Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Pets: How was your day? #369

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 202, Views: 1,026
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 18, 2012
5:38 AM

Post #9361259

Welcome all to our pet loving chat area!

Here's Scirocco, hoping you'll join us here.

Thumbnail by Tammy
Click the image for an enlarged view.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 18, 2012
6:13 AM

Post #9361288

Good morning, another wet dark day here. This could depress a person if it continues. No plans today other than to finally do that inventory of gifts and see what else I need.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2012
6:16 AM

Post #9361292

Thanks Tam! You sure got a lot done. I feel like a slug. Oh yeah I was yesterday.

Well I promised myself I would get something done around here today. Anyone think I will?

Deb breakfast is leftover waffles.

Supper last night turned out really good. Took an onion and sliced it thin started frying it. Added carrot and celery. Kept moisture in it. added some cauliflower and then sliced some kielbasa and added that. Started some brown rice cooking. To the fried mixture I added corn starch and water to thicken it up. When the rice which I had added one beef boullion cube to was done added that to the vegies. Turned out very good. DH took the leftovers to work today. Darn it I wanted them!

Ty is waiting for his breakfast. So maybe I had better start the day with that! Maybe a load of laundry first.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 18, 2012
6:45 AM

Post #9361311

Morning... dark here, no rain... i hear snow is on the way for tomorrow and Thurs... we shall see.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2012
6:46 AM

Post #9361314

Terese you keep that snow down there!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 18, 2012
7:09 AM

Post #9361334

I am using my cell phone to post cause my Internet DSL is down! Hard to work without a connection

I gave Scirocco some milk to see if she would drink it. Yes! Then I added the vitamin supplement. You would think I had just poisoned it. So I gave her the prednisone with a squirt in her mouth and am leaving the laced milk to see if she will finish it later

I may just get in my workout if I can't work

Vicki You fit more in your days 99% of the time so one slug day is well deserved. Dinner sounded good. Gotta hide the leftovers better next time. ;-)

Off to some exercise
Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2012
8:21 AM

Post #9361382

Check books caught up and new checks written out. Guess I will finish the Xmas cards! Then it will be a trip to the mailbox!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 18, 2012
8:44 AM

Post #9361398

ACK! Verizon says the service is out 'til Sat. No phones or DSL. I hate Verizon. Can't tell you what I went through to reach customer service. I need to find an option 'cause they really tick me off!!!

No exercise yet - just futzing with the darned phone company...

Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 18, 2012
8:55 AM

Post #9361404

Oh -- that is just unacceptable.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

December 18, 2012
10:00 AM

Post #9361462

Good afternoon everyone. Where did the morning go? I have been up since 4:00 - working all the time. I got my house in order, washed two loads of perma-press and have it drying on hangers from the drying rack. I managed to call and inquire about some bills. Fortunately I was up to date on the big ticket items like mortgage and auto payments. Yes, I am keeping proper records now.

DM had a fall last evening. She bent down to give treats to the cats and went head over heels. The very reason why I am paying someone to come daily to feed the cats and scoop the litter. She was unharmed. The night nurse found her when she came to give meds. She us adjusting nicely. Much better than I expected. I took her out to dinner on Sunday. Didn't visit yesterday and may not go today. Tomorrow is the big Holiday Surf & Turf Dinner for residents and their family and friends - free of charge for everyone.

My DD, DSIL, and DGD's arrive Saturday evening. They decided to take two efficiencies at the building next door to mine. At first I was a little hurt that they were not staying here, but as the time draws closer and I feel more and more exhausted I tend to agree with my daughter that we will all feel more rested and less stressed if we have our own spaces to retreat to in the evenings. We are a family of powerful Chiefs. And too much togetherness can be a problem sometimes.

Patti Sunkist came over yesterday and helped put the lights on my Christmas tree. That was the nicest thing in the world. I would never have been able to do it myself this year. I hope to start hanging the ornaments later this evening and tonight. I just cannot accomplish much before I am tired and/or my back is screaming. Right now I have another stack of mail to go through. It comes in spurts. Two days - nothing. Then a pile that would choke a horse. Pretty day here today, but turning colder by the weekend.

Bonnie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2012
11:06 AM

Post #9361512

Haven't been outside yet but the sun is shining here! Looks warm!

Bonnie good that you have some help. I like the too many chiefs! Really glad too hear your mom is adjusting! That Surf and Turf sounds so good!

Maybe I'd better go and check out the stove and then will know if it is warm or cold!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2012
12:15 PM

Post #9361564

Have the Xmas cards done and ready to go in the mail tomorrow. Ty and I will be heading outside. Then come back in and make a small snowman jug!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 18, 2012
1:15 PM

Post #9361605

well... I bought a 1mo cellular plan with my little cellular USB modem thingie. And now the phone & DSL are back on line!
Did I mention I hate Verizon?

Vicki - woo hoo! Great job getting the banking stuff as well as the Christmas cards done. I actually got mine done and mailed last week. Felt really good.

Bonnie - so glad she's settling in as well as she is. And that she has good care for spills like she took. Just hope she doesn't have any more mishaps. Enjoy the big dinner with her tomorrow!

Debbie - I got the urine odor remover & an LED blacklight today. Its very strongly perfumed, which I really don't like. It makes me think they are covering up the smell. But I went over my office, found a number of spots on the rug and walls/desk. Treated it all and then went downstairs and treated the library (I didn't miss much yesterday but did find a few new spots and sprays on the couch.) I also did the foyer which I have not been able to get smelling good. The vinegar helped but still has that lingering smell.

I went through the buffet cabinet today. Mostly threw old papers away. Just one item for Good Will.

Today is Gary's birthday. We're going to take him out for his free dinner at Shady Maple. That's the big smorgesbord in Lancaster county. I just had a kefir smoothie & cup of tea for lunch so am very much ready for dinner already. :-)

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2012
1:21 PM

Post #9361614

Yes Tam you did mention youhated Verizon! LOL I say that at work about certain things! Enjoy your supper. Hope that stuff works for the odor. You need that cat guy to come!

Will be vacumning the livingroom. Well the whole house actually. Why do I keep putting things off.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 18, 2012
1:35 PM

Post #9361623

Tam, the black lights work pretty good in picking it up. Can you check back tomorrow and see if it cleaned it, or do you think it did the job (minus the perfume smell)?

I have been up since 4:30 a.m then went out and got some errands done. DD fell in the parking lot at work Sunday and came home with her back still hurting and bad knee messed up still. Sigh.

I have a pork roast in the oven and DH just got home.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2012
1:50 PM

Post #9361636

I have no idea what to make for supper! Nothing appeals to me. Think I am just tried of figuring out what to make and cooking it.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 18, 2012
2:05 PM

Post #9361645

Pork roast, mashed taters, green beans and butter biscuits. Oh and gravy

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 18, 2012
2:15 PM

Post #9361656

we are having tacos.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2012
2:41 PM

Post #9361669

Still haven't figured out anything!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 18, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #9361803

FOOD---I am on my way!!!

I have spent the day trying to create calenders---DID YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING!!!!!
I have figured out how to do most of it, need to fine tune the pictures add decorations and add captions AND then comes the fun part of trying to print it out(2 sided) AND comes the really fun part-finding some one who can connect the pages.

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 18, 2012
6:11 PM

Post #9361841

I wrapped all my gifts today and took an inventory of what I still need to buy. Only 3 things, and I think I can accomplish that in the city where I grocery shop tomorrow. I have a friend who is hard to buy for, but she likes antique glass and there are antique stores in that city also, so may have to do that too. Since I am having my family dinner Friday night (this week) I will be shopping for things for that. We are having finger foods, and things like that. So much easier than a big meal, which we will have plenty of in the next week.

I had made a chicken casserole today. It has chopped chicken, noodles and stove top stuffing, then mushroom soup poured over it and baked. Used to make it often, but we got tired of it, and I thought about it the other day. So made something old new again. DS is here and honestly I thought he was going to lick the casserole dish. I had a salad and some candied sweet potatoes. Very good meal.

Sandy, I know another lady who makes those calendars, but she has hers put together at Costco photo department. You may try to call there.

Tammy, I hate to say this, but I have verizon and it is the best cell phone service that we have in this area. I have one of their 4G wireless gadgets and it is very seldom that my internet doesn't work. However, with that said, I can see their tower from my back deck!

Debbie your dinner sounded really good. Did the DD fall on ice and snow? That is what I hate about winter, the treachery. Wish we had an attached garage so I wouldn't even have to set foot outside. I promised the DGD if it snowed during the time she was here for Christmas, we would go sledding, or build a snow man or something. I am almost sorry I made that promise, because they are talking of snow this weekend.

Terese, I am just about ready for some good Mexican food. Tacos sound good. DH doesn't like Mexican, so I have to go out with friends to eat a really good MExican meal. How is you incision healing?

Bonnie, I am so happy to hear that your DM is settling in well. I hope that she doesn't have need of anybody picking her off the floor any time soon. You sound like you are really trying to get everything organized. I know that with the family coming, staying in a unit in the same building is probably the best of all possible solutions. That way you can be together when you want, then they can leave, go rest and come back again. I would like that part of it.

Elsie, how are you tonight?

Vicki, glad you got your cards done. I am rethinking next years card list. It cost me an arm and leg to send to all our friends, so may cut back a little. I have had 3 cards returned, so some moved and didn't let us know.

Well, I have an podiatrist appointment in the morning. I have arthritis in the joints of my big toes and causing lots of pain and sort of hindering walking. I made the appointment to see if new orthotics may be able to help. We will see. My insurance may not pay for them, but if he is convinced that they will help, I will pay for them out of pocket. Having aching feet is miserable.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 18, 2012
6:57 PM

Post #9361876

BonnieB I know what you mean about the feet, I am so tired of hurting.
I am going to try Staples, I heard that they will do it. Just ordered some Brochure Paper

Good Night everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 18, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9361883

BonnieB - I hope the podiatrist works! If you can afford the orthotics & they give you relief, it'll be well worth the $$!

Debbie - dinner sounded really good! I could see the spots going away in some areas as I treated them. The house does smell remarkably good tonight. I really hate perfumey smells / hate air fresheners etc. The smell of this stuff is more a clean smell. I'm hoping that fades. But I'm pleased so far.

Sandy - that calendar sounds like a great project for you!

Vicki - so what did you do for dinner?

Terese - tacos sound good. What do you do for the tomato? Canned?

Dinner was good. It was seafood night & I had a real hankering for shrimp. So had fried & coconut shrimp as well as pork bbq and more dessert than I should eat in a week. :-)

Good night!
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 18, 2012
8:01 PM

Post #9361913

Tam I am hoping I can get good enough doing them to give as gifts, maybe will be to late this hear, but if I can find some one that can put the holes and wire attachment, I am going to try .

S and A

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 18, 2012
8:18 PM

Post #9361925

Tam -- tomato - bought it from the store. not as good as garden picked, but better than canned.

BonnieB -- see the surgeon for the post surgery check up. healing great though... it's been so itchy, but much better today.

Tacos were good, but not my best... about half the time i forget the black beans.

getting ready to hit the hay...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 19, 2012
4:17 AM

Post #9362039

Good Morning it is cold here
I need some help with captions for my pictures

Please give me suggestions captions for this 1st 4 pictures for my calendar

1st is Jan. so far I have this "Even in Winter theGlory of Flowers Brighten Our Weary Souls"
2nd is Fed
3rd is March
4th is April so far I have "The Sweat Scent of the First Rose of Spring

If Y'all can think of anything better please post
Thank you

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107   
Click an image for an enlarged view.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2012
4:22 AM

Post #9362044

Good morning, was awakened by the telephone. A neighbor saying the horses were out. DH has taken care of that. I have had my coffee and read the paper, so will dress and be ready to leave to go shopping when it gets daylight.

Sandy, I will think on it today, and maybe come up with something. In the one caption, it should be sweet instead of sweat! Hehe. Love that spellcheck.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 19, 2012
4:39 AM

Post #9362051

thanks Bad night not really awake yet

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2012
5:23 AM

Post #9362071

Good Morning!

No telephone calls will wake us up! The phone is out but we have internet. I can live with that. :-)

Sandy - I LOVE that April rose. Do you know what kind it is?

Feb - Even on the dreariest days, there is beauty to be found
Mar -

will have to ponder
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 19, 2012
5:48 AM

Post #9362082

Tam sorry I do not know, it is at the one of the state gardens I like to go to. They have a nice rose garden, not a lot of different kinds but each bed has around 10 bushes on one kind.each kind is a different color, so I usually can find good pictures even this late in the season. Most are scented so that is a added treat

Low 40's here this morning but will we in the 70's by this afternoon

waving at everyone

s and a

edited because my fingers do not do what my brain tells them

This message was edited Dec 19, 2012 8:51 AM

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 19, 2012
6:18 AM

Post #9362094

Morning!

I have to stop falling asleep then waking up to go to bed. Does not always help me get back to sleep!

Tam I went and opened the freezer hoping there would be something on the top of it. (Chest freezer things don't fall out!) There was a pork roast. So I copied Deb's supper and DH was really happy when he saw it. Turned out really good. With enough leftovers for supper tonight.

Deb good luck shopping. I think if it was me I would get gift cards for the girls and coal for DS.

Told myself I was going to get something done today. Really I am just don't know what. Still have no Xmas done except for outside.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2012
9:23 AM

Post #9362229

Mar - Spring emerges pretty in pink

Debbie - The house smells really good. I think this stuff is a winner. Will d-mail you the product name.

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 19, 2012
9:28 AM

Post #9362234

Tam I hope you are right about that stuff. Love the Saying for March.

Got one candy made and working on what should be easy cookies! LOL Then time to give up for the day.

earthling

earthling
Rowlett, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 19, 2012
10:01 AM

Post #9362264

Tammy, please d-mail that product name to me, too...I also have accidents around here at times.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 19, 2012
11:34 AM

Post #9362334

Tam saved it

S and A

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2012
11:48 AM

Post #9362341

Sandy - did you see the idea for Feb?
Feb - Even on the dreariest days, there is beauty to be found

Natures Secret Weapon is the stuff. Their LED black light is really small & bright. I have no affiliation whatsoever with this company.

