How was your day? #369

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Welcome all to our pet loving chat area!

Here's Scirocco, hoping you'll join us here.

Thumbnail by Tammy
Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Good morning, another wet dark day here. This could depress a person if it continues. No plans today other than to finally do that inventory of gifts and see what else I need.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks Tam! You sure got a lot done. I feel like a slug. Oh yeah I was yesterday.

Well I promised myself I would get something done around here today. Anyone think I will?

Deb breakfast is leftover waffles.

Supper last night turned out really good. Took an onion and sliced it thin started frying it. Added carrot and celery. Kept moisture in it. added some cauliflower and then sliced some kielbasa and added that. Started some brown rice cooking. To the fried mixture I added corn starch and water to thicken it up. When the rice which I had added one beef boullion cube to was done added that to the vegies. Turned out very good. DH took the leftovers to work today. Darn it I wanted them!

Ty is waiting for his breakfast. So maybe I had better start the day with that! Maybe a load of laundry first.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Morning..... dark here, no rain... i hear snow is on the way for tomorrow and Thurs... we shall see.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Terese you keep that snow down there!

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

I am using my cell phone to post cause my Internet DSL is down! Hard to work without a connection

I gave Scirocco some milk to see if she would drink it. Yes! Then I added the vitamin supplement. You would think I had just poisoned it. So I gave her the prednisone with a squirt in her mouth and am leaving the laced milk to see if she will finish it later

I may just get in my workout if I can't work

Vicki You fit more in your days 99% of the time so one slug day is well deserved. Dinner sounded good. Gotta hide the leftovers better next time. ;-)

Off to some exercise
Tam

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Check books caught up and new checks written out. Guess I will finish the Xmas cards! Then it will be a trip to the mailbox!

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

ACK! Verizon says the service is out 'til Sat. No phones or DSL. I hate Verizon. Can't tell you what I went through to reach customer service. I need to find an option 'cause they really tick me off!!!

No exercise yet - just futzing with the darned phone company...

Tam

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh -- that is just unacceptable.

New Smyrna Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Good afternoon everyone. Where did the morning go? I have been up since 4:00 - working all the time. I got my house in order, washed two loads of perma-press and have it drying on hangers from the drying rack. I managed to call and inquire about some bills. Fortunately I was up to date on the big ticket items like mortgage and auto payments. Yes, I am keeping proper records now.

DM had a fall last evening. She bent down to give treats to the cats and went head over heels. The very reason why I am paying someone to come daily to feed the cats and scoop the litter. She was unharmed. The night nurse found her when she came to give meds. She us adjusting nicely. Much better than I expected. I took her out to dinner on Sunday. Didn't visit yesterday and may not go today. Tomorrow is the big Holiday Surf & Turf Dinner for residents and their family and friends - free of charge for everyone.

My DD, DSIL, and DGD's arrive Saturday evening. They decided to take two efficiencies at the building next door to mine. At first I was a little hurt that they were not staying here, but as the time draws closer and I feel more and more exhausted I tend to agree with my daughter that we will all feel more rested and less stressed if we have our own spaces to retreat to in the evenings. We are a family of powerful Chiefs. And too much togetherness can be a problem sometimes.

Patti Sunkist came over yesterday and helped put the lights on my Christmas tree. That was the nicest thing in the world. I would never have been able to do it myself this year. I hope to start hanging the ornaments later this evening and tonight. I just cannot accomplish much before I am tired and/or my back is screaming. Right now I have another stack of mail to go through. It comes in spurts. Two days - nothing. Then a pile that would choke a horse. Pretty day here today, but turning colder by the weekend.

Bonnie

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Haven't been outside yet but the sun is shining here! Looks warm!

Bonnie good that you have some help. I like the too many chiefs! Really glad too hear your mom is adjusting! That Surf and Turf sounds so good!

Maybe I'd better go and check out the stove and then will know if it is warm or cold!

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Have the Xmas cards done and ready to go in the mail tomorrow. Ty and I will be heading outside. Then come back in and make a small snowman jug!

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

well... I bought a 1mo cellular plan with my little cellular USB modem thingie. And now the phone & DSL are back on line!
Did I mention I hate Verizon?

Vicki - woo hoo! Great job getting the banking stuff as well as the Christmas cards done. I actually got mine done and mailed last week. Felt really good.

Bonnie - so glad she's settling in as well as she is. And that she has good care for spills like she took. Just hope she doesn't have any more mishaps. Enjoy the big dinner with her tomorrow!

