AuthorContent

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 26, 2012
5:41 AM

Post #9367260

Welcome please come join us. Just jump right on it and tell us about you and your pets and what is going on in your life.
Here we laugh and cry together-sharing hugs and joy

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1291431/

Thumbnail by wren107
Click the image for an enlarged view.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 26, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #9367263

Good morning,

Coffee is brewing, very tired...but survived the day.
Now to clean up the mess! lol

I hope you all have a relaxing day today, I am getting ready for the storm coming this afternoon!

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9367265

Good morning, Debbie, our storm is already here. No snow yet, but sleet that is almost 1" thick. Supposed to get some snow later on I am inside where I will stay all day. Don't need any broken bones. Mr. B is still in bed, so will see how long he sleeps today.

Sandy, thanks for the new thread.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2012
6:39 AM

Post #9367306

I posted and lost it...I hate that!
The roast did turn out. The new toaster oven is a gem. I made dressing too and apple crisp.
We did get some snow..Phil went to work eventhough the roads are bad..and Corky even having been inside since 9pm refuses to go outside. The cold air hits his face and he turns around. He must have a bladder the size of a foot ball!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9367309

LOL Melva, Mr. B hasn't even gotten to the point of checking out the weather. He is still in bed. Glad the roast was good, and the pie sounds really good, even though I have Montezuma's revenge, and tummy not really up to food.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 26, 2012
6:47 AM

Post #9367318

Melva, glad you like the toaster oven and that the meal turned out well.

I should "knit" a furcoat for Mr. B from Izzy fur. She goes out, sits in the yard and just loves all that snow and cold. We don't have the weather yet, but it
is awful dark there.

Bonnie, my tummy has been feeling funky for three days. Told DH I feel like I have morning sickness and told him I was sure it was triplets!!!
Everything I eat just leaves me feeling very queasy.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 26, 2012

Post #9367319

Morning! Sounds like we all had a good Xmas! I got lots of rest and it was a nice easy day. Such a good visit with the kids. Doesn't always happen. DS had to work all night and he managed to visit until noon and then they went home. I managed to do nothing after that.

Melva toaster ovens are so good! What one did you get?

Deb those are some great gifts. I must of been bad as I didn't get anything. LOL I don't really care as what I would really want are big ticket items. Maybe since it was the siblings treating him this way he will learn a lesson?

Better go and feed you know who.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 26, 2012

Post #9367320

We are waiting for rain

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 26, 2012
6:49 AM

Post #9367324

I am hoping it stays cold and snow free!

Deb forgot nice cat tree!

Morning Sandy and Andree.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 26, 2012
6:57 AM

Post #9367328

Vicki, it won't teach DS a lesson that way. I know that kid and it will be "they don't want me" and he will leave.
My girls can be VERY cruel in their little "click" and they have done it to me many times. Those two are just
cruel and hurtful at times with their actions and "laughing at inside jokes" they have told each other about stuff.

I had a talk with Shane Christmas Eve about going over. Told him "Each one of us have made mistakes, sisters
included, BUT you learn and tomorrow is a new day to try again. It's your choice to try again and over come this.
YES they might get all over your case about it, but it is because they love you...and care."

He had been home every night, coming in by 11:00. Last night, he didn't get home til 3:15...so I know.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 26, 2012
6:59 AM

Post #9367330

That's sad Deb!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9367331

http://weather.wfaa.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?brand=wfaa&target=wfaa&query=76201&Submit=Submit

This is the toaster oven we got.
http://jakemart.myshopify.com/products/012112-292s
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2012
7:03 AM

Post #9367335

Debbie that is sad about the girls excluding Shane..I have been excluded..I had 3 brothers who were their own group, they didn't need me...it was very painful.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 26, 2012
7:04 AM

Post #9367337

Nice looking toaster oven. I like the timer. Mine only goes 15 minutes. Well I don;t burn much that way!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 26, 2012
7:08 AM

Post #9367341

That is a nice oven Melva, priced right also!

I don't know if you remember or not, but last year, they did the same thing to "the child" and were horrible to her. Didn't like the guy she
was dating and how she was doing things. SO they did this exact same thing to her. Shannon even said that to Shane, but he is more
sensitive and Shannon knows how her sisters are.

On a GOOD note...fingers and toes crossed. DH had a "temporary job" open at work, it is just for college age students until mid January and he
got Shannon in to do it on her off days. This will help her immensely get caught up on bills. AND she can ride into work with Dad. She is excited she
has to get an "ID Pass and uniform". LOL

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 26, 2012
7:27 AM

Post #9367363

Nice oven Melva. I picked up one similar [toaster over / convection, with bake and broil] a few yrs back on Free Cycle. I think it was used once. not even a crumb in it. Looked it up on line and new it was about $100. It's a Hamilton Beach. I love free stuff.

Debbie -- nice score for Shannon on the Temp job.

Still no snow... weird that parts of TX had more snow on Christmas than we did up here in Chicago.

Just pulled up a radar... looks like Southern IL and Indiana are getting lots of snow, maybe that is what will hit BonnieB.
Our forecast is 30% "chance" of snow showers. the 10 days forecast has only 2 days at 30%. Ugg, I bet we are gonna be so dry again this year.

Taking the tree down today ... started with the garland, and Charlie had to get in there to "kill the snake" ... so i just walked away.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2012
8:11 AM

Post #9367400

Sandy, thanks for the new thread.

Debbie, that is a shame about DS but he should know his sisters as well as anyone. It is surprising that they can't talk some sense into him. I hope you feel better. I was watching Dr Oz with Dr Weil yesterday. Dr Weil makes peppermint water that is refreshing and soothes the stomach. You just put fresh peppermint in cold water and leave it until it tastes good.

I had a few plans but I think I am staying home. I am not too happy with this weather forecast - I am hoping they are lying. Snow, then ice with high winds = trees down and power outages. BOOO!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 26, 2012
8:27 AM

Post #9367426

Elsie, this weather is supposed to just sneak up and "drop" it all on us. They said two inches per hours...starting around 6:00 p.m. here (4:00 Buffalo).
IF you get any of this off to the side...stay put. UNLESS you need food for you and Chloe...go now.

The sisters laid into DS when this first happened, over several days, while I was in FL...and had no idea what was going on (except he was in trouble).
Apparently, the day I flew back was worse. BUT as said I only knew part of the story til DH and The Child filled me in on "the real story". Wish I hadn't known.
BUT those words said...and then yesterday, did more damage than good.

I don't have fresh peppermint. Wonder if I drop a candy cane in a bottle of water what that would do? I have some camamlle? tea...I think that is one for the tummy.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 26, 2012
8:43 AM

Post #9367442

Winter Storm Warning in effect here. The snow has already started to fall. Sure glad I don't have to go anywhere.

Debbie while I am sorry the girls were mean to Shane however he must remember he hasn't exactly been Prince Charming towards them, you and Paul for quite awhile. I hope they can iron out their differences but Shane falling back into his old ways once he hits a little bump in the road is not going to help. No wonder your stomach is queasy - I can just imagine the level of tension in your household yesterday. Love the pics of our Miss Izzy!

Wonder how Bonnie made out with her family Christmas yesterday. Hope things went well for them all.

My body took over yesterday and I basicallly slept the day away. I was able to sleep last night too so I am figuring my body is just trying to catch up on the hours of sleep it hasn't had these last few years. Did buy and cook a turkey breast even though I have 2 turkeys in the freezer. They are way too big for me to cook - no matter how many sandwiches, pies and chowder I make with the leftovers. House smelt of roasting turkey. Yum!!! The oven remembered how to work much to my relief. I kept thinking I might end up like Melva and have to run out and buy a toaster oven. Since I slept so much I didn't see as many DVDs as I thought I would. The one I am enjoying the most is the movie made to start the China Beach TV series. It is on VHS and hard to get a hold of but well worth it in my books.Do any of you remember the series? It was on in the early 90's and had Dana Delaney and Marg Helgenburg(SP?) in it. Set in Vietnam.

Hope everyone with quirky stomaches feel better quickly. Heavens there are too many Christmas treats out there waiting to be eaten. Steve and Pam plus Frank all brought me dark chocolate so I am good for a few days. Any particular brand you buy on Amazon Tam?

Terese how do you like that vacuum? Which type of Dyson did you get? I really need a new vacuum so am very interested in your thoughts.

Enjoy your day ladies. Eat those treats - they are all calorie free today, right???

Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 26, 2012
9:06 AM

Post #9367477

Dianne, China Beach was one of my all time favorite shows! Just loved it! Paul also.

You are very right how Shane has been. I agree 100%. I just wish they had handled it a bit better instead of ganging up and some of the words said
were uncalled for.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 26, 2012
9:07 AM

Post #9367478

Dianne -- i LOVE the vac. it's a Dyson 'something' 41 Animal. When i looked on Dyson's site, it's $600, but DH found it locally on Ebay. paid A LOT less.
It's much more light weight than my last one [Wind Tunnel] - which i bought right after we moved in this house... 11 yrs ago. - the suction wasn't what it 'was'.
There is no 'adjustment' for types of flooring, i adjusts itself. though a button to push for hardwood/tile, the beater bar stops.

I'm enjoying it. Next is a new carpet steamer, as mine is falling apart. But I REALLY need to replace the carpeting, as it's getting nasty and doesn't even look clean once cleaned.
Will have to do it before we try to sell the house.

OH -- I loved China Beach. what a great show.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2012
9:35 AM

Post #9367503

I liked China Beach too...
I was worried about Phil..the roads are awful and it is very cold. Tried to call him and his phone rang here, still on the charger! He just sent me an email asking if his phone was here...so he made it to work...am I relieved!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2012
10:01 AM

Post #9367523

I think I am feeling a bit better. Ate some saltines and drank a Sprite. Gonna go lay on the couch and watch some tv. I have been futzing with the Kindle that DGD got me for Christma. It is set up and I have created an account, now I guess the next thing is to order some books!
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 26, 2012
10:01 AM

Post #9367524

I bet you are relived Melva. When Warren had to travel a lot during the winter I swear my stomach was in my mouth almost 24/7 and my heart pounded at twice its regular rhythm. I would guess you are not prepared for keeping the roads clean as we do up here. When I flew back from SC my seatmate was a man who had relocated to Charleston from upstate NY. He told me the first time there was a light dusting of snow when he got to work he was the only one there. About 11 am he was the still the only there and the roads were almost bare as the temp had gone up. He called his secretary to find out where everyone was. She replies "It snowed. Noone goes out when it snows".Coming from a snowbelt area he was flabbergasted.

Yep Debbie we are in for a huge dumping of snow too. As long as it is snow and not ice I am fine with it.

Going to look that vacuum up Terese. Between the 2 dogs, 2 cats and the woodstove I need something that will do the job and not look like I just skimmed over the dust and dirt. Does it have an attachment so that you can do corners and crevices? How are you feeling these days Terese? Still tire easily?

VIcki you be careful driving to and from work. Would DH come and get you if the weather turns really bad? How many people do you expect in the store today? I strongly oppose stores opening on Boxing Day and Sundays too for that matter. My belief is you can get yourself organized enough so that you don't 'have' to just run to the store. When I was on the Craft show circuit SUndays were almost as busy as Fridays which was amazing. Once Sunday shopping opened up attendance and sales on Sundays plummeted so it was the worst day of the week to shop and sales were pitiful.

Well Sassy is here making eyes at my Genoa salami sandwich. She loves this salami!! Oooops she won out - now she is smacking her lips looking for more.Man she can put it away.

