How was your day #370

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Welcome please come join us. Just jump right on it and tell us about you and your pets and what is going on in your life.
Here we laugh and cry together-sharing hugs and joy

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1291431/

Thumbnail by wren107
Lyndonville, NY

Good morning,

Coffee is brewing, very tired....but survived the day.
Now to clean up the mess! lol

I hope you all have a relaxing day today, I am getting ready for the storm coming this afternoon!

Debbie

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Good morning, Debbie, our storm is already here. No snow yet, but sleet that is almost 1" thick. Supposed to get some snow later on I am inside where I will stay all day. Don't need any broken bones. Mr. B is still in bed, so will see how long he sleeps today.

Sandy, thanks for the new thread.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I posted and lost it...I hate that!
The roast did turn out. The new toaster oven is a gem. I made dressing too and apple crisp.
We did get some snow..Phil went to work eventhough the roads are bad..and Corky even having been inside since 9pm refuses to go outside. The cold air hits his face and he turns around. He must have a bladder the size of a foot ball!

LOL Melva, Mr. B hasn't even gotten to the point of checking out the weather. He is still in bed. Glad the roast was good, and the pie sounds really good, even though I have Montezuma's revenge, and tummy not really up to food.

Lyndonville, NY

Melva, glad you like the toaster oven and that the meal turned out well.

I should "knit" a furcoat for Mr. B from Izzy fur. She goes out, sits in the yard and just loves all that snow and cold. We don't have the weather yet, but it
is awful dark there.

Bonnie, my tummy has been feeling funky for three days. Told DH I feel like I have morning sickness and told him I was sure it was triplets!!!
Everything I eat just leaves me feeling very queasy.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Morning! Sounds like we all had a good Xmas! I got lots of rest and it was a nice easy day. Such a good visit with the kids. Doesn't always happen. DS had to work all night and he managed to visit until noon and then they went home. I managed to do nothing after that.

Melva toaster ovens are so good! What one did you get?

Deb those are some great gifts. I must of been bad as I didn't get anything. LOL I don't really care as what I would really want are big ticket items. Maybe since it was the siblings treating him this way he will learn a lesson?

Better go and feed you know who.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

We are waiting for rain

Sandy and Andre

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

I am hoping it stays cold and snow free!

Deb forgot nice cat tree!

Morning Sandy and Andree.

Lyndonville, NY

Vicki, it won't teach DS a lesson that way. I know that kid and it will be "they don't want me" and he will leave.
My girls can be VERY cruel in their little "click" and they have done it to me many times. Those two are just
cruel and hurtful at times with their actions and "laughing at inside jokes" they have told each other about stuff.

I had a talk with Shane Christmas Eve about going over. Told him "Each one of us have made mistakes, sisters
included, BUT you learn and tomorrow is a new day to try again. It's your choice to try again and over come this.
YES they might get all over your case about it, but it is because they love you...and care."

He had been home every night, coming in by 11:00. Last night, he didn't get home til 3:15...so I know.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

That's sad Deb!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Debbie that is sad about the girls excluding Shane..I have been excluded..I had 3 brothers who were their own group, they didn't need me...it was very painful.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Nice looking toaster oven. I like the timer. Mine only goes 15 minutes. Well I don;t burn much that way!

Lyndonville, NY

That is a nice oven Melva, priced right also!

I don't know if you remember or not, but last year, they did the same thing to "the child" and were horrible to her. Didn't like the guy she
was dating and how she was doing things. SO they did this exact same thing to her. Shannon even said that to Shane, but he is more
sensitive and Shannon knows how her sisters are.

On a GOOD note...fingers and toes crossed. DH had a "temporary job" open at work, it is just for college age students until mid January and he
got Shannon in to do it on her off days. This will help her immensely get caught up on bills. AND she can ride into work with Dad. She is excited she
has to get an "ID Pass and uniform". LOL

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Nice oven Melva. I picked up one similar [toaster over / convection, with bake and broil] a few yrs back on Free Cycle. I think it was used once. not even a crumb in it. Looked it up on line and new it was about $100. It's a Hamilton Beach. I love free stuff.

Debbie -- nice score for Shannon on the Temp job.

Still no snow... weird that parts of TX had more snow on Christmas than we did up here in Chicago.