Tam

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

December 19, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #9362371

Sandy beautiful pictures. Great captions for the photos, Tam. Will you give the calendars as gifts, sandy?

I am spending the day ay the ALF, Tok delivery of the wardrobe cabinets around lunchtime, had inch w/mom in the dining rom (yuck!, then hung the clothes in the closets. Then I bought dividers for her jewelry drawer and organized her jewelry, Now I am going to have my hair cut by the beautician here at the facility . The holiday dinner for the second floor is. Today at 5:00 . Since I n had other little chores to tend to ' here I decided to stay all day.

Time for my hair appointment.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 19, 2012
1:01 PM

Post #9362424

Tam I get it.

Bonnie I hope to but have a lot more work to do. The paper will be delivered Friday and I hope to print the first one Sat and see if I can find some place where they can be turned into a true calender. If it does not cost a lot I will start printing more out and let everyone know

Sandy and the pest
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2012
6:39 PM

Post #9362647

Good evening. Today was grocery/errand day and I did well. Left early and the first thing was the podiatrist appointment. He modified my orthotics and this takes the weight off the ball of my foot and seems that it is going to help.

On to Walmart and a clothing store, an electronics store and then the grocery. Was home by 12:30. Did some straightening of the house when I got home, and then cooked supper. We had spaghetti, and it was really good.

DGD got her about 7:30 and she and her DD took off to a distant city about 8:00. He was letting her drive, so she was in 7th heaven. Don't know for sure what they had planned, but they won't be out late and DS has to work tomorrow.

Sandy, Tammy really has been a big help to you with the captions. I just couldn't think early this morning, and besides, if I had been able to think, don't know if I could have come up with anything half as good.

Bonnie, bet the day went fast. So lunch wasn't too good? That may be the major complaint that your DM has about the place. Sounds like you are getting her all organized. Hope that she appreciates it.

Vicki, I think you work hard enough at work, you shouldn't beat yourself up over no seeming to get much done at home. I would think the basics would be what I would accomplish.

Debbie, how is DD this morning? Still hurting and aching from the fall? Sure hope things are going better at your house.

Elsie, did you work today? Hope everything is well there and that Teddy has been entertaining you, and that Chloe is fat and sassy at home.

Dianne, what have you been up to today? Are you predicted to get that storm that is working it's way across the US and Canada? Our weather people say that our day will start out with thunderstorms and wind up to 50 mph, then turning colder and snow later in the evening. Sure hope that we don't get lots of snow as there are people we know who are celebrating Christmas this weekend, and will be on the roads traveling. Or that is the plans.

Well, guess DGD and I will be baking and making candy and some goodies for our Christmas on Friday night tomorrow. She wanted me to open my gift from her tonight, but I declined and she asked me to guess. It is about the shape of a kindle, but I don't think that it is. She says that it will take me awhile to figure it out. Well, duh, a jig saw puzzle could do that to me!

Okay, gonna check some other threads and then read until they get in.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2012
7:19 PM

Post #9362687

BonnieB -- our weather is the same forecast as yours... though we are expecting 2-6" of snow.
Our place in WI is expecting up to 18" ... they have had 9" this week.

My Doc checkup went well today... she spent less than 5 min with us... my bet the bill will be... 150??
DH said he checked the hospital bill on BlueCross's site... so far, $18k though it did include the 5k from the anesthesiologist bill. I think we are all in the wrong profession...

she said that the cancer will contained and i will not have to do any 'treatments'.
Was glad to hear that. all that is left to do this year is a blood test on the 31st.
hopefully my count wont be bad and it wont take long to stabilize my numbers again.

OH -- jeanna went with to make a drop off at the resale shop [the money goes to a home for handicapped adults]
then to Target so she could buy some gifts, we wrapped them then baked some cookies. Think she is feeling comfortable here without Alex being home... he's got the next two days off work. OH, after Christmas, she will be working at her old job -- they called her to see if she 'needed some cash' -- it's a ALF... Manor Care, i think it's called. Her dad said she couldnt stay there, so she's staying with a neighbor for a few days.

I did find out a bit about family issues... I guess if her mom finds out that she is staying at her dad's, the mom will take him back to court for child support. I said... but you are above 18, there is no child support any more... and her reply was... you don't know my mother. I guess she is just bleeding the dad dry. Sounds like a real piece of work. Her mom called today and said, "So, did you mail my gift?" and she also expects Jeanna -- who hasn't worked since July to purchase gifts for her new husband's parents... jeanna doesn't even know them. I hope I never really meet this women... Jeanna says that her mom makes her feel like an inconvenience. how sad is that? She really is a wonderful gal.

*sorry for the rant... *

Gonna try to decorate the tree a bit. Lucky did not knock it over last night... so i need to do the windows and finish the tree.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 19, 2012
7:19 PM

Post #9362688

BonnieB a friend over on the other site that I stay on found me a number of website with quotes so I should be all set soon.

s abd a

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 19, 2012
7:38 PM

Post #9362702

Well, Shannon and I left early this morning and "hit the road". DS was home and we were not staying here to face his rath.

She was still sore, but between the two of us, we actually accomplished a lot!!! I did an amazing job at Kohl's and am proud of myself.
Shannon really needed a new coat, her lining was all ripped out and not much for "fluff" left to insulate. So after JCP and Kohl's she tried on one and I said "thats it!" She agreed and looked at the price tag...and gagged! I went to the "check the price" and it was on sale from $200 down to $85.00! Figured I would swallow it and put it on my Kohl's card. SO got the girls all a set of PJs (tradition) and a few odds and ends. Got up there, checked everything through and said "OH I have a coupon" and got 20% off. And $10 Kohl's cash off...so it cost $103 for all that with my discounts! I about cried I was so happy...and got $20 Kohls cash for after Christmas sale to spend.

Did a quick run through walmart on the way home. Tomorrow is DH's Christmas party at work, and I had promised to make baked ziti. SO...made a meat batch and a batch with just veggies in the sauce for the two vegans in the office. Thats done and I am ready for sleep!

We are hearing about that storm Terese (AND Good news at the doctor) and you and Vicki can please send it elsewhere! We have all been so spoiled with the good weather this season so far. I think we are long over do!

BonnieB,, enjoy your DGD and that time. Should be fun.

AND our tree has been up 24 hours with out new incident...not holding my breath it will stay that way.

Elsie, what days do you get off for Christmas? Did parents go back to FL yet?

Well, think I am turning into bed early. Have a few things left to finish up, but am tired and an early start again tomorrow to beat the weather.

Debbie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

December 19, 2012
7:43 PM

Post #9362704

Here we are at the holiday dinner tonight.

Thumbnail by greersfolly

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 19, 2012
8:01 PM

Post #9362711

Two beautiful ladies! She looks happy Bonnie! I hope the day went well and your hair looks great too!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

December 19, 2012
8:37 PM

Post #9362725

BonnieB not certain if she appreciates what I do as it relates to the effort that I personally put into the things that I do, I don't think she is mentally capable of making those types of connections anymore, but I do know that what I did today with her jewelry will make life easier for her and if I can do that then it is enough. Miss Independent (a.k.a. DM) waits for the aids to come to escort her to the dining room for meals, to help her dress, and to assist with her daily shower.

Well I finally finished the tree today. Before I left this morning, Swiper and Stetson were taking pot shots at the ornaments on the lower branches. They were sliding by like ice skaters. I was surprised to see the tree standing when I came home tonight.

Oh gosh! Look at the time! I have to get to bed.

Good night.

Bonnie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

December 19, 2012
8:38 PM

Post #9362726

Deb, she was happy. She liked the fun things I brought for us to wear.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 20, 2012
12:23 AM

Post #9362768

Good morning! I was afraid the weather will turn bad again, but thank God it was only a strong wind yesterday and a few flurries later last night. It's cold, but not deep freezing. I guess I'm getting accustomed to that...sigh.
Today I'm getting Nicholas, Andreea and the jerk and bring them home for tomorrow. We're going to spend the day together, mostly because Andreea fears so much about what will happen on this day. I have all days off starting tomorrow until after Christmas...will be working on the 26th...yiippeee!

Bonnie, I love the picture of you and DM and the things you were wearing, such fun! I'm glad she didn't hurt herself when she fell. You sound still busy and on the run...please take care and rest, let the others do something too. I like the idea your DD had to stay in a house nextdoor to yours. She didn't want to get you exausted, good girl! Have a great time with your family! Are you going to celebrate Christmas earlier ?

BonnieB, how sweet of your DGD to bring you such a nice gift and help you with cooking! What cookies are you making?

Tam, Happy Belated Birthday for Gary! Dinner must have been delicious if you ate so much ! What was the dessert? You asked if I had help for butchering the pig...no, no help, as always. Good to see Scirocco playing!

Debbie, I feel for you about having such a hard time with Shane. I can't believe that sweet boy of yours is acting like that, especially with you. Sometimes I feel the same like you , like I don't recognize my DS. I hope Shannon feels better soon. I'm so glad you've got so many clothes, at such good price.

Sandy, great pictures! Your calendars will be so beautiful! Are you feeling better today?

Terese, sorry for Jeanna having such a bad mom! But who is Jeanna ?...I must have missed something here. Good news that you won't have to do any other treatments. I hope your blood work will be OK.

Vicki, always a hard task to choose what to cook! The other day both me and Andreea cooked rice too, without consulting each other...mother-daughter telepathy!LOL Ionut didn't like mine, but ate from his sister's...I don't mind, it's a start. He hasn't been eating rice since kindergarten!LOL

I have to do some errands today, go several places : to the market to buy groceries, then to get Cici's freelance permit...this is stupid, I may add, having to go there every year to renew it and pay a tax when we could do it online. Then we have to go and get the kids and drive back home.
Talk to you guys later. Waving to all! Posting a picture with Nicholas in the park.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 20, 2012
3:53 AM

Post #9362805

Good morning everyone, cold this morning

Adina I am doing ok. But need to find time to get to the pool

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andrea

Thumbnail by wren107

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 20, 2012
5:17 AM

Post #9362834

Love the picture of Nicholas!

Official storm warnings are up, so I need to get out and finish things and get some food in this house, totally bare.

Have a good day...

Love that picture Sandy!!!

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9362865

Raining and windy here today. This is supposed to turn into snow later. No going out for me. Will be staying in and trying to figure out what needs to be done. I know I need to wrap the gifts I got yesterday, and then do some cooking.

Adina, I don't know about the cookies. I need to get out my recipes and see which I have all the ingredients for. Good pic of Nicholas.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9362876

[quote] But who is Jeanna ?[/quote]

Adina -- She is my son's 19 yr old girlfriend who's parents didn't want her for the holidays ... she had no where to go, and she can not stay on campus [at college] while school is not in session -- so we took her in for 3 weeks. Thankfully, we really like her. I posted the saga a while back, it would have been easy to miss.

It rained ALL night... glad it was above freezing, or we'd have a lot of snow to shovel. I'll have to do a quick cleaning of the back yard before the snow hits later tonight.

Bonnie -- DM does look very content. I am really glad to hear the move to the home was easier that most of us thought it would have been. Your DM is a pistol and could have gone either way.

Debbie -- great score on all those coupons... I dont have a Kohl's card, so I never get those...

The cookies we baked yesterday are really good... Just hope there are some left by Sunday or i will have to bake more... they were supposed to be little gifts for MIL and her 'friend' John.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 20, 2012
6:54 AM

Post #9362899

Morning all! Trying a new sleeping pill as the other stopped working. I have been going for 48 hours without sleep then sleep for maybe 4hours. I slept from midnight until 7 am. Wooo hooo!!!! I was up twice to stoke the stove and visit the bathroom but was able to get right back to sleep. You have no idea how good I feel this morning. Sure hope these pills don't wear off as easily in my system.

Terese it sounds like Jenna is a delight. I am so glad she is able to enjoy the love and warmth in your home. Her mother sounds like someone I would like to rip a side off of if I meet her personally. What a witch!

Fierce storm headed here. Going to get the woodpile inside the carport loaded up today so I don't have to venture out in the freezing rain and snow to the big pile. Plumber is finally here fixing the infloor heating downstairs. I hope!!! Have friends who are living in Cario coming to stay a couple of nights and it is cold down there. They aren't used to that! Debbie met Frank and Deb. Frank is a very dear friend of ours and has been for years. Plumber thinks he plumbed the infloor heat wrong way back when he built the house and is repairing it free of charge. Whew! I was looking at thousands.

Diesel chased his first rabbit this morning. The surprising thing was Quill started off after him like greased lightning. That didn't last long but she sure surprised me.

Next round of stacking wood is calling!
Dianne

This message was edited Dec 20, 2012 12:04 PM
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2012
7:20 AM

Post #9362913

Making candy. Peanut Brittle.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2012
7:25 AM

Post #9362915

Good Morning!

I am off 'til the new year. YEAH!

Dianne - thank goodness for honest people. And for the good rest you finally got. Oh and for Diesel & Quill. :-)
I was on a roll ... lol

Sandy - that photo is perfect in black & white.

Terese - did I say Woo Hoo!!!! for getting all the cancer out? You've got a lot to be thankful for too it seems. Glad Jeanna is fitting in so well. For all of your sakes.

Debbie - super shopper!

Adina - what is Andreea afraid of? That didn't sound good. Enjoy your time off & your family. Love the pic of Nicholas. That's a keeper. :-)

Bonnie - you sure so know how to put together a festive outfit! You & your DM look great. I'm glad she's finding the help she's come to expect in the ALF and generally settling in as well as she is. You didn't say a word about how you are doing with the new doctor? Are you following her advice? :-)

BonnieB - I love baking cookies. I may need to bake today. I am thinking of running into town to shop at the Farmers Market and then to the mall. While everyone is still at work.