Debbie - I got the urine odor remover & an LED blacklight today. Its very strongly perfumed, which I really don't like. It makes me think they are covering up the smell. But I went over my office, found a number of spots on the rug and walls/desk. Treated it all and then went downstairs and treated the library (I didn't miss much yesterday but did find a few new spots and sprays on the couch.) I also did the foyer which I have not been able to get smelling good. The vinegar helped but still has that lingering smell.

I went through the buffet cabinet today. Mostly threw old papers away. Just one item for Good Will.

Today is Gary's birthday. We're going to take him out for his free dinner at Shady Maple. That's the big smorgesbord in Lancaster county. I just had a kefir smoothie & cup of tea for lunch so am very much ready for dinner already. :-)

Tam

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Yes Tam you did mention youhated Verizon! LOL I say that at work about certain things! Enjoy your supper. Hope that stuff works for the odor. You need that cat guy to come!

Will be vacumning the livingroom. Well the whole house actually. Why do I keep putting things off.

Lyndonville, NY

Tam, the black lights work pretty good in picking it up. Can you check back tomorrow and see if it cleaned it, or do you think it did the job (minus the perfume smell)?

I have been up since 4:30 a.m then went out and got some errands done. DD fell in the parking lot at work Sunday and came home with her back still hurting and bad knee messed up still. Sigh.

I have a pork roast in the oven and DH just got home.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

I have no idea what to make for supper! Nothing appeals to me. Think I am just tried of figuring out what to make and cooking it.

Lyndonville, NY

Pork roast, mashed taters, green beans and butter biscuits. Oh and gravy

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

we are having tacos.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Still haven't figured out anything!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

FOOD---I am on my way!!!

I have spent the day trying to create calenders---DID YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING!!!!!
I have figured out how to do most of it, need to fine tune the pictures add decorations and add captions AND then comes the fun part of trying to print it out(2 sided) AND comes the really fun part-finding some one who can connect the pages.

Sandy and Andre

I wrapped all my gifts today and took an inventory of what I still need to buy. Only 3 things, and I think I can accomplish that in the city where I grocery shop tomorrow. I have a friend who is hard to buy for, but she likes antique glass and there are antique stores in that city also, so may have to do that too. Since I am having my family dinner Friday night (this week) I will be shopping for things for that. We are having finger foods, and things like that. So much easier than a big meal, which we will have plenty of in the next week.

I had made a chicken casserole today. It has chopped chicken, noodles and stove top stuffing, then mushroom soup poured over it and baked. Used to make it often, but we got tired of it, and I thought about it the other day. So made something old new again. DS is here and honestly I thought he was going to lick the casserole dish. I had a salad and some candied sweet potatoes. Very good meal.

Sandy, I know another lady who makes those calendars, but she has hers put together at Costco photo department. You may try to call there.

Tammy, I hate to say this, but I have verizon and it is the best cell phone service that we have in this area. I have one of their 4G wireless gadgets and it is very seldom that my internet doesn't work. However, with that said, I can see their tower from my back deck!

Debbie your dinner sounded really good. Did the DD fall on ice and snow? That is what I hate about winter, the treachery. Wish we had an attached garage so I wouldn't even have to set foot outside. I promised the DGD if it snowed during the time she was here for Christmas, we would go sledding, or build a snow man or something. I am almost sorry I made that promise, because they are talking of snow this weekend.

Terese, I am just about ready for some good Mexican food. Tacos sound good. DH doesn't like Mexican, so I have to go out with friends to eat a really good MExican meal. How is you incision healing?

Bonnie, I am so happy to hear that your DM is settling in well. I hope that she doesn't have need of anybody picking her off the floor any time soon. You sound like you are really trying to get everything organized. I know that with the family coming, staying in a unit in the same building is probably the best of all possible solutions. That way you can be together when you want, then they can leave, go rest and come back again. I would like that part of it.

Elsie, how are you tonight?

Vicki, glad you got your cards done. I am rethinking next years card list. It cost me an arm and leg to send to all our friends, so may cut back a little. I have had 3 cards returned, so some moved and didn't let us know.

Well, I have an podiatrist appointment in the morning. I have arthritis in the joints of my big toes and causing lots of pain and sort of hindering walking. I made the appointment to see if new orthotics may be able to help. We will see. My insurance may not pay for them, but if he is convinced that they will help, I will pay for them out of pocket. Having aching feet is miserable.

