Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Carolina Gardening: Anyone remember me?

Communities > Forums > Carolina Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Carolina GardeningReplies: 7, Views: 105
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Sandlapper91
Lexington, SC

December 21, 2012
12:55 AM

Post #9363581

Hey, it's been a while and I forgot the information for my old account so I just made a new one. For those of y'all that have been here for a few years, this is Trent (diehardsouthrnr or 1cros3nails4given... I'm not sure exactly how I spelled my old usernames.) I'm 21 now and I'm a junior at Clemson studying horticulture. I thought I'd drop by to say hey and see who all is still around here!
Beach_Barbie
Kure Beach, NC
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2012
1:08 AM

Post #9363583

I remember! Studying at Clemson, huh? I guess I'll still talk to you. I got both my undergrad and Masters at USC. ;)
Barb
ardesia
Saint Helena Island, SC
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2012
9:58 AM

Post #9363838

Hey Trent, welcome back. Of course I remember you. I got my graduate degree from USC also but I have been a Clemson Master Gardener for 25+ years so my blood runs both colors. LOL

So happy to hear you are majoring in Hort. Are you officially in Lexington County now? Any ties to Beaufort County still? I am asking because our local MG association funds scholarships for Beaufort/Jasper/Colleton County residents who are majoring in hort science at CU.
alice
Sandlapper91
Lexington, SC

December 21, 2012
10:03 PM

Post #9364368

Well I'm very glad y'all will overlook that "flaw". haha My parents officially live in Lexington but I've got a job at Palmetto Coastal Landscaping in Bluffton. I stay there in the summer and my grandparents still live there. I hope to move back down to the Lowcountry soon!
StonoRiver
Johns Island, SC

December 22, 2012
3:18 PM

Post #9364895

I've lived all over this country---except the left coast (by choice) Sandlapper, and I gotta level with you, the Lowcountry is as good as it gets in North America! Especially to a plant freak. I'd like to write a book about it, but then too many people would know. And they'd swamp the low country, and we'd turn into another ticky-tacky area that resembles so many around the country. Can't have that, because it's also relatively fragile... Welcome back!
Sandlapper91
Lexington, SC

December 22, 2012
5:37 PM

Post #9365023

Thanks, Stono!
LavinaMae
Grantsboro, NC
(Zone 8b)

January 23, 2013
10:52 AM

Post #9394867

Yes I remember you and the board has changed a lot. Lots of oldies not here any more
Glad to see you n hope you drop in more often
rednyr
Sumter, SC
(Zone 8a)

January 29, 2013
5:10 AM

Post #9400989

I've been lucky enough to follow our young man via Facebook :) It's been a great journey watching him go from HS to College years and I appreciate his letting this old lady stalk him LOL

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Carolina Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Helllo Snoutherner 16 Apr 13, 2007 8:22 PM
Beautiful day Rosykay 14 Mar 20, 2009 11:32 PM
Flame azalea spartacusaby 20 Jun 21, 2007 4:17 AM
What is it? CarolinaTracer 6 May 5, 2007 1:05 PM
Hardiness success stories Tropicanna 102 Oct 16, 2007 7:29 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America