Have a great day everyone!
Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 20, 2012
7:33 AM

Post #9362919

Here I am! Not quite snowed in yet. But we will see what 2:00 brings. Maybe 3 inches out there. Traffic should keep the roads fair to rough ' Hopefully!

Stopped for gas after work last night as I had just over 1/4 tank. A guy told me I was driving with an expired plate sticker. I'm like what? Look when I go out after paying and sure enough it was. From Sept. Ooops! I could swear I put it on. Did a quick look last night when I got home. Didn't find it. Looked just now and there it was. I was having visions of getting stuck and the cops showing up and getting several tickets! My heart is beating a bit better right now!

Bonnie you and your mom look so festive! Might make some of the other people rethink how they are dressed and join you for the next party! Yep I can see you 2 making some great fashion changes to that place!

Deb you did great on your shopping. Good thing you waited! There are times I just want to get my hands on your DS and just shake him or worse! Some day he will feel real bad he acted like that.

dianne I can just see the chase! Good for Quill! So much spirit in her! Did Diesel come back right away? You be careful stacking that wood. I know how much work that is.

Terese so glad you are there for Jeanna. She will soon know what a real family is. Do you have to worry about the weight of the snow on your home in Wi.?

Adina what a great post. Glad you have all those days off. Wish I did. Might feel better about Xmas if I did.

I'd better get going. I slept in today and have a couple of hours to get something done. Gotta remember to leave early. It is not so much getting to work but getting home.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2012
8:00 AM

Post #9362945

>>Do you have to worry about the weight of the snow on your home in Wi.?

if it's a heavy wet now, yes. back in 2008 when the area got 140 inches of snow, we lost a lot of "add-a-rooms" -- but i believe only ones that were not braced properly.
If it's bad enough,,, we can run up and shovel.

Dianne -- I'd been meaning to ask how Quill is doing? did you get your Dasaquin in the mail? Sounds like your girl still has some spunk left - chasing that rabbit.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 20, 2012
8:12 AM

Post #9362962

Quill sure does Terese. She sure is not aa quitter. She will limp around the rest of the day but with a smile on her face! Yes I got the Dasaquin last week. She took the first 2 fine but now I have to hide it in a piece of bread. Stormy would never take meds - there was no tricking him. It was me opening his mouth and shoving his meds down his throat every day. Actually he didn't mind that and sat there waiting for me to do it. Think he liked the treat he got afterwards, as he would close his mouth and swallow, then open it again looking directly at the treat jar.Sure hoping this med will help the old gal.

I did the same thing Vicki. When I switched the ownership of the Escape from Warren's name to mine I fogot to put the new sticker on. Steve actually noticed it last week when we were in town. Glad it was him and not a cop.

How is Scirocco doing Tam? Did you get all the cat smell out of the house? The little stinkers!

Plumbers are still here. Guess Ihad better go down and offer them a drink since they are doing this free of charge. Perry thought it would take an hour - it is 2 hours and counting. Gulp!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2012
8:39 AM

Post #9362985

Scirocco is not happy with her meds. And she doesn't like any treats so its hard to make it a good experience. I'm giving her a little milk to sooth her stomach before giving her the prednisone and she actually likes the milk. But she only takes a few slurps of it so no worries about getting too much. The first time I gave her the milk, saw she liked it and then "poisoned" it with the supplements. The package said its a "palatable" supplement but Scirocco is just sure its a poison. I was hoping to find a way to sneak at least some of her meds in.

I'm so happy about Quill's little adventure. It does us good when we get a chance to relive one of lifes big adventures!

Vicki - I've carried around the little sticker in my wallet for months, always forgetting to put it on the car! Glad you found yours and you are all legal now.

I decided to make egg noodles to go with a chicken & mushroom dish for dinner. Trying to clear out the freezer!
I want to get a few capons at the farmer's market. I have had just one in my life and it was amazing!

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2012
8:59 AM

Post #9362999

Have been making candy. 4 batches of peanut brittle done, now am starting on chocolate covered peanuts. May make some peanut sandwich cookies chocolate covered. Looks like it is going to be one of those kind of days to do that.

Still raining outside.

Dianne, you made me smile telling about Quill taking off after Diesel and the rabbit. Good girl, never miss an opportunity to chase a rabbit.

Terese, so glad that you are making Jeanna feel welcome. Poor dear. I can't say what I want to do to her DM!

Tammy, glad the cleaning solution worked. Hope it continues to work.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 20, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9363050

BonnieB I wish I was closer!!!!

I get very positive praise for the original picture from a prof. Photographer

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 20, 2012
10:17 AM

Post #9363054

2 more cookies done. If I would just get things together before I plan on starting I would be so much further ahead.

Tam I will be legal as soon as I put it on.

Better go and do it now! Plus check the stove and put cards in the mail.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 20, 2012
10:57 AM

Post #9363083

Vickie if it was not for the snow I would be on my way to help you eat those cookie---well also so there is a little matter of money stopping me also

Rain is on the way here

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2012
12:51 PM

Post #9363190

looking at a map to figure out how hit the cookie & candy places in good order. Vicki & BonnieB - I hope you both made plenty. :-)

Sandy - I'm glad and not surprised you are getting high praise from a photography expert.

I picked up a capon but not much else at the Farmers Market. The bread lady was out of the yummy holiday bread I wanted - they pack all sorts of dried fruit & nuts in it.

Tam

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2012
1:53 PM

Post #9363256

Tammy, maybe you can just go a bit northwest and hit Vicki's first. Ulteriormotives for that, please bring me some of her cookies. Straight shot south to pick up the candy from there.

I made 2 batches of peanut clusters, and have the sandwich cookies ready to dip. I am using the Biscof instead of the peanut butter. Will see how that works.

Making fish, hush puppies and cole slaw for supper. About ready now. If you hurry you can get here in time to eat.

The wind is gusting to 70mph here, and it is hard to stand up outside. We have had torrential rain all day, and the ground is squishy, with water running off the grassy surfaces. Looks like if it doesn't stop we will need the Ark.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 20, 2012
2:41 PM

Post #9363279

Hush puppies? Oooooo love them! Wind is picking up here big time also.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 20, 2012
3:46 PM

Post #9363314

We are getting the tail end of y'all storm-the wet end of it will hit us soon.

Going to take it easy the rest of the night, tomorrow I am going to be busy trying to finish up the calendar. The paper should be here tomorrow and I want to print one out and see if I can find some where to attach the pages

Good night everyone.

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9363433

Well, just after I made my last post, the electricity went out. I had fried the hush puppies and was on the second batch of fish when it went out. So we sat down and ate what was ready. None of us got full, but it was better than going hungry. It was out about 2 1/2 hours. Had a quiet time, DGD and I telling ghost stories.

Not gonna fool with the cookies tonight, will dip them first thing in the morning.

The wind is really howling here. We suspect that was the cause of the power outage, a tree, or tree limb across some lines. Turning much colder and is to be in the teens tomorrow morning. The snow is supposed to start in the early morning hours, so we will see.

We are on our last roll of toilet paper. I thought I had more stored in my garden shed, but went out in the rain, and nope, so we are on ration here!

Saw the news and it looks like the mid west is getting slammed with this same storm. Poor people who are stranded on the roads there.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2012
6:54 PM

Post #9363467

looks like we are expecting a halfa inch total... so much for the 2-6 predicted. Winds are NW mid-30's gusts about 45... so not as bad as they said it would be.
I think they always predict the worst and we never get it... goes back to the snow storm of 1979 that shut down the city and burbs for days... I think they said it took 2 months to get rid of all the snow...

ever since... they over predict.

I think Nebraska, Iowa and Wisc got the brunt of this one...
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2012
7:41 PM

Post #9363513

Terese - congrats on the good health news!!

Tammy, Happy Birthday to Gary! I hope Scirocco feel better. Sounds like you are doing a much better job at cleaning stuff out than I am. Enjoy your time off.

BonnieB, your dinner sounds good. I hope the storm goes on its way - and away from us please. Enjoy your Christmas feast with your family.

Dianne, I hope you are feeling better.

Vicki, it sounds like you are getting lots of holiday cooking done. I hope the storm goes away for you too.

Adina, I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy your time off.

Debbie, I don't know what to say about your DS. I hope he gets his act together.

Bonnie, love the picture of you and DM. It seems like she is settling in well. I can't believe she fell again. she is one tough broad. I hope your time with your family is wonderful.

Sandy, love the pictures!!

It's pouring rain here. I was really hoping it would stay dry. We are expecting some sloppy weather for Christmas. I'm really not looking forward to the winter weather.

It's been very busy at work. Teddy has been at work and he has been very entertaining.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9363518

BonnieB - I hope you had a nice dessert after the power came back on!

Terese - glad you didn't get whacked with snow! A little is nice - sure makes it feel like Christmas is coming I bet

Loretta - there you are! Its pouring rain here too.

We watched the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Good movie. Way past my bed time now.

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 21, 2012
1:42 AM

Post #9363590

Well all of the plumber's efforts didn't work. There is still no heat in the basement. I just called and left a message as I would like to head to bed. I tried to go to sleep around midnight but it was a no go. Watch, I will just fall asleep around 6 am and the plumber will call at 7 am. When he called me last night to see if the heat was working he was shocked. Guess I would have to say I was too.

Diesel freaked when I put him out a few minutes ago. His first deep snow - what a sight.

Stay safe everyone in the storm.
Dianne
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2012
3:02 AM

Post #9363599

Well, I am up and had all the sleep that I could stand, I guess! The wind is still howling, and it is just starting to snow. Doesn't look like the kind that will accumulate much, just flurries right now. I am going to start cooking, as my dinner is tonight. All the household is still asleep and I can get lots accomplished now.

Stay safe and warm everybody.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2012
4:19 AM

Post #9363625

Good Morning everyone one.

BonnieB I have been awake sense then also but I usually awake around that time anyway.

It is very cold out side right now. Not much rain last night we did not get any of the bad weather that was predicted

Get to get socks on my cold feet back later

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2012
4:46 AM

Post #9363637

it is currently 27 with winds howling at 30mph gust to 37 out of the NW. The ground is "just" covered with snow, the patio only looks frozen, no real snow. I guess this could be enough for a white Christmas... and we don't even have to shovel. [weather DOT com says the storm is heading to the NorthEast... hopefully it's fizzled a bit. ]

Slept really well, already have sweats on to keep warm.

Meeting friends for lunch... my guess is it will be pizza, though i always get the tossed salad to start with.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2012
5:06 AM

Post #9363647

I am up, had a pounding rain all night and that is supposed to turn over to snow by afternoon. Yeehaw.

Poor Shannon didn't get home from work until 1:00 a.m. and has to leave at 11:00 to be in for Noon today. Letting her sleep for sure.

Enjoy your day, and stay safe. I made a pot of coffee for the first time since Sunday...so going to enjoy a cup and just mellow out for a
few minutes.

Debbie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

December 21, 2012
5:23 AM

Post #9363657

Good morning. 58 degrees and sunny here today. Going down to 33 tomorrow morning.

Another busy day. Will it ever end? Mother is giving her Prius to my DD and DSIL at Christmas while they are here. It was to go to them upon her death. It has a "maintenance" light that is own constantly, I cannot give them a car that needs service. So I have to take it to the Toyota dealership as soon as I get dressed . The Prius is titled in my name also. I will give my DS a cash git to equal the value of the Prius. Of course, it still has stuff in it from the move that I have to clear out. I have items to take to DM at the ALF, pkgs to wrap and put under the tree, pick up two New Orleans Saints posters I had framed for DM, try to bake two pies, get my car emptied of trash and washed, and, and, and, and.

SURPRISE! Yesterday my doctor recommended the gastric bypass surgery as a solution to my medical issues. I am in shock! The lab results indicated my blood sugar was high, my thyroid hormone level was low (because I had not been taking my meds), I am not anemic, but I do have some kidney failure possibly due to my long term use of Celebrex. I had lost 3 pounds since I saw her last week.

Well I have to get going. Have a good day everyone.

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2012
6:16 AM

Post #9363682

Good morning again. It is 45 degrees here
Edited a new picture

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2012
6:26 AM

Post #9363692

That picture goes great with my cup of coffee, it is so peaceful looking.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2012
6:33 AM

Post #9363697

Good Morning! I guess we survived the end of the world! Woo Hoo!

Debbie - enjoy the peaceful cuppa coffee.

Dianne - I hope you are sleeping blissfully now

BonnieB - have fun cooking in the quiet of the morning! I imagine how wonderful it will be for your DH to wake up to the smells of cooking. Lucky man.

Bonnie - Seems to me the gift of the prius is from your DM and you should not feel responsible to prepare it. I'm sure the kids will be happy to help get it cleaned out and serviced. Congrats on the 3lbs lost! How is Patty doing with her Gastric Bypass? I have heard that they are an almost immediate help for diabetes. I guess you'll need to make sure the doctor is aware of and knows how to deal with your lymphoma and heart issues before you go into surgery, should you chose this option.

Terese - we do not need a storm here! Well.. we had quite a storm last night. It just howled and rained all night. But I awoke to some sun (now gone). It sounds like you will be looking for a snow shovel under your tree. :-)

Sandy - what are your plans for Christmas? Just you & your DM or will either DB or DS join you? I recall you went up to visit your DS last year, right?

Not much on the agenda today. Lunch with a friend from my old company and cleaning out the hall closet. Maybe more cleaning & organizing. Maybe puttering in the greenhouse. I love lazy days!