My cell phone that I bought in late May is acting up. First it wouldn't hold a charge now it says the Sim card is removed. What??????? I have always felt there was something wrong with the phone. I can't send photos with it even though I should be able to. Since I haven't been driving into Kingston I haven't had a chance to get back to the store where I bought it. Hopefully next week Steve can take me
into Kingston and I will have it looked at. Even though I was hesitant to get a cell now that I don't have it I miss it.

Adina it sounded like you all had a great time. Bet Nickolas had a blast.

The VHS of China Beach was expensive - something like $145.00 but I had a $100.00 credit with Amazon and used that to purchase the tape. It also didn't come directly from Amazon but one of their independent sellers. As much as I enjoyed China Beach I am not so sure I would have paid full price for the VHS. I've yet to find DVDs of each season for the series. Wish you were all closer so you could have borrowed it to watch.
Dianne
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 26, 2012
10:03 AM

Post #9367525

Enjoy it Bonnie. I think I am the last person in North America who doesn't have one. I still like the feel of the book in my hands, the turning of pages and so on ... Glad to see you are feeling a bit better.

Miss Quill sends smoochies to her Mr B.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2012
10:12 AM

Post #9367534

Dianne, I just managed to get the Kindle set up and create an account. The font is way too small, and will try to figure out how to enlarge it. I hadn't bought one, because I am another who enjoys the feel of a book in my hand. The younger generation seems to think that ereading is the norm now, and books are so old fashioned. Wish she had saved her money and got me something else. I really don't know how much I will use this. I will make sure I have something downloaded and look busy when she is here though. Don't want to hurt her feelings!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2012
10:24 AM

Post #9367544

I don't have a Kindle either..I like to be able to physically hold the book. I have been known to read while in the bath tub.
Corky still won't go outside. How on earth can it hold it so long? He has been inside more than 12 hours now. I don't blame him.
Phil said the worst of the drive was getting out of our neighborhood...Not much traffic that I can see on the streets around the house.
I am going to make a pot of vegetable soup and have that ready when Phil comes in the door.
I am not even going to go out to get the mail.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 26, 2012
10:37 AM

Post #9367550

BonnieB, I have a Nook, not a Kindle, but on mine you go into settings or preferences to change the font. AND...I can't find half my books in large print, so the Nook helps me to read. I have to wear my contacts and reading glasses to see a book and still strain. With the Nook, just my contacts. I do like the "green" fact that no trees were cut down...but I really do miss the feel and smell of a new book!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 26, 2012
11:40 AM

Post #9367601

I have a 1st edition Kindle. got it free for sitting thru a Time Share presentation. Do not use it, anyone want it?? think they were originally 100 bucks.
I honeslty don't read... I read on news on the internet, but not books. I went thru a phase where I read A LOT, but havent in years. I'd rather play Solitaire or Sudoku.

Dianne - the Vac does have attachment; 1 for stairs or furniture [havent use it yet] and two others. I've used one the Combination crevice/brush tool
I have found the vacuum gets all the way against the wall, to get the crumbs/dust that is usually stuck there.

here is a direct link to the "specifications"
http://www.dyson.com/vacuums/uprights/dc41/dc41-animal/specifications.aspx

I also just used the 'wand' with no attachment to quickly clean the stairs of dog hair... took less than 5 min to do the entire stairs and landing.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2012
12:14 PM

Post #9367628

Terese, your new vacuum sounds great.

BonnieB, I didn't read that you weren't feeling well. Hope you feel better.

Debbie, good news about DD and the temp job.

Just as I decided to go out and turn my car around and put the recyclables out - the snow started. Not much but it is now white outside on the ground. and it is super cold and fairly windy. The NJ news is saying that the northern most county - mine - will be getting snow while the rest of the state will get rain.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 26, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9367653

The Child just left for work...at Target. 45 minute drive in good weather and she can't call in, that whole "day after a holiday" and short staffed because
of that. She is supposed to work til 10:15 but the snow has started up there already.

Elsie, smart move turning the car around and such, we do that here also. Stay warm and safe inside.

I have trays of Christmas cookies still...come get some, I will put the tea on!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 26, 2012
12:59 PM

Post #9367669

Oh -- I forgot to comment on how i've been feeling...

I'd say back to normal -- surgery was 3 weeks ago yesterday. the first 3-4 days were roughest, tired - but not necessarily napping the first week... probably been about 95-100% after 10-11 days.
From what I've read, most do this as 'out patient' surgery. There was just no way I wanted to go home that first night...

But feel fine. Thank you for asking.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 26, 2012
1:09 PM

Post #9367679

Hi guys! So nice to hear you all had a wonderful Christmas with your families! We also had a wonderful time but today I had to go to work and drove the kids back home. It's so quiet now, but we sure needed some rest!

Debbie, I like what you told Shane, very wise! Ionut is so much like him,, very sensitive. The hard time treatment didn't work for him either. I hope things will calm down for you soon.

Dianne, you asked if someone took pictures of the kids opening presents...here you are!LOL
More pics and videos here :

[HYPERLINK@picasaweb.google.com]

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti
Click an image for an enlarged view.

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2012
1:11 PM

Post #9367682

Terese, glad you are feeling well.

Debbie, can DD stay somewhere after work if the driving is bad?

The plows have started. I have much different names for the storms than the weather channel. you get one try. hehe the wind has picked up and it almost feels like there is a window open.

I think the poor people in Staten Island and the Jersey coast are in for more bad weather. They said with the approaching full moon the tide will be higher.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 26, 2012
1:14 PM

Post #9367689

It is about a 25 minute drive to Jeanna's depending on the weather. I told her if she could get to Jeanna's and park..DH or I would come get her if for some reason she couldn't stay the night there.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 26, 2012
2:24 PM

Post #9367757

I have not read anything here since I left but thought Ief you know I am safe and soy sat my dads now. Was a hairy drive from Pitts to State Collage. Hoping to get home tomorrow

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 26, 2012
2:51 PM

Post #9367781

Drive safe Tam. Would you consider staying an extra day if this weather is as bad as we are being warned it will be? How was the capon? Everything you wanted it to be?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 26, 2012
3:08 PM

Post #9367789

Tam, so happy to hear from you and that all is well.

Dianne is right. Right now they are saying we are getting 2 inches an hour in Buffalo and it is heading here. Supposed to keep up next 12 hours minimum.
Drive safely!

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2012
3:29 PM

Post #9367811

Corky is still inside..I am afraid to pick him up...he has to be full.
A little snow is pretty, what you people are facing, is a whole different matter! Everyone drive safe.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 26, 2012
3:37 PM

Post #9367827

Doesn't he have a litter box in the house? You might want to just set him out in the snow quick if not...you don't need him getting infection.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2012
3:40 PM

Post #9367830

No litter box. I have tried to catch him but when I make a move he runs...

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 26, 2012
4:01 PM

Post #9367845

Tam -- glad to hear you got safely to your dad's... it looks like a big storm -- I'd certainly play the weather - and if it still looks iffy... i'd sit tight too.

we were just windy and COLD, not much else.

Melva --- Poor Corky

Has Phil gotten home yet? I remember those days of worry, especially "life before cell phones"

I remember one yr, DH was called to work -- the airport was 45 minutes no traffic ... don't recall how long it took him to get there, but he had a 4 wheeled drive jeep [the small one that is a box with wheels]
He said he flew thru the snow drifts as other cars were spin out... when he got to work, they said, Go home, the airport is closed now.

Debbie -- has the storm hit you yet?? Hope all DS is home and accounted for.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 26, 2012
4:07 PM

Post #9367852

Terese, it just started here about an hour ago. The blowing wind is horrible. Shane is out with his girlfriend towards Rochester and Shannon is at work. She just texted me that she went outside on break...and her car is totally covered in under two hours she got there. Said she might ask to leave early since she has such a long drive.

DH who NEVER takes off work, said he might call in for tomorrow.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9367861

Phil thinks he let Corky out later than 9pm so it hasn't been as long as I thought...and he just went out, yea!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 26, 2012
5:05 PM

Post #9367888

good to hear...
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9367915

Tammy, I hope you are drinking some wine and getting warm.

I remember years ago when I lived in NH there was an awful storm. You weren't supposed to drive in Boston. I made my way to work and I couldn't get into the building. I tried to climb the steps up but the snow had drifted and it was up to my chest. I ended up going home. It was snowing so hard I couldn't see where the snowdrifts were at the side of the road. These days I would stay home for sure.

There is very little traffic out there so I assume the roads are awful. I just stuck my head out the door - it sounds like frozen rain.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2012
7:01 PM

Post #9367974

Well, I guess we got just the edge of the storm. We had sleet and freezing rain this morning. The temps warmed a bit about noon, and it turned to just rain. Then about 4 p.m. the rain turned to snow, but it was the little pelleted kind, so we have about an inch on the ground, but is still snowing.

Sorry to hear that you northeast of me are getting slammed. Hope that everybody stays safe and is not stranded out on the highway.

Melva, so glad that Corky finally went outside. Guess it is a good thing that the estimate on the time he has been inside was a bit off. I was sort of aching for him! Mr. B got up about 1:30, but didn't go outside until about 3:00. His bladder must be monster size. He doesn't drink much water, so guess he goes when he feels he needs to.

Terese, so glad that you are feeling back to normal. Is your energy picking up any? I hope that the surgery takes care of all those kinds of problems you were having. Awful to feel tired all the time.

Tammy, so glad to hear that you are still at your DD's. I was beginning to worry about you maybe being out on the roads. Stay an extra day, or until you can drive safely on cleaned roads. Hope you have had a good christmas with both the DD and your DM.

Well, I think I am over the stomach bug. I ate bland mashed potatoes for supper, and since then, had a blueberry muffin that DS had made. It stayed down, and I haven't had to run to the bathroom since about noon. Took about an hour's nap this afternoon. DH has a dentist appointment tomorrow morning, and I need a few things from the grocery, so will ride with him and get groceries while he is in the dentist office. Our roads probably won't be bad, but since he is going to that city anyway, I will go and we can just make one trip.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 26, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9367984

Glad everyone is feeling better

And please stay safe everyone

BonnieB if you have problems with your kindle Dmail me.There is a place on it where you can change the size of the letters You might be able to "check" out books from your library on to the kindle-some libraries are on line. Also if you have Prime on Amazon there are some books you can check out for free. Also there are a lot of older books that are either free or very cheap.
My DM loves her kindle. I have problem keeping enough books on it.

I have spent alot of today deleting pictures from my laptop, I had close to 8000 pictures. Maybe my laptop will work faster after this. LOL

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9367996

Thanks for that offer Sandy. In some of the introductory material they told me about a Prime account, and to check my library to see if they have an on line lending program. Will do so, but will wait until the snow is gone before I head out. I learn best by trial and error, or learning on my own. But if I get stuck, you will be the first I turn to for help!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 26, 2012
7:47 PM

Post #9368008

Another post before I go to bed. It took 6hrs to go 150mi today. We were stopped on the highway for an hour at one point. So a bit scarey. Tomorrow I am meeting some old friends for lunch then heading home. By then the roads should be clear. Once I get over the mountains just east of town it looks to be rai and wind without ice or sleet

I just scanned a few posts and gather Terese and BonnieB were under the weather
I have to go ba k and read up on the happenings here when I get home.

