that one!! You are so lucky to live where you can have beauties like that year round!!!
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

January 31, 2013
11:42 AM

Post #9403870

Heres the Solandra when it has its color

Thumbnail by Danasplants

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

February 10, 2013
4:54 PM

Post #9414650

Earth Angel and Sam New Orleans Lady just starting to color up and Rachel

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

February 10, 2013
10:40 PM

Post #9414917

Love your Brugs Dana !
Some of my favourites there.

chrissy
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

February 11, 2013
3:26 AM

Post #9414988

All so pretty!! How many different ones do you have?????
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

February 11, 2013
3:54 AM

Post #9414995

Quite a few never too many I have the room heres Queen of tears

Thumbnail by Danasplants

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

February 11, 2013
5:27 AM

Post #9415057

Queen of tears is very pretty!! I guess it is easy to get "hooked" on them once you start getting them!! This is my first year for trying them and am hoping I "do it right" and they survive!! Out of the ones I started in water , I have two that don't seem to be doing anything, but the rest have gotten roots and have grown new leaves!! Just hoping when I transfer them outside that they continue to do well!!

Kept looking at them from afar over the years and finally talked to the older gentleman who is the gardener at one of our local churches(he has them planted all around the church--just white). He gave me some seeds from them and said "give it a shot" and if they don't work you know where to come get some more from next fall!! Very nice gentleman who loves his gardening!! Was always told they would not do well in this area , but he says otherwise and he has the beauties all around the church to prove it!! So hopefully I will have the same luck!! We shall see!
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

February 11, 2013
6:48 AM

Post #9415154

Test your skills with the freebies and see how it goes before you start buying so you don't waste your money. You learn from your mistakes it really hurts when you have money involved. This has been the mildest winter I can remember. Plants are loving it. Shooting star awesome fragrance

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

February 11, 2013
7:53 AM

Post #9415267

Taking your advice Dana!! Got the free seeds from the gentleman at the church and have paid just "postage" to a few DG members for a few cuttings, so not too much invested cost wise so far!! Biggest cost is going to be to my ego if they don't make it or do well(LOL)!!!
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

February 11, 2013
8:42 AM

Post #9415344

just keep in mind there heavy feeders if you want lots of flowers you have to feed them. As soon as there rooted pretty good start feeding them and keep a eye out for pests that eat the leaves. Heres Tabby look at the color of the leaves when there this color you know its right they get a emerald green when there happy

Thumbnail by Danasplants

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

February 11, 2013
9:41 AM

Post #9415407

Dana, this is what mine currently look like. A few look o.k. as far as I can tell and some not so good!! Any suggestions for me by what you can tell from the pics????

One on right side in back (1st pic) is in water---rest in pots.

2nd pic has just the tiny little green nubs--been that way a long time.

3rd pic--these ones not doing so well--doesn't look like they will make it ????

4th pic--not so well either--leaves either died and falling off or curled up

5th pic--half o.k. - half not o.k.

some I know the names of --most do not-- does type make a difference???

Thank you so much for all your advice. It is greatly appreciated!!

Shirley

Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

February 11, 2013
10:01 AM

Post #9415436

too much waters bad let them dry out before watering and give just a little 3rd ones on its way out but it could send off shoot from below 4th looks like not enough light and maybe too wet the one in the water looks the best hold back on watering and when you do a 1/4 strength miracle grow would proably work. You will have fun with the seeds soak them in warm water and give them a couple drops of peroxide in a glass soak for 24 hours and plant the soil should be nuked in the microwave so it kills all the germs bacteria in the soil and rule of thumb only plant the seed down as thick as it is you will need bottom heat and keep it moist not wet and your good to go

Txtea

Txtea
Fabens, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 11, 2013
8:03 PM

Post #9416172

Dana, I have been following your pictures for quite awhile, Beautiful ! You stated above bottom heat on the seeds. Would you advise me the temp to set mat at to try to start a few seeds I have, Thanks
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

February 12, 2013
4:04 AM

Post #9416306

Sorry really can't say don't want to guess I have the heat matts they sell for plants. But being here were the temps have been good i don't really need it. You being in Texas maybe you don't need it either. I love fragrant plants and these are fun to grow and the rewards keep coming. Heres Tea's Libling look at that color. Shooting Star the scent on this is awesome New Orleans Lady really love the color on this one. And Xena another robust grower and bloomer

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America