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 21, 2012
6:52 AM

Post #9363711

Well sleep didn't come but I've been out with Diesel in all this new snow. Watching him is like a dose of energy hitting your body. Man is he having a blast!! Quill came for a small walk but I brought her back in as it is too dangerous with the flying insane Diesel snow plowing around.Still snowing here. It is the paacking kind so I imagine UPS won't want to drive down the lane today with their deliveries. I usually drive up and meet them - especially the afternoon guy. He is petrified of our lane in the summer let alone today with all this slippery wet snow. Some drivers won't wait for me to come up and leave it on the porch of the old farm house. Its all fine with me as long as I get the delivery. These arrive and I will be all set for DVDs for the holidays.

Enjoy your lunch out today Terese. Pizza and salad sound wonderful.

Are you on holidays now Tam? Hope Gary had a dellicious meal at the Shady Maple. That place sounds great.

Is this your last day of work Elsie or do you have to go in on Mon?

I want candy and cookies too! Haven't made a thing. Every time I go in the laundry room I see all these empty cookie tins staring me in the face. Maybe I will make some shortbreads today or tomorrow. This snow has sort of lifted my spirits a bit and made me think some baking wouldn't be so bad.

Debbie I am so glad and happy for you that Shannon turned out to be such a help. Who is hosting Christmas dinner? I know you said you wanted to cook the turkey.

Sandy I sort of chuckled at you having to put on socks because your feet were cold. Of course I have the silly notion that Florida is so warm you need AC all the time. You and Bonnie have sure taught me that is a misconception. Are you staying home this Christmas or driving to your sister's again?

Bonnie I am so glad that your DM is initially enjoying her new home. I sure hope the bloom does not go off of the rose too quickly for your sake. I LIKE your doctor. She sure sounds like a no nonesense type of gal - just the kind I like and I think you needed. How is your friend doing that had the gastric bypass surgery doing in Spetember?

Waiting for the plumber to arrive. Not as if I am going anywhere but why does it feel almost like an imposition as you wait for him to show? He better be able to fix this today or I will be cranky.

BonnieB Quill sends Christmas smoochies to her MR B. Do you have all your baking done now?

Thinnk I will clean up the kitchen. For someone who rarely cooks anymore the kitchen still gets messy and dirty quickly!
Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2012
7:03 AM

Post #9363718

Dianne, I tried last night to get the girls to have it at one of their houses. Carrie does "Dec 23rd" as Christmas Eve so they can go to church on actual Christmas Eve...and they have dinner at Noon on Christmas with Andys family. SO she does more than her share. Jeanna threw a fit...its not Christmas if we don't come "home" and to your house. She will bring pies. Sigh. SO it is all me again. I had a long talk with DH last night...so, will see how things go.

I can just see Izzy & Diesel playing in the snow should they have the chance. We had some huge flakes falling for about 20 minutes, nothing stuck. So far it has stopped. I need to get to the store, but need help cleaning out the van first as all the Christmas gifts are in there.

I did manage to get the kitchen clean, except the floor. That is this afternoon.

Dianne, tell Frank & Deb I said hello. Could sit and talk to them for hours, such wonderful friends.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9363740

Well the cooking is moving right along. Meanwhile, I keep looking out the window as the snow increases in intensity and with bigger fatter flakes. Sure looks like this will be a snow event after all.

Dianne, I just pictured Diesel frolicking in the snow, taking his nose and "plowing a path". Isn't it just so much fun to watch them with the first snow? Hope the plumber can solve your heating problems today.

Debbie, just do it. No sense in arguing about it, but it sounds pretty selfish of the girls to insist that you have it even not feeling up to par. Kids!

Tammy, gosh you are a cleaning machine. Hope you don't get sidetracked by something else until you get it all done.

Terese, sort of sounds like it looked early this morning here. I wouldn't mind a bit for Christmas, but don't want the blizzard kind!

Sandy, will you and DM go north for Christmas?

Bonnie, gosh you are gonna be busy today if you accomplish all that you said. I think your Dr sounds like my kind. No nonesense and get right to the problem. Hope the "new" doesn't wear off for your DM and she is back to complaining. Very generous of her to give the car to the DD. She should be pleased enough to not mind having to clean it up.

Sausage balls are in the oven, so gonna check on them. DH and DGD just left to go to Walmart, so I will be alone long enough to get her gifts wrapped.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2012
8:21 AM

Post #9363760

For Christmas we are not going to Atlanta but DM, me and maybe my brother are going to go down to my Uncle and Aunts(the one who are west of ST Augustine on the river). Sister is coming south for a few days after Christmas

Well I have the paper for the calenders, now to finish fixing the pictures. I have changed a couple pictures and need to edit them some.

I wish some one had kept me out of Staples!!!! I found photo paper on sale-now I have enough to last a long time.
They will bind the calendars for me at about $1.50 each. So if I can get my self moving I will be making a lot of calendars. LOL

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 21, 2012
8:33 AM

Post #9363771

Morning!

Roads were in good shape yesterday. Except for the wind blowing so hard and the drifts. Got to town early enough I could stop at the grocery store and get what I needed.

Mint brownies are baking. Will have to test one of course. Then I will know if they are good enough for gifts. Made them in cupcake papers! I can be so brilliant sometimes. I do scare myself when that happens.

Gotta go.

This message was edited Dec 21, 2012 11:00 AM

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 21, 2012
8:39 AM

Post #9363782

I want to keep the brownies!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2012
8:52 AM

Post #9363796

ROFLMBO Oh Vicki, that one was good. DO NOT scare yourself!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 21, 2012
9:01 AM

Post #9363800

Nobody else around to do it! LOL
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 21, 2012
10:02 AM

Post #9363840

I want a brownie!! I need it and I deserve it. So there!!! I just went out to meet the UPS driver because he is afraid to come down the lane to find John's wife crossways on the road, on a hill with a huge drop off. Poor MaryLynne she can't drive at the best of times. She was on her way out to TO for a memorial service for John. CAA won't come in because the road isn't ploughed. Now we have to wait for the plow driver to come and heaven knows where we are on his list. He won't answer his phone which is highly unusual for him. I had to call the plumber to tell him he can't get in yet. I would hate for him to come over that hill and see her, he wouldn't be able to stop the snow is so slippery. So now he waits for the Dave the plowguy too.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 21, 2012
12:56 PM

Post #9363944

Debbie I thought you would like to know that Layla jumped up on the bed last night beside Nicole. She then laid on her back and put all 4 paws into the air. Wooooo Hoooooo!!!!! This is Diesel's sister everyone. She was hit by a car a few weeks back and severely injured. Gave Diesel an extra big hug when I heard this news.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2012
1:55 PM

Post #9363990

Dianne, that is wonderful news! Really was a scare for the poor girl...and her parents!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2012
1:57 PM

Post #9363993

Howdy folks! All the talk of baking inspired me to fill the house with the smell of chocolate. I did my chocolate indulgence cake - from Eating Well Mag. Relatively healthy. Got the ingredients to make a pumpkin pie for Gary.

Now I really goofed. I bought gift cards and when I went to look at them a couple minutes ago a $50 card is not there. I looked in the car, my pockets, the purse, the trash, the recycling and went through those places again. Crap!

Sandy $1.50 sounds like a good price!

Dianne - I bet JOhn's wife was terrified to see where she ended up after her skid! Does this mean no DVDs? Do you have good enough internet to try streaming videos? Netflix is always running a free month trial.

Vicki - all I can say is LOL

Debbie - I hope the kids all bring stuff so you just have to tidy up and then kick back!

BonnieB - I ended up doing more fun stuff than cleaning. We had lunch with old friends and then bought the gift cards (of which I lost 1) and then got milk & cream and stopped at a new flea market place. We weren't impressed but at least know what's there now.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2012
1:59 PM

Post #9363996

Tam, Jeanna is bringing two pies and Carrie left over cookies. That is it. Carrie might help, but Jeanna...I doubt it.

IF you have your receipt for the gift card...you should be able to go back to the store, tell them its not there...and get it cancelled and put on a new one.
I think nowdays they work like credit cards...sure hope they do!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2012
2:05 PM

Post #9364007

I am almost finished creating my calendar, I need to find out how much to ship them, might have to wait until after the first. Might need addresses

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2012
2:14 PM

Post #9364017

Woo Hoo!! Third time is the charm. I went back out to the car and found it under the passenger side seat. Not sure how it got there but I have it. Sigh.

Here's the cake & my first egg from the girls in a long time. Its HUGE! I have it set next to a store bought Large egg (which is the white one).

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy         

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #9364019

Tam, that egg looks like it was painful!!! Better give that little hen an ice pack to roost on!

Cake looks really good! I am craving brownies now...thanks to SOMEONE.
Is the cake recipe on line somewhere?

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 21, 2012
2:20 PM

Post #9364020

Tam, I had the UPS driver leave the boxes with the people who live in the old farm house. I will go up and pick them up tomorrow when I go into the village.

Dave the plow guy finally came - hope he plans on coming back to tidy up. Sometimes he does that when he is really busy and only charges us for 1 plow. So then Perry the plumber was able to get in and fix the problem. There was an air lock in the lines. He thought he had it out yesterday but obviously it was farther into the line than he thought. Downstairs is starting to warm up nicely.

Yum on all the baking. I didn't get around to making cookies today but will leave the butter out to make shortbreads tomorrow. Mint brownies really sound divine Vicki and I wasn't kidding when I said I wanted some.

Oh Tam, I hate when something like that happens to me. Yes, I have been guilty of losing a pricey gift certificate too. The worst part is I saw it burn up right before my very eyes. It got tossed into the woodstove with all the other paper garbage on the table and by the time I realized it the flames ahd started to nip at its edges. Didn't say a word to Warren just went out and bought a replacement, kicking myself the whole time.

Sandy the calendars sound exciting. I love your photos on FB. They are an excellent way to start the day too.

Diesel is exhausted tonight. He can hardly keep his eyes open. All that playing in the snow has him ready to snooze. Bet he has a good sleep tonight. I asked him if he wanted to come outside with me a few minutes ago while I did a couple of things and he almost crawled to the door and down the stairs. lol

Bonnie were you able to get all of your jobs done today? That was quite a list! I have a lot of things I need to do in the village tomorrow since I didn't get out today. Hopefully I can go early before the village wakes up.The PO is open till noon and I need to pick up some packages. Grocery store opens at 8 am so I hope to be there close to opening.

Have a good evening everyone.Am hoping for a good night's sleep tonight. I feel like I want to sleep so that's a good first step. Speaking of step I have watched the Step Up DVDs this week. Man that is an awful lot of raw energy in those dancers. But for the life of me I really don't 'get' the music and some of the dance steps. Guess that oficially makes me an old fuddy duddy. One of the DVDs had a salsa in it - now that is a dance.

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 21, 2012
2:23 PM

Post #9364021

We crossed Tam. So glad you found the gift certificate. I ahte the feeling that comes over me if something like that happens.

Cake loooks good. I'm with you Debbie. I want brownies thanks to Vicki! And of course do I have any chocolate in the house? No!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2012
2:46 PM

Post #9364044

You know, I have York peppermint patties...wonder if I broke some up and put those in the brownies how it would taste. Hmmm???

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2012
3:01 PM

Post #9364058

Dianne - glad you got the lane plowed! It sounds like you have a very poorly stocked pantry! No chocolate in the house? tsk tsk tsk

Debbie - it sounds like your taste buds are getting back to normal? You can enjoy chocolate again? I think you are right about that poor hen. All I could think of was that poor hen when I saw how huge the egg was!

Tam

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9364060

Hiya everyone! Waving from NoVa, it looked like it was thinking about snowing for all of 3 minutes...now just windy! I'm good with that, I'm indoors, got all my groceries (order and pick-up!!) and a few last minute gifts for hubby - we're doing a VERY scaled down Christmas this year for so many reasons, celebrated with MIL & family in FL, and that works just as good! :)

Had my third treatment yesterday, so I'm half way done!!! All my blood levels are perfect, I'm feeling great and even if I get tired and somewhat achy I tend to 'forget' I have cancer, until I see my bald head in the mirror and "Oh, yeah - I'm sick" :) Monday and Tuesday will be the days it hits me hardest, so I'm precooking a ham and side dishes, so DH can dish it up and heat in microwave - that way I don't have to worry about cooking on Christmas day - opening presents doesn't take much energy! ;) We'll relax, watch movies and enjoy being together :) didn't decorate at all, Freda the flying kitty is a master at knocking stuff over, and Fearless Freya isn't far behind her, so trees and decorations will be delayed until next Christmas :)

Trying to convince DH he needs to take Monday off, that way he gets a nice long weekend again, and I get him home with me & the critters :) We normally go out on Friday nites, but, since I am trying to avoid all and anyone with a cold, we just ordered in and will watch a movie tonight :)

Stay warm, stay safe and enjoy getting ready for Christmas :) Becky

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2012
3:08 PM

Post #9364062

Tam, I don't know how it will taste, but I am craving it. Putting it in my mouth and it tasting good is another story!

BUT I am willing to try. Did I tell you I had a yeast infection in my mouth from two runs of antibiotics for the sinus issue.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2012
3:11 PM

Post #9364069

Bec!! Glad to see you! How is the new baby kitty? Do you have pictures? She looks so much like a baby Huck!

So happy to hear you are doing well...and behaving

We have wind and rain. Had a few big flake flurries but nothing stuck so far. I am in "wrapping" mode...which I strongly dislike. BUT Elvis is playing on
Spotify.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 21, 2012
3:24 PM

Post #9364076

Still snowing here and we are under a Winter Storm Warning. Oh joy!! But I won't complain as I like the snow. Just need to get out in the am and if I get everything I need I reallly don't need to go out until 2013. Wow that sounds far away!!

Good to see you Bec. So glad you are handling your treatments well. It means a lot when you do - I know all so well. Plus you are right you can always summon up enough energy to open presents. I'm with Debbie we need to see new photos of your new baby, Huck's clone.

Tam I have no chocolate because Walmart had NO dark chocolate that I liked when I was there on Monday. I can't believe there was none of my brands in the store!

