Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Will the Real Christmas Cactus Please Stand Up: S. bridgesii

Communities > Forums > Article: Will the Real Christmas Cactus Please Stand Up
bookmark
Forum: Article: Will the Real Christmas Cactus Please Stand UpReplies: 0, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MacGuffin
New York, NY
(Zone 7b)

December 19, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9362092

Tina, this is a wonderful article, especially for someone new (like me!) to holiday cacti and indeed to home horticulture because I FINALLY have an apartment that gets some sun! Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm inferring from "The name Schlumbergera bridgesii, still seen occasionally, was mistakenly published for it very early, and only in 1964 was the plant's proper history and correct designation traced and reestablished by Will Tjaden, a member of the Epiphytic Plant Study Group in England." that S. bridgesii was an incorrect designation for what was later termed "S. x buckleyi" and that the two are synonymous, not different plants. Any thoughts on this? And thanks so much for your efforts. :)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Will the Real Christmas Cactus Please Stand Up Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I want one! KyWoods 6 Apr 8, 2008 3:11 PM
Thank so much doccat5 1 Dec 19, 2007 2:49 PM
Great article roadrunner 6 Apr 8, 2008 3:06 PM
Cool temps also will cause budding tommyr2006 9 May 4, 2011 6:24 PM
I have one older DaBenDan 3 Dec 9, 2011 7:17 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America