.45 reported so far .

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Latest update; .8".

Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Quote from frogymon :
Latest update; .8".

Braggart !

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

I've had a total of 4.36" since I got the weather station in early June.

Gilbert, AZ

I wish I had an efficient way to harvest and store the water that runs off my house - would like to put it on the plants instead of the "desert" landscaped areas that have no plants.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Lots of rain here...

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Overall I got 1.1" for the weekend and the forecast is calling for more on Tuesday.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

We got about 1.9". I detested the gloomy cold weather but am grateful for the rain. I don't know how people can stand to live in the PacNW. I'd go outta my mind.

Gilbert, AZ

Yeh, I hear ya Judy, I don't know how they do it the PacNW, but I sure do enjoy our rainy days. Fixed some beef and barley soup this afternoon just because it's soup weather!

Mesa, AZ

Chili and Cornbread, plus a big pot of Tuscan vegetable soup for freezing and lunches. Then because it seemed like a good time to bake cookies, a double batch of chocolate chip cookies. House smelled (still smells) wonderful.

Susie

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

I made a big pot of beans Tuesday and we baked brownies, lemon bars and cookies yesterday.

Litchfield Park, AZ

MMM I love lemon bars.

Gilbert, AZ

Good idea to make lemon bars. I still have lemon juice frozen from last season and need to get it moved so I can juice this year's lemon!

Anybody affected much by the frost/freeze last night?

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Spent all that time last night prepping the yard, covering plants, etc.....and it only got down to 37 degrees in my yard.
Glad about that, but now I don't think I'll bother tonight as they predicted tonight would be the same or a bit warmer than last night.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Only got down to 38 here, so no worries.

Phoenix, AZ

After dragging lots of stuff in the house, it didnt freeze. Now to drag stuff back out :)

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

We actually got down to freezing last night - so colder than the previous night! Ice sheet on the birdbath to boot! Glad I covered up for one more night...

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

It got down to 33 last night and I didn't cover anything, since most of the plants are either on the porch or near the house.

Gilbert, AZ

I was surprised to see frost on the grass this morning after last night was forecast to be warmer than the previous night. Went ahead and put a cover for another night over my bell peppers and sweet potato vine that is in a bed.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi, I just dropped in to see what was going on on your forum. I've been up in the PNW since 1941 and I wouldn't live anywhere else. But I have spent two weeks in Palm Springs in Feb. for 13 years and I love it.
I used to spend summers in Victorville CA and loved it. Have also spent some time in AZ. It's great. I just thought it was funny to hear you asking about us up here. It's not so bad. It's green and you can grow almost anything. My hellebores are starting to bloom and I still have some roses out. One inch of snow yesterday. Sunshine today. It is really great. I also have two hummingbirds at the feeded this winter.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I had 40 degrees here...wonder if my thermometer works right...

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

I only got down to 47 last night.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.