Might actually listen to my Stoney Plain's Blues Christmas album. I love it! So much so I ordered an extra CD this year in case this one wears out or they go out of business and I can't find it anywhere. Of course I was also able to indulge myself with a couple of Duke Robillard's CDs that I don't have. Also got a Lowell Fulsom CD - I have no idea how I missed having a CD by this Blues legend but I did. See Michael Buble's Christmas show is on TV tonight. Aw so many choices!!! lol Hot and wild time in Verona tonight.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2012
4:07 PM

Post #9364120

HI everyone, I spend most of the day working on the calender, only have a tiny bit of fine tuning. Of course it did not help that I deleted all the pictures from Photo Shop and had to down load the over 7000 pictures. I think I will wait and finish up tomorrow.
I plan on sending each of you a calender and hoping the shawls I have finished will ship out at the same time.

Bec glad to see you here.

I wish I could bake but I would have to unload the stove and oven first and by then I would be to tired to bake.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2012
4:24 PM

Post #9364128

Dianne you need to try the Lindts dark chocolate truffles. I do not like dark chocolate...but my Carrie just loves those.

When is Frank & Deb coming in?

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #9364134

Oh I adore LIndts truffles of any sort!

Bec - great to hear from you!

Dianne - I mailorder my chocolate from Amazon. I'm addicted to Amazon. lol

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9364236

Tam I bet I by more from Amazon that you do!! LOL

I am fighting the need to finish the calender. I have already make enough mistakes.
Oh well going to go find a new game to play

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9364284

Good evening. Was a busy day but got everything done, and we had our Christmas tonight. We had finger foods, and it was all good. We opened gifts too. DH and I decided several weeks ago that we were not going to exchange gifts, but I bought him some socks and 2 CD's that I knew he would like. I wasn't expecting anything, but DGD and DH went to town today, and guess they bought mine while out. He bought me a new pair of jeans, a pair of linen dress slacks, a camisole, and a gorgeous sweater, plus diamond ice earrings. They are beautiful. And this is a NO GIFTS celebration. So much for that, I told him that I wouldn't believe anything else that he told me.

Bec, so good to hear from you. I am so glad that the treatments are being tolerated well. You really do need to stay in away from people to keep from catching anything. Your holiday sounds good to me.

Tammy, I love dark chocolate, but haven't had any for ages it seems. Been putting on he pounds, and I can't afford any luxuries until after all the holidays are over.

Debbie, If I were you and had 2 grown daughters, I would assign them dishes to make and bring. Not wait until they got to your house to cook it, or put it together. That is a lot of work to expect somebody
to cook and serve and clean up. They should realize that your health hasn't been all that great and pitch in and help. Just MHO though.

Dianne, that is so good to hear that Diesel's sister was able to jump up on the bed after her accident. Bet her mom is super pleased to see the healing and recouperation that has happened. Wow, that slidding off the lane sure sounded scary. I am glad that the plow cam and got the lane cleaned out for you. Yippee on the plumber getting the heat to work. Now that is the real bonus of the day. What kind of candy do you like that Walmart doesn't carry? Mine usually has a good assortment to choose from.

Tammy, do you have the recipe for the cake? Not that I need anything else in the sweet category, you understand. But a fairly healthy dessert seems like an oxymoron. Glad you found the gift card. I had a few minutes of panic today. I knew that I had wrapped all my gifts and I couldn't find two. Both of them had gift cards in them, and I was just certain that somebody had taken them, or something. DGD looked and then yelled for me to come to the third bedroom, and there they were. I was trying to sort the gifts we would need tonight, and inadvertently put them with those, when they didn't belong there at all.

Melva, it has been a couple of days since you posted. Are you making plans for CHristmas. What do you and your DH normally do?

Vicki, the brownies sound good, but I am one of those peculiar people who don't care for mint. I started to call and tell you to just leave me one brownie plain please. Hehe. How much snow did you all get?

Terese, you said that you all only had a very little snow this morning, did that hold true for the rest of the day? We got about 2 inches, but it blew as soon as it hit the ground, so there is just snow in spots. DH didn't get out till late to clean the sidewalk and porch, so we had some icy cement for about half a day. It is clean now though.

Well, need to go read a couple of other threads, then I am heading to bed.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9364287

BonnieB -- it "just" covered the grass. that was it.
I do not believe our ground is frozen yet... today was COLD, mid-20's
so a few days of this and it will be.

was watching TV -- just woke up... I may go back to bed.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9364289

Forgot to say DGD bought me a kindle. She said that I was probably the only person in the USA that didn't have one!

Sandy, you are so generous to make those calendars to give. I think the $1.50 is probably a good price. Maybe if you ask for a discount because you will have several, they may give you a better price. Your photography skills are getting better all the time. No wonder the professional complimented your work. It is that level.

This message was edited Dec 21, 2012 10:18 PM

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9364299

BonnieB I asked about a discount and the answer was no.
I am weak-- the first copy is printing have found one page that needs adjustment. Going to take this one to Staple and ask them if they are ok to bind-might need a few more adjustment.

Sandy and Andre

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

December 22, 2012
1:50 AM

Post #9364413

Good morning. Up and at 'em, as they say. I have lots to do today before DD and family arrive tonight. Right now I am going to start a corn soup.

Bec so thankful to hear the good news from you.

BBL,

Bonnie
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 22, 2012
5:40 AM

Post #9364502

Morning everyone! The sleep meds worked well last night. A little too well I think because when I went into the kitchen this morning I had obviously made myself a peanut butter sandwich - all the evidence was there. I had no idea I had been up or for that matter hungry.But man does that sleep feel good!

Need to get into the village while I can. Forecasted rain and more rain with an excellent chance of freezing rain later tonight. Fun, fun, fun on the roads!! I always feel badly as so many have so much driving to do this time of year.

Will BBL
Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 22, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #9364515

Good morning everyone 41 this morning, Andre can not understand why I do not want to go outside.

I am now fighting with the printer-going to have to redo my plans on how the calendar will look.
I might be back later

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 22, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9364516

Good morning, I am so happy to see you two had sleep last night! OH how wonderful!!!

We have a lovely wind still blowing. Temp is 29 with a "feels like" temp of "11". Brrrrr! Not much for snow, a dusting, but the grass is
showing threw.

I have my coffee, DS is at Community service (hopefully outside working), DD is on way back into work (took 1 hr.. 40 min. to get home last night) and DH is over
at neighbors helping him with some projects...then he has to go into work as is on call.

You will find me wrapping gifts. Sigh.

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 22, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9364522

Good morning, cold but sunny here. DGD made us pancakes this morning. Good.

Dianne, glad that you slept, but sleep eating? I have heard of sleep walking!

DGD and I are heading out this morning to buy the neighbors a little gift.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 22, 2012
6:40 AM

Post #9364530

He is coming!!!

Thumbnail by wren107

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9364534

Good Morning!

BonnieB - It sounds like your DH went a bit overboard. lol I'm glad you enjoyed the celebration. On the cake - its really fairly low in calories and has enough chocolate that its good for you (antioxidants, magnesium...) If you could stick with just 1/12 slice, its 164cal. I typically have 1/8 slice, still a bit under 250cal.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chocolate_decadence.html

Terese - we got a dusting last night. Just a tinge of white on the green.

Sandy - all that futzing will make the final product that much better. Oh poor Andre - I bet he wishes you had a nice fluffy coat like he does so the cold wouldn't bother you!

Debbie - I like BonnieB's advice. Not sure you can pull it off but it can't hurt to ask? Assign them the dishes you find most difficult to make and see if they are game to pitch in.

Dianne - I've heard of sleep eating. A peanut butter sandwich isn't such a bad choice either for nutrition. I think its worth a good nights sleep for you. Maybe you could put out a selection of fruits & greens so that if you do sleep walk again, you will grab the healthy stuff. Forgot to say earlier I'm so happy to hear Layla is doing so well!

Bonnie - What is a corn syrup? I know you can get it in a bottle so I doubt its the sugary stuff I'm thinking of...

Loretta - what are you up to? Been a little quiet lately. I hope everything is OK?

