Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Garden Pests and Diseases: Texas sage is sick

Communities > Forums > Garden Pests and Diseases
bookmark
Forum: Garden Pests and DiseasesReplies: 2, Views: 18
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pennysue417
Granbury, TX
(Zone 7b)

December 14, 2012
3:51 AM

Post #9357844

I found something that looks like a black mold on the truck of my Texas Sage bush and it's spreading through the limbs. What should I do? Will it affect my other sage bushes planted next to it? They are still small enough that they aren't touching. Should I dig it up? I planted these this summer but have had some that were 7 yrs. old before I moved with no problems at all. Please help!!!!!
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 14, 2012
7:16 AM

Post #9357955

Can you post some pictures?

trackinsand

trackinsand
mid central, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 26, 2012
4:02 PM

Post #9367846

these plants seem to be susceptible to the black mold (probably sooty mold) which is caused by other pests like scale, mealybugs, etc. and the ants that "farm" them. this is a really tough plant but i've found from experience that they absolutely need very good air circulation or these problems will occur. if they are already in a great place, then i would spray them with a soap spray to clean them up and then watch for pests.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Pests and Diseases Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hollyhock Rust ??? snuggles 8 Feb 25, 2008 1:41 PM
Pests: Calling all slug experts! (Not for the faint of heart) candleberry 162 Jun 18, 2014 7:41 AM
PROOF that milk kills mildew Wintermoor 26 Jun 26, 2007 4:54 PM
These ants are a bane Dinu 18 Nov 13, 2007 5:18 PM
Getting rid of yellow jackets ButterflyGardnr 23 Jun 18, 2009 2:34 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America