Advice about tomato for juicing

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Looking for exactly that, advice about a good tomato variety for juicing. I am sure it is in all these threads , only that gets to be a lot of reading.
Any of you have any that come to mind, I do not know if any I have make good juice , most I have been growing do not..
It is really early yet ,but It gives me a chance to plan.lol

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

I just take whatever I have a lot of to make juice!

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

The most plentiful!

or

The overripe ones! The ones that you just can use fast enough, juice'm. No matter variety. I actually like to mix a few different kinds together for juice(and sauce). I've tried in the past, just juicing(or saucing) one variety, and imo....not near as flavorful as a combo of 2-3 varieties.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

I totally agree, Ray_Der_Phan- the more varieties, the better- that gives you the best of all of 'em! I can't wait for Spring!!!

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

Definitely JoP! :) I've juiced 50 different tomatoes(over a few years) and none of the single blends are as good as the double/triple blends. Rings true with sauce too.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I can only imagine the color of the juice or sauce...not a pretty picture..but as long as it tastes good.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

1lisa, my juice/sauce is always bright red--and it IS a pretty picture-

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

That sounds great. I grow some crazy colored tomtoes can only imagine the color of the juice.

Albersbach, Germany

Give Kellogs Breakfast (RL or PL KBX) a try. You will be pleasantly surprised. Ami

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.