BonnieB I know what you mean about the feet, I am so tired of hurting.
I am going to try Staples, I heard that they will do it. Just ordered some Brochure Paper

Good Night everyone

Sandy and Andre

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

BonnieB - I hope the podiatrist works! If you can afford the orthotics & they give you relief, it'll be well worth the $$!

Debbie - dinner sounded really good! I could see the spots going away in some areas as I treated them. The house does smell remarkably good tonight. I really hate perfumey smells / hate air fresheners etc. The smell of this stuff is more a clean smell. I'm hoping that fades. But I'm pleased so far.

Sandy - that calendar sounds like a great project for you!

Vicki - so what did you do for dinner?

Terese - tacos sound good. What do you do for the tomato? Canned?

Dinner was good. It was seafood night & I had a real hankering for shrimp. So had fried & coconut shrimp as well as pork bbq and more dessert than I should eat in a week. :-)

Good night!
Tam

Tam I am hoping I can get good enough doing them to give as gifts, maybe will be to late this hear, but if I can find some one that can put the holes and wire attachment, I am going to try .

S and A

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Tam -- tomato - bought it from the store. not as good as garden picked, but better than canned.

BonnieB -- see the surgeon for the post surgery check up. healing great though... it's been so itchy, but much better today.

Tacos were good, but not my best... about half the time i forget the black beans.

getting ready to hit the hay....

Good Morning it is cold here
I need some help with captions for my pictures

Please give me suggestions captions for this 1st 4 pictures for my calendar

1st is Jan. so far I have this "Even in Winter theGlory of Flowers Brighten Our Weary Souls"
2nd is Fed
3rd is March
4th is April so far I have "The Sweat Scent of the First Rose of Spring

If Y'all can think of anything better please post
Thank you

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107 Thumbnail by wren107 Thumbnail by wren107 Thumbnail by wren107

Good morning, was awakened by the telephone. A neighbor saying the horses were out. DH has taken care of that. I have had my coffee and read the paper, so will dress and be ready to leave to go shopping when it gets daylight.

Sandy, I will think on it today, and maybe come up with something. In the one caption, it should be sweet instead of sweat! Hehe. Love that spellcheck.

thanks Bad night not really awake yet

Sandy and Andre

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Good Morning!

No telephone calls will wake us up! The phone is out but we have internet. I can live with that. :-)

Sandy - I LOVE that April rose. Do you know what kind it is?

Feb - Even on the dreariest days, there is beauty to be found
Mar -

will have to ponder
Tam

Tam sorry I do not know, it is at the one of the state gardens I like to go to. They have a nice rose garden, not a lot of different kinds but each bed has around 10 bushes on one kind.each kind is a different color, so I usually can find good pictures even this late in the season. Most are scented so that is a added treat

Low 40's here this morning but will we in the 70's by this afternoon

waving at everyone

s and a

edited because my fingers do not do what my brain tells them

This message was edited Dec 19, 2012 8:51 AM

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Morning!

I have to stop falling asleep then waking up to go to bed. Does not always help me get back to sleep!

Tam I went and opened the freezer hoping there would be something on the top of it. (Chest freezer things don't fall out!) There was a pork roast. So I copied Deb's supper and DH was really happy when he saw it. Turned out really good. With enough leftovers for supper tonight.

Deb good luck shopping. I think if it was me I would get gift cards for the girls and coal for DS.

Told myself I was going to get something done today. Really I am just don't know what. Still have no Xmas done except for outside.

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Mar - Spring emerges pretty in pink

Debbie - The house smells really good. I think this stuff is a winner. Will d-mail you the product name.

Tam

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Tam I hope you are right about that stuff. Love the Saying for March.

Got one candy made and working on what should be easy cookies! LOL Then time to give up for the day.

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Tammy, please d-mail that product name to me, too...I also have accidents around here at times.

Tam saved it

S and A

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Sandy - did you see the idea for Feb?
Feb - Even on the dreariest days, there is beauty to be found

Natures Secret Weapon is the stuff. Their LED black light is really small & bright. I have no affiliation whatsoever with this company.

Tam

New Smyrna Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Sandy beautiful pictures. Great captions for the photos, Tam. Will you give the calendars as gifts, sandy?