Vicki - can't wait to hear what's on the breakfast menu today. :-)

~~~ to Melva & Adina! Bec too!

I need to get some chicken feed at Agway and make Gary his meatloaf & pumpkin pie. Beyond that... I guess its a toss up of various cleaning/organizing options or something I cook up on the spur of the moment. :-)

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2012

Post #9364537

cross posted with you Sandy.

Cute! It would also be fun if you just chopped off all but "surprise!" in that sentence.
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 22, 2012
6:57 AM

Post #9364548

Tam, get a cup of coffee...it is corn SOUP not syrup.

I think the issue with the girls bringing anything...besides dessert...is travel. They both have to go to in-laws in the morning/Noon and by the time they get here,
what they have made has been sitting in the car anywhere from four to six hours. BUT if they were coming straight here...I am sure they would do more if I asked.
Jeanna is bringing pies and her cranberry sauce. AND...DH is a big help. I know he is a PITA most of the time, but at these big dinners, he really does
help me a lot.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 22, 2012
7:49 AM

Post #9364586

Well, little Miss Darla Dimples was sleeping wrapped around my neck, must have gotten scared or something...and slid. She needed to hold on to something, so now I have a kitten paw shaped claw mark on my neck. OUCH that hurt! She felt so so bad and gave me kisses. I have antibiotic ointment on it...but dang did that sting.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 22, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #9364594

Tam I think I will do that. I have to rethink this whole thing. I am really making the old brains cells work

S and A
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2012
8:34 AM

Post #9364613

I haven't had much going on here. Phil and I make stockings for eachother and usually we have a few gifts too. Think I may cook a roast or a chicken..haven't decided which.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2012
9:59 AM

Post #9364675

Debbie - well soup makes a lot more sense than syrup! lol

Melva - that sounds nice.

Sandy - good. Gotta keep the brain in shape too. :-)

I picked up the chicken feed & got a box of suet feeders. I gave one to the chickens and put 2 up for the birds. The chickens were sure happy! I also got groceries and had lunch. Now I'm gonna work on repotting my orchids. And then make the meatloaf & pumpkin pie.

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 22, 2012
10:56 AM

Post #9364730

Tam, I never in a million years would have thought to order dark chocolate from Amazon. DUH!!!! I order from them all the time but it is just DVDs, books and small kitchen appliances. Santa brought me after showing me it online at Amazon a George Foreman grill. My grilled cheese maker died last week ( it was only 44 years old!) and when I saw a daily special on Amazon I thought why not. Hope I will like it and use it for more than grilled cheese. Going to Amazon right now and look for dark chocolate.Oh my these UPS drivers will shutter now!! lol

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 22, 2012
11:22 AM

Post #9364757

Chuckling...perhaps I should make that trip to see Dianne with all the UPS men coming to visit!

My girls have George Formans, and they love them.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2012
11:58 AM

Post #9364785

I've had George Formans for yrs... my only dislike is... you can't get "parts" ... I need a new 'plate' for the bottom as the non-stick has flaked off, and have had no luck.

but i love them... I've done pork chops, boneless chicken, hot dogs, burgers, bacon... the list goes on... and yes, great for grilled sandwiches.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 22, 2012
12:18 PM

Post #9364801

Thanks Terese. I was thinking about doing hamburgers and boneless chicken. Package says all parts are dishwasher safe so that really makes me smile. If I am hungry enough I think I will do some beef liver tonight so will put off trying the grill for a bit. When does Jenna come back to you? My heart just aches for her and from what you have said she sounds delightful.

Sun is shining brightly right now but just by looking outside you know it is cold. Wind is whipping around. One good thing is that the snow is so heavy and packed from yesterday it can't whirl around in the wind.

Decided against putting a tree up but did make a lovely arrangement of a Christmas bouquet in a crystal vase my mam used to use. I put it on the dining room table and praying Streak won't decide to to use the flowers as a meal replacement. A fellow DGer made and sent me a gorgeous tree skirt this year so I put it around the bouquet. It looks wonderful. Warren would have really liked it. I'm so glad now that Barb sent me the tree skirt in hopes I would put up a small tree. While I was buying the arrangement today I realized I had not bought ( or cut any in the summer) flowers for the table. Warren loved fresh flowers on the table so I used to make a point of having some there. I'll not let this be a 1 time occasion - it looks so nice and makes me smile.

Sandy how are you hanging in there? Did you catch a nap or still wound up in the calendars? What does Andre think about you spending time on the photos? Did you get your bike fixed?

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 22, 2012
12:26 PM

Post #9364809

Dianne I am still tied up with the calendar, starting over from scratch. Andre keeps bugging me so I have to take breaks. LOL

I am doing the calendar in short stages, saving often.

Might go on a little photo trip tomorrow, will see what the weather is like

Well I have feed DM and so back to work

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2012
1:36 PM

Post #9364848

I just pulled the pie from the oven and sampled the meatloaf. Its delicious though rather salty. DH will love it. lol

I also go three orchids that were way over do for repotting. I went to an amazing nursery last week. I probably shared about it but don't remember. The owner is amazing - he said he developed tissue culture! He was a professor in horticulture in Florida I believe he said. He's an orchid expert. And Martha Stewart and Bruce Springstein both buy plants from him. He appears to be in his late 70s. Anyway - he gave me tips on repotting and sold me a mix he said the orchids will love. One not likely survive - its on its last leg but we'll see.

Dianne - I get cereal, vitamins, chocolate and just about anything you could imagine from amazon.

I'm heading out for my holiday travels tomorrow. I'm bringing my mom some beef, my neice some salmon and my nephew the beef tongue he had requested but got into my box from the butcher. Oh and the capon I bought the other day. We'll cook it at my brothers' house for Christmas dinner. So I'll need a little time to pack the car in the morning before I leave. I will probably come home on Thurs.

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 22, 2012
1:57 PM

Post #9364855

Safe travels Tam!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2012
2:04 PM

Post #9364857

>>When does Jenna come back to you?

Dianne -- she's in the kitchen finishing up the cookies we made today.

She will be gone for about 3-4 days next week, and yes, she is a real pleasure to have here.
especially with me being the only female in the house... EVER, this is a treat.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 22, 2012
2:42 PM

Post #9364877

Tammy, have a great time with your family.

Dianne, your centerpiece sounds lovely.

BonnieB, it sounds like you and DH did very well for no presents. hehe

Sandy, I am going to bet that the calendar making is hard work. You sure have taken some calendar worthy photos.

Vicki, how is the weather up there? Do you have some days off next week?

Bonnie, I hope you all have a great time for the holidays. Is this their first time at your new place?

Terese it is so nice of you and your family to have Jeanna at your house for the holidays.

Debbie, I hope everyone comes together for you.

It's very cold and very windy here today. My poor neighbors still have a huge tarp on their roof. You can see the wind moving it around - it must make some strange noises in the house. The wind is making my house make some odd noises.

I was hoping to get up early and get some last minute things at Walmart but I slept in today. I feel like I could have slept all day. I hope to get to the store early tomorrow. I am still looking for a bag of presents - maybe next Christmas.

My head is pounding today. I don't know if its sinuses or stress. I feel there are way too many things going on. I was loading the dishwasher last night and I couldn't turn the hot water off. So out to the access to the hot water heater. I took the handle apart and moved it around and it's not leaking. I thought I could just replace a washer but it's not that kind of faucet. I will have to get new cartridges for the handles. I hate getting up on ladders and in the wind at night - it was not one of my best evenings.

No work until January 2. I hope to get some stuff organized in here. But you know how that goes. Chloe has been wild lately - running all over the place. And then she is my shadow. We did some serious reclining today.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 22, 2012
2:58 PM

Post #9364882

Thank you
Yes it is stretching my mind but number 3 is printing. I am not totally happy with the printing but these will do the job. The only problem it takes a long time to print

Need to look into more ink but I might have enough to last until after the 1st

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 22, 2012
6:08 PM

Post #9365065

Sandy if you print a good copy, then take the good copy to the printer place...bet they could print it off a lot better and good quality for you at a reasonable price.

Just back from errands and dinner out with DH. VERY cold out there, thankfully the wind has died down.

There is a home on one of the back roads, all decked out for Christmas, and if you put your radio on 87.9...the lights are playing along with the music.
DH and I sat and watched the entire show, which is on about a 20 minute loop. I just loved it. I think it might have gotten me in the Christmas spirit for now.

Elsie, did Teddy come in for Christmas with an outfit on?

Have a good evening and Safe Travels Tam!!!

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 22, 2012
6:39 PM

Post #9365099

Good evening. We are just back from DH's sister's house. She served beef vegetable soup, chili, pimento cheese, chicken salad, and had 2 different kinds of pie, and jam cake. It was good, and it was lots better than a big meal with turkey and the trimmings. They all exchange small gifts, and it was really nice. DH has two sisters that are going down hill fast. One had a stroke about 6 years ago, and is in a wheelchair, and another was just diagnosed with Alzheimers. She is getting to the point that she can't carry on a conversation. She will listen, but just will repeat it back and maybe ask a question or two.

Dianne, your centerpiece for the table sounds really lovely. I am glad that you put up something that would be sort of Christmasy. Honestly, you didn't know that you can buy just about anything on Amazon. It is amazing. See you can get your favorite dark chocolate, and it will be delivered right to your door. You and the UPS man will develop a close friendship!

Elsie, you on a ladder? You be careful. I have horror stories to tell about me and a ladder. Well, not the same one, but I have been injured on ladders two different times, and they were not minor injuries. Maybe if you just have to use one, call a neighbor an tell them, or take your cell phone with you. I can just see you lying in the floor hurt.

Debbie, see there are things that can get you in the Christmas spirit. We were out tonight, and just seeing all the lights, and DH had a CD in playing music, and I really enjoyed the ride home.

Tammy, gosh you did get a lot accomplished today. You be careful on your trip to the families. I know that you will enjoy it.

Bonnie, here is hoping that your family makes it there and enjoys the holidays with you and your DM.

Terese, I am so glad that Jenna seems to be fitting in and the main thing that you are enjoying her. It must get lonely being the only female. If it weren't for my DGD visiting I would be that lone female. By the time she comes (every other weekend) I am ready for female company.

Sandy, Debbie has a good idea. Make one good copy of each page, and then take it to a good printer and they will make the copies for you. That printer ink is expensive, and the colors seem to go pretty fast.

Melva, do you not have any family that visits or that you visit to share the holidays with? How about your DH? If you are only cooking for two people, it makes sense not to go the traditional turkey or ham route. Too much, and then the left overs last for weeks it seems. It is only DH and I most of the time. We only have one son, who is divorced, and one DGD, so our immediate family is pretty small too.

Well, need to go check some other threads. We will go to church in the morning, and hopefully it will be a quiet afternoon. We go to DH's cousin's house on Christmas Day, but nothing planned for Christmas Eve. DH and I are standing in a living Nativity on Christmas night. We have done this for about 5 years, and it is so peaceful and is so meaningful, after all the hustle and bustle of the holidays.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 22, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9365121

BonnieB the 1 UPS driver and I have a very good friendship. About a week after Warren passed he stopped by with a delivery about 10 am. He woke me - I had gone to sleep at 9 am - and he was so apologetic. I explained what was up and he shared with me that he knew what I was going through and that he too had stared at the ceiling for nights on end when his wife passed suddenly at age 38. He said the right thing at the right time and him just telling me that story made me feel somewhat comforted if that makes sense. I always hope it will be him doing the delivery - I make sure I have cookies or especially in the summer a cold drink for him to take with him. He was very good with Stormy ... in fact he is the only delivery person who was able to get Stormy boy to take a treat.He just got engaged this past summer after being on his own for 12 years. I am so happy for him. Now a couple of the other UPS drivers I don't really want to know any better. One hates dogs - I caught him taking a kick at Stormy one day and Stormy was just voicing his opinion, not charging the guy at all. The third guy is afraid of our lane even in the summer so gets all twitchy when he has to come downhere. Your Christmas gathering sounded nice - love the soup idea. Of course I would have soup anytime, any day.

Was it very busy out there Debbie? I would have thought it would be bedlam in the stores, restaurants and on the roads. Do they have contests in your area for the Best Decorated Houses? It is a big thing here and people stopping by the houses are asked for a $$$ donation or food for the Food Bank. In Toronto there is 1 house who has been doing this fantastic set up of lights and decorations for over 20 years. Last year they alone raised $15,000 for Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto. Bus tours come by to see the lights!

Oh Loretta you sound like me and ladders. I have had my share of mishaps with them. Don't mind going up, it is the coming down that freaks me. I think my fear in part is due to a misadventure when I was a teen climbing down the town water tower. Ladder slipped a notch or two and I just froze, thinking I was seconds from tumbling to my death. Did you get your problem fixed?

Got a little education at the hardware store today about light bulbs and how they are moving into these enersave bulbs. I have 6 pot lights in my kitchen work area that have flood lights in them. When I went in to get replacements this morning Chad told me after the new year the company will no longer supply the type of bulb I like to use. I hate these enersave bulbs as they do not put out enough light in the area where I work doing my chopping and such. I have asked Chad to order me a case of the light bulb I like to use. Hopefully that will keep me going for a few years.

Bonnie, everyone arrive safely? Is Greg coming for a visit and see his DGM in her new home?

Tam I listened to your advice and have put out some fruit on the kitchen counter. Not sure that will matter though because I deliberately went into 1 cupboard to get the peanut butter, another to get the bread and opened a drawer to get out a knife.Going to think fruit!!! Hopefully I won't be up and about at all.

Melva when will you decide about the roast or chicken? Last year I cooked a Prime Rib instead of turkey at Warren's request. I chuckled because as we were finishing Christmas dinner DH said Gee I wish we had gone ahead with the turkey as there are no leftovers. Ended up doing a turkey for New Years. At home we always used to have rabbit for New Years Day dinner.

OK, hoping the nods will strike soon. Sweet dreams everyone!
Dianne
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2012
7:39 PM

Post #9365128

Neither of us has family...I will decide what to have tomorrow.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 22, 2012
7:41 PM

Post #9365129

Dianne, our little community has a "top 10" decorated homes, and about 10 years ago we won. BUT since then, haven't gone over the top.
We drove through tonight, and there are some very nice homes "done up". I tried to take pictures but I need a tripod or the lights blur every thing.
Last night Santa came though town on a wagon. Usually he is riding the back of a fire truck, but for some reason they switched to a wagon with music.
Then the kids can go down to the fire station and have hot chocolate and sit on his lap afterwards.

I told DH "they don't want to get the fire trucks out in the rain because "DS" just washed them last week with community service. And guess what?
He did it again today for another two towns. He was frozen, came home on lunch, showered and warmed up...then back for another "shift". Will
say he seemed more sociable with me...but not holding my breath.

Dianne, get some sleep tonight. So happy the meds are working.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 22, 2012
7:54 PM

Post #9365137

Surprising it is a lot cheaper for me to do it. I can get my ink cheaply from Amazon. I can get 4 of each color ink I need for $29.99 which is about half what a single pack of the Canon ink cost. Plus no shipping(Prime membership)
Lowest price I have found for one calendar like the ones I am making is more that 15 dollar for one.

The temps are dropping

Going to finish up one more thing and call it a night

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2012
8:08 PM

Post #9365143

Dianne is it Ambien you are taking? People have been known to do many things while under the influence of that medication. It is good though, I have taken it..having it was a godsend after my Mom died...I couldn't sleep at all.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 23, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9365265

Morning everyone! Dull, gray day with a major threat of snow or ice pellets. I will take the snow thank you very much.

No Melva it is not Ambien. It is Oxazepam but at a very high dosage.Another night of deep sleep and no food excursions that I know of ... Diesel was in the same spot as when I fell asleep so I figure I wasn't up or he would have moved around with me. I am liking how I feel with a good night's sleep behind me. I was beginning to think I would never ssleep well again.

