What kind of plant is this?

kolkata, India

This is a wild plant in our region

Thumbnail by indian_guy Thumbnail by indian_guy Thumbnail by indian_guy Thumbnail by indian_guy Thumbnail by indian_guy
Keaau, HI

Looks like a Composite.

Any flowers to show?

kolkata, India

There are no flowers in this plant

Keaau, HI

Certainly the plant will flower at some point. Showing a flower / fruit is key to identifying a plant.

Upon showing a reproductive part of a plant, we can identify a plant for you.

Please show as many details as possible to ID the plantl.

kolkata, India

Well right now I dunno wether if this plant gonna reproduce or not

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

You may want to check with the Botanical Garden of Kolkata....they have a reference library and are cultivating over 100 medicinal and wild herbs...perhaps, since it is a native plant, they can give you a positive ID.

I also ran across the Botanic Survey of India, based in Kolkata....here is some contact info for them.

http://164.100.52.111/indianBotanicgarden.shtm

Keaau, HI

Please keep us posted We can help.

kolkata, India

Botanic Survey of India charges around 100 Rupees to identify the plant that's kinda expensive

Sorry, I may have gotten the math wrong. I was thinking that 100 Rupees was equivalent to a little less than $2.00US. We are so used to paying surcharges and taxes on things here that I did not consider the difference in cost.

Keaau, HI

Aw heck!

If you show us the flowers & fruit of a plant, we can idendify the plant for free!

Please show us as many details as possible.

When the plant shows a flower, then fruit / seed, we can easily find an identification for you.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 9b)

Foliage reminds me of Francoa - maybe something Saxifragaceae.

I think Francoa itself is indigenous to Chile...Is there a species of Saxifragaceae with prickly leaves?

Beautiful, BC(Zone 9b)

I'm not sure I understand prickly. The new foliage being purple reminds me of some of the Solanums. Considering Kolkata is in a quite tropical area and the botanical garden would have a good working knowledge of local plants, I'd say themoonhowl's suggestion is a good one.

In looking at the leaves in the pictures, they appear to have small prickles on the leaf margins...

Municipality of Murr, PA

Gerbera?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Are those thorny vines part of that plant? Or is there several plants there

Also, is the small plant to the left the same kind of plant? To which do the small blooms belong?

Karachi, Pakistan(Zone 11)

it could be Blumea fistulosa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.