I am spending the day ay the ALF, Tok delivery of the wardrobe cabinets around lunchtime, had inch w/mom in the dining rom (yuck!, then hung the clothes in the closets. Then I bought dividers for her jewelry drawer and organized her jewelry, Now I am going to have my hair cut by the beautician here at the facility . The holiday dinner for the second floor is. Today at 5:00 . Since I n had other little chores to tend to ' here I decided to stay all day.

Time for my hair appointment.

Tam I get it.

Bonnie I hope to but have a lot more work to do. The paper will be delivered Friday and I hope to print the first one Sat and see if I can find some place where they can be turned into a true calender. If it does not cost a lot I will start printing more out and let everyone know

Sandy and the pest

Good evening. Today was grocery/errand day and I did well. Left early and the first thing was the podiatrist appointment. He modified my orthotics and this takes the weight off the ball of my foot and seems that it is going to help.

On to Walmart and a clothing store, an electronics store and then the grocery. Was home by 12:30. Did some straightening of the house when I got home, and then cooked supper. We had spaghetti, and it was really good.

DGD got her about 7:30 and she and her DD took off to a distant city about 8:00. He was letting her drive, so she was in 7th heaven. Don't know for sure what they had planned, but they won't be out late and DS has to work tomorrow.

Sandy, Tammy really has been a big help to you with the captions. I just couldn't think early this morning, and besides, if I had been able to think, don't know if I could have come up with anything half as good.

Bonnie, bet the day went fast. So lunch wasn't too good? That may be the major complaint that your DM has about the place. Sounds like you are getting her all organized. Hope that she appreciates it.

Vicki, I think you work hard enough at work, you shouldn't beat yourself up over no seeming to get much done at home. I would think the basics would be what I would accomplish.

Debbie, how is DD this morning? Still hurting and aching from the fall? Sure hope things are going better at your house.

Elsie, did you work today? Hope everything is well there and that Teddy has been entertaining you, and that Chloe is fat and sassy at home.

Dianne, what have you been up to today? Are you predicted to get that storm that is working it's way across the US and Canada? Our weather people say that our day will start out with thunderstorms and wind up to 50 mph, then turning colder and snow later in the evening. Sure hope that we don't get lots of snow as there are people we know who are celebrating Christmas this weekend, and will be on the roads traveling. Or that is the plans.

Well, guess DGD and I will be baking and making candy and some goodies for our Christmas on Friday night tomorrow. She wanted me to open my gift from her tonight, but I declined and she asked me to guess. It is about the shape of a kindle, but I don't think that it is. She says that it will take me awhile to figure it out. Well, duh, a jig saw puzzle could do that to me!

Okay, gonna check some other threads and then read until they get in.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

BonnieB -- our weather is the same forecast as yours... though we are expecting 2-6" of snow.
Our place in WI is expecting up to 18" ... they have had 9" this week.

My Doc checkup went well today... she spent less than 5 min with us... my bet the bill will be.... 150??
DH said he checked the hospital bill on BlueCross's site... so far, $18k though it did include the 5k from the anesthesiologist bill. I think we are all in the wrong profession...

she said that the cancer will contained and i will not have to do any 'treatments'.
Was glad to hear that. all that is left to do this year is a blood test on the 31st.
hopefully my count wont be bad and it wont take long to stabilize my numbers again.

OH -- jeanna went with to make a drop off at the resale shop [the money goes to a home for handicapped adults]
then to Target so she could buy some gifts, we wrapped them then baked some cookies. Think she is feeling comfortable here without Alex being home... he's got the next two days off work. OH, after Christmas, she will be working at her old job -- they called her to see if she 'needed some cash' -- it's a ALF... Manor Care, i think it's called. Her dad said she couldnt stay there, so she's staying with a neighbor for a few days.

I did find out a bit about family issues.... I guess if her mom finds out that she is staying at her dad's, the mom will take him back to court for child support. I said... but you are above 18, there is no child support any more... and her reply was... you don't know my mother. I guess she is just bleeding the dad dry. Sounds like a real piece of work. Her mom called today and said, "So, did you mail my gift?" and she also expects Jeanna -- who hasn't worked since July to purchase gifts for her new husband's parents... jeanna doesn't even know them. I hope I never really meet this women.... Jeanna says that her mom makes her feel like an inconvenience. how sad is that? She really is a wonderful gal.

*sorry for the rant.... *

Gonna try to decorate the tree a bit. Lucky did not knock it over last night..... so i need to do the windows and finish the tree.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.