Steve and Mike are here - came at first light to finish splitting and stacking next year's wood. Steve's DW and DD will be along shortly so Tia can play with Diesel. Tia kept Diesel on her bed to sleep when I went to SC plus they were with me the day I picked Diesel up to come home. I am so glad Diesel has a young one to run off some of that energy he has.Of course Tia doesn't forget Quill which makesa Miss Quill feel so special.

Since I didn't snack last night I need some cereal. Puffed wheat sounds good to me.
Dianne
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9365270

Good morning, a warming trend is in store for us today. Mid 40's will make it seem almost tropical. Off to dress for church.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9365287

Good Morning!

Dianne - glad to hear you are getting some sleep. And yeah ... after I posted the suggestion about fruit I thought you had to be pretty capable to make a sandwich so it might not work just to put the good stuff out for easy access. I can just see Tia running around with Diesel! And Quill getting in some of her good lovin' too.

Debbie - I so hope this community service gives your DS some perspective. I've never done much decorating for the holidays. I always visit my family & Gary really doesn't care. I'm just happy that our friends have him over for Christmas dinner. It makes me feel a little better about him being here alone. (Though he genuinely seems OK with it or maybe even happy to have the time alone. We're both pretty solitary people I guess).

I have my suitcase packed and am wearing my new red pants. :-) Gary got a good chuckle out of how red I look this morning. (Red slippers too). I have my list of what to bring so should be good to go. Will pack up the car next.

I'm bringing my laptop so I should be on line while on my travels.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 23, 2012

Post #9365301

I highly doubt DS will learn anything. Sadly it will take more than this incident as his friends think he is a martyr for taking the blame and them not getting into trouble.
I had one of the parents tell me "Sam thought it was so cool that Shane stepped up and took the hit for Karen & Billy, so they didn't get in trouble". Thankfully Sam's dad stepped up...and Sam is the one getting up at 6:15 a.m and now driving DS to community service, attending court with him and such...so he can see how "cool" that is.

Safe travels today. I wish Gary could go with you, I have done that "alone" on Christmas, and no matter how much you think you enjoy it...its hard. You two know what is right for you...and if it works, enjoy it.

DH is going on "his" shopping trip for me. Oh joy! lol

Debbie
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 23, 2012
7:33 AM

Post #9365316

Quill is right in the midst of one of her spells. Please send positive thoughts for my darling girl. She was fine first thing, even came with Diesel and I the whole way. She ran up to Steve for loving then came into the house. About an hour ago I heard her stagger and fall and sure enough she is shaking uncontrollably. I have covered her up with a balnket and put her head on another blankeet. Diesel seems to sense to leave her alone which is good. My heart just aches. I wish I knew what to do for her other than keep her warm.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 23, 2012
8:10 AM

Post #9365330

Dianne, can you call Dr. Heather for advice on what to do for her? Sending thoughts and prayers for strength for both of you.

HUGS!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 23, 2012
8:17 AM

Post #9365333

Good morning everyone
Dianne {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}} Why do you know D-mail Palmbob and ask him
Get the first 3 calendars bind but forget to make sure the used the lower priced one but it was still only around 8 dollars for the 3

Thinking about going on a photo shot

Sandy and Andre

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2012
8:25 AM

Post #9365340

Dianne, I am holding Quill in my thoughts and hope she is around for a long time...

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 23, 2012
8:34 AM

Post #9365345

Dianne sending healing thoughts and strength. Hugs for you all.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 23, 2012
8:46 AM

Post #9365356

Quill is still hanging in there. I was able to move her in front of the woodstove with Steve's help so she will be warmer. I have her covered up but I notice her shaking is getting less. Hoping this is a positive sign. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. This little girl is giving me even more grey hairs than I already have. Dr. Heather is on a cruise so calling her is out.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 23, 2012
9:04 AM

Post #9365369

Dianne -- sending positive thoughts for Miss Quill.

Cooked a roast in the crock pot, added the carrots when Bud woke me up at 4am, added the potatoes when i got up at 8am. Gravy was made at 10:30 -- all ready for Lunch.

Having Salmon and veggies for dinner. Love it when i have a plan.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 23, 2012
9:21 AM

Post #9365380

I'm a lurker here on this forum but need to tell Dianne I'm thinking of her and sending prayers for Quill too...
And you too, Deb!!!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2012
9:59 AM

Post #9365406

Dianne - big hugs and prayers for you and Quill.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 23, 2012
10:11 AM

Post #9365413

((((Barb))))) Thank you!

Dianne, someone has to be covering for Dr. Heather...that you can just talk too. She isn't cold, it is her nerves and tremors causing that from the seizure. BUT that warmth is a comfort for her I am sure.

Big hugs
Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2012
10:12 AM

Post #9365414

Oh, Dianne, was away at church and just now learning about Quill's "spell". Please know that i will keep her in my prayers today and tonight, and until she is back on her feet. That girl has spunk. Mr. B is sending doggie kisses, and told me to tell her that he is thinking of you all.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 23, 2012
11:42 AM

Post #9365454

My darling Quill is holding her own. In fact she even got up and moved around all by herself. She is back in front of the woodstove now but managed to eat a couple of liver treats from my hand and have a drink of water..This girl is a survivor!! I am so proud of her and so full of love and awe that she is trying so hard to stay with me. Thank you everyone for all of your love, prayers and support.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 23, 2012
12:05 PM

Post #9365459

Just what I want to hear before I head to work.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2012
1:01 PM

Post #9365502

Great news Dianne!

Vicki, don't work too hard.

I got a new cartridge for my kitchen faucet but I can't get the old one out. I guess I will have to get someone in here to help after Christmas.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2012
2:34 PM

Post #9365555

Dianne, what good news to hear that Quill did rally. I have never prayed so hard, so glad that the love is mutual to the point of her not wanting to leave you alone. Tell her she doesn't have to worry, you have Diesel to fill that hole in your heart!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2012
2:50 PM

Post #9365560

Such good news about Quill! She (and you ) are still in my thoughts..
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2012
6:20 PM

Post #9365682

Thinking about shutting down for the night. DH is at his DS's house and is spending the night there. She was supposed to come here tomorrow but decided that she wanted to go home. She is the one who had a stroke, and has people who come in to care for her, but they are off until Wednesday. DH is taking tonight and another of his DS's will relieve him tomorrow, so that he can come home.

Dianne, hope that you get a good night's sleep, and that Quill is much improved tomorrow.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 23, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9365712

BonnieB I am always amazed at how supportive you and your DH are of your family. I so wish I was a part of a family who had such strong ties. The depth of caring you and Wayne show towards family and those you care for is most admirable. Has Wayne finished up with his DB's tobacco crop?

Quill is continuing to hold her own. She is weak but wiley if that makes sense. Not too interested in eating which is par for the course when she has a spell. Diesel is very respectful of Quill. He lays down beside her so his nose is touching hers. He also brings his toys and lays them all around her so if she gets the urge to play they are there. She did manage to make her way outside all by herself - albeit wobbly but she didn't fall over. It is quite icy here tonight so I was anxious to get her back inside. With a little bit of doctoring - with butter no less - I was able to get her to take down her Dasuquin. She had flatly refused it early today. Please keep those positive thoughts and prayers coming,

Snow starting tonight right through tomorrow and into Christmas Day. I need to get out to the Rx in the village in the am but if push came to shove Steve would pick up what I needed. I would like to get into the village there is 1 store I need to hit. Steve, Pam and Tia gave me the bestest gift, I wanted what they gave me so badly. They got me a LED flashlight that goes around my head. Wow is it powerful and bright. Now I will feel more comfortable and safer walking Diesel farther at night.

Debbie how did the night at Carrie's go? Girls OK with Shane or did he even show up? I so hope that SHane can find it in himself to get off of his high horse and let you all celebrate Christmas as a family with no strife.

Tam, hope everything went well on your travels today. Where are you tonight?

Vicki do you work Dec 24? I am just disgusted that the stores in this area were all weekend and will be open 8 - 8 even Christmas Eve. That is disgusting and a money grabbing ploy. All of the people at the IGA have young children or grandchildren who need their parents and Grands home not in some empty store with 1 customer after 6 pm coming through.

Elsie I can so identify with your frustration with your tap. I hate when I can't get something open - then when I call someone it takes 1 turn of their hand to do what I have been sweating over for 2 hours.

Melva stockings with Phil sounds like fun. That is what Warren and I always did.

Barb thank you so much for dropping in today. You and Norm sure spoiled Quill and Diesel with your Black Angus Taffy, Please come and join us again!!

Can feel the sleeping pills starting to work so I had best head for bed. Sweet dreams everyone!

This message was edited Dec 24, 2012 8:38 AM
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2012
7:56 PM

Post #9365724

Dianne, Wayne and I are just following what we grew up doing. Wayne's family is large, and he has always been the favorite in that family. When anybody is sick it is Wayne they ask for. He loves them all, and will drop what he is doing to go be with them. Yes, the tobacco is finished and has sold. All that remains is to get together with his DB's youngest daughter who is administrator to settle up. He paid for all the labor and expenses, plus has been buying the horse feed so he has a whopping bill that needs to be paid.

I am so concerned that the 3 children (all adults, but to me they are still children) have no idea what it takes to run a farm, and they want to keep the farm in the family. They don't realize that without someone planting a crop that can be tended and sold, there is no income from the farm, thus bills can't be paid, the horses can't be fed, etc. They are determined to keep all their DD's horses, but they eat a tremendous amount and without an income from the farm they will not be able to buy the feed on the salaries they make. They are just being so unwilling to face reality. Besides, their DD would not expect them to keep the horses if no one was going to go into the horse pulling sport, which they won't. He may have wanted them to keep one special horse, but he would say, sell them and split the money. DH is adamant that he is not ABLE nor willing to raise another tobacco crop. He may have to have shoulder replacement in the coming few months. So looks like the first of the year, all of them are in for a real eye opening time.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 23, 2012
8:24 PM

Post #9365731

Tonight went well. DS came about 7:20, and everything seemed pretty smooth. Oldest DD Jeanna called him in the kitchen...and gave him a beer. She gave me a questioning look and I said "it's Ok, just one". Helped him relax a bit. Next thing I knew they were all talking and the sisters were hugging him. He stayed for two hours and then his GF came and picked him up. There is another gathering tomorrow after church and he said he would be back. SO, I am glad that went well.

Dianne, thoughts are with you and Quill. I hope you both get some rest...it will do you both a world of good. Glad that new med is kicking in.

BonnieB, I agree with Dianne, your family really sticks together and that is a special thing...but as you said, being raised that way is wonderful.

I think I need to head to bed. Glad to say all but 1 present is wrapped, and that is DD's coat. I might just hang it in the closet, she already knows she has
it as I had her pick it out.

Tam, I hope you arrived safely and are enjoying yourself

Elsie, stay off ladders tonight. We are having problems with our kitchen faucet also. DH emailed the company and they are sending the replacement valve free.

Bonnie, hope you are enjoying your family being all together.

Vicki & Terese, Are you two ready for the Holiday...and NOT sending me any more bad weather? Weather liars are telling me Wednesday!!!

Melva, rest up...did you decide what to fix for Phil & you? We are doing turkey...which I have decided I am finally sick of. lol

Sandy, how are the calendars coming along?

OK, heading to bed...Waving to all

Debbie...who is STILL waiting for baby kitty pictures from Bec (smile)

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 24, 2012
4:00 AM

Post #9365835

Good morning everyone

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Dianne and Quill}}}}}}}}}

Debbie I have printed out about 7, had to stop as I want to edit some new pictures and can not do both at same time. Using card stock paper so not totally happy with them but maybe by next year I will have figures out how to get what I want. I have figured out that I can print 1 out for less that 2/3 dollars which is lot better than 13 dollars.

Need to get to work on the new pictures. Took a lot of views with clouds, so will see what I can do with them. LOL

Sandy and Andre
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 24, 2012
4:43 AM

Post #9365865

Happy Christmas Eve Day everyone!!!

My darling Quill is still with me this morning and seems more alert. She managed to get outside by herslef and to eat some kibble. More importantly she took her Dasuquin with no trouble. She still apears to be in no pain so I will continue with the watch closely plan of action.

Need to get into the village to get some Rx but they don't open until 9:30 am. I lke to get in to the village and back out before the village itself starts stirring but will have to hold on that.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Dianne
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2012
6:08 AM

Post #9365914

Good morning, rain here which the WL say will turn to snow on Christmas night. No plans for the day. May have to run to the grocery for more milk and juice, otherwise, just a calm day.

Dianne, give Quill a little hug from me. She is one tough girl.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2012
6:29 AM

Post #9365928

Debbie, I'm glad things went well yesterday.

I guess I should have done the same as your DH. My faucet is guaranteed so I should have called the company to get a new cartridge. I went online to Moen and I looked for a cartridge removal tool - it costs over $50.00.

Still haven't found the bag of presents. Oh well, they will probably show up on Wednesday. I'm going to my DB's for dinner tomorrow.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 24, 2012
6:38 AM

Post #9365937

Elsie, did you leave the bag n your car or trunk? Closet? I have done the same thing...and then suddenly think it is trash and double check and thankfully did.

I have an upset stomach this morning and need ginger ale.

Be back
Debbie
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2012

Post #9365940

Debbie, I'm not sure I have enough ginger ale. The bag was in the house. I'm sure it is part of my sad sad organizing. I bought the stuff maybe two months ago.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2012

Post #9365947

Glad to hear that Quill is still here!
I want a roast...but our oven is not working so I may have to venture out and buy a toaster oven that is large enough for a roast..the one we have now is much too small. who bought one so tiny? (Oh yeah, it was me!) not sure why I did that.
I need to go to the grocery store too, and get a few things.
Phil's new hobby is black powder stuff..he has a pistol and a shot gun...he goes every weekend to our property to target shoot...he says last time he was there and had just shot the shot gun, a big buck came out of the woods and snorted at him! Good thing he wasn't hunting. A lot of the stuff in his stocking is related to black powder..I found an old flask that is used to hold the powder...found a man on ebay who made him a mallet (it is so pretty! ) the handle is an old hammer handle and it is maple and the head of the mallet is another type of wood...he did a good job...
My Mother used to make stockings for us all...it has taken years to train Phil to do the stocking thing.he didn't used to do much for Christmas..
Not sure why I miscalculated but I thought it would be a bit warmer today..it is currently 26 degrees and it is supposed to get colder still later tonight. We might even have a little snow tomorrow..if not snow...some much needed rain.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 24, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #9366056

Elsie, we rec'd the replacement part for our Moen faucet. DH took it apart, and guess what? Can't get the inside part out either, needs a special tool.
It is cheaper to buy an new faucet he said than to get that tool!

He is on line chatting with someone or emailing and not happy. Seems like a money maker set up and just not right.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 24, 2012
9:58 AM

Post #9366070

Well darn Elsie! You want to help yourself and technology stops you. I had the same problem and ended up getting a whole new faucet.

Dull, grey day here but Frank stopped by as a surprise. Sure brightened up my day quickly! Of course he was bowled over at how big and affectionate Diesel has become. Missy Quill got right in there for some loving too which made me smile. What a girl! She just ate 1/2 a bagel but wouldn't eat her kibble. Any bets she is playing me? lol

Melva did you get a new toaster oven? My mam swore by hers and used it a lot when the management pulled the fuses out of her stove. Apple pie tasted just as good coming out of the toaster oven as it did out of the regular oven.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 24, 2012
10:04 AM

Post #9366079

Love my toaster oven and have also baked pies and cakes in it. Broil porkchops too. When it goes I am getting a 2 shelfer next.