Loretta sounds like you are getting wiser. What a nightmare that must have been to find braving the weather only to find you couldnt get into work

Take care
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 26, 2012
8:06 PM

Post #9368024

I like Lemoncello, I am drinking some right now, mixed in sweeten condensed milk. The first time I had it this way was at a little Italian restaurant. Wonderful couple but I can only understand one work in 6 when he is talking to us. LOL

I am going to call it a night.

Good night everyone, be safe and stay warm

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 26, 2012
8:28 PM

Post #9368036

Shannon is safe at Jeanna's. Took her an hour to go a normal "20 minute" drive. We have about 6 inches snow so far, and wind has shifted to come off
Lake Ontario. DH called into work for tomorrow...that he probably wont' be in unless a miraculous clearing over night.

They estimate 2 inches an hour coming down.

Everyone stay safe...sweet dreams

Debbie
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 27, 2012
4:02 AM

Post #9368178

Morning! Its a winter wonderland out there. No one is moving anywhere. The plows on the township and provincial roads just cannot keep up. I expect to lose power at some point today so will post now. We are all fine here, don't need anything, have lots of wood near the house and thanks to some generous people I have dark chocolate. What more could I ask for. I charged up the portable DVD player so it is all ready to roll if I need it.

Stay safe everyone, if your roads are anything like they are here please don't go out unless you absolutely have to. Glad SHannon is safe at Jenna's.

Tam drive safely!
Dianne

This message was edited Dec 27, 2012 11:24 AM
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
4:59 AM

Post #9368199

Well, we have only about an inch of snow. All the hype over this piddly amount. I think our WL's are just apprentices and are studying for jobs in the real "winter states". Well, I am glad the snow isn't what they predicted.

DH has a dentist appointment and I had said that I would go along and grocery shop. We will see how I feel when it gets closer to time to go. Already had 2 runs to the bathroom.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 27, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #9368229

BonnieB, I think ours was much less than predicted also. We got snow, about 8 inches...but they were saying 12 to 24. I am fine with not getting that much!

DH took the day off thinking it was going to be much worse, but already has everything dug out and plowed. I wouldn't doubt if he didn't go into work.
BUT not so sure. He seems cozy in his chair with coffee.

DH was out plowing and "hit something". Stopped and pulled out DS's slipper. We looked at each other like "where is the rest of him!?" I guess he lost it running up the driveway and couldn't find it...and was too cold to look!

Have a good day
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
6:21 AM

Post #9368240

Well, DH just left to go to the dentist, and I am at home. Didn't trust my "condition" to get in the middle of a big store and have a pain hit. Don't seem to be much better today. Am okay as long as I don't eat or drink, but we know that needs to happen, at least a bit.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 27, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9368243

BonnieB, I have been queasy for several days. Thought for sure it was nerves but since Christmas and drama passed, it is still hanging around. Haven't had the "revenge" yet thankfully. Can DH pick you up some coke syrup at the pharmacy? They have it in ones around here...just have to ask the pharmacist for it.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2012
6:33 AM

Post #9368246

Debbie -- glad to hear you didnt get socked in... but 8" is still a lot. we still have nothing. [I see a trend here]

BonnieB -- do you think it's a virus'y kind of bug? just not pleasant.

Tam -- safe travels today, and no, i haven't been ill, it just came up as to how I've been feeling since surgery... fit as a fiddle.

Well,. 2 weeks til we leave on our FLA adventure... I guess very soon I have to start going thru my summer clothes and find what still fits, and get packing.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
6:59 AM

Post #9368265

BonnieB, I hope you start to feel better.

Debbie, I don't blame DH for staying home and being comfy. So glad that DD made it to her sisters house. I'm glad I didn't have to go anywhere last night.

It's still snowing lightly here. It doesn't look like that much snow but I'm sure it is compacted from the rain. When I tried to get some sleep last night the wind and freezing rain increased - it was very loud. I'm not looking forward to shoveling.

I watched the Kennedy Center Awards last night. Such a nice tribute to a group of artists. Of course David Letterman was one of the winners - the tribute to him was just so funny. The music was outstanding.

I don't know what I'm doing today.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 27, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9368267

A Late good morning everyone

The rate I am going with this calendar project it might be ready in 2015. Went to make some miner adjustments and could not find it any where. So started over and the laptop froze. I am going to let both of us calm down before I toss this thing across the room.

Sandy and Andre
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 27, 2012
7:12 AM

Post #9368278

Still snowing here. We have the 8 in plus. Quill and Diesel are delighted!

Two weeks will fly by Terese. I can just imagone how excited you are. How long are you going for? I know you have probably told us but my brain is like a sieve these days.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 27, 2012
7:15 AM

Post #9368280

Dianne, did you get any sleep last night?

I just took pics of Izzy out in the snow...she is like a pup again! Out now helping DH fix the "stalled" snow blower. He will go around the neighborhood
and dig out fire hydrants and elderly folks driveways. He loves this weather. Sick man

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 27, 2012
7:20 AM

Post #9368284

Morning! No snow here. Just cold! Was 1 degrees when I got home last night at 9:30! Was so much better than 10:30!

Adina great pictures of Nicolas. Boys and there toys. Remember when that was all we had to get DS to make him happy. Quiet is nice!

Work was busy. We sold so much of the Xmas stuff on my 2 days off the store looked like we were going out of business.

Be careful out there in that snow.

Better go and get started on my organizing and sorting. Things have to go!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2012
7:22 AM

Post #9368286

Dianne -- I'm thinking it's gonna be 8 weeks, plus 4 days in transit.
1 week in New Smyrna Beach
1 week in Winter Garden [near Orlando]
1 week Eastern Caribbean Cruise
1 week Daytona
4 weeks in Bartow, FL sharing a place with friends -- in this time, we will shoot back to Key Largo to visit my Aunt and Uncle -- we did that last year too.
If I can not handle living with Lyn for 4 weeks, we may come home early.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 27, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #9368323

Some morning shots...

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
8:38 AM

Post #9368337

Terese, that sounds delightful!!

Sandy, I hope you both get some rest before you go back to the computer. I bet it's tired.

Vicki, I bet the store looks empty.

Debbie, great pictures. I love the snow face. Your DH is an angel to help others out.

When I lived in NH - in one town - the town plows would clean out the driveways of older folks who didn't have someone to help them. I always thought that was nice. I don't know if they still do that.

I am going to have some soup and then head out to do a little shoveling. We have more storms coming on Saturday - BOO!! I'm going to out to lunch with a friend tomorrow and maybe while out I will stop at the grocery.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 27, 2012
8:40 AM

Post #9368338

That last pic is pure joy!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 27, 2012
8:42 AM

Post #9368340

She had to just get locked in the kitchen as she was snow plowing out there and is totally covered!!!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2012
10:27 AM

Post #9368415

love that final image of Izzy... love that crazy look they get in their eyes... Bud gets like that too. especially with his Jolly Ball.

Think I'm venturing out to get some salads...
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
10:52 AM

Post #9368435

Debbie, I hope DH got his hat - it's wicked cold out there. The wind went right through my coat.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 27, 2012
11:15 AM

Post #9368449

Still snowing -think we are in for a good old fashioned snowstorm like we had as kids.We has 12 in of snow at 8am and the snow hasn't stopped. Plow guy called - his plow is broke. He is not one for maintenance when the weather is balmy so I am not surprised His brother is the same way with his heavy machinery.Doesn't matter to me whether the lane is plowed although I am sure there are others who need out.

Like Terese I love that last ppic of our Miss Izzy. Those eyes say it all!

Think I might try for a nap. Have to speak to Mr Diesel about that though. Missy Quill is already curled up on her rug in front of the woodstove.

Everybody having leftovers today?
Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 27, 2012
1:09 PM

Post #9368537

I am not going to do it!!! I will not re-due the calendars!!!! I have over half printed---and there is a spelling error on on of the pages!!!! Everyone will just have to except the fact that I can not spell or type!!!!

And I do not want visitors tomorrow!!! Sister is coming over-I will not be in any shape to put up with her!!!
At least the living room is half way cleaned up.

Poor Andre --if he know what is coming tomorrow he might get back in his box and have me shipped him to some where else. 3 Staff's will be here tomorrow. Old Denny is fine but the other 2 are females. Darn that reminds me I have to go out and clean up all his droppings. The girls like to eat crap.

Please can I come stay with some one.

Sandy and Andre
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 27, 2012
1:19 PM

Post #9368541

You are more than welcome here Sandy. Andre and Diesel can see how much damage they can do to the snow drifts in the yard. Still snowing!!!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 27, 2012
2:06 PM

Post #9368564

Dianne wish I could, I think my boy would have a blast.

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 27, 2012
2:10 PM

Post #9368567

OH Yes, I napped...1 1/2 hours. And turkey casserole is in the making.

DH was fully bundled up so no worries there. He has a car-hart jacket which is very warm, and overhauls if needed.

My tummy is still burning big time...and someone left the house with my new bottle of ginger ale. NOT happy with these kids.

Enjoy your evening, Sandy, good luck tomorrow...you can ship Andre' here...and yourself!!

Debbie
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 27, 2012
3:12 PM

Post #9368585

Not to sound like a broken record but it is still snowing. Haven't seen this much snow fall at 1 time in years. Looks gorgeous out there. We have been plowed but if this keeps up he will have to do it again before daylight.

Diesel is beat! Tia came with her mom and dad today for a visit - they came by snow machines - Diesel chased her in the snow until they both fell down exhuated. I told Tia she needs to come visit Diesel eavery day. lol
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
3:39 PM

Post #9368610

Dianne, I'm glad you have all you need to keep you warm in the storm.

Debbie, I'm glad DH was bundled up. Oh I think I would go after someone with my ginger ale. Have you ever found the crystalized ginger? I found it in the dried fruits at the grocery. I cut the pieces into smaller pieces and then keep them in a bag. Then I chew a small piece. A container lasts a good long time. I found some delicious ginger cookies at Walmart - Walkers Ginger Stem biscuits. They have chunks of ginger in them. Very tasty.

Sandy, sorry things will be like a madhouse. Plenty of wine and deep breaths.

I seems to have gotten colder and windier. I saw a little bit on the news about flooding at the Jersey shore again.

I didn't cook the ham but I opened it up and pan sauted a few slices - yummy. Ham with my eggs tomorrow will be quite good.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 27, 2012
4:15 PM

Post #9368639

I may run away from home-thought DM might kill me if I do.

I have been playing with my photo shop and the Topaz Lap plug ins.
I like these

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107   

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2012
4:29 PM

Post #9368650

Sandy - That third pic of Andre looks like it should be in a pinup calendar. :-)

I'm home! No issues at all with the drive. It sounds like Dianne is getting the worst of this storm.

Debbie - those pic's of Izzy are wonderful. Pure joy is right!

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 27, 2012
4:39 PM

Post #9368659

Tam he does look sexy!!! LOL

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 27, 2012
6:11 PM

Post #9368705

ROFL, Andre' the pin up! He looks like a wolf in that also. Love it!

Welcome home Tam!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9368716

Good evening. I am still sick. Decided that I was hungry and ate a bit at supper, and I have spent the night in the bathroom. So no food for me until I know all is well.

Dianne, sounds like you ARE getting the snow that you remembered as a child! Gosh, sorry that you are taking the hit for all of us.

Debbie, loved the pictures of Izzy, looks like she is having so much fun. I was going to say, your DH needs a hat.

Sandy, don't throw the computer or anything else away. You will figure it out. I don't know about company, who did you say was coming? Just let Andre take your place.

