Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.
I've just started bagging cuttings instead of my usual method of pot rooting. Have about two dozen currently bagged using two different mixes: 1 dozen are in a peat and perlite combo and the 2nd dozen are in a coco coir/perlite mix. Neither batch received any additional moisture. Used plastic sandwich bags (small) and after the cutting was in the mix put a thick twist-tie around the collar of the bag at the top of the medium, folded the rest of the bag around the girth of the cutting with painter's tape then cut a strip of foil and folded that around the tape to fend off any sun rays heating up the tape. Once the mixture was put in the plastic baggy, I cut off the zip or seal strip at the top so that the plastic would fold easier around the cutting. Also trying this with some cuttings with just a few, small emerging roots. Guess I'll find out how it all works out in a month or so!
I can take some photos for you if you are interested and post them. Just let me know.