Ornaments

Union Grove, WI(Zone 5b)

This has been my year for making ornaments...here are some of what I've made (most will be given away as gifts)

Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Ok, how? Some are purchased, decorated plain ones--#1, 4 & 5, but what is #2 made of? #3 is play clay decorated?

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

#2 looks like shotgun shells!!!!

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

Blown eggs, shotgun shells, and clay. Excellent ideas and very well done!

Union Grove, WI(Zone 5b)

You all got it! The eggs are from my chickens, but you can use store bought eggs too. I used rub-ons that you find in the scrapbooking isle and mod podge (sp?) to coat them.

The shotgun shells are courtesy of my husband, but never fear, no animals were hurt in the making of those ornaments (he only does target shooting - would never shoot at an animal).

And the last ones are from clay, I make pottery so I used the scraps, I just stamped them, glazed then wiped off (so glaze was only in the stamp/design) and fired them. You could use air dry clay or oven bake clay and acrylic paints.

I also bought a bunch of felt but never got to making those ornaments, maybe for next year :-)

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Great job Crissy! I love them. Maybe you can teach us for next year!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images