Terese, oh, my time surely has flown. Only seems like a month or so ago that you got back from the cruise last year.

Elsie, are you off work all this week? Sometimes that makes more sense, as not much gets accomplished in these weeks that have the holidays. I always took off the week of christmas and new year, because if they fell right, I only had to use something like 4 days of annual time. Hope that you don't get your shoveled drive snowed in again.

Tammy glad that you are home safe and sound. You will have to tell us all about your celebrations with your parents.

DGD called and we are to meet her and her DM at the clerk's office tomorrow to transfer the car we gave her. Sure hope I feel better by then.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9368718

BonnieB - I'm sorry to hear you are still not feeling well!

I visited Mom before Christmas. She's really focused on learning excel spreadsheets so she can do manipulations on the membership list for her circular sock knitting group. I was a little worried I hadn't heard from her after Christmas so I called tonight. She was just busy! Then visited Dad after Christmas. His heat went out 12/24 so it was cold. He had a few space heaters so it wasn't too uncomfortable but I did have to put on double socks and wear an extra shirt. Dad wrote the history of his department at Penn State (he was one of the first faculty in the department) and gave my brother & I each a copy of the book. I'll have to read it now. He's been working on it for over a year and was really excited it finally go published.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 27, 2012
6:43 PM

Post #9368720

BonnieB hoping you get better soon. My sister will be here tomorrow, with my BIL and their 3 dogs-Staffordshire Bull Terrier. A little of my sister goes a LONG WAY!!!! Thankfully they are only staying part of the day.

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
6:44 PM

Post #9368721

Sounds like I would like the dogs better than the human!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2012
7:46 PM

Post #9368747

BonnieB, sorry you are still not feeling well. Do you eat rice - I eat rice when I have stomach issues.

Tammy, glad you made it home without any problems.

The wind sure has picked up here. It should be very icy tomorrow.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 27, 2012
7:56 PM

Post #9368751

BonnieB I do like the dogs better even if they are spoiled rotten. She think she KNOWS best and is always trying to tell us what we should do.

I am going to call it a night.

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 27, 2012
8:08 PM

Post #9368755

Elsie do you get to stay home tomorrow?

They are talking another storm for this weekend Dianne! I sure hope it calms down for you. I know the dogs love it for sure. But Izzy wants to go
out every 10 minutes.

Good luck tomorrow Sandy, get some rest.

BonnieB, Elsie is right...white rice tends to help "pull things together" as does bananas and apple juice. The old BRAT diet...bananas Rice Apples toast.

Bed time...Shannon starts work with DH tomorrow...leaving at 4:30 a.m.! Glad he is riding with her not me!

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 28, 2012
4:00 AM

Post #9368834

morning feel like some one beat me. was what I was afraid of. not going to do any more cleaning today, if she does not like the house as is she can clean. she might have cleaning people to come in but we can not afford (?) the help

sandy and andre
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 28, 2012
4:30 AM

Post #9368842

Morning everyone. Snow has stopped and it is a frigid winter wonderland out there. Quill, Diesel and I have been for our first walk of the day. Not quite so hard stepping this morning since the plowguy has been in. More snow moving in tonight and through tomorrow. As long as it is just snow I am fine with that.

Welcome home Tam. Bet Gary and the furries were very glad to see you.Glad your road trip wasn't as arduous as I was imagining.

Elsie you must be enjoying this week off, especially with all this weather. Your drive would have been horrid. Chloe must be in seventh heaven having you home.

A neighbour called yesterday to see how I was faring in the storm. She also informed me a fisher was on her deck looking in her kitchen door on Christmas Day. I can't imagine the fisher would get that close to humans but it has put a scare into me. I don't like walking with the dogs armed but this makes me feel like I need to. The fishers can be very bold! I'll take a coyote stalking us over a fisher any day.

Frank wanted to come today but I have asked him to come another.

Think I am going to curl up back in the bed for awhile. The steps can wait to be shovelled!

Feeling better today BonnieB?

Anyone heard from our Bonnie? I hope her health held up for her family's visit.

Enjoy your day ladies. Please make sure you all do something nice for yourself today!

Dianne
Edited because my brain froze anad I had a coyote stalking me twice not a coyote over a fisher

This message was edited Dec 28, 2012 10:50 AM
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
5:20 AM

Post #9368858

Here, but not feeling any better. Was up and down all night, so will see what today holds for the stomach ills.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
5:27 AM

Post #9368864

Dianna, a very happy birthday to you. Hope you get what you want/need and that the fur kids treat you very nice.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
5:40 AM

Post #9368865

Happy Birthday Dianne!! I hope you have a wonderful day with a nap in it.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 28, 2012
5:48 AM

Post #9368873

Dianne HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Sandy

Thumbnail by wren107

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 28, 2012
6:27 AM

Post #9368900

Happy Birthday Dianne, Sending birthday hugs your way! I hope Diesel and Quill help make it a very special day for you.

I know how hard this day is for you...perhaps a few hugs from Frank would help. He understands.

Sandy, I woke up with back spasms through the night, perhaps from crawling on the floor cleaning up shredded wrapping paper. Took
a hot shower which helped some.

DH & DD both left for work at 4:30 this morning! I think this working together bonding experience will be pretty good! hehehe
DH said there is possible this could turn into full time job, but will have to see about that. Sure would help her get out of debt!

Didn't make coffee and think I am regretting that. Might set up my "one cup" and see if I can figure that out.

Have a good day...
Debbie

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 28, 2012
6:38 AM

Post #9368913

Happy Birthday Dianna. May you enjoy a restful day with your furkids.

and Oh geeze -- I hope that neighbor was wrong about those Fishers. I looked them up once... seems like very nasty creatures.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2012
6:45 AM

Post #9368919

Good Morning All.

Happy Birthday Dianne!

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 28, 2012

Post #9368921

Happy Birthday Dianne! Hope it is the day you want!

My fingers just don't want to type. We got a dusting of snow. Will probably have to fill the feeders. The squirrels have moved in big time. I keep hoping they will stick with the shelled corn.

DH has today off so I probably won't be able to work on my organizing that didn't work out yesterday. So I need to do some rethinking!

Better go and find some breakfast. Might just be toast today.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 28, 2012

Post #9368924

Am thinking about looking at .22 pistols to carry. Just thinking.

Dianne be careful.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2012
7:08 AM

Post #9368949

Debbie - its this an internship for Shannon?

I'm trying to decide what to do today. Its sunny outside. I have guests coming over tomorrow so I need to pick up a few things for that. One guest is gluten insensitive and I'd like to get hummus & salsa. I think some veggies to dip would be a good alternative. Maybe I can find some gluten free chips?

Vicki - now toast sounds a little light for breakfast. Maybe some peanut butter with it?

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 28, 2012
7:25 AM

Post #9368960

Tam, DH's company had some part time positions open to help out for a bit, getting film ready to recycle. They get huge boxes of xrays and such in, that need to have staples and papers removed from files to shred. The pay is excellent and they are talking about possibly hiring 20 people to do this full time. Although not in her "college" area, if they can work around her morning classes...it might help her big time. She doesn't go back to school til Jan. 15 so she is part time til then and a decision is made. She can ride into work with DH also.

I toasted a piece of Christmas bread, realized I really do not like it...although DH just loves the stuff. It is a very dry bread with dried fruits in it...like a fruit cake fruit.
But it has this after taste I just can't handle. Don't tell him...Izzy ate it.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 28, 2012
7:34 AM

Post #9368966

Tam I just didn't want much today. With DH home for 5 days it is hard to think of things for breakfast. He won't eat hot or cold cereals.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 28, 2012
7:44 AM

Post #9368971

I have tea, oatmeal and sourdough toast. My DH usually wants a "big man" breakfast on the weekends or days off...but I have gotten him to eat
cereal & toast or such. Next week will be fun, he goes for his first colonoscopy!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2012
7:45 AM

Post #9368972

That sounds really like a great opportunity for her Debbie!

Vicki - I understand. Its so easy for us since we both prefer cold cereal. So we each have our own brand and are quite happy.

I think I'll head to the farmers market now. Will pick up some goodies for tomorrow. I forgot corn chips are gluten free so they will work with salsa or other dips. :-)

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2012
7:46 AM

Post #9368973

Oh my Debbie! I can imagine hearing about his day of preparation! Good luck with that.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 28, 2012
7:57 AM

Post #9368977

Tam, I might leave home for that entire prep day ordeal. NOT looking forward to that. He has only had to withhold food from Midnight on before procedures. Not a liquid diet 24 hours before and the prep meds. No no no, not good! I have had two of these, this is his first...and he has family history of issues.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 28, 2012
8:02 AM

Post #9368979

my DH is not a breakfast person. his routine is 2 small Activia yogurts and a banana. He has found his "gird" has ended since starting activia, well, that and getting off Meds his Doc put him on for 'gird' - which seemed to only make matters worse.

I love breakfast, but since I dont do "starch" - I tend to have eggs, sometimes with toast [wheat or sourdough] though i'd love pancakes or french toast... i just can't do that.
I also love a good smoothie.

OH -- it's snowing. looks like we are expecting an inch. very sweepable.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 28, 2012
8:53 AM

Post #9369006

What is "grid"
Happy Birthday, Dianne...

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 28, 2012
9:15 AM

Post #9369015

Melva I think it is that is Gastro Intestinal Reflux Disease or such.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 28, 2012
9:17 AM

Post #9369019

Well, DG has a very sweet Angel amongst us. The nasty kitties and I received a VERY gracious gift to help them behave!
I am just so so grateful...praying the Feliway works for these naughties!!

AND I got to see the UPS man! Thank you so very much

Debbie
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 28, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9369049

Oh, GERD...
gastro esopheagal reflux disease I have that too...what meds was he taking that made it worse?

This message was edited Dec 28, 2012 11:52 AM

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 28, 2012
10:43 AM

Post #9369086

FREE!!!!!! They are gone-and there spoiled brat dogs also!!!!

Sandy and a happy Andre-who was very good-gentle with the old boy and told the bad female to behave herself

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 28, 2012
10:54 AM

Post #9369091

That wasn't a long visit!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 28, 2012
10:55 AM

Post #9369092

YAY Sandy is free! Glad it went well and is over with for you.

Trying a new soup. No recipe, just "winging it." Pray for the family! lol

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 28, 2012
11:02 AM

Post #9369096

What's in it?

Bbq sandwiches for lunch and dinner I think. Lazy today.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 28, 2012
11:04 AM

Post #9369103

Well, Shoe made a potato soup/chowder type...I am adding (I think) chunks of chicken & some broccoli...and possibly topping with
crumbled bacon & cheese. BUT as I look through the fridge...it could change.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 28, 2012
11:04 AM

Post #9369104

I made soup the other day. Just had the last of it for lunch...think I will make some more today...I never use a recipe so it is never the same..what are you putting in yours Debbie?
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 28, 2012
11:05 AM

Post #9369105

Sounds good.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 28, 2012
11:06 AM

Post #9369106

It will be good Debbie!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 28, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #9369168

Vickie thankfully it was not long. And Andre was very good with the other dogs. He did tell the bad one to behave once but he did not try to play with them at all.
Andre does have good manners-he just likes to destroy stuff and steal food.

Going to go try to get some sunset and moon pictures later

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
12:43 PM

Post #9369183

Debbie that is great about the gift and the ups man.

