Weather In Your Garden # 125

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Coming from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1288257/#top

Stay safe driving everyone on your last minute shopping, parties or what ever you may be doing.

It's 30 here with sleet pelting the windows as I type. Should turn to complete rain by afternoon and a high of 44 for today.

My Christmas cactus is actually blooming on time!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

sorry I posted in the last thread while you were making a new one

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Glad you won't be driving. :)

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

just exhausting.. when doing it all day in this craziness

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Crazy out there. 1.5 inch so far. Lots of wind.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Rained during the night
Supposed to go to family party tomorrow but will wait to see the weather

South Hamilton, MA

45, rain & high winds here.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

that is a lot of water to drive through allison - does he have a truck?

let's see it is dark, windy, and heavy rain - just like everyone else - wish it was SNOW!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Crazy storm super windy .83"

Blew down my bird feeders, 'garden is sleeping' sign, knocked over metal snowman, blew ornaments out of a planter

And you doubted the Mayans!

Sun coming out now!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOL

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Thomaston, CT

Pouring & 52....very windy....need the rain as we are down 8" this year....

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Its raining a misty with big snowflakes occasionally.3 inches of snow starting tomorrow.

Thomaston, CT

Ack!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that's awesome Jen.. LOL

Scranton, PA(Zone 5b)

I re-subscribed, yeah. From all of the rain, the whole 2.5 acres is a giant swamp. Tree is down threatening to take out the cable, and internet. So far, it has hailed, sleeted, white out from the snow, then poured rain...which is what it's doing now. From all of the water, we've gotten almost an 1+" of rain in the basement. Shopvac'ing it out...This weird weather pattern storm has done more damage to our property than Sandy did...and she did some.

I hope everyone fares well :-)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Take care.That weather sounds awful.

South Hamilton, MA

T wind is very strong-- I wonder if that is why we haven't seen the trash pick up trucks. Wind driven rain but we only have about half an inch, sort of like the barking dog who hides when you approach. Some garden trouble, Jen.

Hey Thom! Good luck with the property. I'm hoping 2013 is a MUCH better year.

Scranton, PA(Zone 5b)

Same here Victor!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Woke during the night from the wind. It sounded awful!!! Lots and lots of rain. Feels very raw out. 41

Hope to see you post often, Thom.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

wind knocked down out deer with lights - on the bright side weather man said storm would leave at about 2:30, he was right on the button

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

currently 30 and windy. we have 2" of wet snow.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

45 and pouring with 30 mph winds....I have no idea what the gust are but it moved the grill on the back deck.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

We are due for 50 mph winds tomorrow and 4-6 inches of snow.
I am so glad I dont have to go out.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

hey Thom.. nice to hear from you.. sorry about the damage.. hope it's not too bad

Scranton, PA(Zone 5b)

I went through all of the boxes, there were over 20. Most were baskets, or other type of knick knacky'esque things from the old house. Nothing inside the boxes were damaged. Tom collects...I'm going to kill the spelling...Longenberger baskets, one of the boxes was full of them...the flip side, it was lined with bubble wrap...no damage...phew.

I hope no one else has any damage done...receiving the unexpected isn't always a good thing.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

no it's not

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Friends posted a pic of their yard today. They live on the river. Pretty bad. Almost as much damage from Sandy. They had just gotten 40 sheets of drywall to fix their rental and they are all ruined. She is pretty down.

South Hamilton, MA

I wish that people wouldn't try to drive through floods. Don't need any more car damage.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

you are not kidding.. there were tons damaged since last year

36 now going to 39.. looks like flakes

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

34 snow showers this morning high of 37 turning to rain this afternoon.

3 Inches on the ground, windy. Supposed to travel 200 miles round trip today...

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Be careful Deb!

Trying to decide if we should go, I really don't want to take Leah out esp after she'd been so sick.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Be safe, dear!

We had over 2" of rain Thursday night, coupled with the wind and a high tide and that caused a lot of damage, again along the river.

Thomaston, CT

I had no idea there was so much damage in the NE! A little over 2" here, but the ground sucked it right up......flurrying all morning, some sticking on the grass.....nice to hear from you, Thom....those baskets are expensive, glad they weren't damaged....Hope you will be safe, Deb....Stay warm, Pixie & Jo!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

30 and overcast. it's slippery wlaking out there as ice has formed on top of the snow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.