Dianne I would just feed her whatever she wants.

DH and I were on line looking for a front snow blade attachment for his tractor. The bucket just isn't working and a back blade would be horrible. Talk about stiff neck! Other than that cleaning house!
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 24, 2012
10:32 AM

Post #9366096

Want to come clean my house too Vicki? I will feed you well and Diesel and Quill would love to have you and Ty here. This darn woodstove is a dust making machine. With having only hard wood to burn (which is a good thing) I get a lot of ash and end up having to clean out the woodstove every 2 - 3 days. That means I then have to dust every 2 - 3 days ... lol a never ending cycle. And I wouldn't trade wood heat for any other type of heat so I guess I really am not complaining.

The lane is glare ice. I had to go into the village to get a Rx and if I didn't need it I would have not gone out at all. I met someone on the lane when I was coming in and fortunately they were driving the lane properly ( meaning slowly) and we were able to maneuver around each other. Wish everyone drove the lane at that speed!

Neat that Phil is into the blackpowder. Our deer hunting season is extended for those who use black powder. Most of the people who do that type of hunting desperately need the venison to feed their families so they are grateful for the extended time frame. These are the people who ice fish to add variety to their menu in the winter.

Think I am going to try to have a nap. Diesel had me up at 5 am. Think he just wanted to see me using our new LED head light again.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 24, 2012
10:47 AM

Post #9366105

Elsie, the Moen guy called DH. He said to soak the piece in vinegar, actually pour it in there...and it should loosen the "stuck" piece to come out.

I can tell you all from personal experience, when Dianne talks about "Storms Lane" her road...it is a definite trial to get up and down that in GOOD weather.
DH loved driving the "Tang" on it...but, you must drive careful. It is room for 1 1/2 cars...with pull offs for passing. SO...if it is ice...it is a scary situation.
Dianne, be careful!!! Is Frank still going to stay with you?

I am just heartbroken right now. I had "that thought" that if it wasn't Christmas eve, I would load up these cats for a shelter. All my wrapping paper I had on the window seat and my "gift wrapping station" on the table, all pee'd on. Two pair of shoes taken off at entrance, ruined and a puddle there. We cleaned off the window seat...and it is ruined. Two candle melters...the little pot that holds the wax...urine. I am 99.9% sure it is Daisy, Axl & possibly Dexter. Whats worse, I was so sure it was Toby & Rory before...that we rehomed them. Now that I know it is really Daisy...I just feel so so horrible.

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2012
10:59 AM

Post #9366115

Debbie, I'm so sorry about the cat issues. I hope you can figure out what to do. Don't feel too bad about Toby and Rory - maybe they are only cats like Chloe and enjoy it.

I have a two handle faucet and I put vinegar on it. There is a small part that turns - it is the part that turns the water on and off. I turned on the hot water under the sink and turned this part until the water stopped dripping. I then put the handle back on - so far no leaking. The part that sticks up accepts the screw that holds the handle on. I read online that a guy damaged the whole faucet trying to get the cartridge out. Someone else put a large washer and a large bolt into the screw hole and used it as a handle to get his cartridge out.

I so wished I had gotten a video this morning. Chloe found a battery that had fallen on the floor. she stood in the kitchen and got in the crouching tiger position - then she wiggled her rear back and forth and then attacked. She's been playing like this for weeks. She's too funny.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 24, 2012
10:59 AM

Post #9366116

(((Debbie)))

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 24, 2012
11:04 AM

Post #9366118

Oh That would have been so cute. Darla carries a milk top around in her mouth "talking" to it the whole time.

Toby and Rory were my lovey cats, loved to snuggle, especially Toby. Huck does a good job now, but he is so so possessive. If any other cats are near me when he is...he attacks them! I need to get more of those phermone things that plug into the wall...but so dang expensive. It was $48 I think just for two.

Rumor has it that Jeanna got Izzy a new toy and a "wait til you see this!" I can hardly wait to see what is going to be hitting me next...she still swings her octopus and hits my legs til I throw it.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2012
12:04 PM

Post #9366145

Debbie I am so sorry about the cats...I don't know how we would deal with it.
Phil just went shopping for Corky and my stockings..and he is going to get a 'big honking toaster oven' so I am off to the store to get my roast..Recipes?

I have written 2 posts to see them both go, somewhere but not here...
Phil has gone shopping for Corky's and my stockings and he is going to get a 'big honking toaster oven' so I am off to get my roast. Recipes?
Debbie I am so sorry about the cats...

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 24, 2012
1:50 PM

Post #9366195

Have a magical Christmas Eve everyone!

Dianne. Quill, Diesel, Streak and Sassy

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 24, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9366263

Happy Dance... Happy Dance... DH bought me a Dyson for Christmas!! I needed a new Vac and was too cheap to buy myself one...

**back to the gathering**
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2012
6:59 PM

Post #9366401

Good evening. It has been a rainy dreary day here. DH went to spend the night with his DS, and didn't get in until about 2:00. I just did some laundry, ran out to get some milk and juice and sort of straightened the house.

Debbie, I am so sorry that you are having such a problem with the cats. I am sure that it is from them being unhappy that there are others around and they are getting territorial. I don't know that there is much that can be done about it, and honestly the phermone plug ins are so expensive, I would make sure that they were very effective before putting out that much again. Hope that Izzy's surprise is something that isn't dangerous for you when she plays with it. Hehe.

Melva, glad that you are getting a new toaster oven. I have never had one, but there are times that I think it would come in handy and I would use it, to keep from heating the big one. Recipes for a roast? I don't have a recipe, but I always put mine in a skillet and brown it, really sear it, as I use high heat. Then salt pepper and no liquid in the pan, and cook at about 350 for a couple of hours. Makes the best gravy with the meat juices. I was skeptical when I did one without any added liquid, thought for sure it would stick and maybe burn, but it was the best roast I had ever made.

Terese, oh, dear a Dyson. Good for you. I am like you, would never spend the money to buy one that expensive for myself. Glad that the DH listened and heard what you REALLY wanted.

Dianne, so glad to hear that Quill ate, and greeted Frank. Sounds like she is getting back to "normal", and yep, they can "play" us, especially when they sense we are worried about them. But surely Quill wouldn't do her mamma that way, would she?

Elsie, did the bag of gifts turn up? I don't do faucets, that is why I have a DH. Evidently he doesn't do faucets either, as I have had a dripping one for about 6 months! When it gets bad enough, I will hire a plumber to come in and fix it, if the DH doesn't take care of it.

Vicki, thanks for the card. Loved the picture of Ty. What a handsome boy he is.

Bonnie here is hoping that your family arrived and that you are deep in celebration at this very minute. Well maybe the celebration is winding down.

Wishing that all of you are visited by Santa and that he brings some really nice goodies and not the kind that you have to share, just for you alone!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 24, 2012
7:35 PM

Post #9366423

here are my kids ... plus me and DH

Left to right...
Mary [fiancee] Jim, Alex, Jeanne, Me, Jim [DH]

MIL [Lori] and her "companion" were in the image too, but Alex cut them out.
I had no idea that my boys are not pleased that their grandmother is "dating".
They just think it's wrong -- I said to them... Can't Gramma be happy? Grampa has been gone 13 yrs...
They just don't like gramma with anyone else.

Jimbo put the Vac together for me and I ran around the lower level vacuuming... amazed the stuff it picked up and I just vac'ed yesterday.

Ate way too many sweets... I'm paying for it already... i get horrible heart burn...

Hope everyone had a great Christmas Eve.

** fixed spelling errors**

This message was edited Dec 25, 2012 7:13 AM

Thumbnail by tcs1366

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2012
8:25 PM

Post #9366441

Great picture Terese!

BonnieB, I think it is so nice of your DH to spend time with his DS. No bag of presents yet.

It is snowing here. I hope it warms up tomorrow and melts away.

Merry Christmas!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 24, 2012
8:33 PM

Post #9366444

We have snow also! I went to the Christmas eve service, the Church didn't collapse (that is 3 times in one month).

Love it when lighting the candles to sing Silent Night...a tiny little girl, about two...starts singing "Happy Birthday to you" and it was just so sweet
and innocent and after the last few months...made me feel good.

Finished some leftovers at DD's and are now home, cooking for tomorrow.

Terese, that is a very nice picture! Frame-able! The kids don't like to think of Grandma having "romance". Its not the boyfriend part...its "grandmas having a good time" issue. LOL It was the same way here when many many years ago my grandma remarried.

Elsie, presents in your bedroom? Ask Chloe!!

Sweet dreams everyone, have a VERY Merry Christmas!

Debbie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 24, 2012
11:50 PM

Post #9366499

Merry Christmas everyone! We are having all the family here at our home and have a great time. Last night we decorated the tree and put all teh gifts under . Nicholas had many gifts and he enjoyed all of them! Many cars!LOL I have today off , but will be working all days until New Years' Eve...yuck!
Have a great day!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 25, 2012
3:25 AM

Post #9366527

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

From Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 25, 2012
4:44 AM

Post #9366553

Merry Christmas everyone!

Dianne, Quill, Diesel, Streak and Sassy

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 25, 2012
4:49 AM

Post #9366565

Merry Christmas!!

Should be a quiet day here. I'll call my parents, vacuum the upstairs [I was surprised at how much quieter this Dyson was from my 'Wind Tunnel']
and I was thinking maybe go to the movies... we shall see.

Alex will be taking Jeanna to her dad's for the day, then to the neighbors where she will stay for a few days while she works... then I guess back here until they all go back to school in January.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 25, 2012
5:33 AM

Post #9366579

Merry Christmas everyone!

We have snow! It is beautiful, and Izzy is thrilled about it, however at 3:00 a.m. my enthusiasm form her excitement ran out!

Have a wonderful day. Having a Christmas breakfast with homemade sausage and sweet rolls, and then this afternoon the kids will arrive
about 4:00.

Enjoy your day, Hugs to all

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 25, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #9366580

Merry Xmas Everyone. Will be fairly quiet here today. DS and DIL will be out for brunch.

Thumbnail by ves522

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2012
6:19 AM

Post #9366607

Merry Christmas. We will be heading to DH's cousins for a noon meal, then tonight we will stand in the living nativity. Nothing else planned, so it will be a quiet afternoon.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 25, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9366636

>>We have snow! It is beautiful, and Izzy is thrilled about it, however at 3:00 a.m.

Debbie -- Lucky you. I love a White Christmas. We only got about 3 flakes, so you didn't get it from me.
Hopefully all that romping around at 3am wore Izzy out and she'll nap today.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 25, 2012
7:25 AM

Post #9366655

Oh man Debbie we have snow and lots of it. Another wicked storm forecasted by the WL moving in tonight with more snow. Cold but sunny out!

Have fun Katie! Does anyone take pictures of these kids faces when they see you and get a present?

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 25, 2012
4:15 PM

Post #9366976

Lazy day here today... but I had fun vacuuming the house... amazing how clean the carpets look when you have a good vacuum.

~~Enjoying a shot of Lemoncello, which was a nice gift too.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day... we did manage a slight dusting of snow, the patio is "just" covered, nothing on the lawn.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9367021

We had a great time at my DB's. It was so noisy with crying children - I think they were tired. Meadow got a grocery cart with a cash register. YOu hit the item on a button and it makes the scan noise. It was very cute. I knitted a scarf for my niece - she asked me when I was there on the 16th. she was very surprised I finished in time. I'm surprised too.

The do a white elephant gift thing. I feel bad because I didn't bring a gift. you pick a number and as she calls a number you can pick a gift. If someone else wants your gift they can take it when it is their turn. I got a gift certificate to a wine store. My SIL took that and I got scratch off tickets. Lets hope I win some cash.

My nieces cousin has three children - one of them got a remote control snake - ewww.

I'm going to recline and stay warm.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2012
7:09 PM

Post #9367101

Well, we had a good day. Lunch at DH's cousin's house was great. She has about 30 people, and I got there in time to help her do some last minute things. I think she appreciated that, as she had asked her daughter to come early, and she got there about 12:10. Anyway we got it on the table, and as I said everything was good. We buy gifts for DH's cousin, her daughter, and SO and little girl, so wasn't very bad. I got my usual perfume from DH's cousin. DH got a $100 gift certificate to a nice mall in Louisville. That makes $200 he has to spend.

We came home and I rested for about 2 hours and then it was time to get ready to go to stand in the Living Nativity scene. The main thing is to dress warmly, then they dress you in costumes over your outerwear. I got to be Mary this year, and got to sit for the whole set. It is 45 minutes, and it is quiet and I really enjoy reflecting on this past year, praying for people on my personal prayer list, and just planning a bit for the year to come. It is in the mid 30's so it wasn't too bad. The wind was blowing, but we were protected by a three sided structure. There are live animals, and a donkey right in front of me, had gas. Whoowee, enough to knock the Wise Men and Shepherds to their knees!

Glad to hear that most of you had a good day. Terese, some people may laugh at your activities today, but I have had a new vacuum given at christmas, and it is a joy to use it and see how clean the carpet looks. I know that you will enjoy it. Did you get one for the pet hair?

Elsie, oh, you had a great gift before someone took it from you. Well scratch offs are good, hope you at least win enough to buy a bottle of wine, or a 6 pack of soda for yourself. Did you eve find your sack of gifts?

Debbie, have enjoyed the pictures over on the other place. Izzy looks like she is having fun with the gator. Hope that it stays intact and you don't have to watch for gator parts coming out of her!

Dianne, I hope that you had a good day. That light that was given to you will be useful for several things. It is hard to have to try to hold a light when you need both hands for something.

Melva, how did your roast turn out? What else did you cook to go with it. Are you in that horrible snow mess that I saw on tv tonight? our WL's are saying we are just on the line where it may be snow, or may be rain turning to sleet. Personally, I would prefer the snow. We are supposed to go tomorrow to transfer the title to the car we gave DGD. She will have a cow if that is delayed.

Vicki, what did you serve for brunch? I bet it was something very good. Hope you got a good visit with DS and DDIL.

Bonnie, you need to report in and tell us about your day. I hope that it all went smoothly and that everybody enjoyed being together.

Adina, poo, on having to work the rest of the week. But I guess someone has to do it.

Tammy, you said you would check in, but if you did, I missed it. That's okay, as you really have to move around in order to get the visits in. Be careful, if you have to drive tomorrow, and you have less than stellar weather.

Off to bed shortly. Hope I get to sleep later in the morning.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2012

Post #9367117

BonnieB, it sounds like a very nice day.

No I didn't find the bag of gifts. I would have been fine with the wine gift certificate. I don't drink so I would only use it for cooking. I didn't win anything on the scratch offs. I will look at them again in the daylight.

Sweet dreams!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 25, 2012

Post #9367118

So glad to hear you had a good day BonnieB. That gator is made out of the kevlar...same stuff her octopus is, and it is 2 years old now I think. SO, I hope it
hold up just as well.

We had a bit of a surprise. Carrie has a "big boned" cat, Tigger, and she bought him a HUGE cat tower to play on over a year ago. Well, he won't have anything to do with it at all. She brought it over for "the kids"...and let me tell you, they are all so so happy. Just no idea where to put the dang thing it is so big.

The kids were all very generous with each other and us...but, they did a number on Shane. He felt so excluded. I was hurting for him...but he has to realize he has to mend some fences. NOT trying to baby him at all...just there are other ways to do this instead of pushing him further away.

I am going to have to clean out my cupboards to put things away. Got some new cooking gear, a dutch oven I had wanted (Carrie)...but is so heavy can't pick it up! And two new skillets (Jeanna) and a very nice spice rack and "single serve" coffee maker from DH. A gift cert to Cracker Barrel from Shannon and way too much candy from everyone, especially since I am not liking chocolate. They can't get that through their heads. HOWEVER, that said...I did find if you put a chocolate truffle into hot coffee...or hot chocolate...it is VERY good.

I am so exhausted...storm is moving this way big time. Talking 18 to 24 inches snow,depending on how it builds getting here. Oh joy!

Ya'll get some rest...I hope you had a great day.

Debbie

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy      

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 26, 2012
5:02 AM

Post #9367252

Good morning everyone

Sandy and Andre

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 26, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9367262

WAY pass time for a new thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292049/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America