I went out to lunch with my friend - service and food was very good. It was nice catching up. Then I went to the grocery. I am pretty sure it was the first time out in public for most of the drivers and the people in the store. Glad I am back home. I bought some kale and I'm going to try making kale chips. I'm not sure I have ever had kale.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 28, 2012
2:05 PM

Post #9369259

Debbie -- thanks for answering Melva.

and I'd have to ask what he was taking that made things so much worse for him.

Me -- I just have to eliminate sugars and "white" starches, and I dont have an issue... especially later in the day.
or i'm popping Tums...

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 28, 2012
2:13 PM

Post #9369265

Melva -- it was Prevacid

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #9369267

Debbie - I bet jello would help him get through the day. Soup sounds good!

Loretta - I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy a nice meal out w/a friend! What did you have? I went grocery shopping too. I also got kale. I love it with onion, red pepper & mushrooms in an omlette. I tried making kale chips but over cooked them. They tasted a bit burned. I hope you do better with yours! :-)

Terese - I'm sure he's much better off with his solution for the GERD.

My step brother was telling me about some new research with mice and microbes in the digestive tract. Apparently they gave some mice (at birth) "good bacteria" and others "bad bacteria". The ones with good bacteria stayed slim and healthy while the ones with bad bacteria got fat. I think I'll need to do more research on this but it does reinforce what we all read about how important probiotics are for our own health. And as evidenced by Terese' DH.

I made hummus this afternoon. Its absolutely delicious!

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 28, 2012
2:25 PM

Post #9369274

Talk of soup has me hungry for some. Think I will make both a turkey and potato chowder tomorrow. Then I can freeze it up in individual containers.

Pups have just had too many treats this holiday. Everyone who came for a visit brought them something. No wonder they are ignoring their kibble. Back to normal diet wise for all of us tomorrow.

Frank was to come, take me out to dinner and then stay over. I called and cancelled as I am just not ready to do that - well at least not today. Another day would be fine I am positive.

Have been stewing about the fisher all day. Thinking along your lines Vicki and will get Steve to get some bullets for the 38 handgun locked up downstairs.

UPS braved the lane today - it is well plowed now. The DVD Trouble with the Curve arrived. Watched the DVD of Etta James 'Live at Montreaux' this afternoon. If you like blues / jazz you would really enjoy this. I started to clean out a closet in the den and found some DVDs I had ordered early last year to go in Warren's stocking - Magnum PI and Kojak both Season 1. I guess you could say I am forever the optimist or at least was at the start of 2012.

Need to go feed the pups and the cats. Even Sassy is here giving me the evil eye.

Thanks so much for all the birthday wishes. It means a lot!!

Dianne

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 28, 2012
3:31 PM

Post #9369326

Happy Birthday Dianne! Hurray for the plowed lane! You stay warm with your dogs and kitties.
Stay safe everyone!
I have 2 days off this wek-end, yeah!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 28, 2012
3:32 PM

Post #9369331

Waste of gas and time. Way to many clouds. BUT there is no clouds over our house!!! DARN IT

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
4:07 PM

Post #9369351

Debbie, I think no red drinks or jello.

Tammy, I had a hamburger with bacon. Before I left the house I was watching a comedian on TV. He went on and on about bacon and I just couldn't resist. My friend had a foot long hot dog. They have a kids not dog which comes out in a car. One little girl was having fun with her car rather than eating lunch.

http://chatterboxdrivein.com/

I think I will try a little of the kale tomorrow. I'd rather not cook it all up and then not like it.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 28, 2012
4:10 PM

Post #9369354

Elsie that is right...he can have the jello, just nothing red or purple in color. Nothing carbonated...clear drinks & broths only.

I have been craving a "Chicago dog" or "Francheesy" as Mom called them. A hotdog slit down middle with cheese in it and bacon wrapped
around the outside. I remember that so well from a trip to Chicago White Sox game when I was VERY little.

I am not sure about kale. You go first.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2012
4:32 PM

Post #9369381

well I just did something monumentaLLY stupid. I slipped with the ceramic knife and cut two fingers pretty deeply. I don't think its bad enough for the doctor but gosh... very scarey to see how deep it went.

Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 28, 2012
4:53 PM

Post #9369392

Tammy, that is scary!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 28, 2012
5:15 PM

Post #9369404

Ouch Tammy!! this one mom in the neighborhood... she'd fix things up with super glue and butterfly bandages...

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2012

Post #9369405

yep. I'll survive this but what a bonehead move

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #9369406

terese - I just put several bandaides on really tight. I had to replace them pretty soon after the first but they seem to be holding now

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 28, 2012
5:24 PM

Post #9369411

Ouch Tam! Elevate the fingers/hand also. That sounds like a move I would do.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 28, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9369420

Tam please be more careful

Not happy, could not get any moon pictures. Darn I waited all month for the full moon and the clouds cover was too heavy.

Think I am going to fix me a drink, play a game or something

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
6:12 PM

Post #9369443

Tammy, that is not a good thing. Please see your doctor or go to the ER. You want to make sure that you didn't nick your tendons or anything else. Take it from the person who is supposed to stay away from sharp objects.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
6:36 PM

Post #9369457

Well, DH went to the drugstore, and got a med for the diarrhea. Think I am heading to bed in just a few minutes. Not feeling well at all.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 28, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9369475

BonnieB -- be careful of dehydration too. Hope you get over this soon... it seems like it's been too many days now.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2012
7:04 PM

Post #9369481

Terese, even though I am not able to eat, I am drinking liquids and making sure that I stay hydrated. I went through the dehydration a couple of years ago, and they thought they were going to have to put me on dialysis. Hope I feel like taking a shower tomorrow. I am very scary looking!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2012
7:08 PM

Post #9369484

BonnieB - something is clearly not right with your digestion. Have you seen a doctor? I recall you having the issue over a week ago!

Loretta & Debbie - its just the tips of two fingers. I don't think there are tendons there.

Sandy - glad the visit went well. We had a pretty sunset here & I thought of your photos when I saw it.

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 28, 2012
8:29 PM

Post #9369527

Tam did you apply lots of pressure on the wound? Not just for a minute or two either. If they continue to bleed try covering with gauze and a towel and applying as much pressure as you can. It might be best to have Gary apply the pressure. I almost cut off the ends of 2 fingers with a commercial meat slicer while making pickles and I was sure I would lose them. Warren. placed some gauze then a towel over the 2 fingers and pressed down with all his might. Man it smarted for awhile but he saved the tips of those fingers.Ouch, you silly girl you!

Very dark overcast night so I did need the headlight. I was so looking forward to a moonlit walk.

Hope all our sickies are feeling better in the morning. Be carefull!!No cyber germs please.

Think I will follow Quill and Diesel off into dreamland soon,

Sweet dreams everyone. Don't let the bedbugs bite!!!
D

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 28, 2012
8:32 PM

Post #9369528

BonnieB, you do not have any open wounds anywhere remaining for your previous surgeries...or areas showing signs of infection? A spot that you thought was a bite that won't heal? Have you taken your temp at all? Please be careful!!!

Tam, no tendons end of the fingers but lots of tiny nerves. Be careful, keep it out of water, and cleaned! If it starts bleeding again tomorrow, you should get
it checked.

Loretta, we should open a medical facility...we could make big bucks on these DG emergencies. ROFL
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2012
5:11 AM

Post #9369630

Debbie, you are so right!!

Tammy, I'm glad you only got the fingertips.

We are in for another snow storm. I am already tired of winter.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #9369633

Good morning. Debbie put away your emergency manuel especially for me. I think I am going to live. The meds that DH got for me last night sure did the trick. I slept through the night, and feel good compared to what I have been feeling. I am gonna take it easy anyway, no sense in setting myself back.

We have about 6 inches of snow that fell overnight. Neighbor wants me to come over for coffee, but don't know that I will do that.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 29, 2012
6:05 AM

Post #9369652

Good morning everyone

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 29, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9369697

Good morning,

Fresh snow here and still falling. Elsie, I am with you...sick of it already!

BonnieB, so happy you are feeling better!

Great picture Sandy!

Have my coffee and trying to adjust that DH is home another four days in a row.

His mother called about 9:00 last night to say there will be a family part TONIGHT. What the heck! Can ya give people some
warning ahead of time. If it was just "go have dinner" it would be one thing, but this is a gift exchange and we just can't really
do it. I made up little gift bags for each family with hot chocolate, a brownie mix and a movie for "family time" and now find out there will be 3 additional
that usually don't show. Maybe it will get cancelled because of snow!!! My one nephews wife is due any day...so she shouldn't be traveling
on these roads, poor girl can barely walk!

I was lazy and stayed in bed playing with the kittens this morning. The two little ones pounced me and were killing the monster under the blankets.

OK, I need some cereal this morning...I think rice krispies or special K with fruit.

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 29, 2012
7:33 AM

Post #9369720

Morning!

Today was scrambled eggs and cheese. Boy did that hit the spot.

Sandy I was hoping for clear skies last night also. But just to see the full moon not take pictures. It was still snowing a bit. The roads were so full of salt a person could of spun out on all of it.

Deb I kept waking up being hot. Darn flashes. So tired of them. The girl at work got a kitten for Xmas. Didn't want it but she is falling in love with him. All black and his eyes are changing to green. They call him Coal.

BonnieB hope you keep feeling better. Had a lady in the store last night. Kept coughing without covering her mouth. I wanted to cover it with my fist! Said she got sick on her way up from Milwaukee.

elsie have not tried kale yet. Have also heard about the chips. Bet you are enjoying your nice long weekends.

Dianne your pups will be so spoiled they will never want regular kibble! I was looking at pistols yesterday and the prices are outragious. I should see what dh has first. LOL

Adina 2 days off are wonderful. I can hardly wait for mine. Because it means I will only have to do a small part of the truck that is coming Sunday morning! I should celebrate but that just means when the next one comes I will have to work on all of it!

Think I will go and do some cyber shopping. a few things I need to find.

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2012
8:06 AM

Post #9369753

Tammy, how are your fingers?

BonnieB, glad you are feeling better. Until you feel really better - stay away from milk products except for yogurt.

Hey Bonnie - how are things going at the Shores?

Debbie are your in-laws related to my DB?

I will say that my DB & SIL have a white elephant gift thing. They didn't mention anything about me getting a gift for someone else but I was included - I thought that was nice.

We are having snow squalls - the snow is coming down in buckets, then stopping.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 29, 2012
8:12 AM

Post #9369758

Oh gosh! I feel so bad. Tam I forgot to ask about your fingers! How are they and which hand. I assume your left so it won't interfere with typing or other things too much?

I keep seeing those neat chicken coops and I want to get chickens! A few wouldn't be very expensive to feed. It's when you have lots you have that big food bill. Maybe I can talk us into it. LOL

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 29, 2012
8:12 AM

Post #9369759

Elsie, is he related to the "witch" on little mermaid?

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2012
9:06 AM

Post #9369804

Debbie, I don't know anything about the mermaid or witch. His invitations are always last minute.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 29, 2012
10:46 AM

Post #9369884

Howdy everyone!

BonnieB - I'm glad you are feeling better but wish you knew what was causing your issue! Do you eat yogurt? Probably help get your digestive system on track.

Debbie - I hope it works out as you want today. Tough to pull together last minute gifts!

Dianne - I put pressure on the wounds for quite a while and wrapped the tips in bandages so that there was lots of pressure. They did throb overnight. I think its close to cutting off the tip for me too. stupid move! I get queasy thinking about it.

