Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Crochet Necklace

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Tried my hand at a crocheted necklace. Used plastic cabone rings covered with gold metallic thread and joined with gold jump rings and a flower.

Thumbnail by haighr
Herndon, VA(Zone 6b)

Very nice :)

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks, it was something different to make for a change.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

What is a jump ring Candee? I'm ignorant about a lot!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well as a matter of fact I had no idea what they were until the other day. They are the metal rings used in jewelry making to attach chains and such together.

Thumbnail by haighr

Thanks for the explanation. I think I would like to make one only a bit bigger to fit over the head and just use all rings....

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

This one fits over the head and uses about 2" rings with crochet cover, then small jump rings and then the charm to add some accent.

This message was edited Dec 17, 2012 6:14 PM

Boy, that's what I get for not enlarging the picture this tme. I never noticed the charm or the fact that those rings loin the larger rings together!!! Now your posts make so much more sense to me!! Duh!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

lol!

Herndon, VA(Zone 6b)

The only problem with jump rings is that the cheap ones tend to pull apart at the lightest tug.
Do you happen to have a fav brand?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Not yet, this is my first experience with them. I do have a friend who has been making jewelry for years so I guess I will ask her what she uses.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.