Just pulled up a radar... looks like Southern IL and Indiana are getting lots of snow, maybe that is what will hit BonnieB.
Our forecast is 30% "chance" of snow showers. the 10 days forecast has only 2 days at 30%. Ugg, I bet we are gonna be so dry again this year.

Taking the tree down today .... started with the garland, and Charlie had to get in there to "kill the snake" .... so i just walked away.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Sandy, thanks for the new thread.

Debbie, that is a shame about DS but he should know his sisters as well as anyone. It is surprising that they can't talk some sense into him. I hope you feel better. I was watching Dr Oz with Dr Weil yesterday. Dr Weil makes peppermint water that is refreshing and soothes the stomach. You just put fresh peppermint in cold water and leave it until it tastes good.

I had a few plans but I think I am staying home. I am not too happy with this weather forecast - I am hoping they are lying. Snow, then ice with high winds = trees down and power outages. BOOO!!

Lyndonville, NY

Elsie, this weather is supposed to just sneak up and "drop" it all on us. They said two inches per hours...starting around 6:00 p.m. here (4:00 Buffalo).
IF you get any of this off to the side...stay put. UNLESS you need food for you and Chloe...go now.

The sisters laid into DS when this first happened, over several days, while I was in FL...and had no idea what was going on (except he was in trouble).
Apparently, the day I flew back was worse. BUT as said I only knew part of the story til DH and The Child filled me in on "the real story". Wish I hadn't known.
BUT those words said....and then yesterday, did more damage than good.

I don't have fresh peppermint. Wonder if I drop a candy cane in a bottle of water what that would do? I have some camamlle? tea....I think that is one for the tummy.

Verona, ON

Winter Storm Warning in effect here. The snow has already started to fall. Sure glad I don't have to go anywhere.

Debbie while I am sorry the girls were mean to Shane however he must remember he hasn't exactly been Prince Charming towards them, you and Paul for quite awhile. I hope they can iron out their differences but Shane falling back into his old ways once he hits a little bump in the road is not going to help. No wonder your stomach is queasy - I can just imagine the level of tension in your household yesterday. Love the pics of our Miss Izzy!

Wonder how Bonnie made out with her family Christmas yesterday. Hope things went well for them all.

My body took over yesterday and I basicallly slept the day away. I was able to sleep last night too so I am figuring my body is just trying to catch up on the hours of sleep it hasn't had these last few years. Did buy and cook a turkey breast even though I have 2 turkeys in the freezer. They are way too big for me to cook - no matter how many sandwiches, pies and chowder I make with the leftovers. House smelt of roasting turkey. Yum!!! The oven remembered how to work much to my relief. I kept thinking I might end up like Melva and have to run out and buy a toaster oven. Since I slept so much I didn't see as many DVDs as I thought I would. The one I am enjoying the most is the movie made to start the China Beach TV series. It is on VHS and hard to get a hold of but well worth it in my books.Do any of you remember the series? It was on in the early 90's and had Dana Delaney and Marg Helgenburg(SP?) in it. Set in Vietnam.

Hope everyone with quirky stomaches feel better quickly. Heavens there are too many Christmas treats out there waiting to be eaten. Steve and Pam plus Frank all brought me dark chocolate so I am good for a few days. Any particular brand you buy on Amazon Tam?

Terese how do you like that vacuum? Which type of Dyson did you get? I really need a new vacuum so am very interested in your thoughts.

Enjoy your day ladies. Eat those treats - they are all calorie free today, right???

Dianne

Lyndonville, NY

Dianne, China Beach was one of my all time favorite shows! Just loved it! Paul also.

You are very right how Shane has been. I agree 100%. I just wish they had handled it a bit better instead of ganging up and some of the words said
were uncalled for.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Dianne -- i LOVE the vac. it's a Dyson 'something' 41 Animal. When i looked on Dyson's site, it's $600, but DH found it locally on Ebay. paid A LOT less.
It's much more light weight than my last one [Wind Tunnel] - which i bought right after we moved in this house... 11 yrs ago. - the suction wasn't what it 'was'.
There is no 'adjustment' for types of flooring, i adjusts itself. though a button to push for hardwood/tile, the beater bar stops.