I cut off the bandages this afternoon, washed my hands and fingers (a little bleeding but not bad. I was VERY gentle.) I put a little antibiotic ointment and rewrapped with bandaids and then with water proof tape over. All tight to keep the pressure on the wounds. I also bought rubber gloves so I could keep them dry.

Vicki - yep, left hand. pinky & 2nd to last finger so not bad to deal with. I just keep hitting the cap lock key. lol

Loretta - Is the get together today?

We've got the snow here too. Suppose to accumulate 3-5". Not suRe if my friends will want to brave the weather or not. If 3" probably but more than 5" it gets dicey as they both live in rural mountainous properties.

~~~ everyone
Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 29, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9369895

Still snowing and has been since about 4 am. There was no clear moonlit walk last night as it was very overcast. Was still beautiful out there though.No sign of the snow letting up either. I love it! Thank heavens it is snowy this year and not last when my guy and I were making so many runs into Kingston each week. Needless to say Diesel is in seventh heaven.

Tam how are your fingers today? Any big plans to cook up a storm in the next few days? Gary helps with prep doesn't he?

Debbie were there other firemen in Webster shot last week and were just injured? That sounds terrible "just injured" but was wondering after I got a FW from a friend whose DBIL is fireman and injured in the line of duty.a friend in Webster about a Buffalo Bills player coming to see her DBIL in the hospital.

Vicki I bet Steve has something you will feel comfortable using and taking with you on your walks. Ty loving the snow? Silly question!!

Adina enjoy your 2 days off in a row. Are you going out for New Years this year? I remember all the wonderful photos you shared with us a few years ago.

Going to go shovel for a bit. BBL
Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 29, 2012

Post #9369905

Dianne, there were two men killed, two seriously wounded...and one hit by shrapnel who was a Greece Police officer. Also found boyd in the house he burned, which is believed to be the shooters sister.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2012
11:16 AM

Post #9369908

Tammy, glad the wounds are okay. I'm not sure if you can get this at a pharmacy - there is a self adhesive bandage that is sort of like an ace bandage. I would wrap it around to avoid hitting the fingertips.

I'm not sure kale is going to be one of my faves. I will have to figure out how to cook the rest of the bunch.

The white elephant gift thing was on Christmas day.

The snow is really coming down and the road looks really sloppy. I'm going to guess that it's nice and slippery underneath the snow.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 29, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9369980

I got waterproof tape that is thick and padded. I wrapped that around teh bandaides and the tips are now cushioned. It sounds like something similaR to what you described Loretta.

Most people recommend cutting up the kale, blanching it in a little water or chicken stock and then saute in a little olive oil w/garlic. I prefer it with other veggies and in an omelet rather than plain (cooked w/garlic).

Not cooking today. I will probably make omelets for dinner though. My friends are not coming so we're on our own today.

Funny (coincidence) - I read the pub from an environmental group I donate to (Nature Conservancy I believe) They say the Fisher population is under pressure because pot growers are killing them in remote areas.

Tam

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 29, 2012
2:33 PM

Post #9370044

Tam, you poor thing! Must be hurting so much! I remember when I had a deep cut in my finger last spring...my finger has been numb ever since...a bit better now, but still numb. I hope yours aren't numb. Take care and get well soon!

BonnieB, I'm so glad you are feeling better with the meds DH bought for you. I'm always eating rice when I have diarrhea and it helps. Were you able to take a shower?

Debbie, you're so right, we can have a DG ER!LOL I imagine how thrilled you are about your MIL's invitation,, especially on such short notice! And, of course, you can't decline! I hope snowing stops soon...makes me scared because I know it'll come here too in 2 weeks from now...it always does!

Dianne, I'm glad you can see the beauty of the snow, even if it is so much snow! Yes,, we're going out this New Year's Eve . Andreea convinced us to go out together. She's going to take Nicholas too and probably I will come back home with him earlier.

Vicki, at least you won't exaust yourself at this truck! I can tell you my first day off was only for rest!LOL Now I have a back ache...I think from too much laying down!LOL

Sandy, your pictures are gorgeous! We have a full moon here, but I'm too tired to go out to take pictures. Anyway my camera wouldn't take such good pics of the moon...grrrr!

Elsie, is is still snowing? I hate driving on snow. Ours has almost melted and they forecasted a mild weather for January and February. I hope they're right.

Waving to all! I'm going to bed early.. Tomorrow I have a salad to make for after the New Year's Eve. It takes too much work because it has so many chopped vegetables,, so I prefer to make it tomorrow when I have more time. I'm working on Monday morning, what a joy!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti         

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2012
6:33 PM

Post #9370192

Adina, what beautiful pictures of the poinsettia. I didn't see many for sale around here this year.

Tammy, I had that wretched stomach bug. My stomach started hurting Christmas afternoon, and no it was not because I overate. Then on Wednesday, I drank a cup of coffee and had started on a glass of orange juice when it hit. I stayed in the bathroom most of the day on Wednesday, and up and down durning the night. Ate just a bit on Thursday, but nothing seemed to want to stay put. I didn't vomit, but it sure traveled right through. Express too. DH has some diarrhea meds that he keeps on hand, and I was taking those but he had to go out last night and he went to my pharmacy and talked to the pharmacist and she sent home some OTC meds. Sure worked in a hurry. I have eaten lightly today. I had about a 1/2 chicken noodle soup this morning, and then for supper, cottage cheese, and about a 1/4 of a hamburger that was broiled. It stayed down and no running to the bathroom, so guess I am over the worst part of it. I do eat yogurt, but hadn't during the holidays. Another lady on another thread recommended a probiotic that you can purchase from the health food store. Will see about that when I am out and about again. Sorry about your injured fingers. I was wondering about the ceramic knives, well, I think I will do some more thinking about them!! I am just not too coordinated!

Adina, what kinds of celebrations do you all have for the New Years Eve party? Here there are varieties, but mostly private parties where liquor and music and dancing, and of course eating. We do have public celebrations, like the big one in Times Square in New York City, where they count down the seconds to the actual New Year. I guess when I was younger, it didn't bother me to party all night, but now I can barely keep my eyes open till midnight.

Elsie, hope that you don't have to get out and personally see if there is ice under the snow. Hope that you and Chloe are all snuggled in a recliner reading or knitting or something.

Debbie, a party when, tonight? Oh, I love the advance notice you get from that side of the family. Hope that if you had/have to go that it will be a short time in duration. Be nice, smile a lot and escape quickly!

Dianne, I have read about the Fisher's and they sound like a very nasty animal. I often wonder just why God had to make some of those kinds, like a skunk or snake, then I think about the food chain. I imagine the Fisher is on some other animal's diet. Would make me happy to know which one, so that I could avoid it! Glad that you and Quill and Diesel are enjoying the walks in the snow. We have about 6 inches on the ground, but it is so pretty. It is still on all the trees, and it could easily be a picture for a Christmas card.

Vicki, are you talking about a gun for when you go walking in the woods? I have avoided walking in our woods, because I don't like the thought of carrying a gun, but I do know they coyote population is huge. They are getting so brave they are coming into the yards, especially around outside dog kennels, jumping into the kennel and eating the food put out for the dogs. So far no dogs have been injured, but it is just a matter of time.

Melva, is Corky behaving? Has he gone out and been gone awhile lately? You must let him go someday so he can let the other family know that he is okay. How did your roast turn out the other day?

Sandy, you poor thing, having to endure the unwelcome company, not being able to go out and take pictures, and not being able to take Andre out to play because of the weather. It will all get better I am sure. What did Andre get for Christmas?

Well, I guess we will have church tomorrow, but already heard from 2 people who said they didn't want to get out and take a chance on falling. Well, guess any excuse is better than none.

I think I am off to bed shortly. I thought I would be sick and tired of laying around, but I am still sleepy!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 29, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9370205

BonnieB Andre get food. His favorite thing. LOL

Tam I really hope your fingers are alright.

Everyone take care of your selves

Good night

Sandy and Andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 29, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #9370208

had a good day today... it was "girl's Spa Day"
Me, Mary and Jeanna all went for a Mani & Pedi and out to lunch.
It was a very nice day.

We plan to do it again.

Tired... getting ready for bed...

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 29, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9370209

Sandy -- we crossed... G'night

BonnieB -- forgot to say... glad to hear you are keeping things down... certainly hope it's over with.

Tam -- hope the finger tips are OK

Hope everyone had a good day...

'Nite
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 29, 2012
7:48 PM

Post #9370222

Bonnie B. I am glad you are feeling better, and Tammy, good to hear that your fingers will survive...
The roast turned out wonderful Phil got a toaster oven that has a rotesserie and we used that on the roast..no leftovers because it was so small. My friend, Hayden who works in the meat department cut a large roast into 2 pieces so I could get one.
Corky has been in and out..I am sure he has been over to his other home...

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 29, 2012
8:31 PM

Post #9370248

Just now got home from leaving here at 4:15. Snow has continued.

The gathering wasn't too bad. Lots of hugs from my niece April, she is a sweetheart. I stayed away from "issues" and sat and talked with
SIL and met one of the brothers in laws new girlfriends. I actually like this one...but not holding my breath. He has been married 3 times.
We had homemade pizza which wasn't bad at all.

You all be careful in that weather.

Adina, pray the snow doesn't get to you!! Love the poinsettia pictures, very nice!

Need to check emails and then head to bed...tired out!

Debbie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

December 29, 2012
8:57 PM

Post #9370253

So sorry I missed wishing everyone a Merry Christmas as well as Happy Birthday to Sandy and Dianne.

Things went well here though I deeply missed my son who chose not to make the trip from Indiana to the FL shore. His weight and condition of his knees makes even walking extremely painful for him much less such a long road trip and that entailed.

My SIL seemed to arrive "on edge", but I am happy to say that he and I got along beautifully although he did try to "bait" me a few times. I was determined to avoid conflict with him at all costs. He did jump on my DD big time once for absolutely nothing. Even used the "F" word. All she said was that it was too hot in the car. I am certain he was chopped off at the knees later when DD had him in private. I think he was just ready to blow. The girls were not with us at the time. We were ten for Christmas Eve gumbo including one guest who eats gluten free and one who eats nothing that has a face. SIL prepared menu to satisfy both guests. We picked up mom every day at 11:00 and returned her at 8:00 PM in time for her shower except on Christmas eve she slept here with me so she would be here early on Christmas morning to open gifts.

DD and DSIL did all the cooking and cleaning in the kitchen except Christmas eve when they left me with the mess. I finished in an hour and ten minutes. However, even when they cleaned there always seemed to be things requiring attention before the next meal or event could take place. I always seemed to be on my feet - mostly because I move as slowly as a slug these days. One afternoon DD forced me to leave the kitchen, directed me to a chair, brought a big ottoman from the bedroom for my legs, and ordered me to sit! I was asleep in no time.

Santa was good to all although my dear son had all my gifts accidentally sent to his address and my mother did not have any gift for me at all. She didn't think of it and neither of my children thought of buying something for her to give to me. It is totally alright. I fully understand. There is nothing I need anyway. Besides I still had a pile of lovely gifts to open more on their way from Gregory.

