Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Managing bugs in your compost - the good, the bad, and the merely ugly: Compost Buggies and others things too

Communities > Forums > Article: Managing bugs in your compost - the good, the bad, and the merely ugly
bookmark
Forum: Article: Managing bugs in your compost - the good, the bad, and the merely uglyReplies: 1, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
minpin3165
Port Charlotte, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 26, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #9367294

well i have all of those wonderful critters. But I have noticed that the eastern narrow mouthed toads really love my compost bins and now I dont want to bother them...so I have a dilemma. Do I bother these poor little guys that live their entire lives in my compost bin. They have all they need right there. Oh Gosh What do I do?????? Darn toads...they are so small too. the largest I have seen is barely one inch...

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

December 26, 2012
8:56 AM

Post #9367461

aww, I would leave the toads alone too. The way I figure it, you are fostering them all, and the whole population including the toads, is better off this way!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Managing bugs in your compost - the good, the bad, and the merely ugly Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Useful info for sure! Jan23 6 Dec 25, 2012 12:02 PM
grubs bugdan 8 Dec 29, 2012 11:59 AM
What about fungus in compost? RikkiM 1 Dec 24, 2012 2:55 PM
if you have wood lice....... SoooSirius 1 Dec 28, 2012 8:42 AM
Cockroaches! Ugh! herbella 1 Jun 13, 2013 5:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America