I'm enjoying it. Next is a new carpet steamer, as mine is falling apart. But I REALLY need to replace the carpeting, as it's getting nasty and doesn't even look clean once cleaned.
Will have to do it before we try to sell the house.

OH -- I loved China Beach. what a great show.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I liked China Beach too....
I was worried about Phil..the roads are awful and it is very cold. Tried to call him and his phone rang here, still on the charger! He just sent me an email asking if his phone was here...so he made it to work...am I relieved!

I think I am feeling a bit better. Ate some saltines and drank a Sprite. Gonna go lay on the couch and watch some tv. I have been futzing with the Kindle that DGD got me for Christma. It is set up and I have created an account, now I guess the next thing is to order some books!

Verona, ON

I bet you are relived Melva. When Warren had to travel a lot during the winter I swear my stomach was in my mouth almost 24/7 and my heart pounded at twice its regular rhythm. I would guess you are not prepared for keeping the roads clean as we do up here. When I flew back from SC my seatmate was a man who had relocated to Charleston from upstate NY. He told me the first time there was a light dusting of snow when he got to work he was the only one there. About 11 am he was the still the only there and the roads were almost bare as the temp had gone up. He called his secretary to find out where everyone was. She replies "It snowed. Noone goes out when it snows".Coming from a snowbelt area he was flabbergasted.

Yep Debbie we are in for a huge dumping of snow too. As long as it is snow and not ice I am fine with it.

Going to look that vacuum up Terese. Between the 2 dogs, 2 cats and the woodstove I need something that will do the job and not look like I just skimmed over the dust and dirt. Does it have an attachment so that you can do corners and crevices? How are you feeling these days Terese? Still tire easily?

VIcki you be careful driving to and from work. Would DH come and get you if the weather turns really bad? How many people do you expect in the store today? I strongly oppose stores opening on Boxing Day and Sundays too for that matter. My belief is you can get yourself organized enough so that you don't 'have' to just run to the store. When I was on the Craft show circuit SUndays were almost as busy as Fridays which was amazing. Once Sunday shopping opened up attendance and sales on Sundays plummeted so it was the worst day of the week to shop and sales were pitiful.

Well Sassy is here making eyes at my Genoa salami sandwich. She loves this salami!! Oooops she won out - now she is smacking her lips looking for more.Man she can put it away.

My cell phone that I bought in late May is acting up. First it wouldn't hold a charge now it says the Sim card is removed. What??????? I have always felt there was something wrong with the phone. I can't send photos with it even though I should be able to. Since I haven't been driving into Kingston I haven't had a chance to get back to the store where I bought it. Hopefully next week Steve can take me
into Kingston and I will have it looked at. Even though I was hesitant to get a cell now that I don't have it I miss it.

Adina it sounded like you all had a great time. Bet Nickolas had a blast.

The VHS of China Beach was expensive - something like $145.00 but I had a $100.00 credit with Amazon and used that to purchase the tape. It also didn't come directly from Amazon but one of their independent sellers. As much as I enjoyed China Beach I am not so sure I would have paid full price for the VHS. I've yet to find DVDs of each season for the series. Wish you were all closer so you could have borrowed it to watch.
Dianne

Verona, ON

Enjoy it Bonnie. I think I am the last person in North America who doesn't have one. I still like the feel of the book in my hands, the turning of pages and so on ........ Glad to see you are feeling a bit better.

Miss Quill sends smoochies to her Mr B.

Dianne, I just managed to get the Kindle set up and create an account. The font is way too small, and will try to figure out how to enlarge it. I hadn't bought one, because I am another who enjoys the feel of a book in my hand. The younger generation seems to think that ereading is the norm now, and books are so old fashioned. Wish she had saved her money and got me something else. I really don't know how much I will use this. I will make sure I have something downloaded and look busy when she is here though. Don't want to hurt her feelings!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I don't have a Kindle either..I like to be able to physically hold the book. I have been known to read while in the bath tub.
Corky still won't go outside. How on earth can it hold it so long? He has been inside more than 12 hours now. I don't blame him.
Phil said the worst of the drive was getting out of our neighborhood...Not much traffic that I can see on the streets around the house.
I am going to make a pot of vegetable soup and have that ready when Phil comes in the door.
I am not even going to go out to get the mail.