Don't know if I told you but when I went back to the new doctor that I liked so well, she was like a different person. Judy came with me. She looked at all my labs and said I was a perfect candidate for gastric bypass surgery and wrote me a letter of referral to the doctor Patti and Judy are seeing. No talk of diabetes education. weight reduction, anemia, nothing. No discussion of whether I wanted this type of procedure. I am looking for another doctor. I am not interested in this surgery. Patti has had the procedure and she is on a very restricted diet. If you can follow a restrictive diet plan after this procedure, why can't you do it before? I think this doctor is bipolar - no kidding. I was shocked by her behavior. She totally shrugged her shoulders about the arthritis on my spine wondering out loud where there was an open CAT scan machine then dropping the ball. I am going back to the sleep clinic on Jan 3. Pray I have no attack of sciatica this time.

New Years Eve party at Patti's. I will sleep at Judy's that night.

A few photos;
#1, I bought a cage like this for the boys to go out on the balcony. Stetson did not like it outside, but he commandeered it inside not allowing Swiper inside or to even lay against it on the outside so Santa brought one for Swiper. Look who crawled in with sweet Swiper.

#2, A sunset

#3. My Christmas table with paper "china". The only thing that came from Katy was my tree and its trimmings.

Bonnie

Thumbnail by greersfolly   Thumbnail by greersfolly   Thumbnail by greersfolly      

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 30, 2012
1:52 AM

Post #9370291

Evening/Morning whatever you want to call it.Haven't been to bed yet but feel like I can soon drift off. Still snowing although lightly now. Haven't seen this much snow at one time in years. Plow guy hasn't come in yet. I imagine he is waiting till the snow stops completely.. Poor guy is criticized if he comes in too soon or leaves it too long - there is always someone who is complaining. Me, I am just thankful when he comes.

Hope everyone is feeling better today. Tam, I bet those fingers did throb. Watch for infection!!! I know you will be very vigilant but I felt the need to warn you about infection.

Bonnie has your DD, DSIL and your beloved Grands returned home? Glad you were able to spend it together this year.

Eyes are closing so off to bed I go.
Dianne
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9370346

Bonnie, nice to see you post. Your table looks great. And the sunset is too beautiful. I'm glad you and your family had a great time. I hope you find a new doctor. How is Patti doing after her surgery? Has your DM settled in at her new place?

Our plow guy was out plowing at 3 am. He plows a ton of snow into the end of my driveway so it is very noisy. I guess I will have to to out there and clean off my car and so a little shoveling. It's wicked cold and windy. Last night the wind picked up and I'm guessing the snow was falling off the tree and landing on the roof. Chloe and I were staring and the ceiling. It always sounds like someone is up on the roof.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9370354

Good morning, Sunny and clear here this morning, but very very chilly. Almost ready to head out the door to church.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 30, 2012
6:29 AM

Post #9370395

Chilly [14f] and sunny this morning -- looks warm, but it's not.

Bonnie - gorgeous sunrise!! looks so inviting. The boys look happy in their "tent".

Dianne -- hope the snow lets up for your area. seems like you are getting a lot. we still have nothing measurable. I bet if I took all the snow we've gotten since early Nov, it may measure 1 inch.
Our place in WI has gotten snow... we may have to run up and shovel the roof before we head to FLA. Will find out later today as a gal will check for me.

Melva -- Did you put a collar on Corky so his other "family" knows he has a real home and family?? the little rascal.

Debbie -- sounds like you had a good evening. Homemade pizza sounds yummy.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 30, 2012

Post #9370411

Good morning I thought I had already posted---losing it.

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 30, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9370415

Good morning, slept in again. I am not going to bed early..and then sleep in. Don't like it when I do that, I enjoy the morning peace.

snow finally stopped here around Midnight. It is bright out, although I don't see sun.

Last night was a bit overwhelming, but I did a few breathing exercises and stayed away from those that got me riled. I did have to rescue DH from his Aunt and insist I was ready to go home NOW. She started a political debate, and both were getting hot under the collar.

I hope Dianne, you were able to get some sleep.

BonnieB, glad you are feeling better. Enjoy church!

Terese, you and Vicki are in for some COLD days from what our weather is forecasting...and of course, then it will come here.

Melva, did it warm up?

Elsie, I swear something is walking on our roof...I think we have something or someone living in the attic...and after the "spirits" next door it has me
worried!

Bonnie, very glad you finally posted...and I went to bed dreaming of that sunset!

Going to get some breakfast...
Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 30, 2012
7:43 AM

Post #9370456

Good Morning!

BonnieB - I just got a call from a friend cancelling tomorrow's get together due to the flu! I guess its going around. I sure hope you are fully over that bug. Sounds very unpleasant.

Dianne - you sure are getting socked with snow! Can you get out if you need to?

Debbie - smart lady to pull out your dh as things were heating up.

Adina - sorry you have to work tomorrow! I hope you get off Tues so you can enjoy ringing in the new year with your family. Will Ionut join you?

Terese - I bet you are working out what to bring with you for the trip ahead. I'm sure it will feel good to be in warm place.

Melva - smart to ask the butcher to cut the roast into a reasonable size for you.

Sandy - are you done with those calendars? It seems like its fun for you so wouldn't be bad if it takes a long time.

Loretta - we never did shovel. its warm enough that the snow is melting. I hope the same is true for you 'cause its awful to dig out after the plow goes through!

Bonnie - glad things went well with the holidays. That doctor does sound bi-polar. At least you know you have diabetes now so can ask another doctor about it or research it yourself. Melva & Loretta might have some good tips to get started.

Vicki - will it be more calm at the store now? I'd love to see Ty enjoying the snow. hint hint. :-)

We're thinking about seeing a movie today. Maybe the Skyfall / James Bond movie.
Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 30, 2012
8:04 AM

Post #9370462

Morning! Breakfast is past. Leftovers from yesterday. Have been puttering around. Have to bake something so will be looking at recipes. Good time to try something new.

Tam so much slower at the store. Well not lots but not as hectic or tense. I haven't been outside much and haven't taken any pictures. He is more active with DH then with me. I watch him closer then DH does. Do you go back to work next week? Sorry if I cussed at you with that question. LOL

So many tracks in the yard. Deer rabbit squirrel. Deer are digging in the snow to the grass. They are making trails there is so much travel.

Bonnie sounds like a very nice time with your family. Sorry your DS couldn't make it. Thanks for the pictures of the boys! Your table was delightful.

BonnieB did you make it to church?

Deb glad you did okay last night. Especially pulling DH out at the right time.. Pizza sounds so good. Maybe on my day off.

Adina have fun at your New Years Eve. With Nicolas it should be a blast! He is just growing so fast. He is loosing that baby look. Are you planning any garden changes this coming year?

Elsie hope you are nice and snug with Chloe. Any other food experiments going on?

Melva have you used the toaster oven for anything else yet? DH made french fries for supper last night in ours.

Sandy any plans for the day?

Dianne start laughing. I mentioned pistols to DH yesterday and he starts bringing them out. A .22 automatic. It was heavier than I expected. Then the .38. Which seemed a bit lighter. Then the .44 with scope which was heavier of course. He said it all depended on the balance of the gun. I liked the grip of the .22 but preferred the weight of the .38. Now when DS comes out I will have to try his guns. The .38 is actually his Dad's gun that is for sale.

Well better go and start baking something.

Have cheesy meatballs thawing out for a big lunch. Will add rice and vegie to go with. Should work it off at work today.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 30, 2012
8:08 AM

Post #9370466

Elsie I have a Diabetic Choco Chip cookie recipe can I add pecans/

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 30, 2012
8:56 AM

Post #9370499

I can't figure out when you cussed at me Vicki so I guess it wasn't so bad. lol Sounds like you need to give DH the camera. :-)

We settled on seeing Lincoln. One of my friends just got voted out of his job by the board of directors. He ran a very large rehab place and was working part time. They wanted someone full time (he has been planning to retire for a long time but just wasn't reADY). I called him to see how he was doing and while we talked I mentioned we were going to see a movie. Lincoln was on their list as well as ours so that's what we picked. We'll go out for dinner after.

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2012
9:20 AM

Post #9370517

I am not Elsie but in regard to the cookies...nuts would be a good addition as they have a lot of good things and are a good source of fiber
http://www.ilovepecans.org/nutrition.html#nutrient
I don't have a collar on Corky yet...it is on the table but there are a lot of things on top of it..I am going to uncover and find it!
We have used the toaster oven for many things...I made a blueberry bread in it...it was a mix and I added yogurt and cinnamon and vanilla I was going to add some pecans but I forgot...I used the yogurt in place of oil..I did add half the oil so the texture wouldn't be so odd. It turned out great.
Hayden, my friend at the meat dept. is a gem...he offered to cut the roast for me. It was so costly I wouldn't have bought a regular sized one. He has been trying to educate me about the different cuts...he frowns when I buy sirloin steak...he doesn't seem to understand that I try to go with the leaner cuts of steak.
Phil got a new black powder weapon, a Virginia rifle this time..it is six feet long...a flintlock..it is very pretty..he went to Forestburg to shoot at some targets. Rain is supposed to move in so he may have a short day.
It hasn't warmed up a lot. Still in the 40's during the day, and below freezing at night.
Too cold to do much outside. I need to work on situating things in the greenhouses.
Phil got me a light for the newest greenhouse, I need to get an extension cord so I can use it. Most of the tender plants are toast since it had been so cold and windy.
The older greenhouse isn't able to be totally closed so it is really much like having things outside. It has a zippered door and the zipper is broken on one side. I have most of the more tender things in the other greenhouse, they did okay I forgot some and they look bad. The roses do fine either way it is the salvias that need to be coddled.
http://www.vaflintlocks.com/virginia-rifle
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2012
9:24 AM

Post #9370519

Tammy, Vicki mentioned work. hehe Have fun at the movies. I never go to the movies but I would like to see Forty something and Hyde Park on Hudson - I love Bill Murray.

Vicki, nuts are good for blood sugar. They won't as a rule raise BS. Nuts are a good snack. No food experiments. I am having steak tonight and shrimp tomorrow.

I just went out and cleaned the car off and did a little shoveling. I went to the PO - forgot what the days were last week. I left the car in the part of the driveway that has been plowed. I hope the sun melts the snow and ice off the rest of the driveway. It sure is windy. The neighbors have been shoveling and the wind is shooting the snow in the air. In my case it would be blowing into my face. The snow yesterday is much dryer than the last.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 30, 2012
10:21 AM

Post #9370554

Tam I need to print some more but as I do not have the money to get the fastened together or mail them I am waiting. I can not edit pictures when I am printing the calenders.

Vickie I went shopping and now resting and working on the plans for the photo study group over on the other site.
Also hoping to be able to get some sunset pictures tonight. Oh I have the information on the photo contest, it starts on the 3rd

going to rest now

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2012
10:27 AM

Post #9370558

Back from church. Our District Superintendent showed up to listen to the preacher. It was a surprise, and I hope that she is doing evaluations, because the minister would not get very good marks on the sermon today.

Woke up with a scratchy throat, and just doing a bit of talking before church, I lost my voice. Sound like a squeaky toy. Oh, well, I am gonna nap this afternoon, after some honey in a cup of hot tea, so maybe that will help.

We had made plans to attend a gospel concert tonight and both of us are saying Why did we promise friends that we would go with them. Told DH to feel free to use my illness as an excuse!

More later.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 30, 2012

Post #9370599

Howdy, one and all - it's a windy, sunny but cold Sunday afternoon - DH is watching football and I am doing absolutely nothing!! It's a wonderful thing, doing absolutely nothing - in my head I KNOW I need to do stuff, but I just cannot get my behind off my chair :) Struggling with a sinus infection right now, but otherwise doing great - we had a lovely and very quiet Christmas, decided to set a budget for us this year, due to me hardly working...I stuck to the bargain, DH did not - so I've been playing with my new toy, a laptop, ever since - I'm not upset in the least over him straying away from the agreement - my other one was getting very slow, and hot - I need it for work and fast is good :)

