AuthorContent
Johnmarrison
Canada
United States

December 27, 2012
11:00 PM

Post #9368806

Hello Friends,

Many things pass through our sinks over the years our dishes and utensils as well as the food we eat. With so much use, it is important for our sinks to stay clean and cared for. Old sinks tend to collect dirt and grime more easily and can lose their shine and luster. Proper cleaning with the right materials will restore an old white kitchen sink to cleanliness and beauty.

Thanks and Regards,
John marrison

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 3, 2013
6:54 AM

Post #9373959

Hi John,

I've had stainless steel, enamel coated cast iron and corian sinks. Each as an advantage for cleanliness. All require routine cleaning. I found the stainless steel easy 'cause I would come back nice & shiney clean after scrubbing with a comet-type cleanser. The same was true for enameled cast iron but I was annoyed by the marks pots would leave. I switched to corian then, to avoid the seams. I use a soft-scrub type cleanser to scrub it clean but over time it has slowly gotten a bit yellower. Its an off white so not hugely noticable. This is after about 12yrs. I'm going back to the enameled cast iron I think.

Tam
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

January 3, 2013
9:14 AM

Post #9374126

I have a composite granite sink. I love it. it is black and no stains or dirt show (but I have to assume it is there) VERY easy to clean and every now and again - I throw some polish on it and it gleams.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 3, 2013
10:56 AM

Post #9374238

Interesting. I'll give that a look.
Tam

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Kitchens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
If you were replacing a countertop, what would you choose? LooneyLinda 196 Nov 15, 2013 3:43 AM
As requested on another thread, here's my kitchen re-do Connie_G 53 Jun 3, 2007 5:32 AM
anyone use Sears to reface cabinets? ssdogwood 15 Aug 3, 2007 10:21 PM
Our kitchen is done ! CountryGardens 24 Oct 13, 2007 3:12 PM
Stainless Steel Appliances - Any suggestions?? azrobin 18 Jun 3, 2010 3:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America