Lyndonville, NY

BonnieB, I have a Nook, not a Kindle, but on mine you go into settings or preferences to change the font. AND...I can't find half my books in large print, so the Nook helps me to read. I have to wear my contacts and reading glasses to see a book and still strain. With the Nook, just my contacts. I do like the "green" fact that no trees were cut down...but I really do miss the feel and smell of a new book!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I have a 1st edition Kindle. got it free for sitting thru a Time Share presentation. Do not use it, anyone want it?? think they were originally 100 bucks.
I honeslty don't read... I read on news on the internet, but not books. I went thru a phase where I read A LOT, but havent in years. I'd rather play Solitaire or Sudoku.

Dianne - the Vac does have attachment; 1 for stairs or furniture [havent use it yet] and two others. I've used one the Combination crevice/brush tool
I have found the vacuum gets all the way against the wall, to get the crumbs/dust that is usually stuck there.

here is a direct link to the "specifications"
http://www.dyson.com/vacuums/uprights/dc41/dc41-animal/specifications.aspx

I also just used the 'wand' with no attachment to quickly clean the stairs of dog hair... took less than 5 min to do the entire stairs and landing.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Terese, your new vacuum sounds great.

BonnieB, I didn't read that you weren't feeling well. Hope you feel better.

Debbie, good news about DD and the temp job.

Just as I decided to go out and turn my car around and put the recyclables out - the snow started. Not much but it is now white outside on the ground. and it is super cold and fairly windy. The NJ news is saying that the northern most county - mine - will be getting snow while the rest of the state will get rain.

Lyndonville, NY

The Child just left for work...at Target. 45 minute drive in good weather and she can't call in, that whole "day after a holiday" and short staffed because
of that. She is supposed to work til 10:15 but the snow has started up there already.

Elsie, smart move turning the car around and such, we do that here also. Stay warm and safe inside.

I have trays of Christmas cookies still...come get some, I will put the tea on!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh -- I forgot to comment on how i've been feeling....

I'd say back to normal -- surgery was 3 weeks ago yesterday. the first 3-4 days were roughest, tired - but not necessarily napping the first week.... probably been about 95-100% after 10-11 days.
From what I've read, most do this as 'out patient' surgery. There was just no way I wanted to go home that first night....

But feel fine. Thank you for asking.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi guys! So nice to hear you all had a wonderful Christmas with your families! We also had a wonderful time but today I had to go to work and drove the kids back home. It's so quiet now, but we sure needed some rest!

Debbie, I like what you told Shane, very wise! Ionut is so much like him,, very sensitive. The hard time treatment didn't work for him either. I hope things will calm down for you soon.

Dianne, you asked if someone took pictures of the kids opening presents...here you are!LOL
More pics and videos here :

https://picasaweb.google.com/104386080983966169167/20121225?authkey=Gv1sRgCPzR1d7hkOSLngE

Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti
Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Terese, glad you are feeling well.

Debbie, can DD stay somewhere after work if the driving is bad?

The plows have started. I have much different names for the storms than the weather channel. you get one try. hehe the wind has picked up and it almost feels like there is a window open.

I think the poor people in Staten Island and the Jersey coast are in for more bad weather. They said with the approaching full moon the tide will be higher.

Lyndonville, NY

It is about a 25 minute drive to Jeanna's depending on the weather. I told her if she could get to Jeanna's and park..DH or I would come get her if for some reason she couldn't stay the night there.

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

I have not read anything here since I left but thought Ief you know I am safe and soy sat my dads now. Was a hairy drive from Pitts to State Collage. Hoping to get home tomorrow

Tam

Verona, ON

Drive safe Tam. Would you consider staying an extra day if this weather is as bad as we are being warned it will be? How was the capon? Everything you wanted it to be?

Lyndonville, NY

Tam, so happy to hear from you and that all is well.

Dianne is right. Right now they are saying we are getting 2 inches an hour in Buffalo and it is heading here. Supposed to keep up next 12 hours minimum.
Drive safely!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Corky is still inside..I am afraid to pick him up....he has to be full.
A little snow is pretty, what you people are facing, is a whole different matter! Everyone drive safe.

Lyndonville, NY

Doesn't he have a litter box in the house? You might want to just set him out in the snow quick if not...you don't need him getting infection.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.