Things that make you go "hmmmm" or Say what???!!!! Pt 5

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

let's continue....
coming from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1272614/

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Thomaston, CT

Yes, it's already Friday in some parts of the world....we're still spinning....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

another confused woman called my friend that works security
Me: Hello, Security, Roric speaking
Lady: Is this security?
Me: (shaking my head) yes
Lady: I would like to leave my car for a few days while I travel.
Me: ok what kind of car is it.
Lady: Broo Toyota Camry NJ plate for licence. I leave there 4 days.
Me: Where is it going to be?
Lady: in parking lot there at Carnegie Center.
Me: which lot? which building?
Lady: leaving car n parking lot at building where I am working.
Me: (shaking my head) where do you work?
Lady: Carnegie Center...I leave my car for 4 days. In parking lot.
Me:.........what building ma'am?
Lady: the 400.
Me: ma'am there iS no 400.
Lady: oh really? Well I leave car ok.
Me: ok ma'am....no problem. Have a nice trip

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Maybe shes going back to her home planet for a short visit lol sheesh

Thomaston, CT

At least he can laugh about it!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

You have to laugh or they'll drive you crazy!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

From Twitter:

"The worst part about surviving the apocalypse is that everyone else survived too."

Friendlier than some of my neighbors!

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/12/20/burglar-helps-self-to-cake-watches-tv-turns-on-tree-lights/

Prarphernalia in his car explains a lot!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yes, it does!!!

maybe it 'splains my spelling LOL!

Thomaston, CT

Nasty robbery in my town yesterday.....trashed every room, including fridge & freezer.....took 4 tvs, cash, jewelry, & all the Christmas presents....broke the sliding glass door on the deck....and nobody heard? This is in a busy neighborhood, was part of my mail route....

Most people including me, are barely aware of what's going on outside in cold weather. Of course, depends on how close the houses are. I hope I would notice if strange people were taking all those things from the neighbor's house. Must have had a van.
But trashing all the rooms and food? Sheesh. THat's overkill.

I'm sad to realize that property crime will probably be a continuing or bigger problem as the recession drags on.

Someone tried to break in to my DS's loft apartment yesterday. (Downtown, old industrial bldg, SW VA), He is here but one roomie was there and his noise seemed to make the burglar move off. I would not be surprised if it was one of their neighbors, who knows they are college kids and might all be home for holidays.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

The bad guys think the best stuff is hidden in fridge or freezer.

Terrible shock for that family - so disturbing.

Overheard at Walmart

Young woman speaking to cashier

"Well, hi how ARE you?" "This is my boyfriend Sam."
"Sam, this is my ex sister in law."

"Did you know I remarried after your brother and I divorced?"
"Well, Sam is HIS brother"
Hmmmmmmmm

This is what makes me REALLY go hmmmmmm
Major mall at Christmas.....it ain't so warm in those malls......

At the Photo with Santa area
Mom, Dad all bundled up...jeans...shirts...sweaters....wooly UGGS, etc,
~ 2 month old baby all decked out for the photo in SLEEVELESS silver and red satin .... with a few touches of purple....oh wait...those are her wee mottled arms!

Thomaston, CT

I have seen babes really not dressed for the weather....afraid to say something however! Sally, sounds like your son had a lucky escape...yes, probably neighbors is right.....

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh poor baby

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

No dictionary has been able to adequately explain the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED. However, in a recent linguistic conference held in London, England, and attended by some of the best linguists in the world. Samsundar Balgobin, a Guyanese, was the clear winner.

His final challenge was this: Some say there is no difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED. Please explain the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED in a way that is easy to understand.

Here is his astute answer: "When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE. But, when you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED. And when the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are COMPLETELY FINISHED!"

His answer was received with a standing ovation lasting over 5 minutes.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Must have been an audience of mostly men! Very funny!

Thomaston, CT

Great answer!

Hahaha!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Good one!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hahahaha

Great!

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

After of as now - I think this about my Job. No I would like to say take this job and..........

Thomaston, CT

Would you be happier home without the job? If so, quit now...no sense suffering....

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

I took the 2nd store in the height of holiday sales not knowing what I was getting into. Now that its over, maybe I can get into a routine & have 1/2 of a Life or somewhat of a "Normal" job, for a while.

The $$$$ is good. Most City Crew Workers dont do the physical labor I am. I can lean on a shovel. My husband says its too much for 1 woman to do alone during the holidays.

Lifting a 70 lb display, by myself. Up @ 3, on the road at 5:30 & home at 5:30. The 2nd store has kicked me. I am the 7th employee that has kept this job for more than 3 months.

Misery? Not peaches & cream.

schickenlady- seems like it will slow way down now until spring or easter do you think? which may not prevent those 70 lb displays and may not be good for the money with less hours....hope it works out for the best.

Thomaston, CT

Sherrie, that sounds very physical....one reason I quit the post office was the heavy lifting.....

Like I always say - people suck!!

http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/12/27/4507782/clemson-students-turtle-project.html

you can say it again!

Thomaston, CT

Not surprised....some ugly humans out there......

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

How sad is that and we call ourselves human...We've pulled over many times to rescue them and let them go in our woods.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

http://news.msn.com/world/attorney-seeks-to-sue-connecticut-after-school-shooting

He thinks that was "forseeable"? Just another reason to hate lawyers. And those parents - how ungrateful can you be?

Typical. Tragedies bring out the best and the worst.

With Stormin' Norman passing the other day, they were giving some of his quotes. My favorite is, 'Going to war without the French is like going hunting without an accordion.' GREAT!

Thomaston, CT

Good one.....Memory, I was not happy to see that article....on the other hand, loved the article in today's Courant about a 102 year old woman who drives an 82 year old Packard....she still changes the oil & sparkplugs!

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Me:
How do you like the new computer game dad got you for christmas?

Grandson:
Great! It is really sweeeet! These zombies....they are coming at you...and then you throw the tomahawk and then the dynamite and then you can cut their heads off or blow them up....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Whoa! Guy catches place crash in Moscow on dashboard camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEQdW6yS5o4&feature=youtu.be

Thomaston, CT

Scary!

What is it with 'Sandy' and tragedies this year?!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.