Cuttings in plastic bags

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

I read somewhere that plumerias can be rooted in plastic baggies. Can anyone help me out with this please?

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

Go back to Jan 14,2011 in this forum. Post http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8360026

Melbourne Beach, FL

Hi Tina,

I've just started bagging cuttings instead of my usual method of pot rooting. Have about two dozen currently bagged using two different mixes: 1 dozen are in a peat and perlite combo and the 2nd dozen are in a coco coir/perlite mix. Neither batch received any additional moisture. Used plastic sandwich bags (small) and after the cutting was in the mix put a thick twist-tie around the collar of the bag at the top of the medium, folded the rest of the bag around the girth of the cutting with painter's tape then cut a strip of foil and folded that around the tape to fend off any sun rays heating up the tape. Once the mixture was put in the plastic baggy, I cut off the zip or seal strip at the top so that the plastic would fold easier around the cutting. Also trying this with some cuttings with just a few, small emerging roots. Guess I'll find out how it all works out in a month or so!

I can take some photos for you if you are interested and post them. Just let me know.

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

PlumeriaPatch,
please post some pictures. I would love to see your setup.

Tucson, AZ

did you let the cuttings callus before bagging?

Vieques, PR

I cut them and put them in dry perlite for a few days, then scratch 'em a bit, sut with Rootone, and stick right into some roughed up soil. "Tough Love" works!

Central Valley, CA(Zone 9b)

So....how's it working out?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images