Seriously contemplating finding my yarn and knitting needles, I'd like a new blanket and saw so many at Pottery Barn I liked, but, why pay $100 when I can do it myself - I can't do cable, but pretty much anything else and with huge needles and thick, soft wool I should have one in a few days :)

Anyway, back to drinking tea and doing nothing else, just wanted to drop by and say "HI" to all - Becky :)

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 30, 2012
12:04 PM

Post #9370646

Bec - I bet it would feel good to have the blanket in progress on your nap while you knit too. I think a few days of doing nothing is just what you needed from the sounds of it.

Loretta - our driveway is showing through where the sun hits it. I love it when that happens! Steak & shrimp sound good too! And thanks for the clue on Vicki's swear word. lol

Melva - is the collar the type the breaks off it under a lot of pressure? I worry about putting a collar on my outdoor cats 'cause I don't want them to get hooked on something & not be able to get loose.

I repotted a bunch of succulents I brought back from Ca in Nov. Put on a plastic glove and no worries about dirt & moisture.

OK. Off to the movies in a bit. I need to put the chickens in the barn... if I can.

Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2012
2:20 PM

Post #9370757

Oh Tammy, I would never use anything but a break away collar..we had a cat once, whose collar got stuck, and since the collar was on him, he was stuck too...it did not end well. I was 16, and remember it as if it had been yesterday.His name was George, a very handsome kitten.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2012
2:22 PM

Post #9370758

Becky, I am drinking tea too...Earl Grey...hot! I may switch to green tea I got a couple of them for Christmas (from me)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 30, 2012

Post #9370856

Bec, funny you should post...I was "saluting" you today...I had a chocolate truffle...a Godiva one...in your Honor! I was thinking how much
it would help you get well. I hope it worked!!! How is the new furbaby doing? So happy about the laptop.

I have been battling some wicked back spasms the last few days and today they over took me. Ended up in DH's recliner with the heating pad and a
percoset. I did a lot of standing and sitting on a hard chair yesterday, I think that set it off worse.

Sounds like you have all had a good day

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2012
6:21 PM

Post #9370901

I certainly will be glad when 2012 is over. I have claimed 2013 as an illness free year for me, but looks like I have a couple more days to get over this throat thing, which I think is turning into the flu.

Going to bed!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 30, 2012
6:56 PM

Post #9370919

Oh BonnieB, sorry to hear that. Bet that is what the intestinal issue was, all this brewing and working way out of system.

I hope you feel better.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2012
6:56 PM

Post #9370921

Phil's new rifle
P:\2012\Gun Pics\Holt Flintlock\Virginia Longrifle, _50 caliber, 42 barrel, maple, brass trim, sliding wood patchbox, by R_ Holt - Track of the Wolf.htm
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9370926

Melva, try that link again!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2012
7:30 PM

Post #9370943

P:\2012\Gun Pics\Holt Flintlock\Virginia Longrifle, _50 caliber, 42 barrel, maple, brass trim, sliding wood patchbox, by R_ Holt - Track of the Wolf.htm
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2012
7:33 PM

Post #9370946

If you cut and paste...the link works.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

December 30, 2012
7:38 PM

Post #9370952

No snow here, but quite cold for those of us who live in this area. 36 degrees this morning with a strong wind blowing off the ocean. I believe it made it up almost to 60 today with overcast skies. It surprises me to see people swimming and surfing out there in ordinary swimsuits. I am told they are most likely our Canadian guests who come down for the Winter months.

Tammy hope your fingers are feeling better today.

BonnieB hope your tummy is feeling better today also.

Elsie are you off tomorrow?

Dianne love your creativity with the flowers and the tree skirt. Happy to hear Quill is still with you. The worst of the holidays is almost over. Hang in there.

Adina I am waiting to see the decoration on your beef salad this year. You always make the most attractive dishes.

It seems from what I scanned that Corky has two homes?????? Melva what's up with that?

Deb you had a successful evening with "the family" - good for you. Glad you enjoyed the photo.

Hey Vicki. Did I read something about coyotes in your area?

Terese what are you going to be in Daytona Beach? I lost my notes.

My DD and family went home on the 27th. I sure hated to see them go.

I took my mom shopping today. I found her sitting on her walker looking at a blouse. When she decided to leave, she could not figure out how to stand up, turn around, and face the walker in the usual position for walking. She was completely baffled by the task. I had no idea how bad off she really is.

Invited the New Years eve gals over here on New Years Day around 2:00. Now Judy called and said one of her house guests and her sister from Miami may not be coming as she thinks she might be coming down with a UTI. I went to the grocery tonight and bought all the food. If they don't make it tomorrow, they will come in a few days.

Time for me to try to get some sleep. Goodnight all.

Bonnie
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9370965

One night I caught Corky going into a neighbors garage. He seemed quite at home, as if he had been there many times before..I called him and he stopped and looked at me with a 'Oh no, I have been busted, look' I have since found out he was going to the home of the lady who used to come and feed him...he is a two timing cat...

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 30, 2012
8:49 PM

Post #9371003

Melva -- that link wont work, since that link is coming from your hard drive, or a "drive" on your computer. It's a pathway to the file, but it would need to be uploaded to a host, or here on DG for others to view.

BonnieB -- Oh heavens... I hope you get well soon.

Bonnie -- I'll be in New Smyrna first, just me and DH for a week. Jan 11th and leaving for Orlando on the 18th.
then in Daytona from Feb 2nd until the 9th, we will be with a bunch of friends, staying at the same place as before [Ocean Walk?] though I can break away for lunch without a problem.
I still have your info from last yr in a Dmail. My phone # is the same if you still have it.

We also just found out a few days ago, that a dear friend of ours is 'slowly slipping away' in N. Ft Myers ... we were hoping to see him ... though it is a 4 hr drive from coast to coast... we're hoping he can hang on. [he's about 85 and his heart is failing.] DH is pretty upset about it.

heading off to bed...
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
6:14 AM

Post #9371151

Good morning, it is very cold here this morning. However, my day will be an inside one. Putting away all the things that are Christmas related, and tidying the house.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 31, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9371164

Good Morning!

Looks like I got the worm today. The chickens will be happy.

We very much enjoyed Lincoln. Definitely good for history buffs and wanna be history buffs. They actually developed suspense over outcomes we all know from our history as well as fill in a lot of details I never knew.

Terese - sorry to hear about your friend. If you let him know you are coming, it may help to give him reason to hold on.

Bonnie - I hope you take advantage of the quiet to heal.

Melva - have you ever talked to Corky's other people?

BonnieB - how are you feeling today?

Debbie - what are your plans for tonight?

Dianne - How snow did you end up with?

I'm having enough trouble typing that I'll beg forgiveness and just wave to the rest of you.
Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 31, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9371168

cross posted w/you BonnieB

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 31, 2012
6:28 AM

Post #9371180

Tam -- when we were speaking to his wife on the shone, she put him on speaker phone [otherwise he doesn't hear well] and DH told him if he does not get better, he's gonna kick his a$$... Donald got a laugh out of that which was good to hear... but DH told him we will be in FLA in a few weeks and will come see him. The wife has said she's had 8 yrs to prepare for this... He's not a well man, but has spunk ... think his golf game has kept him alive the past 5 yrs at least... but the old body is just failing him now.

Today is ... blood draw to check thyroid levels, a little shopping -- DH is even coming with, then we all will be going to a friends house for "new years" -- but we never stay that long... usually about 10pm and i'm in bed. Think all the kids are coming too. which may be a first.

BBL...

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 31, 2012
6:48 AM

Post #9371196

Good morning,

Still having some back issues this morning. They can stop any time. I think it is that "new" mattress, now 3 years old. I just have never been
able to get comfy on it and this last couple weeks have been tossing and turning non-stop. Was blaming it on stress but now am not sure.

Tam, we never go out New Years. I can remember twice I went out for New Years, once before children...and the one after when kids were very little.
I just don't get into it. We usually make a nice dinner and watch a favorite movie. When Harry Met Sally is one DH usually picks (Meg Ryan & Billy Crystal).
And with four kids out celebrating, I always think we need to be here "just in case".

Terese, good luck with the blood draws and your errands. Travel safely.

BonnieB, stay inside and warm up for sure! I hope you are feeling better.

Well, DH just made his breakfast with no regard to me wanting to eat anything (sausage & eggs)...jerk.

Going for rice krispies and coffee...enjoy your day

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 31, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9371230

I forget to check in, was going to but get side tracked with photo editing.
I am having so much fun but I ususaly only get to "edit" a couple of pictures a day but I end up with e or 4 extra pictures-so enjoying the software.

sandy and andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 31, 2012
8:02 AM

Post #9371245

Sandy, this is one I did awhile ago of a Pelican using my "brush strokes" program.
I need to play around with it and define more.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 31, 2012
8:06 AM

Post #9371250

nice. I have Topaz Lab Plug Ins for my PSE11 software and it gives me way to many things to do with my pictures!!!!

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 31, 2012
10:05 AM

Post #9371341

I like staying home for NY too. So I've invited friends over for the last few years. :-)

I washed my hair for the first time since I cut my fingers. Taped a plastic glove shut to be sure no water came in. Worked like a charm. Then took off the bandages to inspect the damage. My pinky looks like it will be fine. Maybe just a scar. The other finger has a deeper cut - the entire top third is kinda bruised looking though white like a blister from knuckle to tip on the cut side. Its a little warm too. I do not think its infected but its threatening to be. I have put on a bandaid loosely over it to let it get some air for a while. I sure will remember this for a long time! I know its not much compared to all the health issues many of you face ... but I'm just a whimp about this stuff! lol

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 31, 2012
10:11 AM

Post #9371347

Not a wimp Tam! Keep a good eye on that finger for infection. Heck complications from that can be worse than the cut itself.

Staying home with the pups for NY . Warren and I were never ones to party it up NY Eve so I don't see the point and starting now. When we lived in Toronto we used to go down to City Hall and skate at the outdoor rink. Subway and buses were always free for NYEve and Day. Wwe were usually in bed by 11 pm - heavens that was late for Warren, really late.

Another snow storm moving in today but only a few inches forecasted by the Weather Liars. We have about 20 in of snow here in my area but apparently you go into Kingston and they only have a foot.

How is your back Debbie?

Stay warm and safe tonight everyone. Our power has been on and off several times the last few days so am keeping myself at the ready just in case.

Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 31, 2012
10:48 AM

Post #9371383

Dianne, I have been on the heating pad for two days. Yesterday was so bad, DH gave up his recliner for me. I hate taking pain pills but have the last couple days.

Tam, do you have an antibiotic cream?? Neosporin type to put on that...or the honey?? They say honey has an antibacterial effect for those type injuries. Definitely keep an eye on it.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9371395

Well, back from a supply trip to town. My Guy and a 2 neighbors killed hogs this morning. Had to be ready to sugar cure the hams after while. Stopped on my way back, and they are not near ready to do any serious curing of meat. So will rest a bit and go back up there.

Tammy, if you have epson salts, soak your fingers in that, then put the antibacterial salve on and a bandaid for tonight. You need to protect them at night from hitting the blankets or such.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 31, 2012
11:21 AM

Post #9371415

new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292385/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America